Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Automated Exam] (Nim and Quillan) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:24 pm
[Quillan's Log] and [Nim's Log]

Exam Prompt

Each student ready to move from the first year to the second would find a nice, neatly printed letter taped to their door inviting them to participate in a "Non-Mandatory-But-Highly-Recommended-Anyway Test" (or NMBHRAT for short). A location was provided at the bottom of the note (a section of the grounds, just near the forest), and beneath that the words "Come at anytime."

Upon arrival, you would first notice that a peculiar house has been erected. It's not large enough to overshadow any of the dorms by any means; in fact, it seems rather tiny and shabby in comparison, with the door half stripped of its paint, the windows cracked and smeared with dust, and everything looks as though the merest touch will make it collapse.

At first you wonder if you're in the right place at all, but then you notice a little box sitting just outside of the house. Closer examination would reveal a note, written in a loopy handwriting perhaps familiar to some:

Welcome welcome to the House
Please be quiet as a mouse
The House will tell if you are good
The House will tell if you are bad

Think you're up to face the thing?
If you pass it, all will sing
Do your best, oh fair student
I hope your deaths you do circumvent

THE EXAM
THE HOUSE OF HORRORS

The smell is what gets your attention first; like smoke and old wood, it wafts across the air towards you, enticing you onward, pulling you forward, and you reach the little shabby house and the door half hanging off its hinges, practically begging you to come inside.

A sign posted outside reads "Welcome to the House."

At first, you're mildly concerned but upon knocking stepping inside, you realize that the house in question appears deserted.

Well, that's just creepy. But trying to go backwards only results in failure - the door has locked behind you. You're trapped inside, and now you must figure out how to get through the house in order to continue on your quest.

--------------------------------------------

TO GET THROUGH THE HOUSE:

There are THREE MAJOR ROOMS to the House of Horrors. In order to successfully pass through the House and receive your exam credit, you must navigate through all three rooms until you reach the exit, located after the very last room:

• Cutthroat Kitchen

To get through the Cutthroat Kitchen, you need 10 steps. Roll 1d4 and add up the amount of steps you take (i.e. you roll a 3, that's 3 steps forward). You must get at least 10 steps. If you go over ten, that's fine, as long as it's at least 10.

Each number of steps rolled has it's own consequence:
      1 - You open a door in the kitchen looking for the exit and promptly find yourself dunked by a bucket of icy water. Who left that there?
      2 - You trip and fall into a vat of what looks like melted chocolate.
      3 - You step in a pile of what looks like sticky glue on the floor and therefore get it stuck on the bottom of your foot/shoe for the rest of your trek through the House.
      4 - For some reason, there is an entire bin of tiny bones that you somehow manage to knock over, which, of course, makes a terribly loud sound.

• Lurking Library

In order to get through the Library, you'll have to find the right combination of books in order to find the combination. Roll 3d6, and follow the guidelines below:

- 1,1 OR 2,2 as two of the numbers - Looks like you've found some sort of...oops better put that back quickly before a certain cranky Librarian sees you looking at por - (try again)
      - 3,3 OR 4,4 OR 5,5 OR 6,6 as two of the numbers - You pull out a book, and then another, and to your relief you see that the door beyond swings open for you to slip through! (success)
      - 1,2,3 (doesn't have to be in order) - Somehow you get entangled in what looks like a long rope made of paper and spend several moments trying to break your way free, when you notice that in the process you've actually fallen out the door into the next room. How convenient! (success)
      - 6,6,6 Is that a giant spi - quick run for it - (start back in the first room)
      - 1,1,1 You try climbing a bookshelf, rather than pull books trying to find the secret switch, and wind up tumbling over the side rather ungracefully. But hey, look, the...nope, just a shadow (try again)

• Bloodcurdling Bedroom

The Bloodcurdling Bedroom requires only one thing - picking the lock successfully to get through the door on the other side. Roll 1d100. You must get above a 65 to have successfully picked the lock. If you roll below, then your attempts were unsuccessful and you have to keep on truckin'.

Upon their exit from the house, a certain mischievous Trick or Treater can be found lounging in a tree on the other side, looking as happy as a pig in mud. He smiles down at you, his grin terribly self-satisfied, and tosses you a rolled up piece of parchment. Opening it, you see a certificate of Exam Completion.

"Congratulations," he says brightly, and flashes you a wink. "You're now a Knob."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:34 pm
The fact that Nim had noticed the note at all was a miracle. She was usually whirling in and out of her room so carelessly that she didn't notice any differences in her surroundings. Luckily for her, though, on her way back in one afternoon she tripped over Cirrus and face-planted into it.

"Non-Mandatory-But-Highly-Recommended-Anyway Test," Nim read allowed. "That sounds kind of... wishy-washy, right?" She asked Cirrus.

He looked about as confused as she was. "Maybe it's an end of term exam?"

Nim may have crumpled the paper in her excitement. "Oh my jack! I'm going to be a KNOB?" She didn't need anymore incentive to race down the stairs and too the location provided, texting the whole way.

To: Quillan[color=white]
i think i was just asked to take my exam! i'm going to take it noooow! i'm so excited!

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 pm
Quillan hadn't left his room in three days in an attempt to finish writing his story (he wasn't very successful). Tossing sheets of paper across the room in frustration, he decided a break was necessary and checked his phone to find a text from Nim. After reading it, he quickly rushed to the door to see if his letter had also arrived without him knowing.

Sure enough, there it was, taped to his door. Or at least, that's what it probably was - one would think that an exam to move onto the next grade level would be mandatory. He quickly tried to make himself presentable (but really, with all those ink stains, since when was he ever exactly "presentable") and tried to button a clean shirt with one hand while texting Nim with his other.

To Nim:[color=white]
I got my letter too! Wanna see if we can take it together? I'll meet you there!

He quickly grabbed some items from his desk and stuffed them inside his bag, not sure what he would need (what if it was a written exam?), and ran outside to see if he could catch up to the reaper.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm
Nim definitely did not bring anything with her. She'd been too excited to get down to the outskirts of the forest to even think about preparation.

That small oversight left her a little confused in anxious, standing where the note had told her to go. There was a small house, more like a shack, that looked like it had seen better days, but not much else. She had no idea what she was supposed to do now.

There was a box, but just as she went to reach for it her phone buzzed with a message.

"Oh! Quillans coming!"

"Yay." Cirrus said dryly.

"Maybe I should wait til he gets here to touch the box..."

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:37 pm
It didn't take too long for Quillan to reach the edge of the forest where he saw the silhouettes of Nim and Cirrus. Quickly making his way over, he noticed they were standing in front of a large, worn down house.

Once he was close enough, he gave the pony a small pat while he said to Nim, "Sorry! Hope you didn't have to wait too long. This should be the place, right? But I don't see anyone here to proctor the exam!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 pm
Cirrus's ears when back and he snorted, but he didn't say anything as he was pat on the head.

Nim spun to grin at her friend. "Nope, just got here! I haven't seen any teachers but there's a box." Taking that as her cue to finally touch it, she scooped it up and read the note aloud.

"Welcome welcome to the House
Please be quiet as a mouse
The House will tell if you are good
The House will tell if you are bad

Think you're up to face the thing?
If you pass it, all will sing
Do your best, oh fair student
I hope your deaths you do circumvent.

Spooky. I guess that means we go into the house and see what's inside?"

yylaayl

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:26 pm
The ink demon listened as Nim read what was written on the note. He answered, "I guess so." He hoped this wasn't some kind of elaborate prank set up by a bunch of students. Well, they wouldn't known until they tried, right? "You want to go first, or should I?" Quillan said, grinning.  
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:48 am
Nim jumped excitedly. "I want to go first! C'mon Cirrus!" She raced off into the house, waving for Quillan to follow her. It was just a spooky old house, how bad could it be?

The door seemed to open into an old and dusty kitchen. It was a mess, to be honest. Only a few second into their exploration she stepped into something that squelched grossly. "Euuuugh," Nim said, lifting her foot out of it. When she put it back down, it stuck to the floor. "I stepped in something sticky and gross."

yylaayl

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:01 am
Quillan followed closely behind Nim and Cirrus and stopped just short of the sticky mess. "Uhhh..." he looked around to see if there was a towel or something for the ghoul to wipe the substance off her shoe, but as he approached the kitchen counter, he slipped on something else on the floor and fell into a huge vat of chocolate. At least ... it smelled like chocolate, but Quillan wasn't going to test to see if it tasted like chocolate (tempting as it might be) because who knew how long the vat had been there. He barely managed to climb out - the extra weight kept dragging him back down into the brown substance.

"I was trying to find napkins to wipe the gunk off your shoe, but I think at this point, I might need them more than you do..." Quillan said, as he used one hand to remove as much of the chocolate as he could from his other sleeve before flinging chocolate everywhere with shakes from his hand.

total steps: 2

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 am
Nim held a hand to her mouth, trying not to laugh too hard as Quillan struggled in the chocolate. She felt kind of bad, but it was pretty funny.

"Here, let me see if they have any towels or something," she rushed for one of the doors hoping it would be helpful, but as soon as she opened it she was drenched in ice cold water. She let out a tiny scream at the shock and pushed her wet mop of hair out of her eyes. Somehow, Cirrus seemed to have avoided it. "Maybe you should have been the one to open the door..."

Total Steps: 4

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 am
Quillan walked over to the door, also wishing that he'd been the one to open it. He looked up at the door frame, wondering if any more water was going to fall down. Nope. He closed the door and opened it again and, as if it were magic, the ink demon gave a short, wimpy yelp as the ice cold water that had somehow replenished itself washed a large amount of chocolate off his clothes and onto the floor.

Shivering, he pointed to the door and said, "L-let's keep g-going..."

total steps: 3

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:34 pm
Nim managed just jump out of the way of the water without getting splashed, but she bumped into a little bucket of... bones? The spilled across the floor, rattling loudly as they spread out. Basically they were just a mess and they needed to get out of this room before they made and even bigger mess.

"There are like a thousand doors in here. How are we supposed to know which is the right one?"

Total Steps: 8

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:39 pm
Quillan shrugged, also wondering how they were going to get out. He was trying carefully to avoid stepping on the bones by walking in between or around them, but on his last step, it seemed something sticky (possibly a remnant of whatever Nim had tread on before?) and with an "oof", Quillan landed on the bones with a loud clatter.

total steps: 6

DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm
Nim also stepped in the sticky substance, but it just added on to her already sticky shoe and she hardly noticed it. She opened doors along the way until she finally opened one that seemed to open into and even bigger room. She gave an excited gasp.

"C'mon Quillan, this way!" She disappeared through the door without looking back to see if he followed.

Total Steps: ENOUGH

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

yylaayl rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:53 pm
Quillan heard Nim's voice but couldn't see her. He tried calling out. "Nim? Where did you go?" He opened a door that was near the vicinity of where he'd last seen her. Nope, that wasn't it. He was once again soaked in ice cold water.

total steps: 7

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces