Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Forum Homepage
Pride Month - 2014 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 pm
So June is Pride Month. I was wondering whats everyone doing? Anything? Nothing?

Personally i think i might go to the Pride Parade where i live and possibly see the Rocky Horror Picture Show live in a theater this month. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:16 am
I don't think there's a pride parade where I live, or I would go. I'll probably just gay it up with my friends tbh.
Also, need to consider I live in a mostly republican state, and gay marriage just barely got legalized. (The ban got shot down by the supreme court, and a LOT of the people here are dissatisfied about it. So, personally, I wouldn't feel safe participating in any gay pride thing :c Idk probably wouldnt be that bad but I'm paranoid.)  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

dominates

OG Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:46 am
There's a parade in Boston, MA this Saturday. I'll be there with a couple of friends, so we can meet up if you want! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm
sassy homosexual
I don't think there's a pride parade where I live, or I would go. I'll probably just gay it up with my friends tbh.
Also, need to consider I live in a mostly republican state, and gay marriage just barely got legalized. (The ban got shot down by the supreme court, and a LOT of the people here are dissatisfied about it. So, personally, I wouldn't feel safe participating in any gay pride thing :c Idk probably wouldnt be that bad but I'm paranoid.)
Im sorry to hear about your state not being gay friendly. Ive noticed the Supreme Court is overturning a lot of the bans on marriage. I think its sad that some people such as yourself cannot express themselves because of their state its sad. People waste so much time to hate vs doing something better with that time. Well at least you have friends you can get together with. blaugh  

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:50 pm
sofapizzas
There's a parade in Boston, MA this Saturday. I'll be there with a couple of friends, so we can meet up if you want! 3nodding
I live in MN of which the parade is happening during my birthday so maybe i will have to go. 3nodding I went last year with my friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 pm
Seraphim of Forgiveness
Yes that's true uwu
Yeah sometime in late 2013 my state passed a ban on gay marriage and gay people in general (it was a thing to be able to turn them away from your restaurant if they were gay or w/e) but a few months ago the supreme court shot down the ban and honestly I was so excited >_< Ended up coming out to my dad in the process, but he was alright with it. But yeah c: If anything I'm gonna be blogging about gay pride on tumblr haha.  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 pm
sassy homosexual
Seraphim of Forgiveness
Yes that's true uwu
Yeah sometime in late 2013 my state passed a ban on gay marriage and gay people in general (it was a thing to be able to turn them away from your restaurant if they were gay or w/e) but a few months ago the supreme court shot down the ban and honestly I was so excited >_< Ended up coming out to my dad in the process, but he was alright with it. But yeah c: If anything I'm gonna be blogging about gay pride on tumblr haha.
Glad to hear your dad was ok with it blaugh coming out to family or friends can be hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:56 pm
Seraphim of Forgiveness
Yeah. My mom wasn't okay with me even hinting at it so I've tried to keep her in the dark about it. Most of my friends have been okay with it though and those who weren't, well, I quit talking to them. I don't need them in my life, y'know?  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm
sassy homosexual
Yeah i know neutral personally i feel like its ridiculous when you have been friends for a while and they are willing to throw it all away because you cant be who you are. Btw love your username.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:03 pm
Seraphim of Forgiveness
Yeah I normally surround myself with people who love an accept me. Out of the six people I talk to, only one of them wasn't okay with it so I quit talking to them. They didn't start a bunch of drama, which was really good. I haven't told any of the people i went to middle school with about my sexuality, though. Except for two people who I was really close to.

Idk generally I'm really private about my orientation/preferences/w/e because it's mine, and it's no one elses business, but online I feel the need to express it haha. Hope you get what I mean.

And thanks! Yeah I was surprised this UN wasn't taken. Someone else had it before me but as soon as I noticed it wasn't taken, I changed my UN >_< I just had to. It's too great to pass up lol  

big moods

Snarky Man-Lover

16,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Hiss of Love 200

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:09 pm
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Not getting to do anything. The nearest Pride events are 3 hours away, at least, and I don't drive gonk Hopefully, I'll be living in a city one day that has events.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 pm
Seraphim of Forgiveness
sofapizzas
I live in MN of which the parade is happening during my birthday so maybe i will have to go. 3nodding I went last year with my friends.
Aw, that sounds exciting. I've only been to one pride parade, but I was in a booth the whole time. redface  

dominates

OG Smoker

Tori the Invincible

6,125 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:16 pm
Just gonna stay locked up in the closet like every pride mouth  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:23 am
master tori97
Just gonna stay locked up in the closet like every pride mouth
Aww, well thats ok, i know i didnt go for multiple years. To be honest i have only gone once XD  

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

Luna Breeeze
Crew

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:26 am
Make new LGBT friends, Keep Supporting LGBT friends biggrin