Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:14 pm
Hey guys.
The last time I've said something on this guild, let alone Gaia, was probably around November of 2012. I hate to come back so rudely, but hence the title, I feel so lost and confused, and I just want to know what to do.
I am warning you guys, this will be very, very long, and I will be the most grateful if you can spare a few minutes to help me out.

The reason I stopped going on Gaia for so long was because of issues outside, irl. Throughout the 3-4 years I've had a Gaia account, I've been on hiatus multiple times because of school. I am a heavy procrastinator, and you just can't get me to do anything. I know I'm a hard worker and I put my effort into all I do, but it's just that there are times where I feel so lazy and tired that I will lay on my bed and do nothing for a couple of hours before getting up and actually doing something. I am falling behind in school and it is stressing me out terribly. I am managing to pass my tests in school, but it has given me many dark circles under my eyes and everything and blahblahblah.

At home, I feel completely alone. My older siblings (all 4 of them) have gone to either university/college or are in another state raising a family, leaving me home alone with my parents and my toddler brother. (I do not care to reveal the anyone's age in this) It hasn't been working out the best. My parents are very strict, and they only want the best from me (but of course, all parents do). And they are so greatly disappointed when I get barely get an 80 on a test. I feel so terrible, but I don't know what to do. I know I am upsetting them and making them unhappy, but there are times when they put me down with their comments, though they are oblivious of the things it is doing to me. I have told them before that it hurts my feelings, but I don't know if that helps because my mother is emotionally unstable and my father is always very stressed from work, so he is often grumpy.

And the thing that has gotten me the most, is a recent break-up. A month ago, I broke up with the only boyfriend I have ever had, and it has affected me significantly. I broke up with him mainly because he has just been an ignorant jerk to me, and doesn't listen to me when I tell him about how I feel. I am trying to move on, but I see him at school and it only makes me feel worse. I miss him terribly, and I can't just let go all of the wonderful memories we had. I thought about giving him another chance, but we have actually been in an on-again-off-again relationship for so long, I know that there is no point in trying to try again.

So all in all, my life has been so confusing and stressful, how can I manage it?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 pm
I know all of this is going to be easier said than done but to cure what you're going through is to think of the good in life, waking up and being able to see the sun?

Even if you feel like you're not enough for your parents grade-wise, you just have to think if you're trying your hardest and it sounds like you are. You have to do what makes you happy, you have to try.

The boyfriend thing, It's school, there's not really a point in dating even though our hormones take control and we fall in "love". But as you said, he wasn't so good to you. At this point, you just need to manage it by doing what makes you happy.  

Constant Munchies

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm
hello!! I understand a bit of what you're going through, especially with the procrastination "lay on my bed for a couple hours doing nothing" bit, and also the parents putting you down thing.
Getting my grade reports throughout school was tough. My dad would always yell at me that my grades weren't good enough, even if I was getting A's (I mostly got B's, but I still got much better marks than my older brother).

I don't know if I have the best advice ever for you, but I say to try and live in the moment.
Don't worry about things that are in the past, you can't change them, you can only learn from them and make yourself better.
And don't worry about the future too much either. It's good to make plans, but don't let yourself get stressed.

I try to take one day at a time, and not to bottle up my emotions.
I don't like to feel like I am bugging people, so if I need to talk about something that's bothering me/stressing me/bringing me down I write about it.
I keep both a personal journal at home and one here in the guild.

I hope I could help a bit <3

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff