Two sidewalls that merge into one at the bottom
Two tongues
Three laces
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:32 pm
WITH A BOW, TIE THEM WITH A BOW.
[/jackass captain obvious statement]
I couldn't help it. >>;
Where did you get them, though, and how much were they?
Maybe once the life runs out on my current pair I'll have to hunt some down like them, they're super cool~ cat_whee

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:10 pm
o,o' You try youtube?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 am
Queen Spazzy
I couldn't help it. >>;
Maybe once the life runs out on my current pair I'll have to hunt some down like them, they're super cool~ cat_whee

...what could do without you Brandy?
I got them at Famous Footware. They were something like $54 though. Totally worth it. This make my... 1...2...black, blue, new pair... 6th pair of Converse?  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:06 am
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
I couldn't help it. >>;

I got them at Famous Footware. They were something like $54 though. Totally worth it. This make my... 1...2...black, blue, new pair... 6th pair of Converse?

Eek, never mind that idea...
We don't have one of those around here, and I could never afford to pay so much for a pair of shoes.
I can barely afford converse 50% off, so I suppose I'll just keep wearing my classic black pair and my combat boots to death.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
I couldn't help it. >>;

We don't have one of those around here, and I could never afford to pay so much for a pair of shoes.
I can barely afford converse 50% off, so I suppose I'll just keep wearing my classic black pair and my combat boots to death.

OH TRY OVERSTOCK it's o.co now.
THEY HAVE AWESOME CONVERSE FOR like $35! There was this one pair I wanted but I need to get a job first ;__;  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:34 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
I couldn't help it. >>;

THEY HAVE AWESOME CONVERSE FOR like $35! There was this one pair I wanted but I need to get a job first ;__;

I don't do online shopping. >>;
Besides, my black pair are still in good shape, so my mum would never be okay with it. ^^;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:23 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
I couldn't help it. >>;

I don't do online shopping. >>;
Besides, my black pair are still in good shape, so my mum would never be okay with it. ^^;

Converse are the only thing I compulsively buy. They are the only thing I actually buy besides food come to think of it...  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:40 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Converse are the only thing I compulsively buy. They are the only thing I actually buy besides food come to think of it...

I have a nail polish addiction, so about once every season, I buy a few bottles of cheap stuff at Wal-Mart (Pure Ice, ninety-seven cents a bottle, and actually rather high quality stuff if you put it over a good base coat and add a good top coat), and a couple of the most appealing colors from expensive brands at Sally's (China Glaze, Orly, and the in-house brand Finger Paints, they all run about $3+ a bottle, though I can usually catch buy-one-get-one sales).
I also buy hair dye when the need to change my hair comes upon me, which is about twice a year or so.
So that pretty much leaves me broke all the time. >>;
I buy all of my clothes and shoes second-hand at the local Goodwill.
Woo, poverty!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:50 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

I have a nail polish addiction, so about once every season, I buy a few bottles of cheap stuff at Wal-Mart (Pure Ice, ninety-seven cents a bottle, and actually rather high quality stuff if you put it over a good base coat and add a good top coat), and a couple of the most appealing colors from expensive brands at Sally's (China Glaze, Orly, and the in-house brand Finger Paints, they all run about $3+ a bottle, though I can usually catch buy-one-get-one sales).
I also buy hair dye when the need to change my hair comes upon me, which is about twice a year or so.
Woo, poverty!

You're not poor Brandy 3:
As my friends put it, you just know how to shop! I go to second hand shops and Wal-Mart too ya know. WalMart is good for skinny jeans and junk for my room. And colorful socks and costumes for Halloween.
And I'm telling ya, go to Ross. Ross is even better than WalMart. It had way better clothes for the same prices if not better.
The thing is, it's a hit or miss place. They also have furniture and cooking supplies and it's literally an all around store.
Man you know nail polish like I know Converse cat_razz  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:08 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Woo, poverty!

As my friends put it, you just know how to shop! I go to second hand shops and Wal-Mart too ya know. WalMart is good for skinny jeans and junk for my room. And colorful socks and costumes for Halloween.
And I'm telling ya, go to Ross. Ross is even better than WalMart. It had way better clothes for the same prices if not better.
The thing is, it's a hit or miss place. They also have furniture and cooking supplies and it's literally an all around store.

We don't have a Ross.
Or a Marshall's.
OR a T.J. Maxx.
Unless I go all the way to Columbus, over two hours away, and the ones in Columbus are crappy, anyway.
We have a place called "Gabriel Brothers" closer (still an hour or so away...) which is similar, but prices still run too expensive for me.
If I can't buy a whole outfit for ten bucks or less, it's too expensive. >>;
I love nail polish, but my nails break and peel a lot, and it's not worth it to paint them unless they're long, to me, and unless they're all the same length, so I don't paint my nails much...
I did a really awesome and cute snowflake mani for Christmas, though, that I wore for a week because it was just THAT awesome.
I'm the go-to in my family for my younger cousins when they want their nails painted. cat_xd
I've also somehow been elected the hair guru...
Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm the only one in my family that can French braid. .__.;
Saves my beau money on hair cuts, though, since I can cut his hair myself. >3>
OCD people actually make GREAT hairdressers and manicurists. cat_xd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Woo, poverty!

We don't have a Ross.
Or a Marshall's.
OR a T.J. Maxx.
Unless I go all the way to Columbus, over two hours away, and the ones in Columbus are crappy, anyway.
We have a place called "Gabriel Brothers" closer (still an hour or so away...) which is similar, but prices still run too expensive for me.
If I can't buy a whole outfit for ten bucks or less, it's too expensive. >>;
I love nail polish, but my nails break and peel a lot, and it's not worth it to paint them unless they're long, to me, and unless they're all the same length, so I don't paint my nails much...
I did a really awesome and cute snowflake mani for Christmas, though, that I wore for a week because it was just THAT awesome.
I'm the go-to in my family for my younger cousins when they want their nails painted. cat_xd
I've also somehow been elected the hair guru...
Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm the only one in my family that can French braid. .__.;
Saves my beau money on hair cuts, though, since I can cut his hair myself. >3>
OCD people actually make GREAT hairdressers and manicurists. cat_xd

If you want to stop your nails from breaking, don't use nail polish remover and keep them long. Like, maybe half an inch. That's how long mine are (I like mine long and I want them a little bit longer)
I can imagine OCD people make good hairdressers and manicurists because they want to make everything perfect emotion_kirakira
And they have good attention to detail -- says my bff Hannah emotion_bigheart
I have really long hair, as you know, but I think just because of its weight that it can't be braided. It will give me a headache.
And it sucks that you have to travel so far to get to such good stores.
If we ever meet IRL we'll go on a shopping spree emotion_dealwithit  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:59 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
If you want to stop your nails from breaking, don't use nail polish remover and keep them long. Like, maybe half an inch. That's how long mine are (I like mine long and I want them a little bit longer)
I can imagine OCD people make good hairdressers and manicurists because they want to make everything perfect emotion_kirakira
I have really long hair, as you know, but I think just because of its weight that it can't be braided. It will give me a headache.

My longest nails are, I don't know, a little over half a centimeter now.
But I have really thin nails, and they've been prone to splitting and peeling for as long as I can remember, so it takes practically nothing for me to break them.
I've broken nails just opening a door and typing on a keyboard before. cat_gonk
And nail polish remover (the real stuff, made with acetone, that will murder a linoleum floor if you spill it), while drying, is actually perfectly okay to use as long as you use lotion or some such moisturizer afterward.
To be perfectly honest, just washing your hands is pretty much just as bad as acetone; contrary to popular belief, water is VERY drying.
You also shouldn't use nail clippers; they cause your nails to split (and they're painful to use if you have really curved nails like mine).
And, while many people love the look, blunt-edge/square-end is the most easily broken nail shape, so you should go for round or almond nail shapes, instead.
If I ever get the money to buy some olive oil, soaking your nails with that regularly is supposed to help prevent peeling and splitting.
Honey and milk, too.
Wearing nail polish helps prevent breaking nails, too; most die-hard nail addicts won't be caught dead without at least a clear coat on.
I read lots of nail blogs. >>; [/obsessed]
And I know what you mean about the hair; I can't even put mine in a pony tail because it gives me migraines.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

But I have really thin nails, and they've been prone to splitting and peeling for as long as I can remember, so it takes practically nothing for me to break them.
And nail polish remover (the real stuff, made with acetone, that will murder a linoleum floor if you spill it), while drying, is actually perfectly okay to use as long as you use lotion or some such moisturizer afterward.
To be perfectly honest, just washing your hands is pretty much just as bad as acetone; contrary to popular belief, water is VERY drying.
You also shouldn't use nail clippers; they cause your nails to split (and they're painful to use if you have really curved nails like mine).
And, while many people love the look, blunt-edge/square-end is the most easily broken nail shape, so you should go for round or almond nail shapes, instead.
If I ever get the money to buy some olive oil, soaking your nails with that regularly is supposed to help prevent peeling and splitting.
Honey and milk, too.
Wearing nail polish helps prevent breaking nails, too; most die-hard nail addicts won't be caught dead without at least a clear coat on.
And I know what you mean about the hair; I can't even put mine in a pony tail because it gives me migraines.

My nails, when they were short, kept egg shelling and breaking soooo easily. I grew them long to see if that would help and it did!
Take my word for it and grow your nails out long.
Turns out my nails are about a quarter of an inch long. They never egg shell and beforehand, they always egg shelled. No matter what I did.
Now, I can go swimming, wash my really long hair and brush it through with my fingers and not have to worry about my nails breaking. They don't even break when I play volleyball!
And I thought your hair was short? eek  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:22 pm
Darkness Dragons Revenge
Queen Spazzy
Darkness Dragons Revenge

Honey and milk, too.

My nails, when they were short, kept egg shelling and breaking soooo easily. I grew them long to see if that would help and it did!
Take my word for it and grow your nails out long.
Turns out my nails are about a quarter of an inch long. They never egg shell and beforehand, they always egg shelled. No matter what I did.
Now, I can go swimming, wash my really long hair and brush it through with my fingers and not have to worry about my nails breaking. They don't even break when I play volleyball!
And I thought your hair was short? eek

I don't keep them short, I HATE short nails.
But when they get long, they break, no matter what I try.
My shortest nails right now still reach my fingertips (though this isn't saying much, my nail bed doesn't end until just barely before my fingertips).
My nails have a genetic predisposition to curling down over my fingertips, especially my index and middle fingers, so those are especially prone to breaking. (It's a trait that's been passed down on my mum's side; my mum's nails do the same thing, and she says my grampa's nails curl down, too)
And my hair has grown out; it's been months since I got it cut. ^^;
The back is to my shoulders, and the front is a few inches past my chin. (A-line bobs ftw!)
My hair is still healthy right now, and growing rather quickly (I have about half an inch of roots showing already, eek!), so I don't have any plans to cut it any time soon. cat_razz

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff