Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
I LOVE... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:16 am
my grandmother's cooking ._.
She's making me pho right now.
I want her spring rolls & vermicelli

Does anyone else love their grandparent(s) cooking?
What have they made for you that you absolutely love?

On a side note... my friend's grandma makes the best mashed potatoes
and she uses marshmellows... for consistency not taste. I was
surprised when I was told that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:31 am
I love Grandma's homemade chicken noodle soup~! She grows her own ingredients and I could eat it all year! As for my Nana, she makes the best pumpkin bread. She even makes pumpkin bread without nuts just for me and my cousin since we both hate nuts.

Ah~! I can't wait for my birthday~! emotion_bigheart  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:44 am
Jewel of Antares
I love Grandma's homemade chicken noodle soup~! She grows her own ingredients and I could eat it all year! As for my Nana, she makes the best pumpkin bread. She even makes pumpkin bread without nuts just for me and my cousin since we both hate nuts.

Ah~! I can't wait for my birthday~! emotion_bigheart

Omg yum... even better haha. She sounds sweet! Both of them. I don't think I've had pumpkin bread before.
I want to learn my grandma's recipe's. I know a few, not a lot though.

My birthday is in a month and a half and I can't wait either.
A feast of all my favorite foods. This year I'm requesting a sushi cake.
Rolls of rushi stacked to make a cake xD. I'm not one for super sweet things.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:40 am
As cliché as it is my favorite thing my grandma makes is her gravy. I look forward to it at thanksgiving and christmas every year  

Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Interesting Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:22 pm
Laughably, neither of my Grandmothers can cook. They can bake, oh can they bake, but cooking? No. Not well, at least.

My maternal Grandmother makes a mean spinach artichoke dip, though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:05 pm
My grandparents couldn't cook all that great either, but they could bake. Thing I miss most is my gram's apple cobbler with home made vanilla bean ice cream. My mom tried to do it for my birthday this year and it was good but not as good as my grams made it.  

EternalFlame Aeon

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 pm
Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Haha, my grandma can't make gravy... but I don't eat much of it anyways, only on the holidays d:
or on poutine! Have you ever had poutine?

Der Fluch des Pharao

My grandma is the opposite, she can't bake but she can cook haha. I'm craving spinach and artichoke dip now.
I'll probably just make a veggie hash in the meantime. I've got to use the yams pretty soon!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:05 pm
my grandma doesn't really cook anything special. whenever I go over it's like pancakes/waffles for breakfast (pancakes cooked by my omi, not my gran, so they're leftover) frozen pizza/quesadilla for lunch, and cereal for dinner, the cereal usually being grapenuts or something. my omi does cook, but I'm a pretty picky eater, and she cooks sort of weird things, so whenever we go over for a family gathering I usually just end up eating a roll and green beans because there's nothing else that's appealing to me. her pancakes and waffles are great, though, so there's that.

also, I just realized "grapenuts" is a weird name for cereal. I never questioned it until now. why is it called grapenuts?? are you supposed to eat it with grapes?? on the box there's usually blueberries with it, and I always eat it with bananas, so what's the deal? mystery of the grapenuts.......................................... ~~~spooky~~~

debinoresu

Winner

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:16 pm
Magna Visored

Oh wow that sounds soooo good. I haven't had apple cobbler before, but I imagine it's somewhat like
apple pie and ice cream. Which is really good. Whens the last time you had it?

debinoresu

Oh okay. I've never heard of "Grapenuts" before, ever xD. I'm somewhat jealous of what the states have to
offer in terms of food. They have honey mustard flavored pringles. I need them D:. Had them once and
I preserved them for so long. I'm curious to try them. I like trying new foods, especially cereal. I usually
eat cereal as a night time snack.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:29 pm
DeathxGrip

ahh, I know we have honey mustard flavored pringles, but I've only ever had them once because we don't buy pringles!! we try to buy only off-brand stuff because it's cheaper, and I don't think there's an off-brand alternative to pringles available in our nearby stores, unfortunately. but yea honey mustard flavored pringles are amazing omg.. why did you have to remind me of their existence

also, grapenuts aren't a very popular cereal, I don't think. maybe they are and I just happen to have only been to places and with people that don't have grapenuts?? but my grandma is the only person I know who owns some

I'm personally jealous of what Canada has to offer for food, mainly because my friend boasts about all the stuff they have that we don't all the time.

debinoresu

Winner

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 pm
debinoresu

More like why don't we have them in Canada crying . You can totally walk to the store anytime pretty much and get them! I don't eat
much junk food, but when I do, I eat my fair share xD. I'm curious to try the new sushi lay's... I probably will be disappointed
but I still want to try them. I really love AppleJacks, but not many stores have them here and if they do it seems like it's
more of a seasonal item that comes out once a year.

I have no idea what we have to offer that the states doesn't in terms of food. OH Ketchup chips. Those are good xD.
And Coffee Crisp, my favorite chocolate bar. I also thought of Ruffles All Dressed. I also forgot kinder eggs were banned in
the states. I remember going to the store as kids with my sister and being excited to get kinder eggs.

One thing I want to try is the Sriracha flavored chips. I love that hot sauce. My friends and I call it c**k sauce because of the rooster on the bottle.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:37 pm
Both of my grandmothers could cook, but only one of them really did any baking. She made the absolute best bread. emotion_drool When I was a kid, I used to ask for it for my birthday.
My other grandmother made okonomiyaki, and it was delish.

Also, on the subject of Canadian/US foods, our Smarties are different than theirs. Ours are chocolate, a lot like M&Ms, whereas theirs are like Rockets. Some other Canadian foods that come to mind (other than poutine and the stuff that's already been mentioned) are rapure, jigg's dinner, donairs, butter tarts, tourtière, toutons, poutine rapée, pets de sœurs, and beavertails. razz Most of which I don`t really care for, but I just figured I'd throw it out there.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Interesting Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:41 pm
DeathxGrip
Haha, my grandma can't make gravy... but I don't eat much of it anyways, only on the holidays d:

What is Poutine?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 pm
Bri-the_cookie_goddess
DeathxGrip

What is Poutine?

IT'S SO GOOD. Um it's basically a layer of fries, with cheese curds and hot gravy. Cheese melts with the
gravy over the hot fries. They've got a lot of custom ones too. Some with pulled pork, or some like a taco
made without the shell and gravy replaced with salsa/sour cream. There's a place about 20 minutes from
my house that has over 60 different combinations. It's like making french fries into a meal basically xD.  

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

Bri-the_cookie_goddess

Interesting Friend

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 pm
DeathxGrip
Bri-the_cookie_goddess
DeathxGrip

What is Poutine?

IT'S SO GOOD. Um it's basically a layer of fries, with cheese curds and hot gravy. Cheese melts with the
gravy over the hot fries. They've got a lot of custom ones too. Some with pulled pork, or some like a taco
made without the shell and gravy replaced with salsa/sour cream. There's a place about 20 minutes from
my house that has over 60 different combinations. It's like making french fries into a meal basically xD.

Wow. Sounds like something my bf and his mom would like. I don't know about myself. Ketchup and sour cream together is good enough for me. And the occasional dip in a milkshake xD  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff