Submit

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm
This I do wish to know. I don't ever recall their being an Event with exception of some sorta Easter Event way back during the Easter season. Why is it that Why Not? rarely holds Guild Events?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 pm
We used to hold events for almost every major holiday, and I think some other random times.
I don't know why we stopped. Probably because of life //shrug

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 pm
Why Not used to have more guild events but as real life events conflicted with being able to actively post regularly (especially in a RP scenario), it hasn't happened as much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 am
Prof. Moonie
Why Not used to have more guild events but as real life events conflicted with being able to actively post regularly (especially in a RP scenario), it hasn't happened as much.

Ah I see. Well you would think that with popularity of Guilds down that a Guild like this would want to run Events as often as possible to help counteract the low popularity rate of Guilds and to help increase Guild Activity, right?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 am
Jobs, families, lives, blogs, NETFLIX, and internet that is so awful you could cry, like mine...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:29 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

Ah I see. Well you would think that with popularity of Guilds down that a Guild like this would want to run Events as often as possible to help counteract the low popularity rate of Guilds and to help increase Guild Activity, right?
Well we used to do a Haunted Halloween RP Event where we create a mystery and people will have to figure the mystery out, etc. I think the last time we tried to do it, it was a flop.

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:54 am
Because every time we make the effort to hold an event no one participates.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 am
Because it's no longer 2006–2008.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:29 pm
Zphal
Because it's no longer 2006–2008.

That is no good excuse!!!

Mama Ame
Because every time we make the effort to hold an event no one participates.

Then obviously they were too boring for people to want to participate. You just need to find a way to make them interesting enough that people feel they "must" participate in them. XP  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm
Saikii
Jobs, families, lives, blogs, NETFLIX, and internet that is so awful you could cry, like mine...

Don't make them where they require a buncha time to do the activities then. Make enough activities that get people's interest and don't require much time and effort to do.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Saikii

Don't make them where they require a buncha time to do the activities then. Make enough activities that get people's interest and don't require much time and effort to do.
A lot of it is setup. Even if the activities don't take much supervision.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:47 pm
wellwisher
Kor Saiyajinkami
Saikii

A lot of it is setup. Even if the activities don't take much supervision.

And isn't it worth the set-up to get the Guild more active? If the Crew doesn't have much time to put towards set-up then how about creating a set of activities that can work for all Events and tweaking them to fit each and every Event? Also what about setting up a committee made of Guild Staff and Regular Members that have enough free time to set up the Event. I'm pretty sure that Guild Members that aren't in the Staff would be willing to work on an Event Committee if you paid them in Charms or something and you could get the Charms via using the Guild Mule to Claim DCs like I've been doing with my Guild Mule and other Mules.  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:03 am
Kor... Kor... Back in 06-08, we were younger people. As we grew older, we gained responsibilities. Families grew. With that comes the responsibility to support said family as well as oneself. This is a draining responsibility. It sucks away energy and drive. While it has its rewards, the more financial rewards are drained away by bills, auto-repair costs, medicines, doctor visits, irs, ect. That leaves us adults very tirred at the end of the day. Most of us deserve better than we get and it's not fair and it isn't right. To organize an event, online or off takes and residual energy and drive we might have left at the end of the day. Taking care of and supporting a family is hard. The efforts of an adult at the end of the day, often enough, go thankless. Events don't always do well, especially with so few responses. Groups take time and effort to organize. They take energy to coordinate. We, as people don't always have the energy and will at the end of the day to do stuff. Please be considerate of that. Its not that we don't want to do stuff. The life is literally being sucked out of us by the everyday. Some of us who really want to do things don't have the working internet connection that allows them to put forth the effort.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:22 am
I'm going to come off as a huge b***h but...you know what? I don't care.

Do you know how much effort it takes to do a good guild event? I don't mean a half-assed little thing. I mean good. It takes planning. Then it takes set up. And setting up takes forever. Especially if you have multiple RP rooms and you want the posts to look nice. Then if there is a contest? You have monitor that. It's not just something you slap together.

And then if no one participates? Which is what usually happens lately?

I don't have time to do guild contests or events or whatever. I have two children and i'm pregnant with my third. And even though there are four adults living in this house I'm the only one who can manage to clean anything.

So yeah. When I have free time I can think about ten other things that I would rather being doing than setting up a guild event that no one will end up doing.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Prof. Moonie

You're missing the point. The decrease in guild activity isn't because the topics or RPs have become boring. It's because people's real lives interfere with the amount of free time to even come on. It won't matter whether you make a fabulous event or not; people will post when they can.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff