Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enjoy some gold
  Many thanks
View Results

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:27 pm
Here's another idea that I have... actually it's something that we do in another guild that I am in( AMG). We vote in a poll for our Spirit week theme, we dress up our avatars, and since this is a gaming guild... we can do all sorts of video game spirit weeks.

... What do you guys think about this idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 pm
Personally, I think this idea would be rather fun to do :3

Now, what I'm curious is when you say spirit week for gaming
Would it be only 1 week out of the month or every other week?

More so- Would that week of 'spirit' be based on different games every day or just one game in general with different character cosplay?

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 pm
Silent cannibal

More so- Would that week of 'spirit' be based on different games every day or just one game in general with different character cosplay?
We could basically vote if we wanna do one spirit week a month or the latter which is my personal preference( bi-weekly), and it would be just one game in general with different character cosplay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm
fairy-phoenix
Silent cannibal

We could basically vote if we wanna do one spirit week a month or the latter which is my personal preference( bi-weekly), and it would be just one game in general with different character cosplay.
Well, we can talk of this with the other captains if they would wander in = u =;
but your idea has definitely caught my interest

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:00 pm
I really like this idea. Might also help getting others more involved and comparing cosplays and such. As for the two options, I think the bi-weekly period is a solid time frame. Keeps it active as well as more stuff to do.

Plus a daily change would be interesting, such as 'Cosplay as your favorite RPG character' or the next day 'As your favorite FPS character' or 'Male Protagonist' and so on. There is plenty that could be done~  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm
English_Biscuit
I really like this idea. Might also help getting others more involved and comparing cosplays and such. As for the two options, I think the bi-weekly period is a solid time frame. Keeps it active as well as more stuff to do.

Plus a daily change would be interesting, such as 'Cosplay as your favorite RPG character' or the next day 'As your favorite FPS character' or 'Male Protagonist' and so on. There is plenty that could be done~
What is FPS by the way?  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

English_Biscuit
Crew

Shadowy Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:27 pm
fairy-phoenix

FPS = First Person Shooter  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22 pm
English_Biscuit
fairy-phoenix

FPS = First Person Shooter
Thanks for telling me biggrin  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am
Sounds pretty cool, although I'd avoid specific games unless they had a wide range of styles to choose from. Or maybe have an in-guild contest for best game cosplay avatar.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm
Ysavvryl
Sounds pretty cool, although I'd avoid specific games unless they had a wide range of styles to choose from. Or maybe have an in-guild contest for best game cosplay avatar.
That contest idea of yours sounds pretty cool emotion_brofist  

fairy-phoenix

Kawaii Shoujo

Frosty Dat Ninja

Invisible Player

7,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 pm
Yea I like that idea smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:43 pm
Is it even feasible to make a costume in two weeks?  

29ghtian6iapl1-5g9s71jgbs

Distinct Dabbler

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:38 am
Ysavvryl

The contest idea might just work out for such a thing, but the only question would be what would prizes be?

29ghtian6iapl1-5g9s71jgbs

We could give a heads up way before such thing is put into action and do a form of countdown for it so people know how much time they have to get such cosplay and what not.
Not to mention, since I also have quite a lot of gold hanging around most of the time, I won't mind sharing with the guild members if they choose to participate in such thing (if it gets to being set into motion) ^^

--- TO EVERYONE IN HERE C: ---
Now, I can see everyone is agreeing/ liking this idea which is a good thing.
I would at least like to discuss the matter fully so we can get some things straighten out- or rather more opinions before we go straight into "Lets get this started!"

You see- the time frame of getting of such thing done could be a hassle (With people having lives/no access to computer/ work/ etc)
along with the gold amount that might be needed for such. that's another added hassle.

<-->So, my own suggestion would possibly be(?) gather a list of names or so of people who would actually able to participate (in both the thing and maybe the contest that will follow along so it doesn't get hectic I suppose and we end up accidentally including someone who didn't want to even join in on such fun xD)

<--> What would the prize be for those who win 1st place? along with 2-4th place?

<--> How will we decide what game would be chosen for the week/month of spirit week.
I'd suggest maybe a voting system- unless you guys could possibly think of a different way around this?

<--> Will there be a limit to said chosen game. Or rather, a specific system/console?
My suggestion on this that every month that we choose to be a spirit week (if that's what's wanted.) We choose a game from a console that everyone can agree on. (One month/week could be a game from the 360-Another month/week could be PS systems, etc)
Er, unless you peeps would just like to randomize the whole thing and see what we get from there?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:35 am
Well I partly suggested a contest since I like to change my avi every day. smile I'd have trouble sticking to one for a week! You could do something like, entrants can post tekteks or pics of their avatar, but they have to be confirmed about wearing it at least one day. Somebody in the crew would have to keep an eye on such a thread to make the confirmation. Or just have a tektek contest for a game cosplay, with no need to limit items to what the person has. Whatever works best.

Not sure what to suggest for prizes (I just like having an excuse to make avatars, haha). Maybe just gold; another guild I'm in runs fairly regular tektek contests with just small prizes (like 5-10K gold) and they get a decent amount of entries.

I think the system or console theme would work well, since it gives a good amount of freedom to choose what character to cosplay as. A theme with a game series, like Final Fantasy, would work well too. If it's a specific game, I hope it has a lot of character styles to choose from, like Disgaea. Don't want to end up with a spirit week/contest where every avi looks about the same!  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

An Empty Bag of Skittles

Fashionable Fairy

7,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:38 am
I've got tons of items I don't use a lot, a lot of it high end. I can arrange something for prizes if needed.  
Ideas/ feedback

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff