Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Mentor RP] Noland + Shun explore feelings. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am
Shun found another note taped to his door one day, with no special signature or fun little rhyming scheme. It simply said:

It's time. Let's see how much you've grown.
Meet me at the clubhouse at midnight.

There was no signature, and for all Shun knew, it could have been a trick. But if he thought about it for a moment, he would remember the last time he got a note that looked similar.

Blade Kuroda
i am not sorry for being creepy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 am
Another note on his door that he required a bit of help deciphering. Once 'decoded' he furrowed his brow at the message. Well, one thing was for certain, it seemed to be a challenge of sorts. Though, it was hard to say who it was from. Most likely, it was not from Invictus. He could figure that much out.

Apart from that, he wasn't sure.

It could also be somewhat of a trap. Narrowing his good eye, he went on and decided to see about this. It wasn't the first time he received a mysterious note. Though, he was still on his guard as he went into the clubhouse at the designated time.

Nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm
Noland wasn't trying to be stealthy, or surprise Shun, when he walked in for a mentors session. He was standing there, his mask completely emotionless as usual, and his gaping mouth shut so tight it was invisible. He didn't move, he just watched the boil come closer, waiting there at the door for him.

"Welcome, welcome! It's so nice to see you again, my black ranger. Let's get you inside! We'll be using one of the empty rooms for today. I've had it set up nicely."

By set up nicely, Noland meant that there was a pillow pile set up right in the center of the room. Was this the nap club, or something? No, it was even sparser. But he opened the door and let Shun in, closing - and locking - it behind the boil. Then he gestured to the pile.

"Have a seat, make yourself comfortable! Today will be all about comfort."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 pm
Shun bowed lightly to Noland as he showed up, then glanced about. It didn't look like Levi was around, though he wasn't certain if she would be showing up for this. It was possible that their mentor wished to speak with them separately or something along those lines. Nodding quietly to him, he walked on into the room, raising a brow as he spotted the pile of pillows ahead.

"..Comfort?"

Well that was a little strange.

Shrugging, he made his way and picked out a pillow to sit upon. Once he had settled, he turned towards the hungry ghost, waiting for further instructions.

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 am
The idea of being 'settled', for Shun, didn't look very comfortable. Noland floated over, and laid down on the pillows. "You're as straight as a pin. That does not seem comfortable at all. Say, Shun, have you ever done something called yoga? Or maybe some meditation? What position would you get in, for that?"

Noland sat up, a slow and bulky movement - and then he raised his hands, and put them in a strange position, while humming to himself.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 am
Shun stared as Noland positioned himself in a somewhat strange, then shook his head.

"I've never done Yoga, but I meditate fairly often. This... is typically how I do it," he said as he crossed his legs over one another and rested his arms over his knees. Relaxing, he let out a slow breath and closed his eye to demonstrate.

Were they going to be meditating today then? He would have thought Noland would call him out for some sort of training, but this was fine as well.

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 pm
It was hard to tell if Noland was actually watching him, or not - since the mask never actually changed in expression, or made any indication of where his eyes were looking. So when Shun began to meditate, Noland did not move, sitting there creepily still for several minutes of silence. Only after these minutes had passed, did he break the silence with a sudden cry.

"Wonderful, you meditate well! That's good, it will help. You see, today I want to see if we can get in touch with your inner Shun. I've seen you fighting, black ranger. You've excelled my expectations, and you've overpassed your limits time and time again. I really don't think there's anything left to teach you - except how to express yourself without using expression. See, you don't really change your expression much, do you? It's like you're wearing a mask." Oh, the irony. "And there's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. Masks are great. Fantastic even! But maybe we can find out what's going on behind that mask in other ways. It'll be fun! Right?"

Whether or not it sounded fun to Shun, didn't seem to matter. Noland was delighted at the idea.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:36 pm
When Noland broke the silence, his eye snapped open and he began to listen to what his Mentor had to say. Did the Hungry ghost really have nothing else to teach him when it came to battle or other physical things? They had only really worked with one another once before, so this came as a surprise to him.

Shun also wasn't entirely certain how to feel about this ordeal about expressing himself, though he was aware that he did have trouble doing just that.

"...Right," he replied quietly, uncertain where this will be going exactly. He wasn't entirely enthusiastic about the agenda of the day, but it wasn't his place to question things. Maybe... this will be able to help him with some of the more physical things. He wasn't sure how, but there may be some way.

Nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 pm
Noland nodded his head and waved his hand. "All right, close your eyes again. Since you already know how to meditate, I'll let you do just that for a bit. But, you must lose yourself completely. Try to get as deep into meditative state as you've ever been. This place has no sound, and no one will disturb us, plus I've made it as comfortable as I can. So it should not be hard! Just dive as deep within yourself as you can, and then, we will see what we find.

The ghost went silent again, taking the position he'd put himself in before, and fading slightly. It looked like he was meditating right along with the boil.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:50 pm
Not saying a word, Shun nodded, then took in a deep breath. So he was to get into a deep meditative state. Right. Shifting a little in place, he closed his eye once more. Slowly, he drew out his breath and relaxed himself. As he began to meditate, his breathing grew more slow over time. Just as that was happening, his mind was growing more clear as he worked on going into a deeper sort of trance.

Nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:16 am
The room was silent. Noland didn't have to breathe, or move, so he made no sound that might have disturbed Shun. And yet, his presence was palpable, always felt, like a disturbing shadow. It was his presence that kept Shun up to speed on his whereabouts, and he knew that. So when that feeling was snuffed out like a light, he also knew it would disturb Shun out of his trance.

Ah, but it was far too late for that.

Shun would find himself in a limbo that left him senseless. He couldn't move his body, and when he opened his eyes, all he saw was more darkness. He couldn't even see himself anymore - much like Noland's first challenge, but far, far worse.

Shun couldn't feel his own body. But he could hear. And that was what mattered.

"Don't be alarmed now!" Noland's voice gently nudged him. "You're just fine. We're.. sort of in your subconscious a little bit! It's not really a thing, consider it a little trick, nothing more! But we're going to do a little exploring. There's more here than you can imagine! Are you ready?"

Just as he could hear, Shun would soon find that he could talk, though he had no sense of moving lips or breathing the air to speak with.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:46 pm
For awhile, Shun didn't feel anything much different from his usual meditation, but he soon realized that something wasn't quite the same. His eye opened up, finding that he was in pitch blackness. There was also the fact that he couldn't really feel himself being there. It was like he was suspended in nothing. Before he could try and make sense of any of this, he realized that he wasn't completely isolated, as he heard Noland's voice.

"I suppose I'm as ready as I can be," he replied, without really speaking. Or was he speaking? He couldn't really tell.

Maybe this is how Riley felt when she spoke to others. There wasn't really any way for him to know for certain.

Nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 pm
Quote:
Shun is entering his own subconscious for some good old fashioned soul searching. What will he find on his adventure? Why, his own memories, of course - with startling clarity, as if reliving the moments. It's up to you what memories will change him in this mentor RP. Each memory should be written very detailed, as they will determine what happens after his experience. Choose carefully!

Roll 1d100 5 times, separately.

1-10: Shun's memory is about his early childhood, from the ages of 1 to 5.

11-30: Shun's memory is about his later childhood, from the ages of 6 to 14.

31-60: Shun's memory is about his time at Amityville, and it is a pleasant one.

61-90: Shun's memory is about his time at Amityville, and it is a disturbing one.

91-100: Quote me for a specific prompt!

Blade Kuroda

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 100-sided dice: 57 Total: 57 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:59 pm
[Warning - this series of solos may contain heavy violence... just not in this post]

It had been about a week or so since they had gone through the madness that was the first Haunted House field trip. Shun had been hurt rather badly during the whole ordeal. Apart from physical injuries, his attempt to attack Caelius had rendered him temporarily blind and deaf. Over the week, his senses were slowly recovering as his fear was building back up in strength. And during this time, Mitsu rarely left his side, making sure that he was well.

While he was recovering, he had time to think about quite a few things. At the Haunted House, somehow, through all the battles and danger and whatnot, something had clicked within him. He didn't entirely understand it, but at one point, he found himself kissing the lycan. And then, he had told her, 'I think I love you.'

It was a move he did not regret. One he would never regret for that matter. Even before that point, he had felt a sort of strange attachment for Mitsu. It confused him, as it was a sensation he was completely unfamiliar with. He had spoken with Lizzy but she wasn't entirely helpful with getting him to figure things out. Instead, they just pushed for him to get things sorted out on his own. But... between the Haunted house and now, things were becoming more clear to him.

That strange feeling in his chest was not some odd illness that befell him. The uncertainty was gone. For someone who had never known love in any form before, it was almost surprising with how sure he was of this now. And so he confessed to Mitsu, telling her that he did not regret doing what he had done in the Haunted House. A part of him was worried she would turn him away, but he was proven wrong.

"I never expected you to say something like that...and it made me so very happy. I do love you...and I care about you.......and...I want to be with you," she had said.

He never thought it possible. But here it was now. And it felt... really damn good. Shun actually felt happy. And it was enough that a soft, subtle smile had crept up onto his features as he replied to her.

"I don't just think it anymore... I love you too and.. I want to be with you as well."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 100-sided dice: 25 Total: 25 (1-100)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 pm
"Again."

The word was spoken harshly, causing Shun to flinch a little as he heard it. He looked nervously at the older Reaper that was his father, then took in a deep breath. His body was sore, and he was tired, but he still had a lot of training left to do today. There was still a lot of training to do in general. Rather than playing with toys and friends like many other seven year old children, this is what he did instead. Gripping onto his daggers, he stared at his father and brought up the weapons as he readied himself.

Kaitou stood, staring coldly down at his son while loosely holding onto two wooden swords. There, he waited for the boy to make his first move.

"Well? What the hell are you waiting for?" he hissed.

Shun gritted his teeth at this, then rushed forward to attack. He went to make two strikes. The first was easily parried and the other dodged by his older opponent. Letting out a shout, he turned and tried again, throwing in a kick in an attempt to land some sort of hit on Kaitou.

Nothing connected.

The older grim side stepped upon the last attack, then struck the boy hard on the side before kicking him down. Shun's let out a sharp cry of pain before he was sent tumbling back several feet. There, he remained on the ground for a time, curled up on himself. He could feel the tears coming, as much as he was trying to fight them off.

"It hurts..." he whimpered out. But he was already battered up from having received a number of strikes from the wooden blades. No doubt he had a fair number of bruises already. His father never seemed to hold back whenever they sparred.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body," Kaitou replied coldly as he walked closer, "If you don't want to be struck, then stop failing. Now get up, Shun. Again."

Trembling, the boy slowly pushed himself back to his feet and brought his daggers back up and getting into stance. It was weak though. It wasn't hard to see that he was hurting with the way he stood. Before he could get started, he was struck on the leg, causing him to buckle back down.

"What kind of piss poor stance is that? You're showing weakness standing like that. Stand strong, or not at all," Kaitou snapped. Shun got back up, feeling the aches all around. He tried to get into a proper stance, but the pain was keeping him from doing just that. This resulted in another lash, bringing him back down, "Stand properly, dammit!"

"I.. I c-can't..." the boy sputtered out as it was too much for him at this point. Curling back in on himself, tears began to flow from his eyes. He was trying to hide this fact from his father, but the fear that he would find out caused him to sob outright. And sure enough, because of that, Kaitou did realize what was happening, and it seemed to only anger him further.

"Stop, ******** crying," he fumed. When that didn't happen, he struck the boy again, "I SAID STOP!"

This continued for a short while, before the older Reaper had enough of this. He tossed away the wooden swords, then went and left the training room.

"You best learn to feel nothing or you'll always be pathetic. You'll be working harder tomorrow to make up for today's failures."  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff