Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Too Far (Yin and Lutz) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
ramenli rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 pm
In times of stress and confusion Yin turned to the one place he felt completely comfortable. The gym. Which somewhat explained why he had spent even more time than usual in the building over the past few days than he normally did.

Today was different. There was a boil he vaguely thought he had seen before doing...something...to a dummy. Yin was not sure what, and he was not sure he wanted to know. What he was fairly certain of was that the boil had no real idea of what he was doing.

Unable to bear it any longer Yin found himself making his way to him, cringing at his form. "Excuse me, would you be interested in fighting less--a spar? I would be willing to fight at a first year level to make it even." He was a third year, he did not want to crush him, just...help him.

And make the pain go away. Watching this was just horrifying.

Kaiyumi~

Kaiyumi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:27 pm
Lutz wasn't even going to pretend that he knew how to fight, nevermind where to even begin with the training process. Although he couldn't remember anything of his former life, just a single glance at his slender body seemed to be evidence enough that he had never been the physical activity type.

And so, when another boil suddenly approached him and offered him a spar, Lutz was simultaneously relieved and nervous at the same time. On one hand, he had been getting tired of awkwardly and ineffectively swinging his fists at the practice dummy. On the other hand, though...a spar? If he couldn't even deal with a dummy, how was he supposed to go up against an actual person?

Still, it would be a good opportunity--that much he had to admit. That, and the upperclassman had agreed to ease up a little for his sake which was, while a little embarrassing, exactly what he needed. Clearing his throat, the boil stepped away from the dummy and shrugged.

"I uh. Sure, I guess. That would be...nice. I suppose."

ramenli

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:53 pm
Yin smiled at him. He seemed unsure, but with a bit of training he could probably gain some confidence. "I am Yin Cang, it is a pleasure to meet you."

He bowed then, stepping back a pace to give them a bit of room but still staying near the dummies. "I am going to attack your right side first." he warned, giving the other boil a chance to orient himself before doing as promised, lashing out with a light blow to the boil's shoulder, but then, instead of stepping back or defending himself he stayed with his arm extended. "This type of strike leaves my side exposed to attacks, if someone is quick enough to take advantage of it."

Hint hint.

HP: 50
Damage: 2

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:06 pm
"Er, nice to meet you Yin Cang," He greeted slowly as he gave a little nod, "I'm Lutz."

And with the pleasantries out of the way, it was time to start the spar. Lutz was admittedly a little anxious about how this was going to go, but he felt a hint of relief surge through him upon hearing Yin announce his first attack. Ah, was this how this spar was going to go? It was nice to know that he would get some tips and tricks to work with.

Giving a quick nod to indicate that he understood, Lutz took the offered hint and immediately swung a fist out at the other boil's right side, just managing to land a weak strike.

"Huh, I see...!"

HP: 28

ramenli

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:40 pm
Yin tried not to cringe at the blow. Not because it hurt, but because it was so...pathetic really.

"Do not just aim at my side and stop your fist, move your body as though the blow will continue on so it has more force."

He turned and demonstrated a move on the dummy, hoping that Lutz could see and get what he was saying without too much help. "And try to move more quickly as well. I am simply going slowly so that you can see the attacks and attempt to dodge."

Because surely that was not the boil's fighting speed. Surely.

HP: 48
Damage: 0

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:46 pm
Yin may have been ashamed at Lutz's subpar attack, but the corpse marionette himself was really rather proud. After all, he had managed to land a strike, granted that it was one that had been...all but given to him.

...Okay. Maybe he didn't feel quite as proud about it anymore.

"So...follow through with the attack then?" It seemed logical enough, and it honestly baffled Lutz that he hadn't thought of doing that. Apparently the nervousness that came with him trying to fight just tended to fry Lutz's thinking capacities.

Good thing he was a quick learner, then. Nodding at the given advise, the boil made an effort to be quicker on his feet as he swung his fist out in a...slightly stronger, but still weak, attack. At least he had followed through this time, right?

HP: 28
Damage: 3

ramenli

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 pm
Yin could actually feel that, and he flashed his razor sharp teeth at the other boil. "Excellent! That was better." It still needed work, but he could work with that. Once you had the foundations down you could build on them, and that was what Lutz needed for now.

"But your hands are not your only weapon," Yin added, moving to face the other boil. "I like side kicks personally." That was all the warning he gave before executing the move, moving a bit slower than his normal speed to show the undead how he performed the maneuver.

HP: 45

Kaiyumi

Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm
Yin-senpai kakkoi~~ emotion_kirakira

Embarrassing as the circumstance had been, Lutz was really starting to appreciate the fact that Yin had approached him to give him a hand--Jack knew he needed it.

Ah, yes, kicking. Stumbling a little at the light strike that the other boil had dealt him as an example, Lutz grimaced as it then became his turn to try it out. Truthfully, he felt like he had less control of his legs than he did with his arms, but...might as well give it a go.

It was about as haphazard as you could expect.

HP: 26
Damage: 1

ramenli

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm
Well, there was one thing to be said for Lutz.

It was hard to tell what he was going to do, and Yin could not completely dodge the attack. "You want to kick with your heel," Yin added, "and you also need to rotate on the ball of your foot. You may need to work on your balance independently to be comfortable with that."

He pivoted quickly and lashed out again, still trying to hold back while demonstrating the proper technique and just how useful it could be in an actual fight.

HP: 44
Damage: 5  
Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm
Lutz could only nod. It sounded easy enough in theory--kick with heel, rotate on ball of foot--but actually mastering it was a whole different matter. He wasn't sure if he always had balance this bad or if it was a result of him having been turned into a marionette, but maintaining his balance while kicking out his leg proved to be a struggle.

Perhaps one day he would be as skilled as Yin, whose example had actually managed to stagger him and nearly send him tripping backwards onto the ground. In contrast, his attempt at a counterattack wasn't nearly as effective, but at least it was better.

All that could be said about Lutz was that although he sucked, at least he was improving.

HP: 21

ramenli

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-12)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm
Yin nodded, accepting the progress Lutz had made so far. He was starting to get into the fight, looking now for areas of particular weakness. It was not too hard to find unfortunately, and he quickly reached out and slapped Lutz' face.

"Always keep your guard up. Even when you attack you need to be ready for the next move. Plus keeping your arms up means that you are in a better position going into the next move."

Such wisdom he was imparting. And face slaps. Hopefully Lutz did not mind those.

HP: 41
Kaiyumi rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 pm
Did…did he just slap him?

It wasn’t like Yin was using much force so it didn’t hurt, but it certainly did catch the boil off guard. For some reason, a smack in the face had been the very last thing that he had expected, but he supposed that that was the point. Taking a moment to give his cheek a little rub, he considered Yin’s words. Fair enough—while the other boil was going through this whole spar in a step-by-step fashion for his benefit, a real fight wouldn’t be anything like this. There would be no time to just…stand around and ponder his next move.

And so, in an effort to take Yin’s words to heart, Lutz raised his arms up in front of himself in a defensive position. Trying to look for any potential openings—trying being the keyword here—he swing his leg out at the other boil’s side, just barely catching him.

Well, at least he was learning.

HP: 19

Kaiyumi

ramenli rolled 11 4-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1 Total: 20 (11-44)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 pm
Yin could see the boil trying to listen to him, and he liked it. Someone who actually tried to change and improve was interesting, much more so than those who just treated his advice as pointless.

He saw the movement out of the corner of his eye, and by the time the hit connected Yin was staring at a stranger. He hissed, backing away from the boil. He did not know who he was, or why he was attacking him, but Yin's fear rolled just under the surface.

The mantodae was about to use his attack when he quashed down on the urge. No, it was probably better to maim but leave alive. He needed to find out why he was attacking him.

HP: 39
Damage: Failure  
ramenli rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:05 pm
Ignoring for plot purposes  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm
Yin's hand shot out, grabbing the stranger's shirt and yanking him closer, not caring if he hurt the boil or not.

"What are you doing," he hissed, fighting the urge for his mandibles to shift onto his face. "Are you working for them? I am not going back. I will not." His fingers twisted in the fabric as he shifted to redistribute his weight, ready for whatever attack the stranger may throw at him, wings flaring out dramatically.

"Talk!"

HP: 39
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out