Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Fighting Feathers (Draven and Mayaa) [Done] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 pm
Draven meandered his way to the gym. He was going to be early, at least a full 10 minutes before the appointed time. He was okay with that, though, it would give him time to think. Or time to take in the scenery.

Not that there was much scenery at the gym. It looked much like it always did.

Still, he'd wait patiently. Mayaa should be showing up soon. They'd scheduled a small spar, and he hoped she wouldn't forget to show up. He really needed the practice. That was what had prompted him to ask her, after all. If she could put up with that hellish bird of minipet, surely she could hold her own in a spar. It would be good for him.

xx[A.V.]
hi.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:37 pm
Unfortunately for Draven, Mayaa wasn't exactly a punctual student, and had gotten distracted by at least 10 different things (if not more) before she finally arrived at the gym, 10 minutes late.

"Oh, Draven! I'm so sorry for being late! It was just SO nice out outside, and I wanted to take a quick flight around the school, but then I saw this dust bunny and had to chase it, and then there were students and I had to say hi! Then I got hungry and went to the creeptaria, and ran into some MORE students! And then I forgot to bring food for Trick and he got mad at me again..."

Perhaps "put up" wasn't quite the right word...

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 pm
He had waited. And waited. He'd not sighed, though, not until she was a full five minutes late. Perhaps he really should have made an effort to NOT arrive early. Or more of one.

After another few minutes of shuffling his feet, staring at various points of near interest, and just standing there, the Harpy finally appeared.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay," he laughed a little. It really didn't bother him, even though he had been a little bit bored. But she was there now, and that was all that mattered. "Sounds like you were busy, anyway. And we can't have you forgetting to feed your minipets." Really.

"So. You still feel up to a small spar?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:42 pm
"Never too busy to meet a friend though!"
Really, she felt bad making Draven wait. He was one of her good good friends... as well as many others, but she really did like Draven!
"And Trick is always bullying me... why is he so mean..." she pouted, puffing her cheeks out. "Really! I feed him at least 6 times a day!"
Perhaps he was grumpy from being overfed.

"Oh, of course! Ready!"

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:05 pm
"That's good!" He grinned at her. Friends were important. He just...made note to expect her a little late for everything. He really should have before this, but he'd not quite realized how distracted she could be.

"He could just be mean-sprited? It might have nothing to do with you." He was trying to be helpful. "Has he always been that way?"

While he waited for an answer Draven tried his best to step into a stance that said he was ready to fight. He really needed more practice at these things. How should one even stand before a fight?  
[A.V.] rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:50 pm
If Mayaa knew what Draven was thinking, she would have been really sad. And had she known he had been EARLY, she would have felt more bad. Really Mayaa, friends don't make friends wait.
"I don't know... he's just... usually grumpy, most of the time."

Seeing Draven take on a battle stance, Mayaa felt as if she should also. How did... one stand when ready to fight?
Uh... feet apart, arms up, fists... oh, but she didn't want to punch Draven! But... but this was a practice spar. Just practice! Neither of them would get hurt, right?

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:02 am
"Hm." Draven appeared to take a moment for musing about her grumpy bird. "He must have been a bad egg."

Then he was grinning at her, watching as she brought her fists up. Perhaps she had done this before? Was she going to be one of those easily distracted ghouls who really knew how to kick tail-feathers? Only one way to find out.

"When you're ready!"

[A.V.]

[A.V.] rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:32 pm
"U-um, maybe..."
Maybe... that had been her fault, as she might have.. dropped his egg once when she was handling the clutch. Only once though!
"A-ah, um, ok!"
She really didn't want to punch Draven, but... this was just a practice spar, right? Hopefully he wouldn't get mad ahhh.
Squeezing her eyes shut, she made a fist and swung.

-----------------
HP: 30/30
Action: Attacking
Result: 4 dmg
FEAR: [Battle Cry T1]

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:09 pm
"Hm." Draven really didn't know what to say. He had a minipet that liked to bite, too, but he just kept his fingers out of her tank. Nope, no advice for what to do about a flying pet of angry doom.

But now was not the time to think on things like minipets. He had a fist headed his way. A fist that connected with his face. He'd not expected her to move that fast. Wow.

"Not bad!" He laughed as he stumbled back a bit.

HP: 26/30
Target: Mayaa
Damage: --

Fear: >> I forget. /shame  
[A.V.] rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Yah, she didn't know what to do either.
Which really meant she ended up NOT doing anything at all, which was... a terrible solution.
"Ah! Sorry! I'm so sorry!"
She just punched Draven in the face..
What a horrible friend she was.

In an attempt to salvage what she did, she tried to reach out and touch his cheek.
Too bad she didn't realize how sharp her nails were.

-----------------
Result: 4 dmg
FEAR: [Battle Cry T1]

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:25 pm
"No, no, it's fine!" It was a spar after all. He'd expected at least a few hits to land. If he hadn't though Mayaa one tough bird he'd not have asked her for a spar.

What he'd not expected was the nails. Talons, sure, but nails on his freshly punched face? Not at all what he'd thought might happen.

"Ow! Ooh." He stepped back even more, rubbing at his cheek. "It's fine! I promise." A chuckle followed, for good measure. "It seems I've found myself a very good sparring partner."

HP: 22/30

[A.V.] rolled 4 4-sided dice: 4, 1, 2, 4 Total: 11 (4-16)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:39 pm
"Noooo, it's not ok! I hurt my friend!!"
Really, she didn't seem to understand the concept of a "friendly spar", and let out a wail.
Too bad she didn't realize said wail was tainted with fear, triggered by her emotions.

-----------------
Action: Using Battle Cry
Result: 7 dmg what is even
FEAR: [Battle Cry T1 used]

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:00 pm
Draven wasn't even sure what she'd just done, but it hurt. At least a lot more than he had been expecting. He'd gladly blame his balance being off for landing on his butt after that wail had sent him reeling. But she probably just hit that hard.

"Wow!" He tried to laugh. "It's a spar! This is what you're supposed to do!" Well, he should have been the one doing more, but he'd really not expected her to be quite so good at this. Especially not with all of her apologizing.

Was she hustling him?

"How much fighting practice have you had again?"

HP: 15/30

[A.V.] rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:09 pm
"Ahhhh Draven!!"
Why did he fall like that? Was he ok? Was it her fault again? Oh gosh, of course it was. What a horrible friend she was!

She reached out a hand to help Draven up, careful to keep it a good distance from his face.
"U-um... not m-much?"

-----------------
Result: HALLELUJAH
FEAR: [Battle Cry T1 used]

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:29 pm
"I find that hard to believe," he said, chuckling as he reached out to take her hand and haul himself back to his feet. "You're kicking my tail feathers."

He was fine, though, really. He made a show of brushing himself off before raising both fists, another show. "See, this is all I've got." He aimed a swing at her shoulder.

HP: 15/30
Damage: 2

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items