Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
READ VERY SERIOUS! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xI Himura Kenshin Ix

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:46 pm
So I was in the forum and saw this topic I read the first page and this pisses me The ******** off read the whole first page this was on gaia! x  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:15 pm
Oh yeah, I saw this thread a couple weeks ago. I thought it's potentially insightful; though, it does have that annoying bigot. But then again, it's just one person. I did find it interesting that he said that homosexuality is derived from fear of a committed heterosexual relationship. To be honest, no one would initially choose to be homosexual as they are looked down upon in society-in some cases. Furthermore, it's about self-expression; it's not that it isn't a choice, but it's the choice to accept and be a part of who we are. My point is that those who identify as homosexual have no reason to fear this (not to mention, it's not what they desire), the only ones that may have something to fear are the ones still in the closet. And you know, he might just be one of them.  

Meliodis

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 pm
Pretty sure the title of this thread is a teensy bit overblown.

"VERY SERIOUS?" Really? sweatdrop

Honestly, chill out. If you get this worked up every time you encounter a particularly vile internet troll or bigot, you're going to fret yourself into an early grave. It's not worth the effort of getting angry, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 pm
I actually enjoy reading stuff like this. As an LGBTQ+ activist, I think it is important to understand why people disagree with everything I am fighting for. I also love the fact that I rarely ever see a good reason for someone to be against the community. Most of the people who disagree are naive, uneducated, or brainwashed.  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Pandasarenotracist

Super Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:10 pm
Its because..a lot of people (including me) think its wrong, immoral and pathetic..relationships is like a 60/40 thing (you can't make a 100 with adding two 60s nor two 40s)

just think about it: out of billion's of billions of people opposite of their respective anatomical gender...they choose to love someone with the same parts as they have...that alone makes them pathetic...(what?...being best friends forever with the person are not enough for them?)....

IMO....i believe These LGBT fools have no idea what they're missing, or they have fears on people opposite their anatomical genders...

It Make me question them: What are they afraid of in a straight relationship?...
Are they afraid of making commitment's on the opposite gender?
Are they afraid of making and raising a child made from each other's flesh and blood?
Or Are they Afraid of getting their feelings crushed into pieces when relationships had gone sour?

This is one of the replies. I hate to say this but this is a closed minded person that makes me (personally) feel like who i love is wrong. If this person knew why i like girls (besides biological reasons) they will understand. But they don't  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:13 pm
No two people share the exact same opinion.

And you can't condemn someone just because their ideals don't align with your own.

People can think homosexuality is wrong, disgusting, immoral, unnatural (etc), and they're perfectly entitled to think that way.

You have to accept it for what it is.

If you can, educate them. Don't try to change their minds but help make them understand. If they don't wish to listen then so be it; move on.

Such is life.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:53 pm
Eh, just another bigoted, ignorant, hypocritical, homophobic, apathetic fool.

Or a troll. 50/50 chance.

Regardless, he has a right to say what he's saying. I love the first amendment, even if it allows d-bags like this to talk. He seems to be a mild example of the Donning-Kruger effect: he's so incompetent at arguing and making sense of his own faulty points that he doesn't even realize it--to the point where he thinks he's actually doing a better job compared to everyone else. It's not that he's miserably failing; it's everyone else that's miserably failing to understand his points. That's his logic.

I wouldn't even bother.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 pm
Can't he be reported for his hateful, dumbass opinions? stressed
I mean, he's not being nice, and I thought Gaia had a no tolerance policy for that kind of s**t.  

xXx-DarkVain-xXx

Distinct Vampire

16,000 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Full closet 200

Stray Pigs

Omnipresent Spirit

11,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:22 am
Wow, that giant piece of bacon seems to have some seriously blatant repression issues going on.
My guess is they're just trolling though.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:02 pm
And now, to help cut the tension and hopefully inspire laughter so intense that you loose your grip on sanity so that I can track you down and be completely safe while robbing your house because that sandwich carrying your chair is impossible and you should probably lie down for a bit in that spot where you could swear there had been a bed earlier...the fish slapping dance.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:04 pm
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
I mean, he's not being nice, and I thought Gaia had a no tolerance policy for that kind of s**t.
It does. Back in my days as a homophobic a*****e I was banned a least twice for that sort of thing (I only wish I could take it back).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:22 pm
xXx-DarkVain-xXx

I don't think it works that way if you built a thread that is made to get others' opinions....You're kind of opening the door on that one, and he's just giving his honest opinion.

But, who cares? Love is love. And, for all of those sexually active people, sex is sex. It's all the same as far as I'm concerned.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

xXx-DarkVain-xXx

Distinct Vampire

16,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
It does. Back in my days as a homophobic a*****e I was banned a least twice for that sort of thing (I only wish I could take it back).

So you're saying you're not that way anymore? and you now support equality?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 pm
Jewel of Antares

I don't think it works that way if you built a thread that is made to get others' opinions....You're kind of opening the door on that one, and he's just giving his honest opinion.

But, who cares? Love is love. And, for all of those sexually active people, sex is sex. It's all the same as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think the thread was made to get opinions. I would say it was made to get answers. I mean, asking "Why does it have to be way?" is NOT the same as asking "How do you feel about homosexuality?"

And even so, there is a little piece of advice I'm sure everybody has heard called "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all" ....and even though he tried to give his "reason", it turned into giving onions.... and the fact he was too blind to see that some people just AREN'T attracted to the opposite gender, and he just couldn't accept that. >.>

And there's always the option of him walking away from the conversation- which seems to have happened so far. rolleyes  

xXx-DarkVain-xXx

Distinct Vampire

16,000 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Full closet 200

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:19 pm
xXx-DarkVain-xXx
Generic Infantry
xXx-DarkVain-xXx

So you're saying you're not that way anymore? and you now support equality?
That's exactly what I'm saying.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces