Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Sandman base
Market place Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm
Shop till you drop or till you have found all you need. The market is open 24/7 for every one to come and shop and get what they need. Her from fresh grown foods, to clothes and books.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm
Blade looked around the market place with narrowed brown eyes, tossing her long brown braid over her shoulder before turning her eyes to look at the silver wolf at her side, "I still don't like this idea. I don't care if it got us in, I don't like it," she grumbled at him as she adjusted the small pack over her shoulder that carried their clothes and a few daggers.

The wolf gave her a disgusted look and turned away from her. She had to admire how he looked in wolf form, despite the fact that he was probably smaller than he should have been. He was basically silver all over with dark gray on his muzzle, feet and the tip of his tail and one black ear. His brown eyes carried over to this form as well.

But she couldn't help but worry about what would happen if they were found by other WereWolves. The last few times hadn't gone over so well for her brother...

But he'd insisted that this was the only way to get past the guard at the gate and he'd been right. The guard had only admired him without paying close attention to her, especially when he hammed it up by playing a good 'dog' and let the man rub his belly. If they'd come in with her in animal form, they'd probably have caused a riot.

She gave him a low growl to draw his attention back to her, "Now what?" she asked him, her temper on a short fuse at the moment. It didn't help her much when he simply trotted over to one of the vendors, apparently expecting her to get them some supplies. She hated dealing with people this way but he was making her do it anyway.

It took a bit of haggling, but she got their supplies and he lead her over to the fountain in the center of the square then nosed an apple out of the supplies and started to eat it, making her give him a glare, "I don't think wolves eat apples, Wind. That's not exactly blending in," she told him, clearly annoyed when he pointedly ignored her and ate the apple anyway then nosed around for another one.

She knew the plan just as well as he did but still didn't like it. She knew they needed a place to rest up for a few days, knew that this place was the best place to get that done. But there was supposed to be a wolf pack here. They'd already been warned to do their best to avoid them. But Wind had insisted on the place anyway.

So here she was, sitting on the edge of a fountain, surrounded by all kinds of people, watching her brother eat apples as a wolf.

Could things get any more ridiculous?  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
spaceA steady rumbling pierced through the general hustle and bustle of the market place as a motorcycle and sidecar rolled through. It was pretty ugly and beat up, it's black paint faded and chipping, the leather cracked. Its engine was sound, which was all that mattered to the driver, a young human who was just a dirty as his motorcycle. His brown hair was somehow matted and windswept at the same time, and his clothes were little more than fancy rags, held together by deft stitchwork. He was unshaven, his beard patchy and scraggly. He pressed the horn as the rode past the fountain, whistling at a girl sitting beside her dog.

space"Hey, beautiful!" Indignantly, the girl and her dog stood while she shouted curses at them. The driver smirked and glanced at the man riding in his sidecar. He was hooded, now that they were slow enough for the hood to stay on. He wore dark clothes accentuated with leather armor, which while dusty from the ride, was much more presentable than the driver. In his lap sat worn travel backpack with a sawn-off shotgun laying across it, and propped up between him and the walls of the side car was a sheathed longsword. His white eyes, however, were locked on the swearing girl and her dog. The driver saw this and gulped. He had not known his traveling companion long, but that was not a good sign. "Does your shade see anything, Luther?"

space"Nothing pressing. Just a demon and lycan. I won't bother with them unless they make trouble. Though they could be more inconspicuous. Everyone knows dogs don't eat fruit."his voice was low and rough. He turned his attention back to the marketplace, looking for the right place for them to stop. He pointed at a stall that sold ammunition. "There. Drop me off there." The motorcycle came to a stop, and the man called Luther climbed out of the side car. He slid the shotgun into a leather holster on his hip and tied the sword to his belt. He opened the backpack and withdrew some money for the driver."Go gas the bike up, Soren, and wait for me at the bar." Soren took the money and went off in search of someone trading gasoline, while Luther turned back towards the stall, eyeing the wares silently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:20 pm
thus always to tyrants

Blade couldn't help her growl as the motorcycle moved through, the driver making a pass at her on the way and couldn't help but swear at him for him. She watched carefully as they stopped and the passenger got out, the motorcycle leaving right after. She'd been able to hear everything they said and passed a glare at the wolf who was sitting at her side licking off the remains of the apple from his muzzle and paws, "I told you this wouldn't work," she growled at him, "And I'm not cleaning you up this time, you can just stay sticky for a while," she added as she moved to pack down their supplies in the pack before shouldering it again, "Come on, we need to find a place to sleep," she told him shortly, clearly unhappy with the entire situation. Plus, the guy thought she was a demon. How insulting...

The wolf just gave her a disgusted sound and padded off after the man, finally halting just behind him and watching him look over the wares at the stall. He found the man interesting, even if he didn't know what they were. Well, not completely anyway. Few would know the hybrids as twins like this or how mixed their blood truly was.

He didn't make a sound as he sat there, just watched with his too-intelligent brown eyes.

Blade finally halted when she noticed that Wind wasn't following her and turned to find him sitting behind the stranger, making her give a frustrated growl. Apparently her brother was just looking for problems and deliberately annoying her in the process. She hesitated but finally swore softly and moved over to her brother, "Come on, pup. If you want a bed tonight, you're going to have to get a move on. Sitting her annoying people isn't good for your health," she told him softly, hating the fact that he wouldn't shift to his human form yet.

Wind just looked up at her for a long moment then simply laid down where he was, his head resting on his paws as he continued to watch the man in front of him, making his sister give a frustrated growl at him, "Fine! You can find me when you're ready!" she growled at him and stalked off to find them a place to rest for the night.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm
User Image
spaceLuther was trading for ammunition when the shade whispered in his ear. He looked over his shoulder and saw the runt lycan staring at him. He grunted and turned back to his business. He needed to resupply more than he needed to speak with a runt. His business complete, he pulled his backpack on as he walked to the lycan. To make a show, he patted it on the head, knowing full well that this was the territory of another pack, and any of their human spies would take notice of another wolf.

space"You're either brave or stupid, omega. What do you want?" He began to walk, having other business to attend to. If the lycan wanted to follow, he couldn't stop him. The shade swirled around the wolf, probing at it, trying to learn its secrets. It was a cold presence, but not a threatening one, and eventually it grew bored by the omega and began seeking out potential threats in the market place, namely Ren di tutti spies, or assassins or what have you. The shade didn't care about any of these things, however, waiting for the opportune moment to take control of Luther.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm
thus always to tyrants

Wind just paced along with the stranger, shivering a bit when something cold moved around him. But it left so he just shook the feeling off as they moved through the market place.

He finally got a bit bored, though and gave a playful bark as he jumped in front of the man with his front end down and his tail wagging in the air, clearly wanting to play. So his guess was probably right on alot of scores about the wolf.

Plus, he was drawing attention to them. Probably not the most intelligent thing to do. But at least the humans were staring at the wolf with smiles, thinking that he was just a stray dog trying to find someone to play with.

With his small size, it was easy for others to mistake him for a simple dog or a dog/wolf hybrid, not a shapeshifter and certainly not a Were. Add to that his playfulness in this form, and it was easy to see why they'd think as they did.

Still, it was probably suicidal of him to draw attention to himself like this with a wolf pack already claiming the territory...

Especially when he gave another playful bark and ran off through the crowd, leaving the market place entirely.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 am
User ImageUser Image
Soren, wandering gypsy,
Dirk Luther, vampire hunter.

spaceThe two returned to the market place. There were still a few loiterers here and there, but for the most part, nightfall had left the market place deserted, save the for the bar at the end of the road. It was a dingy, two-story building covered in graffiti and very noisy. Luther scanned the exterior, seeing Soren's bike outside.

space"That's where we're headed." As they entered the filthy establishment, the shade swirled around them. As the two approached the bar, people slowly backed away. They were creeped out but they didn't know why, they just wanted to stay away. Sitting at the bar, only a little drunk, was the dirty gypsy that drove Luther in. The gypsy looked up, a huge, stupid grin on his face.

space"Luther! Who is your lovely friend?"

space"Shut up. I need you to acquire the following items." He listed them off, while the gypsy simply stared at him, shocked by how rude the vampire hunter was. Soren wanted to tell him off, but damn it, Luther was scary. He chugged the last of his drink and stumbled out. Luther sat on his now vacant stool, motioning for the girl to sit.

space"Now, let's discuss the plan."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm
thus always to tyrants

Blade had walked in barefoot with no problem, her steps embodying everything that was feline about her in unconscious movements. She'd taken the stink of the place in stride, showing no hesitation as she followed Luther in and ignored the shade for the moment.

She hesitated only briefly, when the gypsy had spoken up. But his comment about her only made her frown and look behind her, trying to find out who he was talking about. When she saw one of the barmaids moving around nervously passing out drinks, she gave a shrug of one shoulder and turned back in time to see the gypsy scuttling out of the bar.

Then Luther motioned to the stool next to him and spoke to her so she took the offered seat and leaned one arm on the bar in a movement that actually drew attention to her, something she didn't notice until the bartender nervously cleared his throat. He'd apparently braved Luther's presence to find out if they needed a drink, and to get a closer look at Blade. But when she frowned at him in clear annoyance, he simply raised his hands in surrender and moved back down the bar as she turned her brown eyes back on the man who'd brought her here.

"Let's hear what you have in mind and I'll tell you where I can fit into it," she said softly as she tucked her bare feet against the base of the stool.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
Soren, wandering gypsy,

space"These vampires I'm hunting have gone feral. Stopped feeding. Makes them all the more dangerous. The last time I went up against a feral, I walked away with half my head gone."

spaceHe set his rucksack on the bar and withdrew a leather-bound journal, filled with notes. He opened it and slid it to her, revealing everything he knew about this pair of feral vampires. It was extensive; before they went feral they were mates, once holding a low ranking position with the Ren di tutti before fleeing for unknown reasons.

space"I've tracked them to the dark forest, a cave, more specifically. We get to this cave, and if they aren't there, you sniff them out. It'll still be dark when they get there, so they may be hunting. Hopefully we can get the drop of them."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:52 pm
thus always to tyrants

Blade listened to him and checked his notes in the journal and gave him a slow nod, "Alright... That sounds workable... But that's where your shade is going to be needed too... He'll have to keep my cat focused on the vampires instead of you. Other than that, I'll have no problem helping you track them," she finally said with a shrug.

She'd already told him how feral her cat was, so the aid of the shade was actually necessary. Her agreement was a given at this point, they just needed to get going.

Which meant that she'd either shift to her cat just outside the walls or change into the clothes he'd sent the gypsy for then leave. He already had her daggers but she'd noted that he'd barely looked at them, just put them into his rucksack before they'd left.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
Soren, wandering gypsy,

space"Very well. We'll be taking Soren's motorcycle."

Just as Luther mentioned the gypsy, he came stumbling back into the bar, clutching a large brown paper bag to his chest as he sat beside them. It would be best not to ask how he managed to acquire these items at this time at night, but everything that she needed would be in there.

space"Thank you. Now, give me the keys to the motorcycle."

A little too tipsy to argue, and very frightened of Luther, Soren dug into his pockets and gave him the key. Luther took the bag and pat the gypsy on the back. He tossed some money on the bar, a thanks of sorts for Soren.

space"Good man. If I don't return in three days, I'm not coming back. Come along girl, we're leaving." They left the bar, now alone in the night, the din of the establishment slightly muted. He handed the bag to Blade.

space"Here's your change of clothes. Change quickly, we have a lot of ground to cover."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:53 am
thus always to tyrants

Once they were outside of the bar, Blade dropped into a darkened alley and put her back to Luther, blushing the entire time she changed. She couldn't help the blush, it just happened. She finished and started braiding her hair down as she moved back over to him, "You've still got my daggers, I know. I'll need them until I shift," she told him simply as she tried to make the blush go away.

What she still didn't quite understand about being a shifter, was that it wasn't being without clothes that was the problem. Not at all. For her, dressed as she was now and strapping on her daggers when he handed them to her, she was a hell of a lot sexier than when she was nude. Part of it was that she looked more dangerous, part of it was how she was covering up.

She strapped the last dagger around her left forearm and nodded to him, "Lead the way," she told him simply then grabbed his arm as she remembered something, "When I shift, have the shade keep an eye on the cat's thoughts closely. If she's going to scream, the shade'll need to protect you from it. Very few are actually immune to it," she said simply as she let him go again and looked at the motorcycle's sidecar with a frown.

She hated to be baggage on a ride. Of course, she hated the smell of these things even if she did like riding on them... She gave a small sigh and got into the sidecar anyway without another argument.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am
User Image

spaceLuther didn't really turn away when Blade changed, watching her undress. Even a grumpy corpse like him could not deny, she wasn't terrible to look at. After handing her her daggers, he untied the sword from his belt, strapping to his ruck sack so he could ride. He couldn't help but chuckle after she warned him.

space"Full of surprises, aren't you?"

He mounted the bike, keying the ignition and the bike rumbled to life beneath him. The shade, for all intents and purposes was floating around Blade, hovering around her lap. It was very interested in the hybrid, something that worried Luther. For now, he would have to push it to the back of his mind, as he throttled the gas and drove the motorcycle out of the marketplace...

(Luther and Blade exit to the dark forest...)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 pm
thus always to tyrants

Blade had spoken to her brother and had gotten good news for a change. He knew how to bind the shade and Dirk together. Unfortunately, he needed to work on the spell for about a week... That left her frustrated and anxious. Which left her cat in a bad mood and itching to get loose.

Which was why she was back at the market. She just didn't want to go into the dive bar yet and deal with the shade. He was an a*****e. He made her just itch to beat the crap out of him!

So she was leaning against the front of the building across the street from the bar glaring at it. She'd dressed with care for this one though, wearing a leather outfit Nani had taken great delight in helping her make. A leather top that was little more than a push-up bra, a pair of leather shorts that would make any male drool at her, and a pair of boots that came up to mid-thigh and laced up the back to end in steel buckles. She was also wearing daggers strapped to her forearms and thighs with others strategically hidden at the small of her back and in her intricately braided hair.

She'd given it enough time for her injuries and marks to heal up, not wanting to shade to see them and think of what else she and Dirk might have done. But she still wondered if Dirk would be able to hang on long enough for Wind to get the spell ready...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

thus always to tyrants

Unforgiving Prophet

4,600 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
SOREN ,
.GYPSY THIEF
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

spaceSoren stumbled out of the bar, bleary eyed and grinning like a fool. He was a happy man; his belly full of beer, love marks upon his neck, and a pocket full of money, and there was nothing more he could have wanted. Until he saw a beautiful young woman leaning against the building across from the bar. He sauntered over, his doofish grin turning into a charming smile (or at least he thought it was charming).

space"Well... hello there. Name's Soren... who might you be?"

spaceHe almost fell, but managed to drunkenly catch himself by propping his hand up on the wall, leaning slightly. She had knives, and even a drunken Soren knew to maintain a respectful distance. He arched an eyebrow as he waited for her response, as he had the vaguest feeling that he had encountered this girl before... he just couldn't place it...

Red Gypsy
butts

Sandman base

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas