Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chaotic Multiverse Theory

Back to Guilds

An archive of (presently on-going) crazy role-playing with a severe disregard for the laws of physics and the 4th wall. 

Tags: Digimon, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist 

Reply The Chaotic Multiverse (RP Forum)
Fullmetal Alchemist - Lost Chapters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

Following a lead that they hope will bring them closer to finally obtaining the Philosopher's Stone, the Elric brothers have board a train to yet another distant town. At the same time, a young alchemist sets out on a journey to find her older brother who has gone missing after a secret military experiment. Before his disappearance, her brother was able to smuggle out a classified research journal that the young alchemist now carries with her in the hopes that the contents might somehow aid her in finding her brother. However, the research journal contains sensitive information about alchemy that prompted the homunculi to track it to the young alchemist's hometown and she is now being pursued by Envy. Incidentally, on her way to Central to investigate her brother's disappearance, the young alchemist has boarded the same train as the Elric brothers.

It's certainly shaping up to be an interesting and very crowded train ride.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:40 pm
of course, Edward was currently yawning as he sat on the train with a sleepy expression on his face, granted he always liked trains because they were easy transportation plus he was glad to stay away from that smirking Taisa, Roy Mustang, as he looked over to his brother with a sigh "that stuff with Lior was pretty crazy, huh Al?" he asked his brother, while of course, sitting or at least propping himself up body wise was one 'Freezing Storm' Alchemist, also known as the Military's Devil, or the Devil's Alchemist, Kuukyo, who had on his typical black uniform, white buttons, something similar as he looked up from his shades lightly, showing his ice blue eyes "that's partly why you're stuck with a babysitter now, the idiots in central sent me to babysit you, fullmetal.. mendokuse-na..." of course Edward frowned a bit lightly "troublesome, it's troublesome dealing with a laidback lazy brooder you dumbass!" of course Kuukyo just snorted lightly "and you're a gaki that is too small for adult britches, get used to it." of course Edward gained multiple anger-veins "WHO'RE YOU CALLIN' AN ANT THAT IS SO SMALL YOU ONLY SEE A SPECK YOU JACKASS!!!!!" of course this led to kuukyo laughing even as Edward looked ready to swat him one with his Automail fist, as he adjusted his briefcase to be under his legs to give extra support while his feet relaxed on the seat that was empty, near Al. "Yare yare... it's always so amusing to see you blow up, Fullmetal." he made Edward fume even more at Kuukyo's laid back attitude and the smaller (note, smaller, not younger) alchemist just sat back down with steam rising from his ears "grrr... one day i'm going to kick your a** for this ice-boy..." of course Kuukyo just gave a small smile "oh my... i didn't know you played for the other team, fullmetal." of course THAT little comment got Edward paling and screaming about 'what's that supposed to mean!?!?!' and 'I'm not gay you daft jackass!' among other prominent words that left Kuukyo pretty much giving off a chuckle or three.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 pm
"Nii-san... Kuukyo-san..." Alphonse floundered to diffuse the escalating argument to no avail. "People are staring at us!" he eventually shouted at the two in exasperation.

Crystal, meanwhile, had gotten a little lost trying to find the train station and as a result she was one of the last passengers to board the train meaning that she was now struggling to find an empty seat. She spotted an empty seat in the vicinity of a certain angry blonde, a giant suit of armor, and a man dressed in military attire, but they looked to be in a heated argument so she decided to wait and see if maybe she could find another empty seat with other passengers who weren't quite so turbulent. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any other seats available in that particular car so that would mean having to make her way to one of the adjacent cars in the hopes of finding someplace else to sit.

Crystal sighed inwardly to herself and trudged reluctantly over to the group of bickering passengers. "Um... do you mind if I sit here?"

"Oh, sure!" Alphonse chivalrously scooted over to make some room. He was thankful for the diversion, hoping that by letting the girl sit with them his brother and Kuukyo might be inclined to tone down their bickering.

"Thanks," Crystal slid her own bag beneath the seat and sat down, bracing herself in anticipation that the train might start moving soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 pm
Kuukyo just sighed a bit seeing that someone was coming to sit with em, he shrugged and kicked his feet off the seat to let the girl come sit down as he just brought up a hand and waved edward off "chill down a bit." he said in amusement, causing ed to once again fume before giving off a 'che!' and sitting down again to get ready to go, while Kuukyo just yawned a bit lightly while closing his eyes, though he decided to ask about the young girl sitting with them "sorry about that, it's just a bit easy to push his buttons." he said first, while Edward gave him a death glare with a mumble of 'no good b*****d, worse than smirking taisa's..' under his breath which made a small anger-vein form on his head "edward... are you comparing me to that smiling b*****d?" he said in a frosty tone that had made his shades glint, and Edward had to gulp a bit, before sighing "no no, just other things ya b*****d." he said with a low growl, while Kuukyo just shrugged and sighed "anyway, what's your name?" he decided to ask the newcomer, while glancing to al with his more cheery ice-blue eyes a bit as if saying 'i'll stop for now, no worries.', before switching his attention to the girl, he was curious since aside from Hagane-chibi ([Edward] OI!) and his brother not many people this young were train riding without adult supervision.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 pm
"Oh, um, my name is Crystal," the girl answered quietly. She was definitely a bit nervous about something, although it actually had nothing to do with riding the train or having to explain herself to these noisy strangers. Actually, now that she'd really taken the time to look them over, the guy in the military uniform did look kind of familiar. Crystal had visited her brother in Central in the past so it was certainly possible she had met this particular military officer before, but that would have been quite some time ago. She was barely even a teenager on her last visit.

"Is this your first time riding the train?" Alphonse could see that the girl seemed nervous for some reason.

"Not exactly," Crystal answered quickly. "Although, I guess it's been kind of a long time... and I'm not really used to there being around so many people," she admitted after a slight pause.

"I don't think you have to worry too much about that. Nii-san and Kuukyo-san made such a scene earlier that the other passengers will probably just ignore us for the rest of the trip," Alphonse tried to sound reassuring rather than embarrassed, but it was hard not to find Kuukyo's antics of manipulating Edward's hair-trigger temper a little distressing. "By the way, my name is Alphonse." He was almost certain that if he hadn't been there with Edward and Kuukyo, Crystal would have been scared off by the two of them and never even asked to take that empty seat. He sighed to himself. Why did Edward have to be so immature? Not that Kuukyo was any better.

"Nice to meet you, Alphonse," Crystal relaxed a little and leaned back in her seat, glancing toward the other two. She'd certainly noticed that there weren't many kids her age traveling alone on the train. "I suppose it must seem strange for me to be traveling by myself, but I have my reasons."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 pm
Edward looked over, at least a bit calmer now as he smiled a bit "sorry about that myself, this lunkhead over here is just cramping my style, either way, my name's Edward." he said with a smile, while Kuukyo gave off a quiet eyeroll as he sat up a bit and took off his shades to let his ice-blue eyes show with a twinkle of amusement at edward's childish anger "my name as Alphonse said, is Kuukyo. Kuukyo Fushichou, i'm... their assistant for now." he said with a bit of mirth, while Ed shook his fist comically "more like babysitter." Edward responded, while Kuukyo just looked at Ed with slight amusement in his eyes still ,before looking back to crystal, pondering over the name "hmm.. Crystal... i vaguely remember that name... i think my best friend and colleague in central had a sister named Crystal, even visited her with him a few times." he said while rubbing his chin, clearly not putting two and two together just yet, while Edward snorted" sounds like you're getting senile 'old man'." of course this put another anger tick on Kuukyo's forehead, but he managed to keep from retaliating for now, oh, he'll get that Hagane-chibi back for that old man comment "either way, it's nice to meet you, are you going to visit your family?"  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:19 pm
"I guess you could say that," Crystal responded. She was still contemplating each of their introductions because the names all seemed vaguely familiar, although for different reasons. There was an obvious reason why the names Edward and Alphonse would suddenly click for her. After all, the brothers were famous throughout Amestris. "You mean, like the Elric brothers, Edward and Alphonse?" she had to ask to be sure.

"Oh, so you've heard of us?" Alphonse didn't realize just how famous he and his brother were becoming.

"Well yeah, of course I've heard of you," Crystal replied. "Edward Elric is the youngest state alchemist in history, but you both travel the country helping the people wherever you go. I'm studying alchemy myself so, naturally, I've been admiring your success for awhile now." She scratched behind her ear while looking a little embarrassed. "Although, my brother used to say he dreaded the idea of me ever actually meeting you guys because he thought Edward was a terrible influence." She sighed quietly to herself remembering why it was that she was headed to Central in the first place. "I'm sure he'd laugh if he found out about this, but the truth is, he's the one I'm going to Central to see... if I can find him. We lost contact with him several months ago and all we've heard from his colleagues in the military is that he mysteriously disappeared and that there's nothing they can do about it."

Crystal paused and stared at Kuukyo as his name finally registered to her. "Kuukyo Fushichou, the Freezing Storm Alchemist? Don't tell me you're the same guy I met who was working with Jake on his research!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:44 am
Edward of course was preening his proverbial feathers at mention of being famous, which of course led to him saying 'well, i wouldn't say i'm totally famous.." he said while looking like a preening eagle, of course, Kuukyo just glanced over to Edward with an annoyed look and tired sigh "yare yare... if you're so famous then why do i have to babysit you?" of course, cue the anger-vein on Edward, while snorting and sitting down. of course, on crystal's exclamation over his name, title, and then even using his best friend's name, which actually made him blink in mild surprise "so you -are- that Crystal? huh, small world." he said scratching his eyebrow with his index finger, an old tick he had whenever he became slightly surprised, he then glanced over Crystal a few more times in general, and smiled a bit more serenely "it's good to see you doing well though..." he almost thought to ask if she had seen her brother, but he had highly doubted it, given he hadn't heard from Jake ever since... that. anyway.

Edward just looked to the two of them before tilting his head a bit "you two know each other?" in curiosity while apparently forgetting his anger towards the freezing storm alchemist and all.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:06 am
"Well, sort of," Crystal explained. "We met a few times when I visited Central or Jake would come home for a visit. Traveling in-and-out of Central is pretty expensive if you aren't in the military though, so once his research became more classified and his visits become increasingly infrequent it's not like our parents could afford to send me out to Central just to see him. We still kept in touch with letters and phone calls until about a month ago, but then the calls and the letters just suddenly stopped coming. Our parents contacted his military superiors for an explanation, but there wasn't any. As far as they're concerned he's simply vanished. I don't know whether Kuukyo-san was in Central at the time or not, but it is a little strange to see him out in the field instead of pouring over papers in a laboratory setting."

"So wait, your brother went missing while doing research for the military and they won't tell your family anything about what happened to him?" Alphonse inquired with obvious concern. He looked to Kuukyo since he was clearly a key person in all of this. "If you were his research partner, then you must know something about what happened, right?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 am
Kuukyo just looked to the three with a curious gaze, showing no signs of any hesitation or choosing his words "well, truth be told around the time that he's disappeared, i was actually out field testing some theories around my ice alchemy that is similar to the smirking taisa's spark gloves. i've created a similar glove-set, partly the reason why i don't mind being with these two, is because it keeps me from facing the colonel should he ever find out i kinda copied his spark gloves for ice." he said while pulling out black and purple gloves, the purple being the array on the inside and back of palm in particular as he waved the air a bit creating a nice snowflake design of ice using some of the water molecules in the air creating humidity and all to float above his hand once it formed.

Edward just whistled at the work lightly "that's pretty close to circle-less transmutations." he said, while watching in curiosity and all.

Kuukyo nodded a bit lightly "true, but i still need the circles, as they're imbedded in the gloves." he then pondered a bit "as for seeing your brother, i haven't seen him since either, given after i got back from my field testing Furher Bradley sent me to keep an eye on his newest state alchemist, given he was gaining popularity, and to see if his work on circle-less transmutations is possible for any alchemist."

of course Edward winced, and looked away with an annoying glare to the window a bit lightly ".... i doubt you'd want to know the price for that."  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 pm
"But if you weren't there when Jake disappeared, what could have happened to him?" Crystal frowned. "It's not like he can perform alchemy on his own. He has a lot of good hypotheses, but he's not an alchemist. That's why he needed an alchemical research assistant."

"Is that why you've been studying alchemy?" asked Alphonse. "Did you want to help your brother with his research?"

"I kind of thought if I managed to become an alchemist that maybe he could come back and do his research from home," Crystal sighed. "But I guess it might be kind of too late for that now." She perked up a little at Kuukyo's ice alchemy demonstration. "At least for ice alchemy you just need the circle to manipulate the air currents to lower the temperature to produce the ice instead of actually needing a special fabric to produce a spark. Of course, there has to be a fair amount of moisture in the air for it to work. A hot dry area would render ice alchemy totally useless."

"It sounds like must have been studying real hard," noted Alphonse. "So then, what sort of alchemy have you been focusing on?"

"I guess you might call it earth alchemy," Crystal replied. "You know, a little bit of landscaping, a few golems, that kind of thing."

Alphonse looked to his brother before looking back to Crystal with a hint of terror. "You've made golems?!"

"What can I say?" Crystal rubbed behind her head. "That kind of thing just comes naturally to me."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 pm
Kuukyo nodded a bit lightly while sighing "while true, it does have combat capabilities if need be." he said lightly while chuckling a bit in amusement "so, how many times have you nearly blown up your house or wrecked it with those golems of yours?" he asked, apparently amused while he deconstructed the ice formation back to it's base particles.

Edward of course groaned and looked at Al "i don't think she's been doing human transmutation Al, so they probably had simple commands built in and stuff like that." he said with amusement while pondering "Earth alchemy huh? sounds interesting."

Kuukyo of course nodded, thinking back a bit "while true, your brother couldn't use alchemy himself, his work in the R&D department is quite brilliant, given he was the one who helped me further along my ice alchemy to the point i can -almost- copy that smirking b*****d." of course he then headtilted "though after i got closer on some of my other studies the Furher asked me to do field tests of using ice alchemy on objects, basically turning something's internal molecules into ice via their own humidity and so on." he sighed "thankfully he told me to not test it on live beings yet, given i've just been using trees and the like." he waved it off dismissively with a disarming smile

Edward just frowned and looked at Kuukyo "then why do people run away or start calling you the Devil's Alchemist or the Devil of the military?" he asked in pure annoyance only to get beaned by Kuukyo's briefcase.

Kuukyo just twitched an eyebrow "Hagane-chibi... that is none of your buisness." he said coldly, as if he was almost tempted to encase Edward in a block of ice for a few minutes.

of course Edward twitched when he heard the 'chibi' part, but he mentioned nothing on it for now.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:14 pm
"Hey now, I don't cause explosions with my alchemy unless it's on purpose," Crystal protested. "Besides, most of the golems I've made have been fairly small so they can't cause a lot of damage to their surroundings. I don't want to freak out my parents so I'm being careful about stuff like that. And no, I haven't been dabbling in human transmutation. Sure, I've read about it, but that stuff is taboo for a reason and I'm not inclined to challenge world's natural laws to revive the dead. The whole thing seems pretty dangerous if you ask me, especially since I'm pretty sure the actual formula I keep seeing in a lot of books doesn't even look right."

"Wait, you understand the formula?" Alphonse sounded bewildered.

"Well, kinda," Crystal replied. "I mean, I understand the theory. But the circle is all wrong. It seems less like an alchemical array and more like a portal of some kind. Truthfully, that circle kind of scares me."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:26 pm
Kuukyo of course hardened his eyes lightly hearing that, he had his own thoughts on that particular subject after... he then shook his head mentally and closed his eyes "well, if it is a portal, who knows where it goes then?" he shrugged "maybe to another world, maybe to the realm where god lives, maybe even straight to the depths of the underworld." he then opened an eye lightly "but i shouldn't have to say, that using such alchemy is not a good idea for one's life."

Edward winced hearing that, but decided to poke at Kuukyo's statement "huh, and what would you know, you've never tried it have you?" of course this got a darkened look from Kuukyo, before he got up and silently moved from his seat to an empty window seat behind them, and simply sat down to be silent from now on. Edward however just frowned a bit lightly when seeing his reaction before a hand stuck up over the seat "hai hai, i'm not the expert of 'forbidden' alchemy like you are, Hagane." he said with an emotionless tone of voice before settling down again ,causing Ed to wince, being reminded of his own -failures- at such a thing.  

Kuukyo_Fushichou
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Daredevil

28,550 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Alien Invasion 50

Crystal Mizuka

Captain

Omnipresent Traveler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm
What Kuukyo mentioned really went without saying so far as Crystal was concerned. The circle shown for human transmutation, in most cases, looked like it had been purposefully designed with a bunch of dangerous rebound circuits built into it that would probably kill an average alchemist. To come out of it alive you didn't just have to be lucky and talented, but also incredibly resilient to endure whatever punishment you suffered for even attempting it. As such, the fact that Kuukyo let it slip that the Elric brothers had attempted such a thing and survived only served to make Crystal even more impressed and sympathetic toward them.

"I guess I always kind of figured you guys couldn't have had it easy for you to even consider wanting to join the Amestrian military at your age, but I never imagined that it could have anything to do with something like that," Crystal admitted quietly.

"We're supposed to keep it a secret," noted Alphonse. "Even within the military, most people aren't supposed to know about the accident."

"I guess Kuukyo-san must not have gotten that memo," Crystal suggested. She seemed to recall that he hated actually reading through the paperwork that had a habit of piling up on his desk. "Still, you guys are definitely way different than I would have imagined. I thought for sure that the Fullmetal Alchemist would be older than me, but it looks like we're close to the same age." She looked meaningfully at Edward to give him the hint that she wasn't talking about Alphonse when she said that. "That's actually pretty cool in a way. I might even stand a chance at learning something about alchemy from you."  
The Chaotic Multiverse (RP Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff