Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] Wax on Wax off [Estel/Shun] FIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:28 pm
In hindsight, Shun should have given Estel his phone number, assuming that she had a phone as well. It would make setting up lessons and meeting times a little more easily in that case. He'd just have to let her know that it was really best to not text him. Perhaps the next phone he got would have better text to speech and speech to text capabilities but this one... had issues.

He decided to swing by the gym first, just for the hell of it. But it looked fairly empty thus far.

Placing his hands into his pockets, he shrugged and made his way towards the center. Perhaps he could just do some things on his own, then try and seek her out later on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm
It wasn't all that long before Estel came running, dodging a student or two on the way. She slid several feet as she came to a halt not far from Shun, grinning. Setting her bag down by her feet, she waved. "Afternoon!"  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm
"Oh. Hello. I was about to look for you," Shun greeted before getting his phone out, "Do you have a phone, by the way? It may be easier for me to contact you or vice versa.."

If not.. well. He'd make due one way or another.

"Either way, are you prepared for a lesson?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:52 pm
"Um... no?" Estel stuck her hands in her pockets and smiled sheepishly. "I can't really afford something like that. That isn't a problem, is it?..." Maybe if she'd kept working at the Cat's Cradle a while longer, she'd have more money, but she had wanted to get off to school as soon as possible.

"I think I'm ready!" Remembering last time, she spread her feet shoulder-width apart and smiled.

She wasn't sure why she was looking forward to losing again.  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:00 pm
"Ah. Well perhaps you can get a part time job somewhere to save up for one," Shun shrugged, "It's not really a problem. Just a matter of convenience, really."

The reaper watched as Estel got into stance, nodding. He walked on over towards her.

"Okay. I'm going to show you a few techniques first before we try and put them into practice. You're quick and you have some good reflexes. You may be able to perform some nice counter attacks, then. Throw a punch at me."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:02 pm
It was a little harder to get herself to just straight up hit someone, even though she suspected he'd block it or use her momentum against her anyway. All the same, she curled her hand into a fist and threw a punch in the direction of his neck.  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:04 pm
As Estel suspected, Shun made his move once she threw the punch. He stepped in and to the side, bringing up one hand to deflect the strike. Aside from that, he attempted to grab a hold of her wrist before moving to make a strike towards her exposed side. However, he stopped himself before he actually made contact.

"See what I'm doing here?"  
Luridel rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-8)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm
As Shun's fingers closed around her wrist, Estel froze, catching her breath sharply. The golden glow about her body went from barely perceptible to uncomfortably bright in a moment, and Estel looked at him without full recognition, trying to pull her hand back. "D-don't--"

-

HP: 30/30
Action: Activating fear. Fear backfires (1 on dice roll); Shun gets -5 modifier to hit/damage for one turn.
Damage: 0  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:20 pm
Shun leaned back as she began to glow more brightly for the moment. He felt a surge of fear, but his perception was suddenly sharpened. He let go of her and took a step back, narrowing his gaze. Aside from the glow, she had tensed up in a strange way.

"Estel?"

HP: 60
Damage: N/A
Effect: -5 modifier this turn.  
Luridel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:02 pm
Estel lashed out at him as soon as her hand was free, but her hand didn't connect with anything, Shun having backed off right away. Estel stepped away from him again, shivering. "I... s-sorry, I'm sorry. You were... explaining something, yeah?"

-

Action: Attacking Shun.

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:12 pm
Shun continued to watch her carefully, not entirely certain what to make of her reaction just now.

"You're fine. Did... you get what I was trying to show you?"

HP: 60
Damage: N/a  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:47 pm
"I think so... Sorry - I was... just startled, is all." She rubbed her wrist as she spoke. The glow began to die down to its normal, barely visible state, although the ghost still seemed anxious.

-

Action: None

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm
Shun regarded her for a moment or so in silence. With a furrowed brow, he soon let out a sigh, shaking his head to himself.

"Anyway. The idea, when blocking, is usually to push the strike to the side. If you block in a way where you still take the full blow, it'll hurt more than if you manage to deflect it. Not to mention that if you can properly deflect, you can use the momentum of your opponent to your advantage. It's also easier to apply that to different weapon types being used against you," he explained.

"Do it to me," he ordered before throwing a punch. This one wasn't quite full speed, for the sake of trying to teach her the technique.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm
Estel held her arms up defensively and tried to shove Shun's fist off to the side. She didn't follow up any more than that, looking at Shun for further instructions.  

Luridel

Loyal Gatekeeper

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:04 pm
"Good. From there you could do a number of things. When you did that, you exposed my side. You could strike there. You could push me aside. You could strike my leg to bring me down. You could also potentially grab on throw me," he explained. Shun moved back to face her.

"Again."

He threw another punch.  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas