Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 am

I dated my ex for an entire year and whatnot. I managed to move on quickly, because
I knew if I didn't that I'd keep running back to him.

Anyway, I'm starting to think of him more and more. I don't miss him, I just miss how
much he loved me.
emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am
having never being in a relationship, i can say with great authority that it's normal. as time goes on, your mind remembers the good stuff, but not the meh stuff and the bad stuff
like that with anything, really
i never understand why people that are always single always have the ones in relationships turning to them for advice. maybe cuz they're more clear-headed on such things? dunno  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am
It's natural to want to be loved. It sounds to me that you just feel alone. So, I would suggest that you look for another relationship, if you don't want to date your ex anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:48 am
Kitalpha Hart
having never being in a relationship, i can say with great authority that it's normal. as time goes on, your mind remembers the good stuff, but not the meh stuff and the bad stuff
i never understand why people that are always single always have the ones in relationships turning to them for advice. maybe cuz they're more clear-headed on such things? dunno

I think you're right. I guess I have forgotten all the negatives of that relationship.
Or do you think it might be because I'm not being treated as well with the new guy
I'm with?

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am
Ittarius
It's natural to want to be loved. It sounds to me that you just feel alone. So, I would suggest that you look for another relationship, if you don't want to date your ex anymore.

I have moved on already, but I'm starting to wonder if this new guy is only a rebound?
I feel bad being with someone and thinking of someone else. Maybe it's because
my ex was the only guy I ever had sex with, so there will always be that emotional
bond. Oh and I was so comfortable with my ex and now I actually got to put in an
effort with this new guy.
emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart

I think you're right. I guess I have forgotten all the negatives of that relationship.
Or do you think it might be because I'm not being treated as well with the new guy
I'm with?
combination, maybe. how has he been treating you? like a normal person? nicely unless friends are around? has he been trying to get to know you, so that he might surprise you later?  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart

I'm with?
combination, maybe. how has he been treating you? like a normal person? nicely unless friends are around? has he been trying to get to know you, so that he might surprise you later?

The whole reason I left my ex is because I felt too tied down with him. His whole
life revolved around me and he only wanted to be around me.

So I guess being with this new guy, even though he treats me rather well, it's
just weird not being his center of attention. Slowly but surely I'm seeing his faults.
Like for example, he never thinks of the consequences before he does something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart

I'm with?

The whole reason I left my ex is because I felt too tied down with him. His whole

just weird not being his center of attention. Slowly but surely I'm seeing his faults.
so his not being 100% you is something you will get used to. the fact that he's an act-first-think-later kind of person might end well, might not. i can only say wait and see for that
and just remember that nobody's perfect~  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 am
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart

I'm with?

so his not being 100% you is something you will get used to. the fact that he's an act-first-think-later kind of person might end well, might not. i can only say wait and see for that

I feel so much better already. emotion_hug
Thank you.
emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 am
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart
o0Roxy0o
Kitalpha Hart

I'm with?

I feel so much better already. emotion_hug
Thank you.
emotion_bigheart
welcome~User Image  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 pm
o0Roxy0o
Ittarius

I have moved on already, but I'm starting to wonder if this new guy is only a rebound?
I feel bad being with someone and thinking of someone else. Maybe it's because
my ex was the only guy I ever had sex with, so there will always be that emotional
bond. Oh and I was so comfortable with my ex and now I actually got to put in an
effort with this new guy.
emotion_0A0

Trying can be very difficult when you're used to not having to. I'm like that, too- but every relationship starts out like that. You can't just be totally at ease, perfect relationship right off; it takes work. Now, whether that work will pay off, I can't say, but you have to at least give it a go.

You shouldn't feel bad about thinking about your ex, though. He was a significant person for you, and his role in your life made an impact on you that can never really be reversed. But when you have, like you said, an emotional bond with someone, it can be really hard to break them from your system, even if you have moved on; it's really hard to forget someone so you shouldn't worry about it. Everyone thinks of someone else from time to time.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:59 am
Sweetie, when you have those thoughts about your ex, I want you to tell yourself something:

"We broke up for a reason."

It is easy to forget pain once it's passed. How do you think women can have babies multiple times? wink

I wonder if your current boyfriend isn't necessarily treating you worse than your ex, just differently.

However, if they are not treating you as a lovable person with value, you may want to take a hard look at the relationship. If you do, I urge you to take a break before moving on again.

Take care.  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers