Submit

Should I do it?
  Yes! 8D Because...
  No! >8U Because...
  I have another suggestion: . . . 8)
View Results

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Right now my hair is long enough to reach my waist. The color is a dark brown, dark enough that a lot of people just categorize my hair as black. *shrugs*

I've been thinking about cutting my hair short for a long time now, and after looking through many options I really really like this cut right here: [link]. Not the red dye, just the cut. XD Maybe I'd ask the person cutting my hair to make the hair on the sides of the face there a bit longer than in the photo, like past my chin.

I have some photos of me with a long, layered cut, and some of me trying really hard to look like a boy for cosplay and other things, because that's the closest I've ever gotten to looking at myself with a "boy cut". XD They're all kinda old, so please ignore the grossness that is me. :'D

As my female self: [Here] and [here]. My hair is straightened in those photos. Naturally my hair is quite wavy, and I've been told it's thick/I have a lot.

Trying to look like a male: [Here] is me with most of my hair inside a hat; I was holding my chin up or something to try and look more guyish. XD

[Here's] me with a wig.

I realize that I could get some "you look like a boy" comments, especially since I seem to be able to pull it off when I'm intentionally trying to look like one (XD), and I don't mind that. I figured I would have to wear more feminine clothes, wear jewelery/accessories more often (I almost never wear anything XD), maybe wear eye makeup more often and all that to avoid that sort of awkward situation whenever I'm out anywhere.

And I know I likely won't be able to have lazy hair days, and would have to style it every day, since my hair might try to curl and be crazy since it's wavy and thick all that. And I'm okay with that. I see it all as part of the package.

I guess I was hoping maybe among anyone who sees this there could be someone on here who could maybe look at face shape and all that and tell me if they think it would work. I've been told I have a square face shape, but I really don't know.
Of course I would definitely LOVE feedback from anyone else, whether they know about all those little detailed hair stuffs or not. I don't understand it too well myself. XD

Thank you so much ahead of time to anyone and everyone who may comment/PM/whatever~ >w<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:35 pm
If you want to cut you hair short, go for it. o3ob  

MonkeyGirl188

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Hmmm... I personally like short hair and I have done a few pixie hair cuts. I cut my hair for medical reason.

I would advise to keep looking but if you really want to do that hair cut than I say go for it! I honestly cant say whether or not it fits you because of the way your photo are aligned.
In at the end, if the haircut doesnt work. I say make it work even if it means putting on a beanie beret to make that hair cut look nice and such. You just need to find a way to make the hair cut. Also, don't get upset if your hair is cut wrong or anything just remember hair grows back and than you can just try again.

Good luck sweets!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm
I like that hairstyle. Since it's a kinda layered style, you probably wouldn't need to style your hair everyday, your hair might lay better. I also don't think you'd look like a boy with it. I think it would look nice ^.^  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm
MonkeyGirl188

xXNi-ChanXx

13 Mockingjay

Thanks you guys. :3

Ni-Chan, why do you recommend I should keep looking? :3 Not upset or offended or anything here, I don't easily get offended. Just wondering. XD It could certainly help to know, after all.

Yeah, I figured I'd also have to prepare for it not working out, haha. :'D Thankfully my hair grows quickly, so if that did happen it wouldn't be too terribly bad. I have a couple cute hats hiding somewhere in my closet. XD

If it did go wrong, being able to get all this hair stuff done more quickly in the morning would certainly make up for it, ahaha. I'm tired of having to take forever in the bathroom and stuff just because of my hair. It takes longer than anything else. OTL  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:20 pm
BlissfulCalamity
MonkeyGirl188

xXNi-ChanXx

13 Mockingjay

Thanks you guys. :3

Ni-Chan, why do you recommend I should keep looking? :3 Not upset or offended or anything here, I don't easily get offended. Just wondering. XD It could certainly help to know, after all.

Yeah, I figured I'd also have to prepare for it not working out, haha. :'D Thankfully my hair grows quickly, so if that did happen it wouldn't be too terribly bad. I have a couple cute hats hiding somewhere in my closet. XD

If it did go wrong, being able to get all this hair stuff done more quickly in the morning would certainly make up for it, ahaha. I'm tired of having to take forever in the bathroom and stuff just because of my hair. It takes longer than anything else. OTL

Because you might find another haircut you might like. Its always good to keep your options open when it comes to haircuts. I usually have up to ten different haircut to pick from but usually my bf or someone else has the last word because I am very indecisive at times.

I can agree with you on the shower thing. Thats probably another reason why I love short hair because its usually a quick shower but I usually always take forever in the bathroom to me no difference lol
Because of my medical reason keeps me from having long hair so yea  

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

with patroclus

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:38 pm
Hmm~ Well...
I think it depends on if you like to tie your hair up or braid it from time to time.
Because, obviously, it would be hard to do so with shorter and more layered
hair. But if you usually just wear your hair loose, I say go for it! I think the
shape of your face works totally fine with the hairstyle....although I don't know
much about face shape. ^^; It might take a while to style your hair every day,
but as long as you put aside some time, you'll be fine. Good luck! OwO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 am
I think you should go for it since it still frames your face so you have a less chance of it not fitting you, ya know?
I shaved my head a week ago and I look like a monkey now lol.  

kinetic-weapons

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am
xXNi-ChanXx

Someone asked me for a better photo with my hair out of my face, for face shape, and I was wondering if maybe it would work better for you to see it too? sweatdrop [link]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am
pup720
Hmm~ Well...
I think it depends on if you like to tie your hair up or braid it from time to time.
hair. But if you usually just wear your hair loose, I say go for it! I think the
shape of your face works totally fine with the hairstyle....although I don't know

I used to only keep it up at home, to keep it out of my face. But now I just keep it up almost all the time, and for the same reason. XD  

BlissfulCalamity

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 am
BlissfulCalamity
xXNi-ChanXx

Someone asked me for a better photo with my hair out of my face, for face shape, and I was wondering if maybe it would work better for you to see it too? sweatdrop [link]

Yea I think the haircut will look good on you.
I say go for it.
Be sure to post a picture of your hair cut after you got it done!
I would love to see how it looks biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 am
pup720
Hmm~ Well...

Yeah, I used to only tie my hair back when I was doing stuff that I needed my hair out of my face for, like most people do. But then it increased and increased and now I have it up pretty much all the time. If it can keep hair out of my business and keep the heat away in these Arizona summers, then so be it I am willing to cut my hair shorter. XD Even if I end up not cutting it as short as in the picture, I'll still go for something shorter than what I have now. :'D  

BlissfulCalamity

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 am
xXNi-ChanXx
BlissfulCalamity
xXNi-ChanXx

Yea I think the haircut will look good on you.
I say go for it.
Be sure to post a picture of your hair cut after you got it done!
I would love to see how it looks biggrin

I'm glad that helped. ^^; Thanks. Alrighty, will do. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 am
kinetic-weapons
I think you should go for it since it still frames your face so you have a less chance of it not fitting you, ya know?
I shaved my head a week ago and I look like a monkey now lol.

Yeah, I've thought about asking for that cut, but past the chin in the front, so I can also add some face-framing layers myself once I get home. XD That and trimming my fringe seem to be the only things I can cut, but I am okay with that. I'm happy to leave the big stuff to people who actually know what they're doing. :'D

Oh my, I don't know if I would be brave enough to shave my head. o.o I bet you look nice though. 3nodding  

BlissfulCalamity

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 am
13 Mockingjay
I like that hairstyle. Since it's a kinda layered style, you probably wouldn't need to style your hair everyday, your hair might lay better. I also don't think you'd look like a boy with it. I think it would look nice ^.^

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I liked it, the layers. owo From the little experience I have, I do know that my hair does like having layers in it. Requires more styling, but it looks better. *shrugs* I'm willing to make that exchange. XD  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff