Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] A Chance Enounter [Darren x Yvette] [X] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:34 pm
Darren Vaughn was many things.

A late sleeper however, was not one of them. So when he awoke - later than usual (the sun already having risen) groggy and feeling completely hag ridden, he rubbed his eye for a moment and wondered for a moment if the dream he had experienced had been some ploy of his mother's to dig up information as to why he had been so absent from sending her any sort of information on to the goings on of himself or Rosy.

The odd thing was, it didn't really fit her usual style of nightmare torture she'd usually foisted upon him, so he was quick to just dismiss it as a very peculiar dream. After all - what ghoul would accept to go out on a date with him?

Yeah - it had to have been a dream.

He rolled out of bed, going to the trouble of making it as he ignored the loud goings on outside the dorm. He wasn't in the mood to be forced to do much of anything today - which was odd - normally he would have jumped at the chance to be given a purpose, but for some reason he just - wasn't feeling it today.

It must have been the dream - he was annoyed at the false hope he had given himself in it. That there was a ghoul out there that might actually like him. He doubted it. His mother had gone to great lengths to inform him on just how inferior a male he was - and his lacking qualities. It had stuck pretty firmly. He'd just... never really tried.

But Rosy had said they no longer had to listen to their mother - which was a valid point. It wasn't like he HAD to go back to the Coven. He would if Rosy did - he'd already decided that. But as far as any other potential future...

He knew what he'd really like to do - but he wasn't sure he had the talent or skill to do it...

Once his bed was made he made sure all his minis were taken care of - feed, watered and the like. Then he let them out of their kennels so they could go about their usual routine.

Then he put on his usual outfit - a long white shirt and overalls that were about two sizes to big, then slapped on his hat and ensured that his hair covered the empty socket that had once housed his right eye. Then he headed out of his dorm, not bothering to lock it behind him.

He didn't have anything of value anyway, his eyePhone sat in his overall pocket and if someone really wanted it that badly he'd give it to them. He only really used it to stay in touch with his sister.

He'd debated texting her - even calling her - to talk about his dream but decided against it. Instead he headed out toward a less traveled part of campus. He wanted to be alone. He needed to clear his head and try and figure out this dream.

Hopefully he wouldn't run into anyone - since he was poor company about then.

So he headed for the library, the one place he knew most students wouldn't be bothering to go about then, lost in thought, and paying no attention to his surroundings.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:10 pm
Yvette had woken up in her bed with a start, for once all too glad to be awake and back in reality as she simply sat there in silence to collect her thoughts based on what she could remember of the dream she had. Darren Vaughn. He was a Year One like her and she was promised a date if she seek the boil out in school. She would do that. Might as well get him to show her around and turn it into something useful for her at the same time since she had skipped out on the orientation programme she was supposed to attend last week on the pretext of feeling a little under the weather.

Bad move on her part but she wasn't exactly in the mood for settling into a new place back then since she was fuming over the fact that Hywel had decided for once to take something that concerned her into his own hands without giving a hoot as to what she thought about it. She would somehow get back at him for that some day. For now, she needed food and she could only hope that the rest of the school didn't all decide to swarm the cafeteria at the same time.

Slipping out of bed to wash up and make herself look presentable, she grabbed her pouch of silver seeds and set off for the school cafeteria. As she made her way through the school grounds in her current famished state, she found herself unable to focus on anything in particular short of the growling from her tummy, totally ignorant of the presence of the undead boil who was coming from her side until the both of them eventually collided and she was suddenly sent sprawling on the ground, the glass bead bracelet that she wore on her left wrist shattered entirely from the impact of the fall.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm
The impact was not enough to send the boil sprawling onto his own bottom, but it was enough to jar him out of his daze and realize that the world was inhabited by others than himself. Turning to look around to see what he'd run into, he looked down at the lithe slyph he'd knocked over.

He dropped to a knee, reaching a hand out to help her up. "Sorry about that," he said. "Are you hurt?" He was worried she'd fallen really hard on her behind and he hoped she didn't have anything in that particular area that could break like a tail.

He watched her with his singular eye, the ragged hole of his right covered by his hair as he tilted his head to try and look her over more. "I'm really sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be coming this way, not with all the commotion that is going on. I wasn't paying attention and didn't see you."

Still no excuse, at home he'd of earned a good cuff to the ear for that one. But, he wasn't at home, so he was able to prevent the reflexive flinch to a degree, converting it to a wince.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 am
For a moment, Yvette simply remained seated on the ground and in a daze, staring dumbly at Darren's hand as her mind tried to process what had just happened to her along with its end result. Letting the undead boil help her up, she shook her head in response to his question of her well being, looking him over with an unreadable expression on her face before focusing her gaze on what was left of the bracelet that was on her left wrist.

"M-my bracelet..." She stammered then, chewing on her lower lip as she flailed and gestured frantically towards her wrist so as to indicate to Darren the exact source of her distress.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:51 am
Her bracelet? Darren wasn't really sure why she was freaking out over it. He frowned, squinting at it with his eye and trying to figure out why she was flailing her arms around like he'd caused her some sort of physical distress. He hadn't done anything to her bracelet that he could think of.

"I'm sorry?" He asked, raising a brow slowly as he spoke. "I'm not quite sure what you mean."

He really didn't understand why she was freaking out - it couldn't have cost that much.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:11 pm
Oh come on. Was he serious?

Yvette was trying to decide if the undead boil standing before her was truly slow up in his head or simply trying to feign ignorance on her so as to avoid taking the rap for something he was, in her opinion, mostly responsible for. "It broke during the fall..." Willing herself to calm down and stop her arm flailing, she slowly stretched her hand out towards Darren with the intent of showing him what was left of the shattered glass bracelet that was on her wrist. She wasn't hurt obviously but that didn't mean that she wasn't upset over the loss of a cheap yet pretty accessory that she had grown rather fond of.

"It was my favourite. Hy... Daddy went to great lengths to get it custom made for me." She was lying through her teeth on that last bit of course. And if all that weren't enough for the boil to comprehend the gravity of the situation he had just landed himself in, the glistening tears that were beginning to well up in her eyes and the accompanying sniffling ought to do the trick in a bit.

There was no way the sylph ghoul was going to let Darren get away lightly with this.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:19 pm
Ah, so that was the problem. So apparently it wasn't a cheap trinket like he'd originally thought. Not that Darren as really in the knew when it came to jewelry and the like - but he did know one thing, he as broke and he doubted he could afford to replace it.

"I'm sorry," He said, bowing his head a little and meeting her teary gaze, reaching out to look at the shattered glass, his hand gently cupping the trinket before moving away.

"I didn't mean to cause you any trouble, or distress - or to break any of your possessions. Is there anything I can do to help you feel better?"

He did feel bad, and he didn't want her to cry. "Please don't cry, I'll do whatever you need me to to make amends..."

He didn't want to make any enemies after all.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:18 pm
"I know you didn't do it deliberately... but..." Yvette wiped at her eyes and nose with her hands. So it seemed that Darren was the slow to catch on to things type rather than one to shirk his responsibilities - thank Jack for that since it certainly made things much more simpler on top of being easier to handle on her end. In fact, she would even go as far as to say that she had this entire situation in the bag with things turning out exactly how she wanted them to.

"... I... I'm new here. I don't know anyone and I missed the orientation that was supposed to be last week." A pause in between for air and to rub at her nose with the back of her hand. "Will you... help me get settled in and stuff..?" Oh she had every intention of turning this into something way more than she was letting on at this point but the unsuspecting boil didn't have to know that.

Yet.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm
Was that all? Darren was pretty sure he would be able to do at least that much for her. It wasn't like he hadn't been in the same situation when he'd arrived at Amity. He nodded slowly.

"Sure, I can help you," He said gently. "There really isn't that much you need to worry about, but I can show you around and help you get settled."

He liked helping people, so he might as well lend her a hand.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:56 am
There was no doubt in Yvette's mind at all that the boil would say yes to her request. He was eager to make amends and she simply gave him a chance was all. "Y-You will? That's a relief to hear really. Thank you..." She rubbed at her eyes and nose again, trying to make herself look more presentable before offering him a small smile.

"So what's your name and which year are you in? Mine's Yvette."

Now that all that had gone exactly as planned, she would work on getting to know him better next. The more she knew about how he ticked, the better her chances of getting him to do her bidding in the days to come. The sylph was totally looking forward to all that.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:04 pm
"My name is Darren, I'm still a first year," He chuckles and shakes his head slowly. "But that won't prevent me from helping you out, I've been here awhile, I am just taking my time."

Well that was the lie he told himself anyway. He knew he didn't have the intellect or skill his sister or others had, so he knew he was going to take far longer to progress than they did - but he would make do.

"It is nice to meet you Yvette, I would just hope it were under better circumstances." He nodded his head politely.

"So, uhm, where do you need to go?" He asked her, not sure what dorm she was staying at or what her current plans had been.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 pm
Darren. Did he really just say that his name was Darren? Could it be..? It felt as if her heart had stopped when the boil introduced himself as simply Darren without a last name, the memories of her conversation with WalkingMeatShield in the tavern flashing in her mind as she looked him over and wondered if they were one and the same individual. "I see. It's a pleasure making your acquaintance Darren. You seem like a really nice boil despite the circumstances that we met in."

Giving him a small smile, she decided to hold onto that thought without acting on it for now. Surely the truth would come to light at some point in the days ahead given the amount of time they were going to spend together if she got her way with him. "If we have any classes in common, we could perhaps study together and help each other..?" She offered cheerily before lifting a finger to point in the direction of her intended destination with a wink.

"The Creepateria... though I suppose that that's where everyone else is headed for at the moment isn't it?" They were going to get along fine. She would personally make sure of it.

Torvil

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 am
"Probably," Darren replied, looking toward the Creepateria as if expecting a herd of students and faculty to be storming toward it right that instant. Shaking his head slowly, he ran his hand slowly down his face.

"I was heading to the library for some peace and quiet," he finally added. "But if you really want to head to the Creepateria, we can go there. I'm not particularly hungry but if you wanted to eat I guess it wouldn't hurt to stop for a bit."

He honestly didn't care - he just needed OUT of his dorm. If he stayed there much longer he'd start to put down roots and he wasn't even remotely plantlike.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Perhaps Yvette was doing things wrong. Maybe it was just her. But Darren didn't seem to be biting the way she expected most boils to the moment she started to flirt with them.

"If you don't mind, perhaps we could stop by the Creepateria to grab something real quick before the crowd storms in then adjourn to the library as you had originally intended to..?"

Perhaps he was the type to be slower than others on the uptake when it came to things like this. Nothing that spending some time together couldn't help with in this case.

Torvil
Small tag to move things along... orz

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:53 pm
Darren blinked at her for a moment before shrugging. "Yeah, I guess that works." He wasn't really in the mood to argue for one, and for two it gave him a reason to keep walking with her.

She was a cute ghoul - cute ghouls didn't talk to him like that. She wasn't doing anything wrong - he just didn't know how to flirt, it wasn't in his mind that he had to reply in kind or anything.

In his mind, if you liked someone you just needed to come out and say it. But then again he was pretty socially awkward as it was - so it probably wouldn't ever happen.

"This way," he said softly, motioning for her to follow so she could at least get there untrampled.

baby_gwing

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces