Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Teacups and Cheshires [Mengfen] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 pm
She had owed Mengyao a story and an explanation, since she had originally put it off while they were brought together to listen to Death tell them about other options beyond killing humans for FEAR.

Clearing her throat, she had wandered to his abode, figuring it would be much easier for her to relay what she had . . . well, seen? Dreamth? She was still a little uncertain about what it was exactly - it had felt just as real as the event with the seven kings, and even that was constantly considered something that didn't happen by a rather large percentage of those that she talked to.

Even if she knew they had been there.

Regardless, she knocked on the Noble's door lightly, before allowing herself in to the threshold.

"Mengyao, are you in?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:14 pm
The door opened rather quickly to reveal that Mengyao had not actually sat down since entering his home. The only thing he clearly had done was to change out of his several layers of robes in favor of a much more simpler dark blue tunic that draped down to his knees and matching pants. A few gold pins were twisted in his hair, keeping it pinned at the back of his head and making it so the grey on his face stood out much more without anything to half conceal it.

While he didn't seem in high spirits (he rarely did), he merely gave Lifen a small nod in greeting and then stepped aside, gesturing for her to enter.

"Come in," he said simply, his arm outstretched.

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:29 pm
A small smile played on the artisan's face when she caught him bustling around a little bit in his 'at home' clothes (as compared to the layers upon layers he usually wore). It was nice, and a private joy she got to see - a more personal side to the Noble.

The feeling lasted for a moment, before a strange confusion washed over her, and closing the door behind herself, she walked up to him and went to pat him once on the chest, checking to see if he would become a Jabberwocky. She couldn't tell if she actually was awake again, considering she had spent what felt like two weeks or so in a dream that apparently only lasted a night.

After a short moment, she decided that he wasn't going to make her respawn or anything, she let a soft content sigh out, patting him again, (this time more out of affection), before relaxing a bit, and going to sit down in a chair, feeling like she needed the break.

"I suppose I owe you a explanation for all the peculiar moods floating around, mm?" She started, tilting her head. "It is a little hard to believe, but we have been through a fair amount of things." A pause, before shaking her head. "Many of us, from all factions, had a very, very long dream . . . it was not pleasant." She decided to start with, going to look up at him.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:22 pm
He felt as though he had not seen her in ages, though he saw her nearly every day as it was. Lifen's presence relaxed him, made the voices in his head subside somewhat, and it was she and only she who had ever managed to break through the exterior that he had spent so long cultivating. Mengyao supposed he could include Lan in his circle of friends, and there was Yuzhi, of course; but it was only Lifen that he had let in close to his heart.

He reached out and caught her hand before she could sit down. Silently, Mengyao pulled her gently towards him and bent down to press a light, gentle kiss to Lifen's lips before he moved back and let go.

"A dream?" he repeated, bemused as he sat upon the bed. "What sort of dream?"

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:54 pm
A little sigh escaped the horsewoman when she was kissed before she sat down, a smile tugging on her face and a blush showing up over her, still not used to the affection, but didn't regret it. Thinking lightly as she decided where to start with her conversation, she started to worry the edge of her familiar fabric, but she was feeling rather calmed, finally around Mengyao again after what they had gone through.

"I am sure you remember the Gold Kingdom." She started, figuring familiarity would breed comfort. "Something like that. It was a fairy-tale like wonderland - something about a child named Alice falling down a hole, chasing a rabbit." She figured, kind of shrugging her shoulders.

"It was based like a game - everyone was some kind of rank - themed over the story. I was a Dormouse - like a healer. I got a giant needle, my name was Golden." She bemused a little, smiling. But, the smile didn't last a bit, before she seemed to be thinking of something. "It was corrupt though. Attempting to steal us forever."

This was a good start.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 pm
A partial smile tugged at the corners of Mengyao's lips that made it look like he was almost smirking. "Yes, I recall the Gold Kingdom," he said dryly. "Quite well, actually, seeing as how I was the King of that land and you were my Queen," he added, with only the faintest trace of a blush to his cheeks. "A fitting role, I must admit."

The rest of what Lifen was saying, however, Mengyao did not understand. His brows furrowed together, he leaned back a little on the bed and idly tugged at a strand of his dark hair. "Alice," he repeated, and the word sounded foreign on his tongue. "A strange name. I don't know anything about an Alice."

He paused, and then said carefully, "Were you stolen?"

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:10 pm
"I did what I could." She stated, a little bluntly, but there was a coy little smile with the words, showing that she meant it light. As per the question, she gave a little shrug.

"It was peculiar - "Alice" was a machine, who wished to replace us with replicas, to take over our lives." She admitted, going to lightly air-quote the name with her fingers. "She created the world to keep us somewhere, but I can assure you, I am the Authentic Lifen. I would not have allowed anyone to replace me." Lifen stated, giving him a daring look, as if daring someone to try.

"I was not stolen, but I did get married, accidentally."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:24 pm
While Lifen was speaking, Mengyao had risen from the bed to make his way over to the little side table on one side of his home. Hands moving restlessly, he'd settled for using them to make tea instead of sitting, and it was easier to concentrate on the words while keeping himself occupied.

"A machine," he mused, "that sounds rather...terrible. Not to mention quite horribly shoddy. Did they have no other options?"

The last bit was said half to himself, Mengyao tapping a finger thoughtfully against the side of a teacup. His eyes flickered towards Lifen, catching her expression, and the corners of his lips tilted upwards in an amused smirk.

"I should have liked to see anyone try to replace you," Mengyao said, turning back to the tea. "You are quite feisty and strong willed."

He was just tipping the powder into the kettle when the rest of what Lifen had said caught up to him, and there was a sharp crash as he dropped one of the teacups. Thankfully, it didn't break, but it did hit the side of the kettle and roll aside, spinning until Mengyao grabbed for it.

He turned to Lifen.

"I beg your pardon?"

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:11 pm
His musing about the ALICE AI made the horsewoman give a little shrug, sitting back a bit in to her chair as she thought about it, eyes lidding softly.

"I am not aware, but she was insistent. There were two queens - one of Destruction, one of Grief. I was with Destruction, but Grief won out, also." She admitted, musing a little further. She felt bad for both of the queens - they had done so much and meant a lot to the land, and they had destroyed them so easily.

The sound of crashing brought her outside of her thoughts though, mismatched eyes lit up as she looked down at the tea cup that had been dropped. Going to stand to assist with the disaster, she caught his stare that she was receiving. he looked completely confused and maybe slightly aggressive - she realized that maybe she should have elaborated a little.

"There was a side quest - it was a beautiful little hall filled with dormice. They assumed whoever was coming in together were there to marry. Too busy, I suppose." She started, giving him a shrug, showing it wasn't too serious. "Lan and I were there together, and they assumed we were to wed. So they sort of . . . pushed us through the vows and the like. We got a ring, but it was all for show, on both behalves." She answered, going to close the gap a bit. "I made sure not to go there again, so it wouldn't happen more than once."

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm
Mengyao was no longer paying attention to what Lifen was saying, instead focused entirely on the "marriage" that she had just spoken of. He had not ever considered the prospect of marriage, not really, but he had just assumed that Lifen and he would be together for quite a long time to come. Perhaps he had overthought this, or perhaps he had assumed too much; after all, they saw each other quite often but Mengyao had never been one to show much physical affection, and maybe that had meant that Lifen was interested in another, or that she had never considered them to be together in the first place.

"Was it Soren?" he asked abruptly, his expression flat as he turned to look at her, only slightly startled to find that she had risen from her seat to stand next to him. "I have no doubt of his affections towards you, and he has often been found to be by your side, even when I am not around."

His tone was less aggressive than it was and almost hurt, the look on Mengyao's face a strained one as he pressed his lips together. He opened his mouth to say something else, but Lifen's explanation made him stop, Mengyao's obvious assumption about what had happened beginning to crumble.

And now he felt foolish for his outbreak. Mengyao turned away from Lifen to stare mutely at the ruined tea, his fingers curling against the palms of his hands as he laid them on top of the table.

"...forgive my outburst," he muttered. "I did not realize."

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm
Soren?

What a strange name to come up with. Listening to him ramble, the little horsewoman's head tilted to the side, as if willing to listen to him - no matter how peculiar the thought was. Yes, he was often near her, but it didn't mean that they related the same way that Mengyao and she did. Mengyao was very special, more so than anyone.

"Not at all. I have no interest in Soren romantically - if anything, I consider him a ward. Someone to look over." She answered, going to lightly place a hand on the Noble's own, lightly rubbing the clenched grey hands. "I am not fickle enough to just wander away with someone else, I have you, and I am very content with what I have." She stated, very matter-of-fact like. She continued the soothing action, before going to find a small towel to clean up the tea he had dropped, continuing.

"Although, I will warn you that Lan will probably try to tease you about being to marry me first, even if it was for show." She stated, awarding him a light laugh as she stood up, discarding the towel as she finished.

"So, no worries."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:14 pm
He felt rather ridiculous for having jumped to conclusions, but at least he now understood the extent of Lifen's feelings towards the stallion. Mengyao chanced a glance at her, feeling her fingers touch his, and he did not pull away, at least not yet. Lifen's voice was soft and affectionate, but with a rather firm and undeniable truth to it.

Mengyao straightened and reached for Lifen's hand, his fingers curling around her thin wrist. He wasn't quite facing her, but he wasn't quite turned away either, seemingly stuck halfway in the middle of doing both of those things simultaneously.

"Do you love me?" he asked, the question surprising even himself, but once the words were out, he felt an almost uncontrollable urge to know the truth.

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:41 pm
She watched him as he mulled with his internal voices again, being as calm and collected as she could be. He seemed to calm down when he decided that Soren was not an immediate threat to his position in Lifen's life, but, she could tell that he still had his little bits of turmoil.

He always would, and she had resigned to caring for him for as long as it took. The question, though, took her off guard.

She looked up to him again, from the position of his hand on her wrist, eyebrows raising a little at the simplicity of the question. It was almost preposterous that he was confused about it. Lifen quietly went to go and place her free hand on the one at his wrist, nodding.

"Of course, I love you more than anything." She answered, a quick, clean one - without any pretense. "You are my best friend, and someone who I have cherished since childhood. It would be silly to think any other way." She stated after, giving him a curt nod.

Kuroopu
/kirakira

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:39 pm
Hearing her say the words aloud brought some relief to Mengyao, though it did not entirely alleviate everything. He watched her carefully, her fingers warm and gentle as they lowered over his own, and her expression was calm, her words quiet and straightforward.

A noise of frustration escaped Mengyao's throat. He pulled his hand away from Lifen and set it against her face, sliding it down the curve of her neck, grey fingers pressed against her throat in a gesture that was not aggressive, but merely tender.

"That's not what I meant," he said, his voice a low growl. His other hand came up to the other side of her face, mimicking the first. "I asked you if you love me, and you said yes, but that's not the answer I want."

A strange possessiveness had come over him, a terrible sense of irritation as the voices buzzed around his head. Mengyao pressed his lips together in a thin line.

"I asked," he said, "if you love me. If you will give yourself to me always, if you will stay with me through anything and everything, if you will set your life aside mine. I asked you if you are in love with me, not as a best friend, but as a man."

Nerpin
emotion_kirakira

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm
The noise of frustration made her tilt her head very slightly, looking at him with a curious look. It was a sudden change, he had a fire in his eyes that made her wonder if she had said something incorrectly. Grey tinted fingers softly pressed against her face, and trailed down her neck, spreading goosebumps down her neck and arms.

It wasn't the answer he wanted? Did she love him, truly, as a man? It was a serious set of questions that he asked. This was forever he was talking about, and, admittedly, Lifen never thought much about forevers, considering the present they were always fighting with.

Mismatched eyes stared up at him for a few moments, thinking the questions over, before going to softly lift delicate hands to grasp his tunic collar, pulling him close enough to kiss him again, this time more seriously that previously.

"I do. I have for a while now - loved you as a man." She answered, giving him a curt nod, "I always will - I know it will be a long, hard road - it already has been, but I am more than set on being by your side, no matter the situation. Do you love me as a woman, then?" She shot back to him, raising an eyebrow calmy. Quid pro quo, Mengyao.

kuroopu
User Image

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas