Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
bf wants me to gain weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm
So as the title says, my boyfriend wants me to gain weight.
I am fairly average, 135 lbs at 5'6", but my boyfriend wants me to put on an extra 15-30 pounds. I'm pretty happy with my body as it is and really a bit more muscle would be nice.
Hes kind of a "chubby chaser" if you will, he likes thicker girls.
I'll be honest with you, I think being fat is disgusting, I have already dealt with enough being made fun of for my size when I was bigger and it has been pretty well ingrained into my head that skinny = good, fat = bad. I feel like crap when I have extra weight on me.
Anyway, this issue has been around for most of the duration of our relationship. Its a pretty strong part of him so I don't think there is much sway on that.
Would it be valid of me to break up with him or am I crazy?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 pm
You're at a good weight for your height, neither too much nor too little. I'm glad that you're at a healthy weight and not trying to lose more. I do take some issue at your calling fat "disgusting", but that's part of your issues so I'll ignore it.

What's important here is what's going on between you and him. You've said "no" enough times, IMHO.

If he can't accept you as you are, I think it's time to move on. Let him find a chubby girl if he wants one that badly, and you'll be free to find someone who appreciates you.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Lady Silly Goose

Beloved Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm
I agree with La Belle.

You are comfortable with what you are now. Its not about what he feels you should be--its about how you feel. In a relationship, your significant other should bring out the best in you and bring out the best in him. You both should be happy. And if he isn't happy with the way you are now and the way you want to be--not the way he wants you to be, then the relationship can't evolve into something bigger.

No one can tell you what to do because the decision is ultimately yours, but I would strongly suggest parting ways with him and finding someone who can appreciate you for you--and not try to change you because its not exactly what they go for.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games