Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP/1v1?] Chill to the bone (Taym/Amrita) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Enoh Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:02 pm
Amrita hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings. She had her head down, gaze focused almost entirely on the book held in front of her, scanning the lines of text and occasional diagram. She moved around on instinct, knowing the hallways of Amityville better than the stitches on her own twisted hands, and relied on her peripheral vision to avoid other creatures as they milled about. If a door blocked her path, she reached out absently until she found a doorknob to fix the issue.

When she stopped, it wasn't because she had reached her destination, but because she felt...off. Something around her was wrong, and it was enough to make her finally look up from her book. One thing became clear very quickly; she wasn't in Amity any more. What she was looking at was the inside lobby of the Haunted House, which she knew almost as well as she knew the school.

"...You've got to be kidding me." The ghoul groaned, the book she had cradled in her arm lowering slowly as if getting steadily heavier. Her disbelief faded quickly as she realized she had to get out, but by the time she wheeled around, the exit had already closed and locked. She was stuck. "s**t." She cursed, kicking the door with a solid heel for good measure - though she may as well have been kicking a solid wall - and turned again to face the hallway. Now came the fun part: trying to find a way out, without coming across a threat.

She tried door after door, but found them all locked. Several hallways later she finally found an open one, and it lead to an old, dusty storage room. Not just any old storage room; every item stored within looked like it belonged to a carnival or a fun house. Including horrifying clown faces, little game prize plushies, and, in one corner, popcorn machines filled with rotten and mummified popcorn. The more she looked around for another door, the more she recognized some items as ones they had used in the last Prom.

"...W-ee-ird..." She hummed out, flicking the forehead of a small, broken doll that shared shocking similarities to the ones Mort had built. A small sound caught her ear and she craned her head to the side, listening for a follow up noise; when she heard it, she sighed to herself.

"Turn around, and go back the way you came." Amrita warned in a carefully even voice, keeping her back to the rest of the room for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:33 pm
Taym's fingers flexed around the hilt of the knife in his hand, the weapon he'd been carrying in a loose grip since he'd arrived and which he now felt compelled to white-knuckle. Stealth was one of his few assets, and it was wasted now. He'd seen the tail of her skirt vanish into the doorway and his stomach had turned at the backwards-facing feet beneath it: a small, incredibly unsettling detail.

He'd had so little experience with the Other: Caelius had him chasing down security guards and dodging bullets, things that were more anxiety-inducing than truly scary. The backwards-turned foot had run his blood cold and he'd considered pretending he hadn't seen it before he'd slunk after it anyway.

Doing his job.

And now she'd heard him, his cover blown, and he reached out to prod with the tip of the knife at a moldering, one-eyed teddy bear of the sort won at a ring toss or a dunking booth, and he didn't take his eyes off her. Off of it.

She hadn't seen him yet. Perhaps when she did she would find his voice, soft and thin and quiet despite its nicotine-rough edge, unsuited to his face. Perhaps she wouldn't. Who knew what expectations a thing like that had?

"I'm not sure why I ought to do anything one of you tells me to, but I'll take it under advisement."  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 pm
"No? That's a shame. I'd really suggest you take my advice to heart." Amrita tried to sound hurt. Thankfully it was easy to hide her grin, since she still had her back to him, but it managed to show in her voice. She never was that great of an actress. "...But I guess I shouldn't be surprised." A twisted hand lifted, brushing through loose strands of curly black hair, enough to brush them back behind her ear. As she did she glanced over her shoulder, just enough to catch a glimpse of his white-and-gold coat to confirm her suspicions. "You are a Hunter, after all." The ghoul shook her head in shame, her voice lowered as if she were severely disappointed. Then, finally, she turned to face him, her movements easy and relaxed. She wasn't afraid of him, and didn't feel as though he posed a threat to her.

If she had more to say, it was lost in the wake of her obvious surprise the moment she actually saw him. The first thing that came to mind was a description that Aleria had once given to her: a man so thin I thought he might be undead. This man certainly looked the part, and to see a Hunter look so malnourished was something of a shock. In her experience, Male Hunter body types tended to fit on a scale between Otto and Robert; this bag-of-bones was a definite outlier. So, who else could it be, but the infamous Taym? She fought to keep her cool through it all, partially because of the promise she had made, but also in part to the small voice of logic that argued the tiny, remote chance that this wasn't him.

"...Buuut looking like that, I doubt you'll be a Hunter for very long anyway." Amrita apparently found her words again, but this time the disappointment had melted into clear pity. "With or without my advice."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:30 pm
Enoh Love

With his fingers in the loop of the knife's antlers, he gave it an unthinking twirl, a pointless little flourish that did nothing but reassure him that his hands were not shaking--not yet, not right now.

It wasn't just the thin that made him look like one of her kind, but the everything else: the deep, shadowed hollows of his eye sockets; the way he held himself, slightly curled in as if he could will himself to vanish and as taut as a guitar string; the strange pallor of his skin. Put him in a few veils and coin-draped belts and bracelets and he might pass for a member of the Famine clan, at the very least.

"What exactly would you know," he said, faintly sneering, "of what a human ought to look like?"

If she was relaxed, he was the opposite. He fairly radiated nervous, violent energy, humming with potential movement kept on a leash only by unease and unfamiliarity.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm
Her gaze dropped to the blade as it spun between his fingers, and then raised once more to meet his sunken, nervous gaze.

"Oh please, you're not human any more. Nor are you the first Hunter I've ever met." She waved a backwards hand dismissively. "I wasn't born yesterday." Her arms folded under her chest, her knuckles tapping lightly against a set of stitches on her arm, considering him carefully. While she was fairly confident in her own skills, there was something about him that made her a little uneasy. He was entirely too thin, but every ounce of him seemed...almost unstable. Like all that tension in him could burst at any moment. It made her want to make him snap.

"Actually, I know a lot about you." She started carefully, despite being unable to help herself. Her promise had been to not lash out unless they struck first; in no way did she promise to not antagonize them into making the first move. Plus, if he really was Taym, she wanted to get her revenge on him in any way she could.

"Specifically." So, for now, she settled for trying to unnerve him. "Which is why you should probably leave now~" She mused innocently, twirling a piece of hair around a green finger.

Rejam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:25 pm
Enoh Love
I COULDA SWORN I TAGGED THIS SORRY crying

A hollow little bark of a laugh. "Really? I'm supposed to just take that statement at face value and scuttle on along, am I?"

Let them make the first move. React, don't act.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:27 pm
"Yes, Taym, you are." Amrita smiled sweetly, her head tilting just so.

Please let this actually be Taym. She really didn't want to get into a fight today, not when she was supposed to be meeting someone who really disapproved of it.

Rejam
IT'S OKAY! :'D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 pm
Enoh Love

The beat of utter stillness after she said his name gave him away, and he mentally cursed himself for not having the quick wits to laugh, to pretend like she'd gotten it wrong. No point in denying it now. He grinned a yellow, wolfish grin.

"Now where'd you hear that, sweetheart?"  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:06 pm
Amrita's smile remained static, though relief blossomed in her chest as it seemed that yes, her prayers had been answered and that yes, this was indeed him. Though he took hearing his name from a stranger much better than she did. The relief was short lived though, when his question made her remember how she knew his name. She let the question hang in the air for a moment or two, before she sighed softly and lightly clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Can you keep a secret?"

Rejam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:09 pm
Enoh Love

The laugh this time was tired. Secrets and withheld information seemed to comprise a lot of his conversations of late.

"No," he said.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:44 pm
"...Really?" Amrita sounded honestly surprised. "I always thought Death Hunters were supposed to be good at that sort of thing."

Rejam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm
Enoh Love

"Black sheep," he said bluntly. "Always swimming against the ********' current."  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:21 pm
"So you're incompetent." She concluded. "Which makes you as useless as I've heard. Good to know."

Rejam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:37 pm
Enoh Love
bless you Amrita lol pushin all his buttons

He actually rolled his eyes. He'd foreseen this sort of meeting going down in a more spectacular fashion, and instead he was getting his work habits sniped at. Lovely.

"Let's not pretend you know any more than you do or that you're in a position to make an assessment of my abilities as a hunter," he snapped. "You asked, I answered. Move on."  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:07 pm
"Oops, did I hit a sore spot?" Amrita mockingly gasped, emitting a small 'aww' in pity. "All this pretending of yours...it's really quite cute." The ghoul sighed again, this time lifting her hands at her sides in an animated shrug.

"But~ The Little Hunter wants to move on, huh? To what, exactly?"

Rejam
-TRIES ALL THE BUTTONS- >:'D

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out