Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Anime Retro & Classic Series
Official Sailor Moon Thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:35 am
User Image

Sailor Jupiter & Sailor Mars With Luna - Taken at Youmacon 2013 - Detroit, Michigan - Nov 2013

Hello to all of our Sailor Moon series fans or "Moonies" as we are often called.

This thread is just for discussions about the Sailor Moon series whether it will be the Original 1st Season, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S (My favorite), Sailor Moon Super S, and Sailor Stars. Feel free to discuss the new release of the Sailor Moon Manga, Sailor Moon Crystal, and the much anticipated Blu Ray release of 1st half of the first season of Sailor Moon. I'm a really big fan so please post your questions, comments, and news on this thread. I'm going to move all of my posts and announcements on the Anime, Manga, and Video Game Discussion sub forum about Sailor Moon to start this thread off. I would like to hear from our members that are into the Sailor Moon series. Yes it's an older Anime but they are putting new life into it. It's a very exciting time for me. smile <3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:43 am
New Sailor Moon series finally has a Name!!

On my Facebook page I have links to many other interest pages and I came across new info about the upcoming new Sailor Moon series coming this summer:

The new series is going to be called, "Sailor Moon Crystal" and their was a promo image from the new series leaked out on the "Miss Dream" website!! Here is the link:

Miss Dream

On the webpage you can find a link that will let you see an incredible image of Sailor Moon reaching up to grab a crystal. Like many Sailor Moon fans I've been anxious to find out anything about the new series. Check out the link to see this promo drawing.

Sincerely,
Vice Captain
Smithers456    

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:59 am
New Sailor Moon Series Trailers!

Everyone,

For a long time we have been waiting and waiting for any info and news about the long awaited Sailor Moon Crystal series. It's finally coming on July 5th. Yeah!! I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon series and I know that their are other fans out their. I have two Youtube links of Sailor Moon trailers to share with you. If you haven't seen them yet it's an absolute must for fans. Here are the links:

Sailor Moon Crystal Trailer

Sailor Moon Official News Trailer

Enjoy the trailers and let me know what you think of them.

Smithers456
Guild Vice Captain  

PS - If the links don't work please let me know, Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 am
Sailor Moon Crystal Reflections

Everyone,

July 5th, 2014 will be a day that I won't soon forget. It's the day when the first episode of the long awaited Sailor Moon Crystal series came out. I was honored to be part of the world wide audience that watched the first epic episode. I loved every minute of it. One of the best parts was the opening credits that had a journey through the Solar System, beautiful music, and a new song called, "Moon Pride". Moon pride was written and produced just for the many thousands of loyal fans. I felt that this first episode was true to the manga and a wonderful start to the new Anime. The graphics were great and both Usagi and Luna were a joy to watch. I was touched to tears in many parts of the episode and can't wait to see what's next. Yes, I'm a big fan of the series and have been since it first came out. As a Cosplay Photographer one of my greatest joys is taking photos of Sailor Moon series Cosplayers.

Please respond and let me us know what you thought about the first Sailor Moon Crystal episode.

"Sailor Moon, Sailor Guardian of Love and Justice. If you don't watch the new series, in the name of the Moon she will punish you!"  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:13 am
I'm amazed that no one has responded to this thread yet. All over the internet I have noticed a lot of positive reactions to the new Sailor Moon Crystal series. I know that their is some Sailor Moon fans in this guild. I would like to hear from you and know what you think of the new series. Please consider sharing your thoughts and only positive reactions. It's fine to compare this new series to the original series. As a Star Trek fan I was first reluctant to accept the new Star Trek Movies. With Sailor Moon Crystal I had no problem accepting it because of the wonderful job that they have done so far and I feel that they kept the fans in mind with this remake or what some call a reboot.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:21 am
Here is a reaction to my Sailor Moon Crystal Reflections post from our Crew Member xinitia

It's so exciting when a series is re-released and they do an awesome job on it. I felt that way when they restarted Fairy Tail.  

Here is my response to xinitia's reaction:

I have yet to see the Fairy Tail series. I want to see it more than ever now that I know that it was redone. Xinitia, if you haven't seen the Sailor Moon original series yet I highly recommend that you do. Oh, the original series is coming out on DVD again and on Blu Ray for the first time on November 11th this year.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 am
Last Saturday I watched the 3rd act (Episode) of Sailor Moon Crystal. Just like the other 2 acts I loved every minute of it. Rei Hino / Sailor Mars made her first appearance in this episode. I watched what Sailor Moon does best in the series and that is to help others in need especially the loners, people who are being bullied, or misunderstood. She became a friend to Rei and stuck up for her when others were afraid of her gifts and pushed her away. Later on after a truly awesome transformation Sailor Mars looked at Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury and discovered that she was not alone and took comfort in that. This is one of the reasons that I like the Sailor Moon series a lot. Their are some lessons of life to be learned and special moments that I feel are touching. Sailor Moon and Usagi are examples of how people should treat each other.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 am
A Deviant Art Tribute to Sailor Moon

Fellow Sailor Moon Fans (Moonies),

Our Crew Member Xinitia came across a nice tribute to the Sailor Moon series. I'm going to give you the link to the tribute which is on Deviant Art and post here some of the things noted on the tribute. I'm not going to post the deviations that were used in the tribute you will need to check out the tribute to see them yourself. Beware their are a large amount of photos on the tribute journal entry that has the tribute so if you have a slow computer it will take some time for all of the photos, drawings, etc to come up. Enjoy!!

I hope that all the Sailor Moon series fans in our guild enjoys the tribute. You don't have to be a member of Deviant Art to check out the Tribute. You just can't comment on it unless you are a Deviant Art member.

Sailor Moon DA Tribute

Moon is back!
The super-heroine girl–powered team of BFFs has returned to the small screen in a big way.

Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, this beloved anime series is inspiring a whole new generation of fans with the recently released Sailor Moon Crystal. Unlike its earlier predecessor, this version of the anime stays true to Takeuchi’s original manga in both story and art style. Takeuchi was ahead of her time in providing a solid female dominated storyline in a male super-heroine dominated world. The Scouts saved the day and the Prince while providing young women strong relate-able female characters they can look up to.

Whether you prefer the 90’s anime or love the original manga/new anime, these DeviantArtists have created inspired fan art that’s sure to thrill your inner Sailor Scout.

Here are some quotes from the Tribute:

I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love and justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!”
— Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

When you’re uncertain or worried, I’ll be there for you. I may have no power, but you called me here to you. If you need me… …I’ll give you… the strength of my soul.”
— Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask

Agent of Love and Exams, the pretty sailor suited soldier Sailor Mercury! Douse yourself in water, and repent!”
— Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury

The Guardian of Fire and Passion Sailor Mars! You will refrain from underestimating women! And with Mars Power, you will burn! These high-heeled legs will deliver your punishment!”
— Rei Hino/Sailor Mars

You want trouble pal, you're looking at it! My name is trouble! I am Sailor Jupiter!”
— Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter

Your thinking I'm just a pretty blond in my case what you see is definitely not what you get. Sailor V is for Victory, I'm Sailor Venus!”
— Minako Aino/Sailor Venus    

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:51 am
Favorite Sailor Moon series Characters

Anyone that watches the Sailor Moon series and is a big fan of it has their favorite scouts. I would like to know which scouts are your favorites and why. Below I've listed my three favorite:

All you have to do is go to my Gaia Online profile page to easily find out who my favorite Sailor Moon Scout is. I made use of a small drawing of a cute Chibi Sailor Mars and turned it into the background photo for my page. Their are at least a dozen of her on my page.

I Love Sailor Mars and she is my favorite because of her no-nonsense take charge attitude. You can see that more in the Manga and the Live Action Sailor Moon series. Also I Love how she can sense evil spirits, Youma (Monsters), and energies. Also being a Shine Maiden is cool and one of the things that she uses a lot is incantations and meditation to find things out in front of the shrine fire. Even as Rei Hino she can sense evil and banish evil spirits with her paper incantations. I get excited when she chants the words and then throws the piece of paper at the demon or evil spirit. Also her Fire attacks as Sailor Mars are cool and the fact that her crow companions in the series are called Phobos and Deimos. Her crows also warn her of danger and they are named after the two moons of Mars.

My second favorite is Sailor Moon herself. Sailor Moon helps those that are in need and especially those people that are disrespected for who they are, bullied, and picked on. I could have used someone like Sailor Moon to help me out when I was a kid and teen, because I was bullied a lot just for being me. Also Sailor Moon is willing to do anything and everything to help her friends out. I feel that if people pay attention when they see Sailor Moon in action that they might learn what true friendship is all about.

Sailor Mercury is my third favorite. According to tests that I took I'm most similar to Sailor Mercury. I'm a water sign (Scorpio), have a high IQ (160 - 170), a problem solver, and a scientist. They say that Ami's (Sailor Mercury) IQ is 300 which I find hard to believe but it is a fictional show. I Love Sailor Mercury's tools as well. Both her visor and Lap top I would Love to have.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:33 am
New NicoNico App and Sailor Moon Series News

I'm really excited. I recently downloaded and used a new App for my Android Smart Phone. The App is for the "NicoNico" Japanese VIdeo Website. I have downloaded and used the App to watch Act 13 of the Sailor Moon Crystal series. I was excited and thrilled to watch the episode stream on my Smart Phone. I have a Samsung Smart Phone so the Graphics and sound was really nice. Just keep in mind that if you download and use the "NicoNico" App that it likes to eat up and make a lot of use of your phone data usage. I found that out the hard way. Have fun with a new way to enjoy watching Sailor Moon Crystal and other Anime series on the NicoNico website.

If you bought the Blu Ray remake of part 1 of season one of the original Sailor Moon series I hope that you are enjoying it as much as I am. I bought the limited edition version of the Blu Ray set with the 80 page booklet. I just preordered my copy of the Blu Ray remake of part 2 of season one of the original Sailor Moon series. I ordered it on the Best Buy store website. The official release will be on Feb 10th so to make sure that you get your copy I suggest that you preorder it right away because it will probably sell out quickly in the stores. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 pm
I used to LOVE Sailor Moon! Sadly, I never continued watching it in my teens, but I have a good friend who is obsessed and she keeps telling me to start up again.

When I was younger, I loved Sailor Moon's character (also because I had a huge crush on Tuxedo Mask). She is so friendly/bubbly, and I find her personality fit with me well. When I was about 7, I dressed up as her, and people used to call me Meatball Head! It stuck throughout Elementary School! I also love Sailor Venus and Jupiter. To be honest, since I watched it at a young age, I don't exactly know what drew me to them at the time. I liked how Sailor Jupiter was physically the strongest, and a brunette (like me). As for Venus, I like how she was athletic and sporty, and how she often misquotes sayings to conform to the situation.. omg I love that!

I took a quiz before, and they said I am most like, Sailor Moon or Sailor Venus!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:28 pm
What would you do if you got to meet the Sailor Moon series characters in person? Here are my answers:

Sailor Moon

I would walk up to Sailor Moon give her a big hug and squeeze her to death. I would give Luna a hug as well (I'm a big cat person). Then I would go to an ice cream parlor and have a big banana split with her!! Finally I would thank her for being their to help out the bullied people and people in need. I would say that her respect and care that she has for others would be nice things for everyone to do.

Sailor Mercury

I would find Sailor Mercury reading a book sitting on a bench. I would then give her a brief hug (can't help it she is so cute). Then I would sit down next to her on the bench and ask to see her lap top. We would talk the day away about Science (something we have in common)

Sailor Mars

With Sailor Mars I would get a tour of her Shrine and ask about its traditions and rituals. I would talk to her about spirits and how she gets rid of evil spirits. Next I would sit next to her and do a meditation. Finally I would enjoy a demonstration of her fire attacks.

Sailor Jupiter

When I first see Sailor Jupiter I would give her a high 5!! As we walked to her place I would tell her about how I Love Tom-Boys (I married a tough Tom-Boy in real life). I would ask her to cook me a really nice traditional meal, especially a Ramen dish. Afterwards I would talk to her about the weather. It might sound silly but I Love "Thunder Storms". smile

Sailor Venus

I would give Sailor Venus a quick hug too, I would then greet Artemis and talk to him briefly about working with the girls. Next I would talk to Sailor Venus about how cool it was to see her as Sailor V and we would sit down and talk at length about singing and being a rock star (In real life I have sang songs in my church choir). Last I would do a photoshoot with her. I know that she would Love that. smile

In real life I met a Sailor Venus Cosplayer, Courtoon, who I did a Photoshoot with. Recently I saw Courtoon on one of the extras on the Blu Ray remake of the second half of the first season of the Original Sailor Moon series. Courtoon was picked to be part of the cosplay team at AnimeExpo who greeted Sailor Moon fans all day at a special event celebrating the Blu Ray remake.

Tuxedo Mask

I would talk to Tuxedo Mask about the TV series the Bachelor and laugh at his puzzled look (The Bachelor gives out roses to the ladies on the show). Then we would talk about teasing the girls and such fun we would have teasing them again. Then we would compare notes about how we Love our girls, Sailor Moon for him and my wife for me. smile

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:28 pm
Sailor Moon News!!

Sailor Moon R Set 1 Is Now Available for Pre-Order!

I recently found out that the 1st half of the Sailor Moon R series is being released on July 14, 2015 on Blu Ray. Just like part one of season 1 of Sailor Moon, the Blu Ray / DVD release of part one of the Sailor Moon R season has a special set that includes a box that can hold both parts of Sailor Moon R and a 96-page full-color booklet about this season of Sailor Moon R.

I pre ordered my copy already on a website called RightStuf. Check out the website RightStuf . The website is offering a limited edition of a special Sailor Moon R coin if you pre order the 1st half of Sailor Moon R right away. The Website indicates that their is going to be a limited release of this coin. Check out the website for more details. If you don't want to pre order the Sailor Moon R series on the RightStuf website I'm sure that their other websites that you can pre order the series from now.

Also you can buy Sailor Moon series Figures at the Barnes and Noble book store and it's website. When I found out recently I got excited and went to the book store to buy my Sailor Venus SHFiguarts fully pose able figure. smile Check out the website and or store for more details.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 pm
Sailor Moon News!!

I just got my copy of the Blu Ray release Sailor Moon R Set 1 in the mail!!

I'm very excited today because I got something special in the Mail. I got the Blu Ray release of the 1st half of the Sailor Moon R series. (2nd Season). Since I pre ordered the set on the Internet it came early!! The official release of this set is on July 14th. What I got is a limited edition box that will hold both parts of the Sailor Moon R series. Also their is a Special edition booklet that has drawings in it and tells you a little bit about all of the episodes. The website rightstuf.com had a deal back in April that if I pre ordered the Sailor Moon R series that early through them I would get a very limited edition Sailor Moon R series Coin!! The coin was only available for a few weeks and I got it also in the mail today! Yeah!. Now I get to watch the Sailor Moon R series in English for the first time ever. Before it was only in Japanese with Sub Titles. Yes the voice actors are different but I got use to hearing both sets of Voice Actors in season 1 .

I've recently have been watching my DVD set of Sailor Moon S. Sailor Moon S is my favorite of all of the Sailor Moon series. I watched it back in 1995 when it came on American TV for the first time. My wife said you didn't tell me about the series back then. I told her that at that time Sailor Moon was just another new cartoon series that they called an Anime series. I really liked how they finally came up with a cartoon with a group of Super Heroins instead of the typical super heroes. Sailor Moon did lead me to Pokemon and Yu!-Gi!-Oh! and so much more in the Anime world.

So Sailor Moon did introduce me to a new type of cartoon called Anime. Back in 2007 I started to see photos of Cosplayers on the internet and I recognized the Sailor Scouts. My interest in the series started to grow again. Then at my first convention in 2009 I actually saw Sailor Moon Cosplayers in person for the first time. I fell in Love with Sailor Moon all over again and Loved seeing and taking photos of Sailor Moon scouts. To this day the Cosplay photos that I have taken the most of are Sailor Moon scouts. During that first convention I went to the dealers room wanting to find and watch the Sailor Moon series all over again. In a FYE store I found some of the DVD's of Sailor Moon Super S. After watching those disks I fell deeply for the series and like Pokemon I had to have everything related to Sailor Moon. Now I have most of the Sailor Moon series in DVD. If you Love the Sailor Moon series it's worth watching in Blu Ray!!

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:09 am
An Announcement for all Sailor Moon fans. If you don't know already the 2nd half of the Blu Ray release of Sailor Moon R series is coming out on Oct 27th. smile I can't wait!! I already pre ordered my copy. Reserve yours right away. I know they will be hard to find in stores and sell out on the internet quickly. Two stores that you can pre reserve your copy is at either Best Buy or FYE. I imagine that you can either do so in a store or online.  
Anime Retro & Classic Series

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff