Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Sequel to After the Fight.

Over twenty years ago, a large underground fighting ring was started. This illegal ring was made by wealthy people who bought young, kidnapped teenage mutates and then forced them to fight each other to the death. Fourteen years ago, the ring was brought to light and broken down. Many of the mutate teenagers that were rescued from the ring were brought to rehabilitation and were able to integrate back into society. However others were unable to cope with what happened to them and committed suicide or attacked people, feeling angry that they were forgotten for so long.

In the last year, mutate violence has gone up as the children of the original group mutates have grow up, most of them developing powers themselves. Some of the original mutates themselves are the cause of the violence, still being unable to integrate back into society, and the government is getting nervous...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 pm
Accepted Characters

Maya Freana
My name is Amaya Dupree, but most people just call me Amaya.
And I am 33 years old.
I am in fact a female.
People tend to tell me that I am a very different person. I used to be very cold and full of doom and gloom, but after fourteen years of being out of the ring, I am much happier. I love my family fiercely though, and I will hurt anyone who tries to hurt them..
My powers allow me to control shadows.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with when Adrian showed up in the ring. Our mutual owner, Carl Northman, or as we knew him, Sikes, had bought him. We became friends pretty quickly, though it was about a year before we actually began dating. I was hesitant to let him know everything about me right away, especially to let him near my daughter Calista, who was two at the time. But he proved to be great with her. I escaped the ring and alerted the authorities, who came and busted it up. The next four years for me were just about recovering, dealing with my schizophrenia, and learning how to be a single mom. Adrian and I had been separated when we were taken to different rehabilitation facilities, but he finally found Calista and I four years after. Two months after Adrian came back into my life, I told him I was pregnant with our son, Riley. The next day I was beaten within an inch of my life by an angry mutate who had been my daughter's father's best friend in the ring, who was angry that i survived when his friend did not. I managed to recover, but when I was seven months pregnant, he came back and attacked me again. Riley was born prematurely and I nearly died. The two of us managed to recover though and Adrian and I finally got married a year later. We traveled around the country as a family for Adrian's tour until Calista was finally ready to go back to school, and have since been living in New York City happily, where I've been publishing my books and Adrian has been working on his music..
Here's what I look like. Though my right arm is constantly in monster form. I guess my powers have kept me young because I've looked the same for fourteen years... Human Monster

My name is Calista Dupree, but most people just call me Cali.
And I am 18 years old.
I am in fact a girl.
People tend to tell me that I am a sweetheart. I have always been a sweetheart. I love to make people happy and I'm usually pretty calm. However I'm super protective of my little brother and I will do what I can to make sure no one hurts him..
My powers let me make anything physical that I imagine become reality.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my whole life? When my mom was first brought to the ring, she was bought by Carl Northman. He owned another mutate already, named Damien. My mom and Damien became quick friends, but after a few months, Carl got the idea to try and breed his mutates so he could save some money and make better fighters, so he forced Damien to rape my mom until she was finally pregnant with me. I was taken from my mom for two years after I was born, and my dad was killed in a fight when I was only a few days old. When I was around three, my powers started to develop and Carl had my mom beaten while I was forced to watch until it scared me enough that my powers fully manifested. After that, I was sent to live with her in the ring. After we got out, I stayed with my mom until I was seven. Then Adrian came back. I eventually started calling him my dad, since he was really the only dad I'd ever known and I was so happy when I found out I'd finally be getting a baby brother. I was 8 when my mom was attacked when she was seven months pregnant with Riley, the man that attacked them, Sloan, showed up at my school, in the middle of class and took me to an abandoned factory. He beat me for a little bit, and then told me that he was going to raise me the way my real dad would've wanted, and that he killed my mom and brother. I got scared and angry, and using my powers, tore Sloan to pieces. It was a long time before I was ready to go back to school after that, but I eventually did and I made a few friends, coming out of my shell a bit. .
Here's what I look like. I grew up

Zelly-fangirl
My name is Adrian Dupree, but most people just call me Adrian.
And I am 31 years old.
I am in fact a guy.
People tend to tell me that I am pretty laid back. I try to avoid fighting unless absolutely necessary, and that usually applies to my family. I do not appreciate people threatening them. Other than that, I'm usually the guy that'll try to cheer you up on a bad day..
My powers flight, obviously, and my control over blood.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with my transformation, I guess. Best place to start as any. I was in high school when it happened and it hurt like hell. My friends, my family, everyone was freaked out just looking at me. The offered cure was bullshit, of course, and so I got sent to the arena. That was where I met Amaya. I was a mess at first. I basically believed that we were all going to kill each other in the ring and that making friends was pointless. Amaya snapped me out of that brief phase though and we became friends under the same owner, Sikes. I had the chance to kill him once, and I still regret not taking it. We were down there for a year before we finally got together as boyfriend and girlfriend. After getting the arena shut down, Amaya and I were split up. I went home for a while, but everyone I knew just kept asking when I'd get the cure, when I'd get the cure, when the truth was I wasn't sure I wanted it. After I changed, my friends and family were scared just looking at me, something I could see in their eyes, while Amaya loved me, wings and all. I didn't stay long before I left to find her again. It took me four years before I finally found her and settled down with her and her daughter Calista. After having helped take care of her back in the arena, it made me so happy when I heard her call me daddy for the first time. Just two months later I found out I was going to have a son and be a real dad. Of course with the good came the bad. Twice while Amaya was pregnant did some guy from the arena try to kill her. He almost succeeded the second time, and nearly took our unborn son with her. He tried to kill Calista too, but she wound up killing him instead. Did I mention Calista was eight at the time? She came out traumatized, her brother Riley had to be birthed two months premature, and Amaya almost died. But by some stroke of luck everyone came out okay. Now Amaya and I are happily married with two kids. In between all the drama, I was working on my music. I'm the first mutate to make it big in the industry and Amaya and the kids have actually come with me on a few shows. Now we've settled back in in NYC living as happy as can be.
Here's what I look like. Apparently the mutate gene holds the secret to immortality. I haven't changed a bit since I...well, changed. The first face of mutate music.

My name is Riley Dupree, but most people just call me Riley.
And I am 10 years old.
I am in fact a boy.
People tend to tell me that I am kinda lazy. I tend to try to get out of my chores, and I'm a bit of a jokester too. Dad's also always calling me a trouble maker for always pulling pranks at school and on my sister.
My powers are to bring drawings, paintings, and art in general to life.
Well my past is a little complicated but I guess I'll start with I dunno, what happened before I was born, I guess? Dad tells me that some big jerk from mom's past tried to kill her while I was in her stomach and that they were scared I wasn't gonna make it for a while. I was even born earlier than I should've been, so everyone was really freaking out about me. But then mom would always get mad at dad because she thinks he's gonna give me nightmares or something. I don't really mind though. I actually like hearing about what mom and dad went through before, even if they'd rather forget. It's like they went through all this stuff to the point the world had it out for them, but they still came out in one piece. I'm kind of jealous that sis actually got to see mom and dad in action back in that arena place they talk about. Other than that though? Not a whole lot has happened around here to warrant telling. Oh, and dad keeps trying to give me guitar lessons, but I don't really care so much. I like his music and all, but I just wanna draw and read my comic books, you know?
Here's what I look like. Coolest kid on the block, right?

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 am
Sighing as she wrote the final edits on the chapter, Amaya leaned back and stretched. She'd been writing her newest book for the last month, though it had been going very slowly. With the kids almost being done with school, and with Cali almost ready to graduate, Amaya had been busier with her family life. The last couple of years had been quiet for the veteran up until the last year, and as she flicked on the news, she could see that the mutate violence was still very much alive, making the woman worry as she watched.

"I'm home! Ugh, school was so long today, I'm so happy to finally be home." Cali said as she walked through the door, dropping her backpack next to the couch as she sat down next to Amaya. She had noticed her mother was watching a lot more of the news lately though with the increased violence, she could see why. Though she hadn't told her parents, a lot of the kids at school were nervous and they either went to sticking near some of the mutates they were comfortable with in case something were to happen suddenly she guess, or stayed as far away as possible.

"Well you're almost done. Just a little longer." Amaya replied, finally acknowledging that her daughter was there as well as finally tearing her gaze from the screen. "Then you can go off to your big fancy job in Hollywood." She teased, grinning as she mussed up Cali's hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 am
"....and that's when I nailed him in the face with a spitball!" Riley's young voice could be heard just outside the door as the boys came home.

Adrian sighed as he opened the door while giving his son a piggy back ride, Riley holding his father's horns for support. He looked a little drained, but Riley had that effect on people. "You know they're not going to leave you alone if you keep antagonizing them like that. You're just making things harder on yourself."

"Yeah, but they're jerks! Everyone's gonna think I'm some sort of wuss if I just run to the teacher all the time!"  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 am
"Now who are you antagonizing?" Amaya sighed, running a hand through her hair. This was a daily occurrence at this point and she was starting to run out of patience.

Cali took the new lecture as a cue to leave and headed off to the kitchen to make a bowl of fruit salad for herself. Hazama, her oldest creation, appeared to help and began cutting up half of the fruit while Cali cut the other half.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 am
"The same old mob as usual." Adrian sighed as he stooped down to let Riley off his back.

Since the fourth grade there had been a core group of bullies that picked on him. Riley had boasted about his parents and the role they played in mutant liberation, but the group seemed to think he was overstepping his greatness by not having powers and felt like constantly taking him down a notch. "Hey, they started it! They won't leave me alone because I'm the only non-mutant in this family!" Riley kind of pouted as he folded his arms.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am
"And right now that' something you should be thankful for!" Amaya growled as she looked at him. "We've been over this several times. You have just a little longer before you even know if you are a mutant. I don't want you knowing as early as your sister did, it would just mean I'm not doing my job as your mother then." She sighed.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:39 pm
"But I'm tired being the odd one out around here!" Riley whined as he dropped his backpack on his floor. "You and dad and Cali all have your cool powers while I don't! And the sooner I get 'em the sooner I can show those jerks off at school and get 'em to leave me alone!" he said before running off to his room.

Adrian sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "You know he's not gonna stop being like this until his powers come in, not that we have any control over it. We have this same talk with him on a regular basis and it always goes the same way."  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 pm
"Yeah I know how it goes." Amaya sighed as she put her head in her hands. "Riley, we're getting tired of telling you how this will go. There's no way we can make it go faster any faster and the other kids won't stop picking on you when you do get your powers." She said, really frustrated to be having the same talk again. It was like beating her head against a wall at this point

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am
"I know, but I gotta keep the jerks off my back until then somehow!" Riley called back from his room. "If they're not gonna play nice, then I don't see why I should too!"  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 pm
"I don't think he realizes how bad things have become lately." Amaya sighed with defeat as she looked at Adrian, running a hand through her hair again. "They're starting to question former owners you know...." She murmured.

Cali watched her parents with concern, though she basically let them forget she was there while she and Hazama cut up their fruit. She had seen stories on the news about owners backing up the fact that the mutates were dangerous and she wondered how long it would be until Sikes started airing her parents' dirty laundry, more her mother though...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:16 pm
"Yeah, but Sikes was....Sikes." Adrian said bitterly. "He was a heartless b*****d that no smart man would trust completely." With Riley in his room, he was free to speak uncensored about the man that caused them, and especially Amaya, so much pain. "I'm pretty sure that goes for most of the owners from back then."  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:34 pm
"It doesn't matter. We've started become public enemy number one again, Adrian." Amaya muttered. "Who is the overwhelmingly large, normal human population going to believe and trust? Us or the other normal humans?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm
"I know, but I thought we were making progress?" Adrian sighed as he plopped onto the couch. "It's been over ten years, why is everyone making such a stink about it now?"  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:45 pm
"Because all of our kids are growing up now, and a lot of them feeling like starting problems because they're starting to get their powers and are letting their wild emotions get the best of them when they shouldn't." She told him.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff