Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] So Not Scary (Finn vs. Hel) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 pm
In-between prepping her guild for opening and her Trick or Treating duties, Hel took to combing the Haunted House for potential victims. After coming across Rep, she had high hopes she’d run into another Hunter like him. He was fun. The battles would be way more interesting if more hunters were like him.

The reaper opened a door, leading into a long rectangular hallway filled with mannequins, and she made a face. “So lame.” She muttered, slamming the door behind her and stepping up to one of them. She poked it in the stomach, and watched it wobble before she looked down at the other end of the hall. Hel took a deep breath—

“HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?”  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm
Man this really, really, super ******** sucked the biggest, hairiest balls imaginable. Finn did not want to be here. Like, he really did not have any inclination towards being put on this so called Haunted House duty that kept sending his friends and in some cases the person he was sleeping with, in the infirmary. There was a reason he'd never been here before, and it was, most simply put, avoidance. Avoidance and a knack for forging signatures on important document, statements and reports. Whatever he needed to do to get out of actual grunt work. Seriously. He could be a team player, but this just felt like a way for the higher ups to get their jollies, sending witless members of the human (okay, somewhat human) species through a portal and into a world that was apparently some kind of limbo where Halloween and said human could clash? Weren't these bastards supposed to be freaky, strong, and scary as all ********?

But no, he was here. He had to see it for himself. He had to understand what had happened to Fini and to Ripley. In both cases, from what he gleaned from the two of them, it seemed that their trials had begun when they stepped foot outside.

Well, he would just have to stay indoors then. For now, at least. If he didn't encounter anything, he might decide to venture outdoors, just for a quick peek. If anything crazy came at him, he was going to port out so ******** fast though he sweared to ******** pushed through one of the doors and ended up in a hallway full of mannquins. Okay, if any of those moved, he was gone. Call him a baby, but he wasn't going to put his life at risk in this place, alone. To be torn apart by zombie mannequins or some s**t!

The growl tore through his head and made him cringe, before he began cursing under his breath. Trynt was probably right but...that didn't make him want to do it any more.

And then something was calling out from down at the other end...or at least, he assumed the other end of he hallway. It was actually quite hard to tell how far the damn thing went, and he squinted to try and see what was yelling.

That sounds like an awful idea.

Finn sighed for what was probably the millionth time, took in a deep breath, and shouted. "HEEELLOOOOO! MY WEAPON THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA FOR ME TO SHOUT IN WHAT IS MOST LIKELY A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT AND APPARENTLY I LISTEN TO HIS SHITTY IDEAS NOW!!"

There was a lot of growling and what he could only assume was some form of dragon-language cursing going on in his head after that.

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 pm
“Oh goodie.” Came the purr from the opposite end once Hel received a reply back, and the reaper wasted no time in working her way from her end of the hall to the other. She kept an eye out between the gaps of the mannequins, incase the hunter decided to try and be stealthy and get the jump on her. A few of the mannequins would end up wobbling as Hel pushed her way through them…but the reaper was, humorously, hidden from view because she wasn’t as tall as any of the mannequins.

It was only after she came closer to the other end, where the mannequins thinned out, did she come into view, and she stepped around one, resting her hands on her hips as her eyes lidded and a smirk pulled at her lips. “I found you.” She declared, and upon laying her eyes fully on him, something nagged at her.

Seussi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:40 am
Oh well hey this wasn't creepy at all. The excited purr from so far away that he couldn't see yet could still hear clear as day. The way mannequins were now falling down left and right with no visible force sending them to the floor. Maybe it was just because he only had one working eye, but Finn was feeling a bit out of his comfort zone with this one.

Anymore bright ideas? He thought to his weapon, teeth gritting so his jaw was flexing as he made himself stand his ground, cold gaze narrowing as the toppling mannequins got closer and closer to where he stood.

Trynt snarled in response, quite put off now by his owners flippant attitude.

Finn smiled, the usual, cold smile, and did as was suggested, his hands closing around the long, lance like weapon that looked like it was straight out of a video game.

And not a moment too soon, because in that moment out strode the absolutely terrifying....

....Completely human looking gir--woman? Ya, definitely looked like a woman, with all of those curves. Wow. "Well hello there, sweetheart. You most certainly have." He let his weapon drop, butt end thudding against he floor as he leaned against it and gave her his most winning smile, while his eyes remained completely cold and empty.

The growling voice lashed out like a whipping tail through his mind. Oh come on, look at her! Or at least look at those .......Wait, is she a horseman?

<.........>

Oh wow. Great. ******** great you don't even know if she's a horseman or not. What good are you?

For Finn's part, he hadn't quite gotten past the curves to really give the woman's face a good look, yet, so he had no idea that he'd actually encountered her once before.

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm
Hel’s eyes flicked from the young man to his weapon, studying it for a moment. “I know my way around one of those~” She uttered lowly, her smirk widening as she pointed at the lance. “Do you~?” Still, that nagging feeling persisted. There was something…familiar about this one, and she heard it in the voice, but she couldn’t exactly place where yet. Shame. Well, shame he was a hunter, too, it meant she was about to beat his a**…definitely a shame, he seemed to be someone fun to look at and if his words were any indication, potentially fun to talk to as well…

The reaper slid into a fighting stance, and was getting ready to roll, whether Finn was ready to or not, because that’s what she came here for.

Seussi

Seussi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 pm
Finn's smirk only widened at her words, and he leaned forward even more. "Of course, darlin. I know my way around a lot of things." He practically purred in response, all the while Trynt was going crazy in his head, telling him to stop, to be careful, that this wasn't something he could just....hit on, like he did everything else. That was not a solution!

But Finn could see for himself what was happening, and that this woman was not just here for a little bit of playful banter. Even without Trynt's snarled warnings, he could see that she was looking to get a bit feisty with him.

With a sigh, he stepped back, and lifted his weapon up from where he'd let it rest against the floor, doing some fancy twirling-the-lance-around-his-hands maneuver to add truth to his earlier words and show her that he did actually indeed know how to use his weapon, even if he was still slightly uncomfortable with attacking things when he was half blind.

"We don't have to do this, you know, Sugartits. We could just have a nice conversation." He offered, though he didn't lower his weapon, either.

And then he finally actually looked at her face and something jolted inside of him. It felt like he should know her from somewhere, but he just...couldn't place where.

He frowned.

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-24)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm
Hel still couldn’t place where she had seen him before, but it was his voice that was really nagging at her. Where had she heard it before…waiting. Waiting around like she had been moments prior and… “Do ya?” She echoed, a bit distracted before he twirled his weapon in what she constituted as showing off. “Mmm not bad twirling that baton around~ But we shall truly see soon, ya?”

The reaper laughed at the nickname, and then grinned. “Aww, but Screecheart, only having a nice conversation is boring…why do that when I can wipe the floor with your a** and talk to you? It is much more interesting and entertaining that way!”

Finn frowned, and Hel lunged. Being a spear wielder herself, she was quite aware of the strengths and weaknesses of his weapon, and was about to play on them. She closed the distance between them, pulling a fist back and aiming to sock him in the gut.

HP: 60 / 60
DMG: 8

Seussi

Seussi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 am
"Well okay, you got me there." He flashed her a smile with the words, all the while thinking screecheart?

Ya I think I figured that much out on my own, thanks. It's still ******** bizarre.

"I'm actually one for a little more action too, myself." He didn't see the punch coming until it was too late, and he tried to move out of the way, but she was fast, and it was too late to do much except take the blow, one that would have doubled him over breathless if not for his Fear shield.

"Maybe not quite what I meant by action, darlin, but I guess some like it rough~" He mused while backing off, swinging his weapon at her in hopes of making her keep her distance.

Trynt decided to throw in his two cents again, and Finn replied with No s**t.

HP: 42
Damage: 4
Fear Charge: 1/3

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal rolled 2 12-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-24)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:50 pm
“I know.” Hel replied smugly, and then grinned. “Oh ya? Well, you might find yourself in my favorite list then~!” Her grin widened. “Not what you meant, huh…? What did you have in mind?” When Finn started to back up, Hel followed, but his weapon managed to graze her regardless. She supposed it could haven been worse.

The reaper closed the distance between them again, aiming another punch.

HP: 56 / 60
DMG: 4

Seussi

Seussi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:16 am
Finn wasn't sure he wanted to be on this woman's favorite list of anything. There was something about her that was becoming increasingly off putting, especially as she continued to advance, even after he managed to graze her with his weapon. It confused him, slightly, that she would be so hostile considering he'd had no intention on fighting her when he'd first seen her.

But this was Halloween. They were meant to be the bad guys, right? But again, he thought of Thackery, with his fluffy puppy ears and tail and his exuberantly cheerful nature. None if seemed to add up to the intermediate hunter, but he smiled anyways, not letting any of these thoughts show.

"Well, you know. I'm more into the no clothes lots of heavy breathing and sweating kind of action." He smirked, a look that slipped away when she lunged forward and punched him again, though this time not nearly so hard as the first.

"Okay I get it now. You're just giving me a few love taps first, right?" He could practically feel Trynt face palming in the back of his mind.

And since she insisted on being so close, he used his lance almost like a giant pool cue, turning it so the butt end was aimed her direction, sliding it between his hands to jab her hard with spiky points in an effort to get her to back off.

HP: 38
Damage: 8
Fear Charge: 2/3

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal rolled 9 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3 Total: 24 (9-36)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:24 am
Yeah, it really was too bad he was a hunter. She’d really enjoy bantering with him if he was of Halloween…but maybe that was just another incentive to keep roaming about the Haunted House. Such a fun human! Just like Rep. “Oooh…you do not say~” Hel grinned. “With me, huh?” She laughed. “Oh, ya, obviously…I mean, why bother if I break you in a fight!” The reaper let out a grunt though as he butted her with his weapon, and it did indeed throw her back.

She was quick to get back to her feet, rolling to a stand, though looking no less confident than she did before. Instead of lunging back at him though, a dark spell circle appeared underneath Hel’s feet, and she raised a hand to point at him. The reaper murmured something before her grin widened, and from the spell circle a large raven took form, and barreled through the Hunter.

HP: 48 / 60
DMG: T3 Battle Cry: 21

Seussi

Seussi rolled 1 8-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:57 am
<******** hell. She was crazy! Finn didn't like this talk about breaking him. He didn't even really want to fight so much as he had wanted to explore and try to figure things out. This woman clearly wasn't interested in letting him go about his business, and it was beginning to irritate him.

I'm going to leave.

I'm very well aware that I signed the paperwork and that considering that, this expression is completely meaningless but I'm going to say it anyways.

"I didn't sign up for this particular brand of s**t." His smile smile had slipped away completely now as she sent something dark hurtling at him. Something large and raven like that slammed into him, though he held Trynt tightly in front of him in two hands, he still found himself slammed up against a wall, and suddenly despite a shield, his everything hurt.

"Now now, cupcake."He gasped out between gritted teeth. "I don't think that was really necessary. I mean, I'm no stranger to a bit of rough and tumble before the fun really begins, but that was a little overkill. How about we start over, hrm? Here, I'll even introduce myself. I'm Finn. Finn Connor." He pushed himself away from the wall, everything about his face looking as cold and stiff, for once matching the chilly look in his eyes.

Despite the fact that he didn't immediately go back on the attack, he still held Trynt in front of him, carefully watching his apparent adversary.

HP: 17
Defending self for: 7
Fear Charge: 2/3

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Lucyal rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-24)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:45 am
“You take what is handed to you.” Though Finn’s smile had disappeared, Hel’s didn’t. She also didn’t miss the sudden change in demeanor, either. Though to her, that meant she had the upper hand, and this hunter wasn’t feeling as confident as he first felt…but as to be expected. Hel knew she had the upper hand this entire fight thus far.

“No such thing as overkill, Finn~” Hel wasn’t interested in pausing though, and as he brought up his weapon to defend, the reaper closed in on him again, tapping it with a fist to test this defense, and doing no damage. But she was also back where she wanted to be. Up in the hunter’s personal space. “And it is not cupcake, it is Hel.” She pressed on his weapon, seeing if she could get him to budge. The reaper tilted her head up at him. “If you did not come here to battle, then what did you come here for?”

HP: 48 / 60
DMG: 0

Seussi
/disowns Hel for bad roll

Seussi rolled 4-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm
With her prod against his defense came the familiar growl of his weapon in his mind. The moon intermediate gave a verbal nod, his hands tightening on his lance as he took a step back and smirked at the woman.

"Well, Hel, if you must know, I simply came here to observe. And while the scenery I encountered is quite lovely, it also seems to be trechorous." Suddenly he began spinning his weapon in front of himself, the magenta runes along its length glowing brighter as soon the lance was nothing more then a blur of white and pink, before he tossed it in the air above him.

It hovered there for a time, spinning, creating a cyclone of air that closed in around Finn, whipping and tousling his hair, ruffling his clothing, until it settled around him like a second shield, though this one was only visible by a faint shimmer of pink that rippled across its surface, and Trynt fell from above to land back in his hand.

He hoped it was enough to hold her back. He wondered if it would even matter. She didn't seem like she was very willing to stop.

"So. Know any horsemen named Shaheen?" He asked, conversationally, still unsure of what this woman was but leaning a little more towards Reaper now.

Code:

T3 Barrier in effect!: 15/15
HP: 17
Damage: n/a
Fear Charge: 0/3 -1/2 t3 barrier used

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Seussi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm
Sigh dice sigh (rolling again for above)  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff