Submit

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm
So I have a question, am I the only one who comes up with backstories/personalities/relationships for my pokemon?

For example I'm playing a monotype challenge, ground if you're wondering.

So I have Tsunami, my marshtomp who was my starter, he's best friends/it's complicated with Grim my nidoking. Tsunami isn't really much of a team leader but he's pretty sociable and is capable of getting grumpy ol' Grim to talk about his feelings.

Then there's Batgirl, a gligar, who was my first girl of the group and she's very protective of all of her teammates. She has always protected the new-comers and was the source of a few crushes until Taz, the geodude now graveler, earned her love. Batgirl doesn't always see eye-to-eye with Dragonfly and Grim doesn't like that she's always trying to be group leader but she's a good team mate.

Then there's Vesuvius the numel turned camerupt, who had a crush on Batgirl for a while until Dragonfly, trapinch turned vibrava, came onto the scene. He thought she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. She didn't believe him but she did eventually begin to feel for him as well. When she finally evolved into a vibrava she declared that she was now worthy for her Vesuvius, to which he replied she was always worthy of him and that he always loved her.

Please tell me I'm not weird! I mean, come on it's just to fun to make up relationships.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:00 pm
I see no problem with it.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm
No, you're not weird for doing so. It's a lot of fun! mrgreen Most people at least nickname their Pokemon, so it's easy to get attached to them and make stuff up in your mind about them.

I can say this because a Pokemon fanfic project of mine is almost half a million words now. Relatively speaking, you're a fairly normal player.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:57 pm
I give them nicknames. Sometimes I'll use an OC trainer and pretend I'm going through her journey, but she never uses her team's Pokemon. I still play what I want to play and don't try to recreate her story team.

Play the game how you want. You're only weird if you think you are.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:13 pm
yum_tea I've never made up backstories for my Pokemon, but I have made up OCs for the Pokemon universe and played them in RPs. I used to play a Team Rocket operative in one RP that I really loved, years ago, I think when Silver was originally released for the GBC?

Still, it sounds like a fun practice. I think Pokemon are supposed to be smarter than regular animals, so I can imagine them having complex stories and relationships of their own.  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games