Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Words:167
User Image
Haven squeaked and hoped she was headed in the right direction. Rael said the new fox was in this part of the boarder but so far Haven hadn’t gotten any strange scents. Sliding in and out of the mists was easy for her with her coat coloring so she wasn’t concerned about predators while the ghosts were looking out for her. Stopping she looked around. “Close?” To anyone else she was whispering to the air. Her already soft voice was barely audible yet the spirits who lived in Eiru land and guarded it heard her loud and clear. They told her to keep going. Ears flicking listening she started to move again.

“Hello.” She called out into the mists hoping the ghosts weren’t being to playful today. Normally they only liked tribe members and especially her mother, but that didn’t mean they didn’t like to play games now and then. One of their favorites was to point rather than speak knowing that Haven couldn’t actually see them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:21 am
User Image

The dark green vixen waited where she was when Rael left her. As time went on she felt a swell of spiritual energy, then heard whispers. Some were giggling and others seemed to be guiding another. Perhaps it was the fox the Phim had mentioned. She called out to listening. "I am here." The soft voices she heard picked up and she saw a figure coming out from the fog. Kushana sat with a small smile on her face, she wanted to seem welcoming and somewhat harmless. This must be the one who could talk to the spirits but not see them, and from the sounds of it they rather enjoyed the others company as well as tease them.

It made Kushana happy that she had a chance to be accepted into a place of other foxes like her. It will be wondrous not being judged, or being called a 'Chubacabra' by a human village. She has long stopped eating goats and the names stopped. Kushana stepped down from her walk and took a few steps forward. Her tail flicked, everyone she had met from Eiru was pleseant and she was eager to met the rest.

[197 Words]

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:44 pm
Words: 204

Ears forward she was lead to the vixen by her voice and the help of the ghosts. The vixen’s smile was pleasant but waiting in Haven’s mind. Still she really wasn’t one to judge too much so soon. She offered a shy smile in return. “Haven.” She remembered what her mother said about telling others more of her thoughts so they wouldn’t have to guess as much. She took a breath to start. “I am Haven. Daughter of Samhain the Shaman of Eiru. Welcome to Eiru.” She turned and with a gesture of her paw invited the vixen to the tribe’s land. Haven was here to be a guide to make sure the vixen didn’t end up in the bogs that had monsters in them. Some bogs were fine; others had vengeful spirits around them of foxes who had drown just waiting to lure victims to their demise.

Haven wasn’t one for questions and besides Rael seemed to like this vixen and Haven knew that despite Rael’s openness on many things that shouldn’t be discussed the phim was a good judge of character. Haven wasn’t sure why but she was told by Rael to show all of her daughter Kyi’s favorite hiding spots. “Questions?”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 pm
"Hello Haven, I am Kushana." The smile she had on faded, but her face was still nice, at least in Kushana's mind. She gave a light chuckle at her introduction, hoping it wasn't rude. "Thank you for coming out and meeting me." Kush took a step and was at Haven's side. "I hear the bogs around here aren't safe. What lurks in them?" She was very curious about it. She felt the spirits start to chatter, her ears flicked and attempted to tune them out. "The spirits seem to like you. I heard your family is keen to them." Kushana also hoped that this didn't seem like mindless banter. She was rather intrigued by the young vixens family. Then again, everything that lurked within the tribe interested her.  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:10 pm
Lurkers words 128
My words 151

Haven started to move into the tribe lands now. She nodded to the thank you as well as to the danger. “Swamp beasts below the surface, vengeful spirits, wolves. Many dangers.” She kept half an ear cocked to listen to the spirits who would warn her of any danger. She looked to Kushana when she mentioned spirits. Rael had mentioned that Kushana would fit right in with the tribe but hadn’t really said to much about the female. Haven knew it was Kushana’s place to talk more of her skills if she wanted. Still to hear or see the spirits around them made Haven feel a strange kinship with the vixen. Nodding slowly she tried to figure out the best way to describe her family. “My family can hear and see. Sometimes one. Both.” She thought of her poor father who couldn’t see or hear spirits and smiled. “Not demons though.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 pm
"I see. I hear spirits of all sorts... Demons, I've only heard one in my life. I wish not to hear one again." Not many things made Kushana shiver, but the memory of the demon does. She was mindful of her steps, she didn't mind the muck at times, but she wanted to look presentable for the tribe. "I do prefer just to hear than to see." She looked curiously to Haven. "What of you. Do you wish you could see them? Or not even hear them?" The question at the time didn't seem too personal. "If this is too personal for you, I apologize if this is too personal."

[110 words~]  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 pm
Lurker: 110 words
Reo: 235 words

Haven realized that Kushana had misunderstood her but didn’t feel like explaining that when she would likely figure it out later. Haven didn’t want to embarrass the other fox. Haven had been saying her family was not demons like some would think. Having grown up in the safety of the tribe Haven had never sought out a demon so she didn’t know if she could hear a demon or not. In truth she hadn’t ever really considered whether she wished if she could see the spirits like her mother and siblings so her own answer was delayed. She took a breath before giving a full answer to make sure there was no more misunderstandings. “Not to personal. I have never considered whether seeing was better or not hearing at all would be better. I am how I am and my mother guided me so I knew I wasn’t crazy like she thought she was when she was young. I am comfortable with my skills and while it can be troublesome to hear spirits I learn more than most do so I don’t mind. .. and I think it helps that the spirits have someone to talk to so they don’t get sad or forgotten. ” Spirits around foxes said many things about a fox’s past and what they saw. It was informative and helpful to see if a fox was honest and kind or spiteful and evil.

(and now I can sleep XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 am
Kushana smiled at the words of the young vixen. Yet, relieved to see that her question wasn't too personal. She seemed wise and kind, even to those she could not see. "I like the way you think, Haven. I know the spirits appreciate you and your words to them." She looked around and she she could tell how others could get lost, everything looked the same. She only spotted a few differences here and there, but nothing that really stuck out. "Are we almost to our destination?" The tribe borders seemed rather large, and with the bogs, Kushana thought that the scouts that didn't have the blessing of wings must know these lands like the back of their paw. She had no further questions other than the one previously stated. She was rather eager to learn all of Kyioshi's hiding spot, and to see her song bird again.

[148 Word count~]  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:26 pm
Haven giggled at the compliment. She wasn’t used to that kind of praise. Though the other vixen was right. Haven knew full well that taking time to listen to and talk to the spirits made a large difference to them and some of the ‘scarier’ ones came to talk to her knowing that she couldn’t see them which made them more comfortable around her. “No.” She took a breath and stopped so she could explain it all. “Eiru might be a young tribe but the land we have claimed is expansive. It’s easy to traverse it in
a day or day and a half if you have wings but it could take three on foot if are moving slow enough. Stopping to rest in the wrong spot could be very bad though so there are spots along the way to rest. One of Kyioshi’s favorite spots is ahead. Rael said you might like to see it. Besides we barely started to walk.”
Haven was used to the woods that would confuse most foxes and didn’t want to let Kushana know that she was taking a way that while might be a bit longer was much safer for the green vixen to go. With that said she started walking again.

Words: 209  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm
Kushana nodded. Perhaps it would be wise to be a little more patient. Though with the mention of a Kyi hiding spot, her interest perked slightly. "Hmm... I feel it odd there is a spot so far out. Though the girl does have wings." As she continued the walk with Haven she wondered why she would have a spot out here. Perhaps to attack new comers? Was she going to be a victim to her song birds little attacks? Not like she would mind. She knew this walk would take a while because she was eager for to be at the end.  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:13 pm
Lurker: 103
words: 150

“Kyioshi prefers spots that are … unique. It doesn’t matter where they are in the tribe lands so long as she is comfortable.” Haven felt like she said more today than she had in four months. It was true that Kyi had wings so her travel was much more eased then many other tribe members. Haven had no idea if Kyi was there or not, but a part of her hoped so that way Kyi would be able to perhaps take over the conversing part of the tour so that the burden would be eased on Haven just a bit. It wasn’t that talking was bad or painful, just that she never seemed to have things worth saying and that lead to long periods of silence which others who didn’t know her might find disconcerting. She peeked over to the other fox and hoped the newcomer didn’t think her unsociable.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:48 pm
"I see." Ahead was a spot that was different from the others they have past. She slipped in front of Haven and started inspecting the bushes and anything that her little song bird could be hiding. Her tail flicked as she removed her head from a bush. The spirits taunted her, pointing her to places where there was nothing but a mere bug or twig. She huffed. Perhaps she would have to wait longer to see Kyioshi. "Do Kyioshi know that the tribe is to have vistors soon?" If she didn't know perhaps she can spring an attack of her own.  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm
Lurker: 101
Reo: 119

Haven watched the other female dart back and forth in the area while looking over everything. “No I do not believe that Kyi has any inkling that the tribe is expecting visitors.” Visitors? Did this vixen have a family that she was bringing along? Or perhaps there were others that Haven didn’t know about but might not even be related to the vixen. Turning her head she looked back the way they came wondering if she had just left a bunch of poor souls stranded at the border of Eiru land. “When you say visitors…” She let the question trail off as her gaze kept behind her. Please don’t let this tribe have been a disaster before it began.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 pm
"By that I mean, does she know I am coming? Must I prepare for a surprise or will I be able to spring one myself?" She looked over to Haven and realized she was rather panicked. "I apologize." The last thing Kushana wanted was to cause the other distress of any kind. So she stopped her wild investigation and sat next to Haven. "I assure you, everyone that is supposed to be here is here. No one was left behind."  

TheOriginalLurker

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 pm
words 105

That was a huge relief. Relaxing Haven turned back to the green vixen. “I see.” The other fox wanted to surprise Kyi? Well that shouldn’t be to hard since Kyi liked to run scouting and hunting like her mother did so often flew out this far. “I think if you laid in wait you could surprise her, though it would be late tonight or early tomorrow by the time Kyi makes her rounds on this side of tribe lands. She didn’t really know a good place to hide unless the green vixen wanted to hide in the base of Kyi’s own tree. “In the tree?”  
● RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff