Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm
And I am pleased.83  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 am
I has to read three books for school over the summer and annotate them... all of them are like over 500 pages  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:49 pm
I went to a library further away than my usual one to get some books by John Bellairs...
Some asshat had checked out all 7+ books the library had by him.
Hell hath no fury like a book addict cheated out of her drug of choice. B[
But I did get a couple books on Jack the Ripper, plus an encyclopedia of kidnappings. 8D
I'm currently devouring the shorter of my two books on Jack the Ripper.
I'm about a fifth through it.
It's amazing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge

I wanna make sure you don't miss this. >>;
What books do you have to read~? emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:52 pm
Queen Spazzy
I went to a library further away than my usual one to get some books by John Bellairs...
But I did get a couple books on Jack the Ripper, plus an encyclopedia of kidnappings. 8D
It's amazing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge

I'm sorry, but "asshat", I NEED to remember that! emotion_awesome
And I KNOW! Us book addicts are overly defensive over our babies!
I like the direction of the book you're reading girl wink
And I'm reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Ihavenoclue, and Kaffir Boy by ialsohavenoclue.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:26 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
It's amazing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge

And I'm reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Ihavenoclue, and Kaffir Boy by ialsohavenoclue.

Glad I can inspire creative curses in someone else's life. >w>
My mum thought I was a psychopath when I came out to the car with books on serial murder and kidnapping.
There was also a girl and child at the office I went to for an appointment today that didn't seem to want to be left in the same room with me after I pulled out my book. I considered this a victory in my life. xD
My goal for the summer is to obtain looots of knowledge on real crimes. I'm off to a good start, methinks.
Dickens is a good read, though I don't know much on that particular book.
Kaffir Boy (autobiography by Mark Mathabane) sounds interesting, and I might have to check it out~
But the Eats, Shoots, and Leaves (by Lynn Trusse) seems like doofy required reading material, to me...
I looked them up. Hehe. ^^;
Lemme know how it all goes~ emotion_yatta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
It's amazing.

Darkness Dragons Revenge

My mum thought I was a psychopath when I came out to the car with books on serial murder and kidnapping.
There was also a girl and child at the office I went to for an appointment today that didn't seem to want to be left in the same room with me after I pulled out my book. I considered this a victory in my life. xD
My goal for the summer is to obtain looots of knowledge on real crimes. I'm off to a good start, methinks.
Kaffir Boy (autobiography by Mark Mathabane) sounds interesting, and I might have to check it out~
But the Eats, Shoots, and Leaves (by Lynn Trusse) seems like doofy required reading material, to me...

Yah the Eats, Shoots, and Leaves is for SAT prep. I'm a Junior in high school and, well, I'm preping for the SAT's. I'm wondering if I should ask my parents to hire someone for SAT prep. I won't need someone for English (I've always had A's and I love English.) Math, Geometry might be an issue, but Algebra, I love it. History, remembering would be an issue  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Yah the Eats, Shoots, and Leaves is for SAT prep. I'm a Junior in high school and, well, I'm preping for the SAT's. I'm wondering if I should ask my parents to hire someone for SAT prep. I won't need someone for English (I've always had A's and I love English.) Math, Geometry might be an issue, but Algebra, I love it. History, remembering would be an issue

I never took the SAT. o3o
I live in Ohio, and all the colleges around here would rather have ACT scores.
So I took it once with writing, got a phenomenal score, and decided to hell with trying it again and ******** taking any other stupid test. >>;
(Almost got kicked out, though. Made the terribly stupid mistake of wearing metal bangles that day... I'm such a rebel.)
If you ever have a math question, I'll be here~
I lovelovelove math. I took a multidimensional calculus course because I could and all the engineering kids in that class haaaated me because I aced all the tests and I was an arts major. >>;
I can't help ya with history, though...
I can remember lots of things, but dates and names aren't included, and I don't understand American government at all, so I'm pretty useless for stuff like that, but I'm always happy to help out if I have an answer~ emotion_yatta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 am
~quietly watches the book talk between intelligent people~  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:31 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

So I took it once with writing, got a phenomenal score, and decided to hell with trying it again and ******** taking any other stupid test. >>;
(Almost got kicked out, though. Made the terribly stupid mistake of wearing metal bangles that day... I'm such a rebel.)
I lovelovelove math. I took a multidimensional calculus course because I could and all the engineering kids in that class haaaated me because I aced all the tests and I was an arts major. >>;
I can remember lots of things, but dates and names aren't included, and I don't understand American government at all, so I'm pretty useless for stuff like that, but I'm always happy to help out if I have an answer~ emotion_yatta

...crap there is calculus on the SAT?!!? emotion_0A0
Trigonometry, Stoichiometry, that's simple stuff. The thing is, I'm not taking calculus in high school (or college if I can get away with it) because there is no use for it in life.
I'm pretty good in History, but I remember stuff that is, apparently, unimportant like Native American history and culture and traditions, Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses, stuff like that.
luckily, I'm getting better at remembering History stuff, but if I have to Remember anything about Gettysburg I'm going to throw up. emotion_puke
(I had to do a project for 8th grade in which we taught the class about a Civil War battle and this one kid in my group was an asshat. ( emotion_awesome )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

Trigonometry, Stoichiometry, that's simple stuff. The thing is, I'm not taking calculus in high school (or college if I can get away with it) because there is no use for it in life.
I'm pretty good in History, but I remember stuff that is, apparently, unimportant like Native American history and culture and traditions, Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses, stuff like that.
luckily, I'm getting better at remembering History stuff, but if I have to Remember anything about Gettysburg I'm going to throw up. emotion_puke
(I had to do a project for 8th grade in which we taught the class about a Civil War battle and this one kid in my group was an asshat. ( emotion_awesome )

If you're not required to take the course in high school, it shouldn't be on the SAT.
But I can't tell you.
Never took it.
ACT is wicked easy, though, and if your higher education center of choice accepts it, I'd definitely recommend taking it instead. >3>

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 pm
Yuki_Windira

I KNOW. THESE PEOPLE INSPIRE ME

BRANDYYY.....MORGANN.... *goes to cute small boy voice* you inspire me  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:48 am
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy

If you're not required to take the course in high school, it shouldn't be on the SAT.
But I can't tell you.
Never took it.
ACT is wicked easy, though, and if your higher education center of choice accepts it, I'd definitely recommend taking it instead. >3>

Lol so I will survive in this world if I don't take Calculus, unlike everyone says.
I'll probably take the ACT and I will take the PSAT.  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:54 am
Blind Blindness
Yuki_Windira

Danny, you make me laugh cat_xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Blind Blindness
Yuki_Windira

Danny, you make me laugh cat_xd

Aww, I'm glad I made you laugh xd

How old are you...16? Did you finish your sophomore year? Junior year? In all honestly, taking Calculus is dependent on what you're majoring in. I took the SAT, and I...I don't think there was calculus on it, though perhaps Precal. If there was, it was a small part. I do remember there being Algebra and Geometry, which you've already had. Also, as Brandy said, you can take the ACT. Many colleges accept either or, and people say it's easier. Of course, check your prospective college websites to attain admission requirements. Here's the GOOD thing, though. You're very young, and that means your brain is still developing, including your frontal lobe. So you do have time to see a natural improvement in your math skills, and you may feel differently in a few years than you do now.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
But I can't tell you.
Never took it.

Lol so I will survive in this world if I don't take Calculus, unlike everyone says.
I'll probably take the ACT and I will take the PSAT.

Depending on what you wanna get a degree in, you might take Calc eventually, but a lot of people don't.
I mean, especially if you're getting an art degree or English degree.
Unless it's, like, engineering or something mathematics heavy, you'll probably only be required to take a prob and stats course.
Just make sure to check admissions requirements wherever you wanna go, but a lot of state universities and community colleges and such will take ACT scores; many of them, in fact, don't even care about your scores anymore as long as you take one of the tests and have the scores sent off to prove you DID take the test.
The university I went to, for example, only used my scores to determine the scholarships I could get.

Blind Blindness

Glad I can amuse and inspire you~ cat_razz
You got any books you're into right now, monsieur Danny~? cat_wink

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out