Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1 v 1] Nothing's Changed at All (Serafina/Brenley) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 pm
He was a Hob.

Brenley had reached his dorm the evening before with little trouble, stunned and exhausted by what he had done. The boil had then sat at his desk for several hours, staring at his exam completion certificate until he had fallen asleep in his chair. He had awakened this morning with a new purpose, one that frightened him more than murdering his doppelganger had.

He was going to socialize.

Locking himself away following his return home had been beneficial at the time, but he wasn't so far removed from society that he didn't want to get back to it eventually. The real question was, could he?

Bren chose to begin his reintegration with Serafina. She was an astute, observant ghoul, and if anyone would notice a change in him, it would be her. He thought to invite her to spar, but was at a bit of a loss as to how. Finally, he decided to send her a screemail.

Seiana_ZI
Serafina,

I am in need of sparring practice and I haven't seen you in quite a while. Would you be interested in joining me for a friendly fight? I will be there all afternoon anyway, so if you are interested, please stop by

Bren

He stared at the screen, debating for several minutes whether he should end his correspondence with a period or exclamation point. Eventually, he hit send by accident, adding neither.

Later that day, he changed into a plain grey t-shirt and sweat pants and made his way to the gym. He stood in front of a practice dummy near the wall, feebly attacking it with his katar, their newly evolved ostentatiousness seeming rather silly when compared to his current attire.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:50 pm
Serafina was still a Knob ... unfortunately.

But she knew, as a Knob, she needed to start preparing for being a Hob and then graduating--a big, rather frightening step in some ways, she had no idea what she wanted to do with her life! She supposed she would confront that once she actually got the first steps out of the way, though.

She had started that, with taking some classes, but she knew she needed to do some spars and more classes, too. Her first spar had been a bit of a disaster but she ... was pretty sure she won ... though was there really a winner at all? It was mostly just swatting and giggling and missing. (Trisha was a nice ghoul, though, so there was that.)

The ghoul, trying to take her mind off things, got on her laptop, nails clicking against the keyboard as she sent off some messages on Critter and then swapped over to her Screemail to see if anything was -- Brenley?

An offer to spar ... it was true, she hadn't seen Brenley in a long time. How was he doing? And it was an excuse to get another requirement out of the way...

Smerdle
Hey Bren!

I'll meet you there! I need some practice myself ~

Sera♥

... Well ... She hit the backspace.

Smerdle
Hey Bren!

I'll meet you there! I need some practice myself ~

Sera

That was better.

After shipping the note off, she headed down to the gym, looking for the big dork in baggy clothes.

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm
The big dork was still stabbing at his dummy when she arrived, though he was doing so with a bit more confidence than he had when he'd first showed up. Brenley turned as he noticed there was someone with him in the gym, unconsciously protecting himself from another surprise beating by an angry upperclassman. He was already grinning faintly and waving with a blade before he realized he technically was an upperclassman. Whether or not he was capable of surprise beatings, however, he had yet to discover.

"Hello," he said in greeting. "I'm glad you could come and I hope you're well." Lowering his weapon, he approached quickly but cautiously, stopping a few feet away. "I'm not sure how to begin. I mean, not like that. I have fought before..." But the only person he'd ever attacked first had been the hunter.

"You can punch me if you'd like."

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 pm
Brenley looked ... different. Maybe even a little handsome. When did he cut his hair?

Serafina admired his maturation from afar for a few moments, before letting out a giggle when she was greeted. Politely, Serafina bowed her head, before offering a wave in turn. "It has been a while, and it is good to see you, Brenley. I am glad to see you seem alright!" Especially with all the insanity that she had seen happening lately...

... Wonderland ...

... Horsemen ...

Serafina shook her head out of it. Right.

She could punch him? Uhm. "Okay." She attempted to position herself in such a way that maybe she would land a hit. (She probably wouldn't.)

Seiana_ZI

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 pm
Alright. So she would just ... punch him or something. Yeah!

Serafina attempted to punch him, throwing her arm forward in a way she thought probably resembled a punch. She aimed a bit wide and stumbled a bit as she lost her balance, ending up just scraping his arm at absolute best.

"Uhm."

She chuckled nervously. Hopefully Brenley was just as bad at this as Trisha was, or she would probably have a problem...

Shifting back to her standing position, Serafina brushed her tennis skirt off and moved to what she thought was a defensive position. (It wasn't.) "Your turn?"

Quote:
HP: 40/40
Action: Attack!
Damage: 7 - 6 = 1 (gj sera)
Fear: T2 Swift Strikes (unused), T1 The Mist (unused)

Smerdle
she sucks i'm sorry

Smerdle rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 am
He took his turn as soon as she permitted him to, slightly concerned that if he didn't do so before he thought about it that he wouldn't at all. Had he given himself a chance to think, he might have realized that his hesitation was the proof he had been looking for. He wasn't the monster he feared. Instead of reaching some great epiphany, however, he just felt kind of embarrassed.

Brenley's blade flashed forward, striking her arm quickly but with no force behind it. There.

HP: 39/40
Damage: 2
Fear: T2 Swift Strikes (unused), T1 Battle Cry (unused)

Seiana_ZI
oh you two

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:58 am
There may have been no force, but there was a small mark on her skin. Aww. She might have to bandage that later...

Serafina shifted her weight from one leg to the other, probably attempting to look like she knew what she was doing. (She didn't. Serafina's future was clearly nowhere near the enforcing divisions of the Boogeymen.) For a few moments, she seemed to be trying to figure out how to strike. Brenley probably could have hit her in the meantime.

She then vaguely ... kicked him.

Maybe she scratched him with her shoe... at best.

Quote:
HP: 38/40
Damage: 7 - 6 = 1 wow sera

Smerdle
so gud at fite rite

Smerdle rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:47 am
She did scratch him right below his knee, the resulting flare of his tattoos hidden by his pants. This time he lashed out like he meant it... kind of. Brenley winced as his slice made contact this time, shuffling back a step in case it provoked her to retaliate reflexively.

"What do you think about that?" he said, shaking his head immediately after he'd spoken. Now he just sounded idiotic.

HP: 38/40
Damage: 4

Seiana_ZI
so much power grr

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm
Yeowch! Serafina, having a flight response that was much stronger than her fight response, pulled herself away from Brenley and shook her arm out. Okay. So he seemed to actually be able to hit things, at least, more than her.

The ghoul shifted a bit, as if it would give her a better angle, before attempting another one of her ever-so-talented kicks.

This time, it actually landed in a way more than just a feeble scratch, probably by sheer fluke. Maybe she had more of an active fight response than she thought, or she had accidentally learned how to aim.

"Sorry!"

Go Serafina, apologizing in a spar again.

Quote:
HP: 34/40
Damage: 11 - 6 = 5 wow most damage done ever

Smerdle
grrr power charging lasers etc

Smerdle rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:49 pm
"Don't... um... worry about it!" Bren replied, flinching as her kick landed. He still felt ludicrously awkward, much more so than he had when he'd been fighting to remain conscious in past fights. Maybe that same sense of urgency would lessen their discomfort.

He dissipated one of his blades, aiming a punch at her head with his empty fist.

HP: 33/40
Damage: 3

Seiana_ZI
the solution to apologies is uppercuts >>

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-16)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:35 pm
"Okay!" squeaked Serafina.

Good job Serafina. She was definitely the best of fighters.

She noticed the dissipation of the blade Brenley was holding and felt some level of relief. Oh, good, no more big gashes -- yikes! Serafina didn't have much time to think before Brenley had uppercutted her successfully, leaving her a bit dizzy as she turned in a circle and then fell on her rump.

She was a bit useless this round as she rubbed her head.

Quote:
HP: 31/40
Damage: 4 - 6 = -2 ....

Smerdle
Brenley uses Uppercut! It's Super Effective!

Smerdle rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:47 am
He called his blade back into existence and struck her again, taking a couple of steps back when he hit harder than he'd intended. There was no Fracs here to tell him to hurt others for his own benefit, yet here he was doing it anyway. Brenley folded his arms, weapons disappearing again as he did, and he looked worried as he leaned toward the ghoul.

"Are you all right? I think we should stop."

Damage: 8 (>>)

Seiana_ZI
i'm sick againnnnnn summer coooooooooooldssss >:|

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 pm
Serafina jumped a bit, but she was useless in attempting to fight back, just taking it as she remained on the ground. How was Brenley so good at this? Serafina could barely land a hit unless she was lucky. This clearly was not her strong point ...

And she needed at least eight more spars before she could graduate, right? This was going to be long and painful.

"Yeah, probably," murmured Serafina, dejected.

After a moment, she looked up at Brenley. "You're pretty good at this," she observed. "Do reapers get weapon training or something?"

Quote:
HP: 23/40
Action: Pouting
Damage: 0...

Smerdle
Oh no, summer cold ><;; I hope you feel better soon. And Serafina sucks at this

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 pm
He bent over the rest of the way and dropped to a seat on the ground next to her.

"We don't get any additional training that I know of. At least, I haven't. I just... wasn't thinking. I... when I don't think, I guess some part of me tries to defend itself and I... hurt people." He cleared his throat. That was enough of that. "I really am pretty bad at fighting when I try. Maybe we could practice more another time? Or just work on Fears?" He smiled, the expression rather hopeful.

Action: worrying about being a murderer
Damage: 0

Seiana_ZI
:B

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:51 am
When Brenley started to try and explain why he had beat her up so badly, Serafina shook her head.

"No, no, it's a spar. You clearly had the advantage so you took it, I get it." Serafina felt the edges of her lips twitching underneath her surgical mask, so she quickly reached up to adjust it up a little to make sure no one could see it. "Don't feel bad about it, okay? You're not a bad guy."

At least, he had never come off to Serafina a bad guy, especially since he was ... sort of apologizing for a spar. Serafina was a little overzealous for her apologies during a spar herself...

"I'd love to spar more with you! Maybe it would help me actually get better at it."

Plus, unlike some other people she had seen, she knew Brenley would stop before she flopped over and fainted. And if she was going to keep finding trouble like Wonderland, she needed to get better at this...

Quote:
HP: 23/40
Action: Comforting? Maybe?
Damage: 0

Smerdle

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces