Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Is there even any value to Gaia gold nowadays? I mean there are just so many
new items that are worth more than the originals and the originals are being
released again to those who can afford to give up their entire salary for Gaia.
I just don't think it's right and it's put me off the gold side of Gaia... All those
years of working hard, posting, bumping trees and fishing to make gold all
seems like a waste of time.

Honestly, if it wasn't for this guild, I would have quit already. emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:49 am
I know how you feel rolleyes My computers been kinda crappy, i didn't log in for three days, i swear to god flynn had ben released twice and there had been 4 flash "sales"
I the item i wanted to buy has jumped from 19mil to 42mil in about a month. Its crazy, i don't even bother booty grabbing anymore because 150k isn't worth anything!
I only spend my gold on things for the guild now, theres no point to anything else.

Though I do think its nice that they've released those charity halos for a reasonable price.

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

KawaiiBrielle

Romantic Darling

14,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 am
i also felt that way, for example the animated golden spectral halo is originally around 450k gold and now it is ranges from millions now and i also didn't like the flynn booty! It causes so much disruption of over princes in the marketplace. It would be better if they revert it back in the old days  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:27 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
I know how you feel rolleyes My computers been kinda crappy, i didn't log in for three days, i swear to god flynn had ben released twice and there had been 4 flash "sales"
I the item i wanted to buy has jumped from 19mil to 42mil in about a month. Its crazy, i don't even bother booty grabbing anymore because 150k isn't worth anything!
I only spend my gold on things for the guild now, theres no point to anything else.

Though I do think its nice that they've released those charity halos for a reasonable price.

I'm over 'Gaia'.. Owning items is so worthless nowadays. There is no 'rich'
since everyone is 'rich' now. emotion_0A0

I'll also be spending my time and gold on the guild and that's it. emotion_awesome

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:29 am
-RichelleG-
i also felt that way, for example the animated golden spectral halo is originally around 450k gold and now it is ranges from millions now and i also didn't like the flynn booty! It causes so much disruption of over princes in the marketplace. It would be better if they revert it back in the old days

Flynn's booty was the worst idea that Gaia has ever come up with. emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:30 am
Did you see the Q&A they released? lol They said more people liked Flynn's booty than disliked. I honestly don't know anyone who likes it.

Gaia seems to think the loyal players are players who just throw money at them. I've seen people who are practically billionaires who have just started this year, simply by buying cash items.

But I suppose those people are more "important" than those who have been on Gaia for 6+ years.

Why don't older users get a special shop that only they can get into, and have a choice of buying rare/special items with gold? emo  

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

theanothers

Destructive Mage

11,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 am
it just shows that greed has taken over gaia.
flynn's booty is "the" bad thing that has happened to gaia and the rest follows.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 am
1m is the new 1k :/
Using that, I have 2k ;_____;
Once it would have been impossible for that. Now? Bought Flynn the first time she came out, and now everything is way OP  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

NozomeAkimoto

Angelic Miko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am
It is a sad thing, but it was also inevitable.
The marketplace is mainly run by those who have the resources to manipulate the market, that is, a large quantity of gold.
Now consider the target demographic of the site, young kids and teenagers.
That the marketplace is highly unstable and prone to hyperinflation is an understatement.
This is further augmented by the site embracing the "Freemium" mentality so many MMOs carry a bit too hard, leaving cash-less users starved for content.
The gaian economic model is a dark, scary place I don't want to wake up to.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:28 pm
The value of Gold has seriously decreased, with all the wild inflation. It makes Alchemy so hard for me at times T-T Flynn's Booty really doesn't help much, either.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:43 pm
I find a few of the opinions in here rather puzzling...but I've never been one for item elitism, pixel class systems, and what-not. Other Gaians having what I do doesn't bother me at all or affect my sense of self-worth. I'm not bothered that brand new Gaians can purchase old items if they have the cash; I'm actually thrilled about that.

I have been here since Gaia's first anniversary, and the more things change, the more they stay the same: users willing to pay cash have always had access to the best items offered at the time. This has been true the pushing-into-10-years I've been here, and according to the friends I had who were even earlier joiners, that was true as soon as the trading system opened up in fall of 2003. At that same time, they lifted the 2 monthly letter per IP address cap...allowing for Gaians with extra cash to spend as much as they wished and resale for gold to others. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

The start of the push to purchase multiples of anything started when MCs began having more than one pose. Back in 2005. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Then the Cash Shop opened. And at first it was small, inexpensive little items that could be purchased for less than $1 US. And then came the EIs. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Then Chance Items were introduced, and now we were no longer outright buying pixel items but a tiny chance to get something great but more than likely get small booby prizes.There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Then came the first Black Friday flash sales with the elevated cash purchase prices of older rare items. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Then came more frequent flash sales...all with items even more pricey than Black Friday. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Then came Club Verge with the WHOAH expensive premium items. There was much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site was ruined and would never be the same.

Now there are more expensive recolors and old MCs in the regular cash shop...and you can buy gold by the millions from Flynn's booty. There is much unhappiness and moaning about greed and how the site iss ruined and will never be the same.

Crazy inflation has also always been part of Gaia since I've been here. It tends to go in surges and then plateau for a bit. Prices now are crazy, but it's nothing new. Older items jumped up in value 10x or more what they were in the first 6 months I joined. Back when a very long day on Gaia would net about 500g.

The only thing that's changed over time is the scale as society has changed and buying pixels has gone from being weird and suspicious back in 2003 to an every day thing for most people in 2013.

As long as Flynn's Booty sells, the inflation will not stop any time soon. The only solution is the quit buying. Gaia will do what it must in order to survive. Starve the income source and they will adapt to find a different revenue source.

(I am so happy to see that someone else in here mentioned the freemium model. I've been arguing for some time that the increasing use of the freemium model for apps, games, and other content is what has led Gaia to go as far down this road as it has. Ever since I joined Gaia--back when all it was WAS a forum site--everyone has always insisted on referring to it as a game and playing. Well, it's modeled after a game now. Enjoying it?)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:49 pm
I HATE Flynn's Booty/Chest/Pinkytoe/whatever body part of Flynn's that they're selling.
Questing is no fun and what was once a nice amount of gold
is practically worthless.

diet bepis

Kitten

StrayKit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:45 pm
there is a lot of inflation lately since Flynn's booty/chest have come out, and gathering gold is starting to seem more and more useless. to this day I tend to gather cash to buy the items in the shop and then sell them in the MP because frankly, it's the only way to get a decent sum of gold to get anything anymore. which is sad, because not everyone can do that. but Pirate Dirge has a point, this has been going on for years. I haven't been here the whole ten years but I do remember when the Cash Shop opened up to now and this does always happen. it'll either even out on it's own or Gaia is going to get a lot more members on the site telling them that they aren't okay with the changes and they'll either ignore it or do something about it. unfortunately there's not much more to do other than wait and see. does it make it fair? no, not really, but there isn't much else to be done  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 pm
___________________________________ ___________________________________

I keep looking for something I cant get.

Exactly... and its such a bummer for people like me who can't buy cash. Its like an expectation anymore. I really wish they'd stop releasing the Flynn Booty and the Chest.... and all the flash sales.

Broken hearts, their all around me and I dont see
An easier way to get out of this

_________________________________ ___________________________________

Jao Feng

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 pm
User Image User Image

I'm never really on most of these days, so I only noticed it now (seriously) as I looked at some of the new items. Kind of makes me want to give up on my dream avi as I know perfectly well right now that I'll never be able to afford it. I seriously don't know what they're up to right now. Either they just keep on releasing gold without improving our ways of obtaining them or they're just dead serious on getting real money. If before I tried to defend Gaia and their actions... well, yeah, I've kind of changed my views on things. I mean, it's okay to want to earn something, it's not a charitable institution anyway. But at the rate things are going, I think that they only free thing in this site is when you enter it. After that, you can't afford anything anymore.

I'm just getting back in here coz of the friends I've found here. But I'm not really keen on the new items anymore.

User ImageUser Image

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces