Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
At War (Modern/Pathfinder) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:43 pm
Character Sheets ]

1]
2]
3]
4]
5]
6]
7]
8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The earth we know, but a far different world then the one we know.

The world had known a decade of true peace between the nations. But when a number of leaders of the world were assassinated with in a number of hours. A mysterious alien coalition took it's chance to destroy earth‘s satellite systems and invade earth.

Being caught off guard, the United states of America had lost the whole eastern sea board before collecting and coordinating a counter attack and defense stratagy against the invaders. The war had started, and the Americans were just knocked back into before civil war.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Pathfinder
Banned Resources:

ECL: 5
Gold: standard
Races: open
Ability Scores*: 6 rolls of 2d6 +6, or 32 point buy
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: Open
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Welcomed… this world is much like our modern one. The Coalition forces are a military force that based it’s power on magic, instead of technology [like humans did]

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Humans can’t have any magic classes, exception Alchemist. Coalition forces, all other races, can use magic, but loose access to Gunslinger and Alchemist.
2] There is no two... move on.
3] Players can group up, or battle each other.
4] Guns Everywhere, rule is active. Guns now are largely varied between, so I will allow some creativeness as a player’s firearm is concerned
5] Ride is actually a number of separate skills[like Craft and Knowledge], that refer to piloting a single type of vehicle; Helicopter, Space Craft, Animal, Car, Plane, motorcycle, bicycle, etc. And All classes get it as a free skill

Quote:
Water date 360U9S
I was only a child when we left our home, in search of a new planet. Some days I can still hear the wind blowing though the trees, feel the sun on the skin. and taste the sweet taste of a cool evening. … . Now grey hair has replaced my once black hair. Oh, how I wish we didn’t have to stare at these stone walls.

It had been 360 years since the Coalition left their homeworld, inside 13 asteroid-like ships called Tolka. The tolka ranged in size; from a small 4 story building to the biggest being the size of a Mountain. Having no engines, the ships make no sounds of their own. And only a slight glow surround them, from the force walls that surround them.

Most on board the tolka are 3rd or 4th generation star travelers, and don’t truly know why they left their homeworld, nor where they are going. Life onboard the tolka, is much like life in a major city [i.e. New York, L.A., Vegas] with the only exception no money. Everything is bought, sold, and traded; on a barter system.

The true power of the tolka community is in the council of seven. Though, current Commander, a title closer to mayor than military general, is an very old diplomatic elf named Romany Moonleaf. The only first generation elves left, and the first of the commanders to keep a log, though even he doesn’t recall the reasons for their departure. He can only repeat what was said by the bards and scholars…

Quote:
Water date 360U30S
The oracles and clerics say we are close to the home the gods say will be ours. They said that for the last 400 days, it had gotten some of the residents in a upheaval over impatience of leaving these walls. Had to double the guards in Delba, to quell the Orcs attempt at a riot. They are only thinking the same thing we all are… how close is close…

The ancient texts make mention of a planet, very much like their homeworld. With the aid of the gods, though clerics and oracles, they have embarked on this journey for a new home. Unable to turn back, the coalition presses forward.

Quote:
Water date 361U39S
The planet is inhabited, and they attacked us with the biggest fireballs, I have ever seen! We lost three of our ships, Istra was on one of those ships. I will have to inform Torak before the news reaches him. I have ordered the remaining ships to dock on the natural satellite… what have the gods lead us to?

Taking refuge in the shadow of the moon, the shaken and angry people of the remaining Tolka lick their wounds and repair what they can of their ships. As they make since of the explosive attacks
Quote:

Water date 361U49S
With the unprovoked attack still on the crew and civilian’s minds, many are wondering when we are going to strike back. It is all the council and I can do to keep the peace. Primary scouting parties, say the people of this world are varied in nature, and seem to give no thought to the billions of deaths. Even in the higher reaches of their government. Another oddity, the scouts can’t find any signs of a magical presence on the planet. How can these people live like this, without magic?

As the days go on, patience with Commander Moonleaf’s lack of swiftness to avenge the fallen, was meeting a grinding halt. which caused a rift in power to form that he wasn’t aware of. Those who stayed loyal to the commander and council, and those who formed an allegiance with someone else.

Quote:

Water date 361U57S
Torak took an army of volunteers and attacked the planet… like it or not… we are at war…

Torak, the only orc on the council, forced the hand of the commander and the rest of the council by launching a simultaneous surprise attacks on the population of 10 major cities a cross the globe. Taking Tokyo, Hung Kong, London, Washington DC, Moscow, and
many more with in a few hours and setting up magical pathways back to the tolka.

Humans side

The 13 tolka ships was seen only by chance, and calculated to impact Earth. Seeing the tolka as, and believing they were, a cluster of asteroids. It was agreed that their impact would destroy the Earth. And that a group of timed explosions would knock the asteroids off course, or blow them away, saving the human race from a fate worse than the dinosaurs.

A months passed in our fast pace world, and the asteroids became almost forgotten news. Just another event of yesterday.

suddenly the world is swept into a ferrous and savage attack.

Civilian resistance and military forces struggle, as they face a mysterious enemy who seeminly can bend the world to their will…  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 pm
house rule 2 interested me....I'll keep an eye on this one  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:06 pm
still working on it, but if you have questions... ask  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:51 am
I'm not entirely sure what to make of this game. The guns part somewhat deters me along with open alignments because of the risk of chaotic randumbs.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:12 pm
Mongooseh
I'm not entirely sure what to make of this game. The guns part somewhat deters me along with open alignments because of the risk of chaotic randumbs.

Sorry for the lateness, work has been evil.

For the guns part, the game is supposed to be modern. And humans of all creeds have access to some type of firearm now-a-days. Keeping the other races from it, only seems logical [why develop a firearm, or much in the ways of technology; when you can cast a spell with little training]

As for open alignments, I don't know why I set that... probably remove it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Mongooseh

For the guns part, the game is supposed to be modern. And humans of all creeds have access to some type of firearm now-a-days. Keeping the other races from it, only seems logical [why develop a firearm, or much in the ways of technology; when you can cast a spell with little training]

so, pretty much it's our world, but if we lived with elves, goblins, ect and magic?
I love it!

I'ma roll my brosephine  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
Cute Things In Jars rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 1, 6, 1, 6 Total: 43 (12-72)

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:25 pm
6 rolls of 2d6+6, 12 dice total

Stat 1: 2, 5 +6 = 13
Stat 2: 3, 2 +6 = 11
Stat 3: 4, 4 +6 = 14
Stat 4: 4, 5 +6 = 15
Stat 5: 1, 6 +6 = 13
Stat 6: 1, 6 +6 = 13  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:56 am
Hmmm Races are open? Do you mind if I make my own construct race using this?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races#TOC-Step-2:-Racial-Qualities  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:01 am
Rolling is being allowed? Is it open to join then?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 am
So humans are barred from magic-based classes, but can get guns.

When you say magic, do you mean only arcane, or do divine classes also fit the bill?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:18 am
oh, and are we rerolling 1's or keep them  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm
Soap Disco
Southern Cross Nemesis
Mongooseh

so, pretty much it's our world, but if we lived with elves, goblins, ect and magic?
I love it!

I'ma roll my brosephine

Not lived with, at war with... just clearing that up  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:13 pm
Dion Necurat
So humans are barred from magic-based classes, but can get guns.

When you say magic, do you mean only arcane, or do divine classes also fit the bill?

all magic, humans are denied access to, Divine and arcane. But they do have access to alchemic options; pharmacy and chemistry being a prime examples of this in modern day. Where divine and arcane magic is normally just slide of hand and tricks of the eye.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:15 pm
The Number Three
Rolling is being allowed? Is it open to join then?

Rolling is allowed, and yes it is open to join  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:23 pm
Mongooseh
Hmmm Races are open? Do you mind if I make my own construct race using this?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/arg-creating-new-races#TOC-Step-2:-Racial-Qualities

Si, yes, you can and I will set the racial point limit at 23.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff