Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Open Class] GlitterSkulls! ( Aisha & Rojo ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 am
NAME OF CLASS: Arts and Crafts 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Zixil Braxton

General information:
The Arts and Crafts room is tucked away in the corner - one way in and out, which is just how the teacher likes it. The classroom looks normal enough from the outside, with its standard door and numberplate (with an added addendum by the teacher, his name and the class title added on a piece of Muck Tape). The inside, however, looks like someone found all of the weird, eclectic stuff within a five mile radius, ate it, and then vomited it all up. The teacher has either completely lost his mind, or is trying way, way too hard. The cabinets that line the walls are partially filled with beginner art supplies: slime-based paints, earwax crayons, and...glitter, a thing so evil that it can be known by no other name.

Mechanics:
Your Most Excellent Professor isn't going to fill your head with crazy ideas. That's all up to you!

Upon entering the class, roll 1d100 to determine your Muse Level (ML).

Muse Level 1-20

Woah, you can't make art with a Muse Level this low! Go stare longingly at your first crush, or listen to emotional music, or cry it out! We can't have you making anything that's worth less than 20 silver seeds beneath your actual capabilities.

Muse Level 21-50

Did you dip yourself in paint and roll your face over the canvas? That's not going to be acceptable. Nobody will want to buy this. Or look at it. Not even kind of.

Muse Level 51-80

Looks like you might have the right idea. Go ahead and give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that could happen is you ruin everything, but that's okay.

Muse Level 81-100

Got a real overachiever here! Creativity is oozing from your pores (seriously clean that stuff up please)!

If you roll 1-50, you will need to make another attempt. A roll of 51-100 allows you to proceed. The above information correlating to your ML gives you a good idea of how your student will be approaching this assignment.

If you succeeded in developing a passable Muse Level, you will then need to roll a 1d10 to determine to overall success of your drawing/painting/sculpture etc. Feel free to pick whatever medium you'd like!

1-3 You really poured yourself into this one, but the Professor isn't quite feeling it. Take it home and pin it on your wall, because that's all you're getting. (Fail. You'll have to make another attempt!)
4-9 You paid careful attention to details, color schemes, and - most importantly - marketability. Professor Braxton smashes a sickly note to your body with a sloppy "A" written on it, because ruining the art would be a travesty. As far as you can tell, you've done a good thing. (Pass!)
10 You are a prodigy! This thing belongs in a museum! Or the home of the highest bidder! Your artwork will be displayed in front of the entire class. Hope you're not shy. (SUPER-PASS!)

You must RP your student creating their...well, whatever they make.

Bonus Mechanics:
•If you include a DRAWN representation of the piece of art that your student creates, you can automatically add 2 to your success roll, ultimately bringing up their final score. These drawings do not have to be anything fantastic, and can be as detailed or non-detailed as you want.

•Any student who is able to use magic to create illusions can roll 1d4 to determine how amazing their artwork appears. Which is what matters. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

•Any student who lacks dexterity (lookin' at you, claw-handed monsters) can roll 1d4 to determine their ability to talk Professor Braxton into believing that the piece of art's concept is going over his head and is, in fact, a true masterpiece. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

Each visit to the classroom has the potential to span multiple posts due to the amount of dice rolls. You can interact with other students, try to steal their concepts - whatever you'd like to play out!

YOU COMPLETE THE CLASS WHEN

You pass the class!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:36 am
Aisha had been cutting classes lately and it sent her loa into a fit. Her insides roiled as her loa did and eventually forced her to actually seek out some legitimate school activities.

For the most part she was afraid of what participating in school really meant. Amityville was much crazier than she'd even expected.

Thankfully she'd found postings for self-run courses set up by the teachers and, still uneasy about being alone with anything a teacher provided, she'd texted Rojo to join her.

smerdle

To: Rojo

hey u wanna do some arts n crafts for school credit? seems easy nuff right? glitter fights!

She included a pic of the class posting and then waited by the designated room until he arrived.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 pm
Rojo was perched on the roof of the ghost dorms when he received Aisha's text. He couldn't quite make out what it said since, at the moment, his phone was back on the ground, but simply hearing the peppy ditty he'd set as his text alert brought a smile to his skull.

Today had already been quite the experience even before his mysterious text had arrived. He had been minding his own business, bringing a finished report to Professor Rengath's office about the effectiveness of mahogany in haunted house construction when a large, winged Hob had plucked him off of his feet and deposited him in his current location. With a, "SMELL YA LATER, BONEY!" the ghoul was gone, leaving Rojo to get down on his own. His newest text imbued him with the determination he needed to get off of the roof or dissipate trying. He stood with his toes curled over the side, staring at the closest spindly tree. Could he make it? Would it break his fall? The boil clenched his fists, took a couple of steps back, and ran at full speed off of the roof, jumping as he reached the edge. He missed the tree.

The calaca landed with a hollow tinkle, his body breaking into a scattering of skeletal remains and tangled clothing. It took several minutes for his hands to crawl their way to his torso, but once they arrived, the speed of the reconstruction effort was greatly increased. Soon, he was whole again, and he plucked his phone out of the grass with a chuckle, quickly reading his new message.

Glitter fights? He was so in.

iloveyouDIE
To: Aisha

yes definitely! i will be there soon!

And he was.

Rojo arrived only slightly worse for wear, a barely noticeable rip in his pants and a smudge of dirt across his forehead the only indications that he had been through some major reconstruction. He waved enthusiastically at Aisha as he approached, coming to a stop right in front of the other undead.

"So, arts and crafts! I didn't even know this school had classes in such a subject!"

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 100-sided dice: 42 Total: 42 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:59 am
"Hey!" Aisha waved when Rojo approached, though when he got close she got the uncontrollable urge to wipe the smudge from his grinning skull. "Yeah I didn't either but seems like it's not too... dangerous right?"

Her hand was on the classroom's doorknob before she paused and laughed, wisps of orange licking from her mouth with delight. "I'm sorry I can't help it but.." she turned to Rojo, licked her thumb, and rubbed the dirt off of his head. The corner of one of her sleeves wiped him clean. "You had a little... something."

Finally the door was opened and they were greeted with the largest mishmash of objects that Aisha had ever seen. She was a fairly neat person and her Papa was too. She'd never encounter such a mess before... but this one was so fun looking.

"Whooooooaaaaah.." Her dreads bobbed noisily with beads and her large earrings when she practicalaly ran to the pile. "Lookit this stuff.." She held up a long colored roped with some sort of glittery ball on the end, which was dropped and abandoned for a bag of balloons with skulls on them. She immediately started blowing one up but she was so overwhelmed with the pile that she had NO IDEA what to make.

"So do we just... make something?" She asked Rojo.

smerdle
inspiration FAIL

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
Smerdle rolled 1 100-sided dice: 61 Total: 61 (1-100)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 am
Rojo tilted his head back as she wiped the smudge away. He couldn't possibly see what had been there, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to try. Sadly, he would never look upon his own bony face without the involvement of a mirror of some sort. Probably. He'd heard a rumor that some students had been killed by their twins or clones or something earlier this year. That must have been interesting to see.

"Thank you!" he said as she moved away and opened the door. All thoughts of murderous doppelgangers fled as they moved inside and Rojo saw the wide array of wonderful junk laid out before them. He admired the ball-on-a-rope and skeleton balloons from afar, then picked up a roll of bubble wrap and squeezed it between his hands. It didn't pop, but he enjoyed the squishiness nonetheless. He had ideas, so many wonderful ideas about what he could do here. Not that very many of those ideas were good, but that didn't concern him. It was time to make art. But Aisha was right. There were no instructions, no hint as to what would be considered acceptable.

"I'm not sure..." he replied. "It probably wouldn't hurt anything to try?" This room didn't seem like the sort to have any hidden art-triggered traps, but then again, Rojo wouldn't have been able to detect them anyway.

iloveyouDIE
vaguely inspiratohoho

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 100-sided dice: 36 Total: 36 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:45 am
"Let's just go through this stuff and see if anything dawns on us." She pulled out a bag, which turned out was upside down, and spilled orange and black glitter all over her own shoes and the area around her.

"Jack.. Hmmm.." It was sticking to her hands. "Oh well.. WOOO!"

And quick as that she began to throw glitter around. No matter what they pick, it will probably end up with glitter on it.

"So Rojo.. what do you think of school?" She sorted through rolls of crepe paper. "Doesn't some of it bother you? What with weird stuff always happening?" he seemed so happy.

smerdle
still failspiration ;;

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 am
He nodded in agreement, already leafing through a nearby stack of colorful papers looking for a pattern that called to him. When he noticed Aisha had upended a load of glitter all over herself, he quickly rejoined her, dragging his fingers through it too. He knew admitting he enjoyed the brighter, shinier things in life was usually an invitation for ridicule, but since she'd been the first to play with the stuff, Rojo didn't think she would make fun.

He looked around for some glue as he considered what she said. Did the school bother him? Truthfully, he'd barely seen any of it. There had been that whole fight between the giant red lady and the bony old man, but that had been a dream, had it not? Either way, he'd liked the old man. He had been sorry to see him lose.

"It makes me sad, I guess... sometimes? Or it did once. I don't know." To counter the sadness, strangeness, and... Chio, Rojo had eventually been transformed into a giant, smoking monster covered in candy, so the whole experience had kind of evened itself out in the end. "Did you go to that place with the maze and the pools too? Did that have something to do with being here? I thought it was just me." That last bit was unintentionally muffled as he leaned over the table and grabbed a jar of rubber cement. Hm. Not glue exactly, but it was a start.

iloveyouDIE
rojo will wait for all parties to have inspiration dammit

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 100-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 am
"Yeah I was there.." Aisha sighed, the thoughts of all of it sort of deflated her crafty mood a moment. She'd never make something presentable with this conversation. "And this other time I went through a weird door and was captured and people had to kill eachother and...." A shudded ran over her dark skin.

"This stuffs better." She tossed another hand of glitter to lighten the mood. "School stuff. Arts and crafts and sports and classes and music. NORMAL stuff."  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
iloveyouDIE rolled 1 100-sided dice: 86 Total: 86 (1-100)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 am
smerdle
FINALLY

Aisha had found some ballons, glue and shredded paper. SHE HAD AN IDEA.

"Oh I got it! You wanna be my model?" She wiggled her brows over flaming orange eyes. "It'll be suuuuper awesome."  
Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm
"Oh," Rojo replied, noting her sudden sourness. That door didn't sound very fun at all. He briefly thought to ask for more details, even though she clearly didn't want to talk about it, but then there was more glitter and... well... it wasn't that he didn't care exactly, he just lacked the experience to share her fright. The kid had just jumped off of a building to get here, for Jack's sake. Most physical pain barely bothered him at all. He had never been threatened with the permanence of weaponization or the burn of a horseman's torture. He had never even been on the receiving end of a strong FEAR attack.

Given enough time and the new knowledge that others had been to the tower just as he had, Rojo might have drawn the conclusion that this place was more malevolent than it seemed, but...

Ooo! Modeling!

"Yes, please! Mami used to be in pictures for money. Modeling is in my bones." He cradled his head on his hand and stared off into the distance. "How should I pose?"

iloveyouDIE
awooo rolling for later

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 am
"Oh Oh.. pose like one of those.. french skeleton ghouls.." Aisha laughed and started to sculpt him. Unfortunately making paper mache skeleton guy was really difficult and by the time it was finished it looked like crap.

"I... I'm not sure I should give this to the teacher."

smerdle
sorry about this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:00 am
The calaca ceased his glorious posing, looking over at what Aisha had done with the same expression he always wore.

PARTY

Had he been able to move his face, he still would have looked rather excited to see a sculpted version of himself, no matter how lopsided. "If you are not happy with it, you can try again?" Rojo had nothing better to do than stay here anyway, and if it meant more little skeletal clones, he was all for it.

iloveyouDIE
nevar sorry

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:17 am
Apparently her 'attempt' to redo it ended up with her removing 3/4 of the sculpture until it was nothing but weird sticks and newspaper and paint.

"I couldn't even convince him this was deliberate.." It looked like literal garbage.

"Maybe art isn't my thing. You can stop posing.." Aisha was getting a bit mopey, a feeling that came on like a ton of bricks. "I'll figure something else out."

smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm
Rojo hunched into a less modelesque pose, his fingers tapping on the desk in front of him. He tried to make his tone more sympathetic, but as he spoke, it quickly grew enthusiastic again.

"Maybe you could make something you'd like more if it wasn't skeleton shaped," he tried. "I would not mind. All the bones are probably hard. Difficult, I mean. I know they are hard!" He quickly hunched again, having sat up straight at his awesome joke.

iloveyouDIE

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

iloveyouDIE rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:01 pm
Aisha actually laughed a little. "Shut up I'm trying to concentrate."

Of course what she was doing now is also a failure.

"Work on your thing! Lemme brainstorm again."

smerdle
*weeps* most uncreative chick

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out