Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] The Peddler and His Wares (Mjoll x Bastion) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Mjoll had been collecting some new ores for crafting, and while she was trying to make it more of a social thing, including students or other ponies. It was hard for some pony that was use to doing things herself. Not that there was anything wrong with having a little company, it was just difficult to get us to because others often weren't quite prepared for her methods or such trips.

Mjoll was carrying a basket, the bottom barely full under her arm. Her hair was neatly wrapped and had been placed on her head as so to keep it out of her way and clean. A handkerchief was wrapped around her head just so and sunglasses were donned to protect her eyes -- she might have been shopping in the human's retro section. There were some things that she appreciated Medea letting them in on.... some not all mind you.

The horsewoman was returning from a trip that was perhaps not all that successful looking a little disappointed when she stumbled upon an unusual site. At least unusual for her, Bastion! Well... she thought it was Bastion as she side stepped the horseman with his arms full. "Do you need some help?" She asked curiously.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 am

"What will it take?" Bastion was holding the parcels high, obscuring most of him, as he tilted his head uncomfortably to the side and haggled with the stall owner. "The necklace is worth twice what I'm asking for. But still. Still! I offer to give you the earrings - because I like you, Muhammad, I like you, and you have always given me a good trade. So why are you trying to throw away everything we've built up together just because you think your diamonds are worth more than you know I know they are!"

When he haggled, Bastion was a completely different person. His eyes flared, his face flushed with vigor, and even while holding that many parcels, he looked like he was ready to throw down.

But the stall owner did not relent. "Ten diamonds, take it or leave it."

"Then I shall leave it!" Bastion wobbled as he tried to hold his parcels with one hand, while simultaneously trying to wrap up the earrings and necklace that laid on an open parcel in front of them. He wobbled, and grabbed the ones in his arms quickly enough to keep it from falling, just in time to hear Mjoll's voice cut through the noisy crowd of the bazaar and capture his attention, as it always had the power to do.

"M-Mjoll!" His words tripped out, barely managing to keep his hands from dropping all of his parcels at once. The stall owner smelled his sudden weakness like blood in the water, and snorted. Bastion turned to glare at him, and held out the parcels in his hands. "Yes, Mjoll, I do require some help. Could you hold these for just a moment, while I conclude my business with this thief once and for all!"

"Bastion, please-"

"NEVER will I set foot in front of your stall again!"

He seemed serious. The stall owner was waffling.

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:50 am

Mjoll nodded, "Of course Bastion," She said having finally gotten his name right when it mattered, She took most of the packages though she peered over at what he'd been haggling with.

"What were you offered and what were you asking?" She asked curiously as she eyed Muhammad. Pulling her sunglasses down with one hand, to peer over them at the stall owner. Her backwings twitched, it sounded like at least from the part of the conversation she'd heard the stall owner was trying to rip off Bastion. It was one of those things Mjoll didn't like it didn't matter who the person was.

The death crafter might've spent way too much time in the past with her own wares but there came some perks to doing so. She was already forming an idea in her silly little head.

Nio Love
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Once Mjoll took the parcels in his hand, he quickly worked to get back to wrapping his wares up. He was stopped by the stall owner, who put both of his hands on Bastion's wrists. The horseman growled, bending to be face to face with the man.

"Don't test me, Muhammad, when it comes to my wares-"

"Fifty diamonds."

Bastion's entire expression changed. He backed away and let the parcel unravel once more, smiling with a gentle and pleased expression. "I'm glad you've finally seen things my way, Muhammad. It's always wonderful doing business with you, as usual." He turned back to Mjoll, leaning in to take the parcels. As he did so, he bent in, whispering into her ear.

"He does this every time. Don't fret. We're old friends."

He made the mistake of breathing in, and the scent of her made him pause, intoxicated. Creepy as it was, he pulled back before she noticed, and his face looked stern as he tried to stay focused. For a moment there, he'd actually forgotten this was Mjoll. For one sweet, calm moment, she was actually just a normal, nice person.

And then it all came crumbling down.

Muhammad returned with a new parcel, jingly and bulging with diamonds. He placed it on top of Bastion's already overburdened load. "There. Now get away from me before others hear of my charity for your pathetic soul."

Bastion grinned goofily and nodded his head. "And a good day to you as well, friend!"

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Mjoll's brow lofted as she watched the two deal, while she juggled Bastion's wares her eyes narrowed a little, "You sure they're only worth fifty?" She was looking a little concerned at Bastion, "I think you maybe selling yourself short even at that."

She hadn't gotten a well enough look at what Bastion was peddling but she snorted when Muhammad said Charity, "Charity my wings, you got a good deal and you know it." She gave the stall keeper her best 'you should be ashamed of yourself' look. "He'll probably ask triple of what he paid you, it's a crime, really. Shafted for all that hard work, I can't bear the thought of it." Bastion might've been friends with Muhammad but Mjoll didn't trust a merchant as far as she could throw him, "I prefer to sale directly and cut out the middle pony, I can get my own precious stones."

Though she shrugged, "But if you're happy with that, I suppose I shouldn't put my two cents in." After Bastion had taken his wares back though she was searching the pile to see if she could tell what was there. "So is all this stuff you made?" The emphasis on the word you, was merely her curiosity in the matter, something that well; wasn't satisfied until answered and if Bastion had really just sold that piece for fifty diamonds then well he didn't know the value of his own work.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:39 pm

Mjoll's reaction had Bastion's insecurities shoved to the back of his thoughts, and he gave her a smug, secret smile. "Of course it's worth more than fifty, Muhammad knows it's worth far more than fifty, but I like the man, I will continue to give him great deals if he does not attempt to lowball me when I come to him with them."

He said this loudly, as he walked away with Mjoll, leading her out of the bazaar. But once they were out of earshot, he let out a very quiet giggle.

"That was quite a good show, I'd say. It's no wonder you're good at that, you've probably been dealing with men like him for ages. I don't know if I would have even gotten fifty out of the man if you hadn't come along." One side of his lips turned up in a ragged grin. "Thanks."

But he heard the emphasis, and of course, took it the wrong way. "Yes, I've made all of these. I'm aware they pale in comparison to your work. But I get by." He was, in fact, in love with the things he made.. but he felt that he was the only one.

He stopped at an empty bazaar table, and put down his parcels for a moment. "Look through them if you want. I don't think I'll be able to sell anything else today."

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Mjoll blinked, ". . . still though, I don't like seeing anyone ripped off. I understand double the profit but triple is much too much for them." She shook her head as she followed Bastion.

There was an owlish stare at Bastion when he said he might not have gotten fifty if she hadn't come along. "We're going to have to teach you to negotiate your prices better if he gives you less than that. I mean you might as well be getting paid peanuts." There was a small pout, this was nothing to thank her for; "But you're welcome."

She paused, "Pale? I don't think they do Bastion, I just didn't realize you crafted so finely. I've never seen your work." She added, as he stopped at an Empty Bazaar table and placed her basket on it, the horsewoman then sat on the table pulling her legs up folded neatly and turned so that she was facing the back of the stall and slid off the table rather daintily; so that she was on the 'keepers' side. She started going through his wares and arranging them as she inspected each one "Lets see here...."

She paused, "Hey Bastion, come over to this side." She patted the table as she sorted the items and stopped to inspect each one, "So you can better explain to me what each of these are and what they mean to you." Mjoll may or may not have been up to something. It seemed she'd caught a few wandering spectator's eye when she hopped to the other side of the table.

Nio Love
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:02 am

"Ripped off." He chuckled. "Mjoll, I don't mind being paid peanuts. If he pays me enough to support my practice, I am fulfilled. To be honest, I give so much of my craft away. Friends, family, what have you. I don't create to profit. I create to create. I've never needed appreciation for anything I do, my entire life." Though he would never admit it, the truth was that he'd never received appreciation, or even trust. So he knew how to live without it quite well.

Unfortunately, when she started to compliment his work, his easygoing attitude melted away, and he started to fidget nervously, his face darkening in a thick blush. He stared down at the ground, and his brows knitted in dismay. "Mjoll, please." He whispered, under his breath, after he'd taken the seat she asked him to take. "Don't say such things."

He picked up a parcel, unraveling a necklace that had no chain. Rubies were strung with tiny gold filaments, that were then fused to each other. They tinkled as they clanged against one another, and refused to retain the typical hanging shape as each ruby moved and twirled in its own rhythm and movement.

"Careful with this one. It's quite delicate, and completely impractical. It will never sell, but sometimes I just like to make something to see if I can. A necklace without a chain sounded like a fun idea in the beginning. Now it's simply expensive decoration." He laughed, and picked it up, dropping it on her head. "Though it might make a fancy headpiece, if worn right!"

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Mjoll blinked, "Yes but you could craft a lot more, giving away to family and friends is one thing; and making things to sell to others is another." She added as she watched him blush.

She looked at him, "I'll say such things if I want because they're true." The blonde crafter said as she watched him unraveling one parcel and inspecting the necklace that he held out, that had no chain. "It's quite lovely, have you ever made sun catchers or wind chimes?" She asked as he placed it on her head. She stayed rather still as he did.

Pulling from her basket a hand mirror and looked at it. "It does make a lovely headpiece. It's great colors for someone of war or for a fancy party like prom. I think someone would love to buy it." Her blue eyes followed someone that was looking at the new decoration on her head.

She smiled watching, waiting to see if he'd come back. She nudged Bastion lightly, and whispered, "See how he's looking at the piece you just put on my head? Lets see if he comes back."

Picking up another package daintily Mjoll unraveled another one, "Lets see what this beauty is?" She kind of wished she'd brought some of her things from her shop to display his wears.

Nio Love
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Because they're true.

Bastion's insecurities quaked under the force of Mjoll's stubbornness.

While he let her look through the rest of his wares, he slowly took the ruby filigree off of Mjoll's head, and wrapped it back up. His expression looked tense, as if a tight wound string held everything inside of him, ready to snap.

"Is this how it's going to be now, Mjoll?" He whispered with a strained voice. "Are you going to ignore the other night? As if it never happened?" He leaned in, his eyes narrowing. "Is it really that easy?"

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Mjoll sat there as she looked at Bastion, "No, of course not it hasn't been forgotten." She answered, her hands placed on the table folded. "You also told me I needed more friends and get out more."

Her blue eyes were watching him as she moved her bangs a bit, "You seem conflicted on which I should do, make friends or worry about the fact you admitted you... used? To love me. It seemed the other day as if you had already moved on."

She paused, "Should I be fighting for something that I'm not aware of?" Her back wings twitched as she shifted and inspected another of Bastion's things. "If I should... shouldn't we start off as friends anyways?" Her head tilted a bit.

Someone passed as she held up a nice necklace inspecting it before catching his gaze, "How would you like a necklace for your sweet heart sir?" She was looking at the gem set and how it was cut, "This is a beautiful sapphire with the most unusual cut, you'll never get anything like this at a store!" There was a smile as she ran her hand under the necklace. She had the Gent fascinated, "It's crafted by nothing less than one of the lost clan's finest Jewel crafter. Would you give me...." She paused as she looked at gem, "Would you be willing to pay 100 silver seeds?" She looked carefully at the man.

"Oh..." He watched as the necklace swayed a little in Mjoll's hand. He pulled out his wallet and started searching, "Uh... I only have 75?" He said looking a little disappointed. Which left Mjoll to glance at Bastion in a what do you think manner.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 am

What.

What was even.

Happening.

What.

The string of words that had just come out of Mjoll's mouth were like violent punches to every part of Bastion's body and soul. He couldn't comprehend was he was hearing.. and then she tried to sell some of his wares, as if she hadn't just left him questioning everything about his entire life in a handful of words. Why were they even.. what did he care how much the man spent on his jewelry?! He would have given the damn thing away at this point, from being so caught up in his thoughts.

75 seeds. He wouldn't have dared ask for more. Mjoll was a good saleswoman, but he couldn't even focus on that. The things she'd just said-

He waved his hand in dismissal as if brusquely accepting the offer, and wanting, more than anything in the world, for the man to leave so he could say something.

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Mjoll smiled as she wrapped the gift back up and smiled at the man, "75 silver seeds is fine. Thank you I hope your special some pony enjoys this very much."

She took the small bag in exchange did a quick weight test of it and nodded before plopping the little bag in front of bastion. "Now you can buy yourself something from town. The Ice scream is good."

The man walked away happy and Mjoll folded her hands and sat her chin on them looking at Bastion attentive. "I'm sorry, I can't help myself sometimes; I shouldn't've stopped him to sale that so you could've spoke. I just... thought you might would enjoy being able to treat yourself for doing all this hard work since you seem to barter for Diamonds a lot with your friend, I don't know if you make any actual spending money for here. I hope you didn't mind...." She moved a stray strand of hair while waiting for what Bastion had to say though as she spoke she seemed concerned on the note of not knowing if he made spending money.

Nio Love
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Bastion stared at the bag for a moment, before his hand reached out, and picked it up. He wanted to feel the weight of that many silver seeds.. just for a moment.

Then he set it down and pushed the bag over to her. "Why would you say something like that?" He didn't care about the money, or even the sale. He wasn't even reacting to anything she said about it. "Why would you ask me - ask me if I was over it. Why would you ask me if there was something you should be fighting for. Do you honestly not realize how cruel that is?"

Was he crying? No, no he wasn't. But his eyes sure stung like they wanted to. "Nothing is worth fighting for if you have to ask that question, Mjoll. If you ever wanted to fight for me, if you ever actually cared, there wouldn't be a question. That is your answer."

He wanted to leave. He wanted to leave everything he'd brought, and just walk away. But he'd walked away from this once already - he was sick of it. He could tell how different they were, by the way they handled this situation. He, the passionate, reckless, stupid one. She, the conservative, reserved one.

He was starting to think he'd been right to always love her from a distance. Close up, it felt like they would have torn each other apart.

LP

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Mjoll watched him as he answered before sighed and slowly shaking her head. "I don't quite understand I'm afraid..." She watched him push the bag back towards her, as she looked at it.

"The world is so much more complex...." Her fingers trailed over some of his crafting, "I've always understood my craft and how to pull people into the buy." She pulled another of his crafts from it's hidden folds. "I see how much love is put into art, and the care taken. It's how I understand the world, through it's jewels."

She looked at him, "Horsemen, These students, Halloween town's ghouls... anything not to do with my craft... even after all these years, how they function how friends should act. It's.... just so odd and.... and complex, you'd think I would know this stuff like the back of my hand, or my wing just by how I pitch a sale, but... they're so hard to read sometimes.... Ponies don't speak to me like Jewels do, they expect me to figure it out..." She bit at her lower lip. "I always got that wrong even when I was little I never seemed to say things that were right... it's why.... I don't know if you're looking for me to do something, or if you've moved on.... because you say one thing... and..." She trailed off as she placed the piece back, "and... it seems like you mean something different... I'm not sure what to do about it. I mean if you have a special some pony I don't want to butt into something and try to be that someone; it'd be.... unfair to both of you if you have somepony... worth your while."

The death crafter as she spoke sorted through his wares placing each wrapped individual in groups, as if it was a nervous habit but she'd still look back at him as she spoke, before stopping on one of his wares and looking at it longer than the rest of the one's she'd picked up. "There's beauty every where, but sometimes it's scary to try to understand others and then come out wrong and hurt their feelings. When you don't know that you're doing it... it's probably the scariest thing of all."

Nio Love
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces