Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH Solo] This Is Not Donut House... (Abbi) FIN! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 pm
"Of all the no good, lousy, pain in the patoot jobs and I get stuck with this one!" Her words were loud and brusque, much higher in angry volume than Abbi was generally used to speaking. Sure, she did a lot of yelling but it was mostly cheers and when it wasn't, it wasn't often. But as she stood at the portal with both hands on her hips and eyebrows drawn down in frustration, the teen had no reservations about speaking her unsavory opinion on being sent back to the Haunted House. And that was because all her reservations were being saved for what would happen once she was there.
As if to remind her of her past failure, the area around the two jagged scars on her back had begun to ache, undoubtedly due to stress, but it was enough to spook the girl. She felt it dreadful luck to be in pain before she'd even passed the portal, but it was easier to cover up her worries with agitated bravado.
Even if the portal operators were beginning to tune her out.

About to start pointing accusingly at people, the teen was pushed forward through the glowing exit and nearly screamed when she had no chance to make it through with both feet. It had become a habit to jump through the portal, not go it one leg at a time, and it was all because she had gotten it into her head, with no real basis in reality, that if she wasn't careful she would get hurt taking it slow. With a very undignified noise the girl landed in a heap on the gray grass, quick to push herself up onto hands and knees. It would be the worst to be caught unawares, and while she had a number of things to yell at the portal operators for their very rude treatment, the House loomed before her and there was no one else there.

Already all of this was going terribly, everything was pointing in the worst possible direction,but there wasn't a back out option. There was no B button to press to cancel this mission, no 'jk I didn't want to do this, let's do something else for a while' possibility.
Abbi had to, for better or more likely for much worse, tough it out.

"I ain't afraid of no ghosts..." She said quietly to herself, giving a glare at the house before she charged across the lawn and up the stairs, not stopping until she'd kicked open the door and rushed into the first room. Gray floorboards creaked under her boots, nothing but washed out colors surrounded her, and a dull mist curled around her stockinged legs.
OK so maybe this was a really terrible idea...

lizbot
paging the one and only Lizmeister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:15 am
The house shift and breaths around her for a moment like a living thing. Moments later white blobs form in the hallway just outside the room and then bob past, going into other areas of the house. Meanwhile, in the room, Abbi finds a couch.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 pm
Now that she had more time to properly stand inside the house, to feel it shift and undulate beneath her, Abbi realized it wasn't at all ghosts she was afraid of. It was the House itself, it had never been the same any time she had visited. In fact, the entrance had been much different from the previous time.
When she'd come here last, she'd gone through a window into a wide sitting or living room. This time she'd entered a hallway that stretched out in tilted lines. It looked like it would rise up one moment and then settle to being just slightly off. All of this was considered with a scrupulous eye that, unfortunately for the skittish girl, showed her the little blobs that were forming at the end of the hallway.

With a sputtering noise Abbi turned, all too prepared to kick back open the door and run back to Deus, only to find the door had not felt it prudent to stay. Another noise left her as she placed both hands on the expanse of wall that would have held a door just fine had it not abandoned her, but she bit it off and whirled back around.
No! No she would not fall to terror! She was a Hunter and this was just some stupid house that changed! If she was in real danger she could port out, but her mission was to patrol the House and that was what she was going to do!
After she summoned her weapon because it felt safer than being defenseless.

Now that she was turned back around, Abbi found that the room had decided to turn too. No longer was she in the foyer, but an actual room with...
"When did that couch get here?" It definitely hadn't been there before... Right?
{ Probably not but... Ye should'na sit on it }
"I'm totally going to sit on it."
And she did, only after she'd given it a few good pokes with her scythe to make sure nothing was hiding in it or to chase out any gross spiders.

Lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:22 pm
The couch was very comfy and after a moment, two glowing slits formed in its upholstery and then widened to reveal a pair of eyes. The couch heaved, opened its mouth, and swallowed Abbi whole. There was a sense of the thing moving, as if trying to her off.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ayeavast

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 pm
If it were at all possible for anyone, or anything for that matter, in the Haunted House to hear things that happened in others room, then surely the sound of Abbi's exceptionally loud screaming would reach them. Most likely that was not the case and thus, the girl did all her shouting and wailing in vain.
Well, mostly in vain. Viveca was there, doing her own shouting and growling, snapping demands and things to try to get them out of... a couch.

"I CHANGED MY MIND--" She yelled as she did her best to swing her scythe at the inside of the couch, or through it, or just really tried to hit it in general. "I DON'T WANNA SIT ON IT!" Then the couch started to move and the teen went still.
The thought of I live here now went through her head as she literally sunk into the mass, but she realized this was her moment to attack.
...Or, not...

The only things she'd ever encountered in the Haunted House were Horsemen, and they were all attack first, ask questions later. But she'd met Viveca and the mermaid during her promotion mission and they had both been swayed by friendly chatter. Maybe this couch was just lonely! If it lived here in the Haunted House, Abbi bet it was actually really bored. In fact, she figured it ate a lot of people who accidentally sat on it. If she were big enough to eat people who sat on her, she would too... Not that she ever had anyone sit on her...
"Heyyyy buddyyyy~" The girl cooed in a muffled voice as she tried to wiggle around inside the chair. There had been a spooky short story one of her literature teachers had made her read in school about some weird dude who built chairs with removable backs so he could sit inside them while others used the chairs as normal... It had been freaky to the max, but the idea occurred to the teen now and she stretched out an arm and leg experimentally to see if she could mimic the action. Perhaps if she could, she would be able to... Well, she wasn't really sure but she just had to test things out!
"You eat people often? Humans, I mean... Do ya eat Halloweenies too?" She snorted to herself. Eating Halloweenies, ha ha...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:02 am
There was a groan that possibly meant yes. Or possibly no. The couch was not very expressive beyond comfy and hungry. The thing continued to move until finally the interior around Abbi became tight and...sticky. There was a shift and it tightened still further until she was suddenly disgorged from the couch. Cotton stuck to her small wads and the huntress dripped with sticky couch saliva.

The creature itself had already begun shuffle off, clumping along on its tiny peg feet. Looking around, Abbi would find herself surrounded by a cushions and pillows that formed a nest of sorts. At the center of it all, were several ottomans that, upon closer inspection, appeared to be breathing.

ayeavast

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:51 pm
Somehow the creature had heard her not yet voiced pleas to be released and obliged. Though she was released in a mass of couch saliva and sticky stuffing, Abbi was not one to complain, well not more than just mild judgement.
"Did you... Did you try to digest me? Please tell me you threw me up..." She looked horror stricken for a moment, hands flapping to get the fluff off so she could begin to remove it from herself, but no such luck was to be had. "Yeah ok you know what, I don't wanna know." Both hands cut through the air in a motion of being done with the subject. The teen offered a goodbye wave to the couch thing as it wandered off before she turned around to face whatever it was that had she had been spit out into.

"Oooohhhhh no. Oh no no no no. Nope. I know what you guys do, I am not falling for the same thing twice." She wagged a finger at the ottomans and walked away from them, instead deciding to try to find a way out. Or something else since she was not going to even get close to the other furniture pieces, just in case they thought she looked like a tasty snack too.
"Man this is a crazay place. Couches that'll eat you, breathing furniture, those white orbs." She shivered for a moment before she continued to wander around the room, totally ignoring everything that Viveca was saying because it was all scolds. As she wandered she did what she could to pick off the stuffing from her coat and stockings and hair, trying very hard not to think about whether or not couch saliva stained clothes.
"You know... I'll take the orbs over hungry couches. I'll just photograph them and rile the whole ghost community up!"
Viveca did not take kindly to that comment and arranged a number of curses for her headmate to peruse through.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:15 pm
She'd later find her clothes stained in granny patterns, bu at least it didn't eat into her flesh. A white blob floated past out of the corner of her eye but was gone once she tried to get a good look. They appeared to be somewhat tricksome.

Looks like Abbi would have to put on her ghost hunting hat!

ayeavast

Roll 1 d10
1 : she finds a mirror, her reflection does some pretty insulting stuff
2 : she hears the soft clatter of tiny wooden feet, one of the ottomans had decided to follow her. It doesn't attack, but instead look cute. It will follow her even back to the island.
3 : she hits the roof! Or at least the ceiling, because the house flips upside down, forcing her to navigate around the lights and chandeliers, and a lot of dust as nobody seems to have cleaned them in quite some time. Noting that nothing else seems to have fallen to the ceiling, it is very likely that Abbi has contracted the upside downs. They will continue for about an hour after she leaves the haunted house, so its suggested Abbi refrain from going outdoors until she can get her feet on the ground and head out of the clouds.
4 : a white blob floats by, singing a vaguely crude song about her mother. it is gone before it can be caught.
5 : a door opens and an army of crabs is about to descend on Abbi, roll 1d20 to close that door. 10 and over is success, anything lower and she gets pinched and pinched and poked and poked for a good five minutes resulting in 10 dmg and a lingering odor.
6 : she finds a very nice, very clean bathroom, but the toilets look shifty and possibly hungry for human flesh.
7 : she falls and there is a loud sound, when Abbi hits the ground she's dressed as Princess Peach. Nothing else happens.
8 - 10 :

Quote:
Boo Mob:
10HP
1 auto damage

To capture:
It's HP must be between 1-2 in order to stun the Boo.
If the HP drops to 0 it explodes into what seems like melted marshmallow all of the hunter and in its place are two more Boos, each at 10 HP, each doing 1 HP apiece (so now 2 auto damage from the both.)
Repeat as needed.
This will continue until all Boos are caught or the hunters pendant out.

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:24 pm
Most normal people might not really enjoy the idea of their clothes being stained with garish floral patterns so over the top only a grandmother could love them, but Abbi was not necessarily normal. The skirt she wore, a pale blue circle skirt, was stained in places to the point of nearly being bleached white with the patterns. As a sign of her recognition that she had learned something from the experience, and because it made a cool decoration, the teen hung the skirt on her wall upon her return to Deus so that she could smile sometimes at the silly flowers imprinted into the cloth.
But that was not now, and for now the girl had begun to notice that the little white blobs had begun to appear more often. They skirted past her vision, flirted at the edges of sight, and generally made the girl remember unfortunate other times when she noticed such things (though usually of a darker hue).
With a frown she moved out into the hallway, blue eyes darting from side to side.

One door in particular caught her interest, she had sworn she'd seen a little orb floating around its handle and Abbi almost reached for it...
But something (most likely Viveca) made her draw back.
"If there's more ginger eating furniture behind this door... I'd really rather not take the chance." So she didn't. She turned and walked off down the hallway, but she did promise herself to come back.  
AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:57 pm
A grand total of three steps were taken down the hallway before she had the craziest sense of vertigo.
Though unfamiliar with the sensation since her equilibrium was pretty well maintained at all times, the closest the teen had ever come to the sensation was when her father moved the two of them into a large house meant to additionally house his new wife and her two children. The house had not been fully finished when Abbi had gone to visit, whereupon she had gotten bored at looking at empty rooms and wandered out onto the backporch to view the backyard. The porch had yet to be fully completed too, but the twelve year old Abbi was unaware of that fact at the time. She was corrected on it quite quickly when she stepped on a sheet of plywood that bowed under her weight and tipped her to one side. Girl and wood fell to the ground in a terrible noise, thankfully Abbi was unhurt, but the feeling of the world going a little odd occurred to her once more here in the Haunted House.

If she had been outside she would surely have seen the horizon twist on its axis, but as it were since she was inside, Abbi only watched as the corner of floor and wall rotated quickly from horizontal to vertical. Things didn't happen quite in slow motion, but they didn't happen quickly either. Her center of gravity moved up, as though some giant had clutched the back of her coat and tugged her into the air. Freckled hands shot out to clutch at the ground and missed because a whole five feet and gaining separated them.
With a noise of a mingled scream and a clunk of body against hardwood, Abbi hit the ceiling. It felt an awful lot like falling through a porch, since it meant she traveled a whole floor in a very short amount of time, and the girl lay there gasping for all the air that had been knocked from her.

"Waitaminute." A roll to her side and a quick bend and push of her knees had the teen up onto her feet.
On the ceiling.
Only she was... Hanging down from the ceiling, or she would be if her perception was skewed from standing down on the floor.
"Oh my glob, I bet I look like a bat." There was a long pause as Abbi looked around herself in dismay. "Yeeeech."
But somehow this was her fate, for now at least, so all that was left to do was get used to it.
"I should think it very strange, indeed!" Abbi mused to herself in what she considered a very good impersonation of Alice in Wonderland.

A foot crunched against the spackled ceiling, sent little sparkles of white-grey what would normally be considered down to the floor, only Abbi saw it as sending them up into the air.
"Curioser and curioser." She announced in her regular voice, giving her pigtails a shake before she began to explore the hallway as best she could from up on the ceiling.  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:59 am
Walking on the ceiling was definitely the strangest of the myriad of odd things Abbi had done in her young life, though she was finding that they were stranger once she'd reached Deus. A lot of the time those actions weren't always fun, but today, despite the general quality of wtf-ery involved with the Haunted House, Abbi found that a stroll on a new path was fun!
Sure! She was hella worried about how she was going to get down, or when it would wear off because the walking part was fun, the getting up there not so much. Her side still hurt from traveling the space between floor and ceiling so quickly and she was certain she'd have a righteous bruise the next day. But for now, she was resolved to make the most of it.

"Wait... Wait oh dang, how am I supposed to investigate?" Totally content to walk the hallway, the girl now paused to look down at her surroundings, confused as to where to head next.
Actually, was it even possible for her to open a door from up on the ceiling?

Now honestly curious, the girl hastened to the nearest door and peered down at it. The handle rested far higher up on the wall that she was used to, high enough that a reach up on her tippy toes didn't even brush the handle.
"If I were an intrepid Hunter sent to investigate a topsy turvy house that stuck me on the ceiling without a reason... How would I open a door?"
Kicking was the most obvious choice but Abbi doubted she could really kick open a door, so she opted for jumping.

That seemed to work pretty well as the door handle was eventually grabbed onto, a tricky thing though as it was above her head and slippery in the way that most door handles lack any sort of substantial traction. There was luck on the girl's side, however, as the handle was the pretty curving kind that only required a small depress on one side to click open the door. With a woosh the door swung open as Abbi pushed it as she fell, landing on her feet and pushing herself up and over the lip of the threshold to enter the room.
"Oh glob dangit, I hate mirror rooms." A thousand Abbi's stared back at the one in the doorway, each with a mimicking surprised look.
A second later each other Abbi burst into frenzied motion, some of them flashing dreadfully foul signs, others going absolutely insane, and even more already in states of undress.
With a huff the actually Abbi turned and jumped out the room, not even bothering to close the door behind her.  
AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:04 pm
With the secret of how to open doors (and thinking she probably looked a lot like a small house pet when she did it) Abbi had decided that she should explore. Sure, that opened her up to the possibility of finding something, or more importantly someone, she did not want to deal with. At the same time, she did have a duty to Deus to bring back as much information as possible. Even if it was only 'I found out the gravity can flip in the house!', but it was something.

"Ooooohhh~ Another door alright!" This handle felt higher up than the first one, but Abbi was relentless, and very stubborn, so it wasn't too difficult to finally latch onto the handle. Somehow she managed a good grasp on the handle so that when it clicked open, the teen didn't let go and instead swung with the door. That felt a little strange, she was absolutely certain she looked like a pesky cat, but it also helped her get into the room faster.
Which was...
"A bathroom? Seriously? Ghosts and zombies like... Need this sort of thing?"
Whateverrrrrrrrr.

Surprised to find the bathroom so clean, Abbi wandered around on the ceiling casually, glad the stalls didn't go all the way up to the ceiling so she could peer down between them. Lucky for her, no one was in them either, but those toilets were... Moving.
{ Ah think they're... They're lookin' at ye... }
The girl narrowed her eyes at the things, then took a step away.
"Are those tongues? Sticking out... Oh heck no, we are blowing this popsicle stand. Nu-uh. Ain't getting eaten by anything else today no how no way."

She flounced out without anything else to say, though there was a lot of hand waving to indicate she was super done with this situation.  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:45 pm
And while all of this wandering around the Haunted House on her own was super awesome and she was really enjoying not being attacked by any gross monsters or Horsemen, truth be told, Abbi was kinda bored. This had been fun at first, but now she just wanted to go home. She hadn't seen anyone, so that meant her patrol was over, right?
Since no one was there to tell her no, that gave the teen free reign to turn herself around and march toward what she expected the front of the house to be.
Only, well... There was this hallway... And then a second hallway at the end of this, and then that first hallway had been become three separate branching off hallways when Abbi turned around and she was still upside down so this was very confusing.

Somehow in her confusion of getting turned around, there was a chandelier that decided it definitely wanted to hug Abbi. Or she had decided that she wanted to hug it. Either way, her foot got caught in the chain and she went down with a... A... An unexpected noise.
A pair of gloved hands pushed down against the ceiling, of which Abbi was confused about. She hadn't been wearing gloves... Let alone elbow length ones. And what was this weird weight around her hips? And since when was she wearing such a high collared shirt and "Oh my god I'm Princess Peach."

In a flurry of pink and fluffy skirts Abbi is up on her feet (heels! Real Peach heels!) and runs excitedly in a circle. The dress is the most insane high quality she's ever seen in her life, honest to glob tulle and petticoats and silk gloves adorning her.
"I bet I could win ALL the cosplay competitions with this!"

The Haunted House was sometimes a huge bag of dicks, but sometimes it was also an awesome power up mushroom.  
AyeAvast rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 7 Total: 16 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:44 pm
The skirts were too heavy and long to walk in properly, but that just meant she had to pick them up and hustle just like The Real Princess Peach.
Abbi was thoroughly enjoying herself, even though she was crazy lost. There had been a staircase that she had passed (but didn't remember seeing on her way down the hall), there had been a dead-end she'd had to turn around in, and there were absolutely no windows and no doors.
The hallway she'd found herself in was... Completely empty.

Heels clattered down along the ceiling, echoing awkwardly around the teen, amplifying the already unsettling feeling of the quiet house. Her noise halts when she saw a door and with glee Abbi ran straight toward it.
Using her momentum to push herself higher she jumped with her arms outstretched, managed to grab the handle and fell into the room in a pile of pink tulle and lace and orange hair. One of her shoes went flying, it skidded across the floor and the girl heard it finally stop a few feet from her.
"Uuuugggghhhh... When is this ceiling thing gonna eeeeennnddddd?" She wailed, letting herself lie on the floor for another few seconds before she popped up into a sit.

The shoe she had lost was kindly offered to her by a white, stubby hand.
"Hey, thanks." Abbi smiled at the floating blob, slipped her shoe onto her foot and screamed as she clamored away from the creature.
Rational thought fled and instinct took over, her weapon summoned and swung at the blob. It was sliced through with a pop of marshmallowy fluff, splitting in two to fall on the floor.
"Ick! Do not get on my mega awesome dress." Abbi instructed and lucky for her, the blob listened.

Instead the two melted halves congealed immediately into two more blobs that floated up to peer at her with beady black eyes.
"Crapbaskets."

HP: 49/50
Attack: 10
Target: B #1
Boo #1 HP: KO'D!!!!  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

AyeAvast rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:28 pm
Curiosity spread on her features, the teen letting her arms relax a little as she watched the two ghostly blobs float down from the floor and hover near her pink princessed person. Abbi's mouth opened, but closed to form a pout a second later. Though, once the idea to speak had gotten into her head it wouldn't leave and there was hardly a beat after the pout that the teen spoke to the ghosts.
"So you guys don't like... Adhere to laws of physics either, huh?" The two blobs, which seemed to have beady black eyes and frowns, said nothing and only floated closer.

Being too trusting was undoubtedly one of Abbi's biggest flaws, for she did not react violently like she had the first time. After all, the Boo hadn't hurt her, not really, and they were just staring at her and--
And then one of them tapped her arm.
"Hey... What are you... Hey!" The other one tapped her arm too and, worried they would do more, Abbi swung her scythe at one of them.

HP: 47/50
Attack: 7
Target: Boo #2
Boo #1 HP: KO'D
Boo #2 HP: 3
Boo #3 HP: 10  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers