Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] MAWAGE (Lan and Meng) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:09 pm
She had invited him for tea that month. It was nearly ritual. Once a month, tea. Or a walk in the garden.. Or maybe just time spent together while they recorded scrolls. In the end, Lan and Mengyao would meet, chat, catch up, or just enjoy each others company...as best they usually did- by making snarly commentary at each other.

Yet Lan was.. happy. Despite the whole events with the shadow king and queen recently, Lan was rather happy. She had found a nice horseman, was slowly becoming more adept at her own powers- And she had a thing with which to tease her dear friend with from the events of wonderland.

The flowing leaves floating in the glass teapot, both decoration and bursting with sweet flavor.
She even went so far as to get Mengyao's preferred set of teaware from her collection.

Because she wanted to savor how he might take the recent 'tie' to Lan.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 am
It was with some reluctance that he decided to honor his agreement to meet Lan for tea, half because Mengyao was feeling slightly less pleasant towards the horsewoman after having discovered that she had "wed" his soon-to-be wife; and half because he would have to actually admit to Lan that he had finally asked Lifen that particular question, and he was not entirely certain that he wanted to hear the answer.

Still, he went, because it was a set upon arrangement, and he was nothing if not loyal to his promises, all evidence to the contrary not withstanding.

So he came to Lan's door and knocked, his expression wary and vaguely tense.

istoleyurvamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm
Getting up, Lan was excited for their little meeting. But then, she was Lan, who did so enjoy to tease and snark with her friend. It was their freindship- snark and sass and the strange form of near a sibling like state in how they acted- ever trying to one up each other, ever being reminders of each others flaws while yet gently embracing that which set them apart.

It was friendship. Even if neither had ever much voiced it as such.

"Mengyao." Lan's door was opened for her, the attendant bowing and Lan only smiling. "Tea I thought best by the gardens today. The flowers are returning to bloom, and the sun will keep the wind's chill from us. I hope that my choice will not disappoint?"

kuroopu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 pm
Mengyao offered Lan a slight smile before stepping into Lan's abode, smoothing down the front of his robes as he did so. He ducked his head and torso in a polite half bow before straightening again, slanting a curious gaze towards Lan.

"Your choice is fine," he said lightly. "I would be happy to dine by the gardens."

And maybe not have to discuss what will inevitably be discussed.

istoleyurvamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:26 pm
Thrilled hardly covered her feelings.
She was going to be able to tease him and maybe see just how much he'd be miffed to find Lifen had fake married and from that see feelings and tease him more and him and Lifen-

He really needed to up his courtship of her. Really. It was past due.

Leading him to the setting, she invited him to sit, taking her own place.

"Anything new?"

It began.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm
Mengyao took a very long time to answer the question, gently lifting up his cup of tea and taking a long swallow, after which he set it slowly back down and slowly smoothed down the front of his robes and slowly nudged the cup and saucer back into their proper place.

He cleared his throat.

"Nothing much, dear cousin. And yourself?"

istoleyurvamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:08 pm
The slowness was nothing knew. It irked her. It irked her just about as much as his damn fan did but she knew it was so distinctly him. Under her skin, the jerk of jerk, yet her ever persistently annoying friend.

Taking a sip of her tea she froze mid way as he spoke. then in her own measured movements. set her cup back down.

"......"

She wasn't sure to feel mortified, terrified, appalled, or disgusted. Because cousin would mean only one thing.
He'd wed into the direct imperial line.
Lifen was not his first wife. Yes it made political sense but- Lifen and he were such a match. Even she knew that. A first wife to be one of pure love was so symbolic for him to have forsaken that for politics was-
and now. Now either he was closer to the throne than her or behind her and that was it's own horrible aspect. Killing to climb ranks. Buttering up, allegiances- politics could get nasty is more ways than one.

"..............................So who was it." She looked him dead in the eye.
"Which harpy cousin of a woman managed to sink her talons into you for a marriage? How could you?" Lan look a deep breath anger slowly creeping into her tone. "I bet you didn't even consider the implications- Mengyao you realize what this means? What a simple LUNCH can signify with you? I-" She stared at him. "Had this been planned for long?"

How could he just marry into her family and not think to even tell her?
kuroopu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:13 pm
Mengyao took a long swallow of his tea and said nothing for a very long time and simply let Lan rant on for several more minutes until he finally lowered his cup and set it gently back in its saucer, making sure it was neatly arranged before he carefully folded his hands into his lap and looked Lan straight in the eye. Then he said, as calmly as possible and with the absolute straightest, most laid back voice imaginable,

"Invictus."

iStoleYurVamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:33 pm
Lan's eyes snapped open.
Slowly, oh so slowly, she scooted a bit away from him before bowing her head to the floor.

"Forgive my earlier rudeness I- I had no idea."

kuroopu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:27 am
He took another delicate sip of tea.

"We've been hiding it for quite some time," said Mengyao casually, running a finger along the rim of his teacup. "I suppose he thought people would disapprove, both of the fact that we are both, in fact, male, and that I am of a lower status than he is. However, circumstances have changed, and he and I have both agreed that it is time to come forward with and be unashamed of our partnership."

istoleyurvamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 am
She stuttered. Lan actually stuttered. "There is nothing to be disapproving of! I mean, it is not uncommon from the lords to have male lovers- and I mean, if that is what his highness chooses then it should be so. Why would- I am sure with as blood as strong as his and your's as well, all foals would carry the imperial horns!"

She had been terrible. Everything would change now. It had to. Mengyao was a 'wife' to Invictus? His rank was over her own by moons, and the political implications of their past friendship would no doubt be called into question.

It also meant-
Oh gods above if Mengyao ever found out about her infatuation with someone outside the clan- Invictus might not care but he would but Mengyao would be expected to handle her and get involved and-
Mengyao could order her to find a husband or find one for her.
"Hey, hey you're not going to, you know, start playing match maker for us mares of family are you?"

If he did then she was definitely going to play her Lifen hand like it was real because she did NOT want to wed a stranger.

So far the lunch had already turned her entire plan to tease into a mental political time bomb.
kuroopu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 am
He wondered how long he could keep this charade up. There was something deeply satisfying about leading her on this wild chase of assumptions, especially considering their own statuses in the world, and Lan's close ties with the Heir of Conquest.

Mengyao was enjoying this far too much.

He arched a single brow.

"Well," he said thoughtfully, tapping a long gray finger against his chin. "I suppose I shall have to find suitable matches for those of the royal bloodlines. Perhaps you should make a good mare for that stallion, what was his name..."

His gaze slid sideways towards her.

"Oh, but is there a reason you are so concerned with the marriages, dear Lan?"

iStoleYurVamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 am
Lan was still flustered, mind racing to deter Mengyao for this horrible line of thought. She didn't care she was an old maid by conquest standards. That by all accounts she should have had at least one foal in her basket by now. She didn't care, her perogatives were not to be a breeder- she held the want to lead, to see war and revenge and justice upon hunters and humans alike and-

"No! I- I-" She'd never been more grateful for the invading dreams then until; that moment.

"You needn't concern yourself with my house! I did wed, very recent too. Lifen. That is, my first wife is Lifen."

Lan tried to sit back and relax, but her teacup shook slightly in her hand.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 am
And there it was: Lan's confession. Mengyao had been waiting for it, and now that he had it, it gave him a terrible sense of smugness.

Slowly, Mengyao set down his teacup, arranging it delicately on the saucer. He pushed himself to his feet and smoothed down the front of his robes, gliding around to stand behind Lan, reaching one hand out of his draping sleeve to pat her reassuringly on the shoulder.

"There, there, my dear," he said lightly. "I'm aware of your marriage to Lifen. In fact..."

He leaned closer, his face right next to hers to whisper in her ear.

"That is precisely why I have spun this ridiculous tale of untruths."

iStoleYurVamps

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:10 am
Oh gods, here it would come. The affirmation that she'd be punished for not having a proper ceremony not getting it approved or seeking counsel and-

He was moving like a predator, the teacup in hand shaking worse.

Until he told her it was a ruse.

The teacup tilted, tea spilling onto the mat and Lan stared blankly in front of her.

A pause, she set the tea cup down.

"Everything you just told me- was a lie."

She didn't move yet.

"A ruse."

Her head turned to face him, anger in her eyes yet a very calm voice speaking- "I'm going to rip your tongue out you horrible a*****e of a horseman."

She attempted to slap him.

"HOW COULD YOU EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT?"

kuroopu

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out