Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 pm
User Image

What was she doing back here? She scuffed her feet against the ground as she walked out of Loka Nei Jungle. There was the family reunion and everyone was so loud, of course she was just looking for some solace.

But on the edge of Sein Lagoon? Just a coincidence. No other explanation. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with a certain insane, yet oddly quick thinking multicolored naiad. He did have a unique way of looking at the world. She kind of liked that. But that was lending itself to the thought that she had come there with the purpose of seeing him. HA! That was laughable. Everyone who knew the sham rocked female knew that she loved nothing more than solitude, except perhaps a good hunt. Her antennae snapped even as she thought, flicking side to side. She didn't rightly see him though, at least not right away. Stupid, stupid! Don't feel disappointed! What's wrong with you? In a way he did sort of help save her life. Not that she didn't help him of course. It was equal. Unequivocally, undeniably equal. The female moved to the edge where she sat down, much as she had done the first time they had met.

She wasn't waiting. That would mean she wanted to see him. It was just a coincidence that she happened to sit around the same vicinity as where she knew he lived.

Seiana_zi
Just keep livin in your fantasy world Cressy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 am
User ImageThe adventure in the strange swamp jungle land with strange high tree houses had been interesting enough, he supposed. Full of climbing, jumping, trees and flashbacks of events that had happened or hadn't happened long ago, just all within a normal day's thoughts really.

That was not to say it wasn't easy for Okeanos to fall back into his old habits near the Sein Lagoon, quickly retaking his home from any rascal mice who thought they could dominate over him. His presence was a weight on the world because he was the most powerful, after all, hence why he lived with such a powerful body of water, the ocean...

The naiad, today, was lounging in a tree, legs still wet as they hung over the side of a branch. ... Of course, by lounging, it was really meant hanging upside down in a tree much like a bat, playing with the odd flute he had gained possession of during their trip into the forest.

Curiously, he brought it to his lips, and pondered blowing into it.

He didn't.

In his position, Okeanos noticed Cressida before she noticed him, but he made no effort to approach her. The green demon was curious, to Okeanos, especially with the way she kept approaching him much like she was a foolish fish drawn to the angler's dangling light...

Heh.

Tartara Seabreeze
Okeanos wonders, what exactly keeps bringing this girl over here...

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 am
This was silly. She was being ridiculous and knew it. Denying the fact simply made it even worse. It was quite frankly sad how the closest thing to a friend she had was a naiad she had so far tried to beat up and climbed a tree with.

That was pretty much it. The male was clearly insane at times and if she had any sense she'd leave their last encounter at the swamp and be done with it. With a soft growl of frustration, the female stood up and brushed the dirt off her legs. He wasn't even here anyway. Perhaps that was a good thing as she'd die of embarrassment if it came out that for some reason she missed him. The female turned to leave as her emerald eyes flicked along the tree line. Then promptly, literally, face palmed. "Would it have killed you to say something?" Cressida grumbled at the pair of blue eyes staring at her. Was he upside down? She must have literally passed under him on the way in, hidden largely by her lack of attention and the tree cover.

Well, at least she found him. Or really he found her. He'd probably would want to know why she came. She didn't rightly have an answer. Why do I never think things through?

Seiana_zi
She'd tell ya, but then she'd have to kill you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:24 am
Was she going to leave? How oblivious to her surroundings she was! Such easy prey, the green one was. Her camouflage offered her little benefit in the location there were in, clovered tail useless as a limp leg.

Okeanos stayed quiet, choosing to observe even as she turned to leave -- and then placed her hand on her face with a loud smack. She spotted him. At her words, the naiad cackled, a devious smirk on his face and a twinkle in his eyes. Was he toying with her, or was he trying to be playful?

.. Hard to say.

The naiad swung with his legs, back and forth, before flinging himself off, doing a flip in the air, and landing on his feet.

Very agile.

"Perhaps, Green. Would it have killed you to keep walking towards the cliff side, there?" The head tilt he gave was fairly inquisitive.

Tartara Seabreeze
He says no luck with that, greenie...

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:48 am
His laughter came as no surprise, as Okeanos simply was that sort of male. The type to play with his food before killing it. She watched intently at his flip, a part of her appreciating his fluid motions. After all, one didn't rightly expect a naiad to be much use outside of the water. "Probably not. I have wings. Now you on the other hand..." Familiar bantering between the two. Most pae would greet each other with a friendly hello. They however talked about walking off cliffs.

However nothing was precisely normal about either of the two pae there. "Do you always stare creepily at your guests, or am I just special?" The female spoke as she walked towards the male, her yellow hands slipping onto her hips.

Seiana_zi
blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 pm
"But Green, how can you know? You do not know the capabilities of my physique. Perhaps I am adept at diving into waters."

Considering he was a naiad, the adeptness would make sense, but then, he had never shown her he could do so. And the cliff he was pointing at was not exactly a low one...

At her next works, Okeanos stared at her lips, like he was reading them though he could clearly hear them. His lips copied the motions of her, though no sounds released, as he moved a bit closer to her. After a few seconds of total silence that stuck to skin like sand, he let out a loud, merry laugh. "That is a question indeed, Green!"

Yes, it was...

"You are leading. Are you hoping I declare you special?"

Okeanos seemed ... amused.

Then again, he always did.

Tartara Seabreeze

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:39 pm
"Perhaps. Perhaps not. We are pretty high up." It made her feel uneasy, the way he stared at her lips. He wasn't thinking about kissing her, right? That would be weird. No pae had ever looked at her like that, and it made her squirm inwardly. Quickly she caught on however to him mimicking her movements. Well that was a relief!

She was about to pick on him for not answering him, when he proposed an interesting question. Leading? What did he mean...Oh Crabgrass. I was. She felt her cheeks start to warm. She didn't mean to! It was a mistake! Curses. With her showing up and what not, he was going to start thinking she actually liked him! What a ludicrous thought. "No. No I didn't mean it that way." She felt rather foolish now, didn't she? Here she was trying to insult him and he easily flipped it around. Curse that blasted fish. "You didn't answer though why you were staring."

Seiana_zi
Cressida: gonk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:06 pm
Her face was turning interesting colors. Was it about to explode? Perhaps in a shower of rainbow or clovers like the tail that flicked and the antennae that bit--

Her words earned further laughter, a sly grin on his face making its way into his eyes. Once again, she tried to pivot, trying to press her own topic when he had already given her quite a flaw. There was a moment or two that ticked by, Okeanos looking at her with a suddenly very serious look, staring at her though he seemed to be looking beyond her -- that was gone in a moment, just as suddenly as it arrived.

"I must observe any prey that comes to my territory."

That was ominous.

"But your no was too delayed, your face changed too many colors like a chameleon. I know your secret, Green, and it is that your face could be named Red."

Tartara Seabreeze

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:47 pm
She wanted to lamely answer that she wasn't prey, and how she wanted to smack that laughter out of him. All she could muster though was a continued blush. He was so aggravating, particularly because he hadn't precisely said anything wrong. He was just intelligent. But still bat-crazy. "Or, you know, you could use my actual name too. But sure, use colors." Did he even remember her name? She couldn't recall him once calling her by her true name, but he did seem to drop the 'eyes' in favor of just green.

She couldn't drag on...whatever they were doing...forever. Eventually he'd wonder why she had showed up, and it certainly wasn't to stand there blushing like a teen who was asked for their first dance. What to say, what to say. What would be a good reason to come to Okeanos of all pae? "But I didn't come here to talk about colors." Good save. Sort of. "Did you ever do anything with that horn and coin?"

Seiana_zi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 pm
The remark on using her actual name came back with some level of bite, but all the bite left him doing was laughing. He seemed to gain far more amusement out of her than she was gaining out of him...

Okeanos caught her save, but decided not to press this one further, because the question about the "horn" and the "coin" actually managed to catch his attention. He still held the musical instrument behind his back, and when it was mentioned, he carefully looked over his shoulder to make sure it was still there.

In what was probably the most straight-forward response he had ever given in the entirety of his life on Telrunya, Okeanos simply replied, "No."

He still had the coin and the horn, that meant.

"If you are asking after the coin, have you done something with yours?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:31 pm
That was probably the easiest answer she ever gotten from the male. No doubt the last time it would be too.

She shook her head to the follow up question, a slight sigh escaping. "No, my tiara and coin have just been gathering dust. I thought something special would come of it considering..." They witnessed an entire ghost war before acquiring the things. She guessed they'd be magical in some way, but despite dropping it in water, rubbing it, or throwing the coin, nothing happened.

Either she was wrong, or she wasn't doing what was needed to activate it. But apparently she wasn't alone in the matter. "Ugh. That's disappointing."

Did he buy it? It looks like he bought it. That the coins were the reason she was there. Success.

Seiana_Zi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:12 am
Okeanos listened to her, for a few moments, nodding sagely when she described what she was doing. He then tilted his head the other way and repeated the action.

He paused, for a moment, as if pondering what she said, before he suddenly launched and circled around her, much like a vulture circling their prey. His legs stopped in front of her, and he poked her in the chest with a force that was a bit unnecessary for a poke, though he didn't seem to acknowledge that much or care about it either. There was a twinkle in his eyes that did not make its way to his voice when he said, "You walked here simply to ask me about a thing when you have done nothing useful with it yourself, and call it by disappointing when you have influence over those actions..."

His voice was inquisitive, at best. Cold at worst.

"Why would you expect a different result from me when you have not done anything of the same? Why would I let go of my treasures from the phantom retelling we were privy to?"

A pause, before he stepped back a few steps.

"Green ventured all the way to the cliffside to ask me such a question?"

Tartara Seabreeze

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:59 pm
As he questioned her motives, her emerald eyes flashed down to the ground. She wanted to see him, why again? Okeanos seemed to dance between a line of insanity or malice. Sometimes blending the two together. With the sort of wide eyed curiosity of a child. All thrown in together. "Partially. And I like it here. It's why you met me here a few seasons ago." Throw on more excuses since he didn't like the previous one. But no matter how mean or crazy he was, the naiad first and foremost was intelligent. He had a knack for recognizing her hollow defense, so much so that she wouldn't be surprised if he knew the real reason and was simply cat and mousing her.

In fact, that seemed like the most probable situation. "And, ya know, I haven't seen you in a while. Wanted to make sure you weren't dead yet." Probably the closest he was going to get her to admit to.

Seiana_Zi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:28 pm
Okeanos saw her avert her gaze, refusing to look him in his eyes, and he repositioned himself, his arms crossing and his gaze angling down. He almost looked -- disdainful, or maybe just villainous, for a moment --

More excuses poured out of her lips, though he certainly knew them for what they were. She liked it there, she may have, but if she just liked it there she would not have attempted to leave when she did not see him. It would be a waste of a trip then, to just walk to glance off the cliff for mere moments before leaving.

And she was right -- he walked the line between madness and malice, but he was intelligent. He wouldn't get away with it otherwise.

Wanted to make sure you weren't dead yet.

His eyes glinted, his glance lowering a bit to face her more directly, approaching once again. Playing with danger, he reached up, placing his fingers near the snapping antennae.

"You care for my well-being," he noted, voice sing-song and positively grating, "If you wish to know when I am dead, I can tell my mellon to send you a missive..."

But he knew that wasn't it.

Tartara Seabreeze

Seiana_ZI

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:53 pm
Out of respect for their previous ordeal, she had let the chest-poking slide. Hadn't even flinched. But her antennae on the other hand, sometimes had a mind of their own. Like a whip the closest one clamped on his hand, razor sharp thorns within tearing before quickly snapping back. She took a step back to move her irritated appendages away from the naiad. Her teeth clenched slightly. Bad enough that he kept insisting on touching her, a thing he KNEW she hated, but that annoying tone of voice! It was all she could do to not storm away.

But the demon didn't, and she didn't clearly understand why. "You helped out in the swamp. It's the least I can do to make sure you're still breathing." It came out as a mutter however, still tense. "And your mellon doesn't know where to find me."

Seiana_Zi

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces