Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[ quest ] overjoyed ( ash & thackery ) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:07 pm
The Temple of Heracles' Endeavours: Quest

The Temple of Heracles' Endeavours:

Requirements: You will need to PRP "researching" up this area (again a prp with your characters just discovering this information in a book is fine), before heading off on this quest. One person will need to be the dungeon master of this quest line: you can have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 characters in this quest. Due to not taking forever, the "Dungeon Master" has control of the pacing: even if not everyone replies, it is okay to go the next round as long as it makes sense from the Dungeon Master's POV.

Historical IC background: A long, long time ago, a man named Heracles underwent a series of trials for the Old Gods, becoming a hero in the process. This temple is a testament to his actions. O r at least, it used to be: The Temple of Heracles' Endeavours is now a dilapidated and run down structure, a cavalcade of crumbling columns and ancient marble.

While a great deal of his acquired trinkets were gifted to other mortals, these ones were tucked away, and remain hidden even today in this temple far beneath the earth.

Beware the ghosts of creatures long since gone, for they are bitter that the items were stolen away from them by Heracles an eternity ago.

gaia_crown [ Getting Started: ]

Getting into The Temple of Heracles' Endeavours:
- You need to camp out in the Weeping Forest after reading the information. Hunters can enter Halloween as well without a golem (recommended as the Temple itself is very golem unfriendly due to its climate and high altitude as well as natural enemies), for a max of 30 minutes. Each roll takes 5 IC minutes - students can pretty much park here as long as they need as well as horsemen while Hunters will need to exit and enter back again.
- Basically, all Hunter and Horsemen characters have 6 chances to find the portal. If they don't find it, they will need to leave and come back. Students do not need to ICly leave and come back.
- All players roll 1d100.
- Rolling 50 or less will deposit you in the Savannah, conveniently near a pride of hungry lions. Try again.
- Rolling 70 or less will place you in a swampy marsh, with nothing but mandrake trees around for miles.
- Rolling 80 or less will lead you to an abandoned urban structure, covered in graffiti.
- Rolling 81 or higher will let you find the portal! Success! You can now proceed inside.

gaia_crown [ Setting and Rules: ]

- The temple itself is at the end of a huge limestone cave, with many twists and turns to navigate within. This is where the Dungeon Master comes to play. The Dungeon Master will create a new thread. Now, they will roll stats for this expedition team:
- Roll 2 20-sided dice for each player. List the players ie: 1. Player 1, 2: player 2, etc. Just roll all the dice at once. This is the number of rounds they can take for each player. Also include your own character. Post this stat at the very first post ie: Player 1 has 5 stamina, player 2 has 10 etc.
- Now players can begin to RP. They start at the base of the mountain and must move upwards. Each ACTION they take is 1 stamina point. Once they have used up all allotted stamina points they can go no further/ have to leave the area.
- If their HP turns to 0 they cannot go any further and must portal/pendant out/dissipate.
- If a character runs out of stamina or HP, they must try again from Round 1!

gaia_crown [ Round 1: ]

- This round takes place just inside the entrance of the Temple, made of all white limestone and marble. It's so bright it's almost luminous, with walls lined with busts of ancients that stare down at intruders.
- All players must roll a 6 sided dice. If any player rolls a 2 or 4, you have triggered a boss! The DM will be in charge of RPing and keeping track of the boss's HP. The boss has 50/ 50 HP and does 5 auto damage every time it is attacked. You can attack it unlimited times within discretion. Attacks go as normal.
-The boss is a living marble statue, a guardian of the treasures, often in the form of a lion or bull. No one can go any further until the boss is defeated.
-IF NO ONE rolls a 2 or 4, or you have defeated the boss, you may proceed to round 2. If two players roll a 2 or 4, you now have two statues... congratulations.
- This initial roll does not cost stamina!
- Note that the triggers are 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 6 like other quests!

gaia_crown [ Round 2: ]

- All players must now proceed further into the Temple of Heracles' Endeavors. A long room is laid before them, full of murky green water. There is nowhere else to go but forward, but wading through it may prove to be dangerous...
- To cross the room, roll 1d100.
- If you roll 80 or higher you manage to make it across without attracting any untoward attention.
- If you roll between 25 and 80, you sink beneath the surface of the water, dragged down by slippery vines that suddenly fling to back to the beginning. You better try to find a different way. Keep rolling, and subtract 1 Stamina.
- If you roll between 1 and 24, you get stuck in what feels like mud, except that it's moving too much to be anything but alive. Keep rolling, and subtract 3 Stamina, since you had to fight VERY HARD to get free.
-Continue rolling until you roll 80 or higher!
- For ever time you roll 25-80 (each reroll between these numbers), you must subtract 1 of your given Stamina points.
- For ever time you roll 1-24 (each reroll between these numbers), you must subtract 3 of your given Stamina points.
- If you hit 0 Stamina points, you cannot go any further/ you dissipate/ pass out/ are w and have to start over from Round !Round !
- If you made it past this round, you can proceed to round 3:

gaia_crown [ Round 3: Having passed the pool, you reach a series of statues. It's too still to be anything but eerie, and there's fragments of light that peek down from far above, shining a bit of light on the temple. But are those truly statues...?
- All players must roll 1d10.
- If any player rolls a 4 this is instant death/dissipation/Fear shields are ZERO and you need to use pendant to retreat back home.
- Otherwise match your rolls to the results:
1: Instant death. (Just for you, return to Round 1). A starved white stag charges you, impaling you on its horns.
2: Nothing happens. A thousand hisses echo in tandem, and is that a flicker of tongue against your neck...?
3: - 50% of your remaining HP. A marble cerberus chases you, snapping at your heels.
4: Instant death (for everyone, game over). The hydra appears, consuming all in its wake.
5: Nothing happens. A metal bird casts a cool gaze at you, watching. Waiting. Unmoving.
6: Extra roll penalty. A boar chases you, but not fast enough to catch you. However, you do now have to retrace your steps to get back to where you started. You must roll a total of FOUR times before you can escape.
7: - 50% of your remaining HP. A collection of marble scarabs pour over you, their little stone legs incredibly cool against your skin. Frigid, even.
8: Nothing happens. Literally nothing: it's a relief. Better hurry on.
9: -50% of your remaining HP. A bull rears up, charging you.
10: Teleported back to Round 2. A rushing flood suddenly happens, pushing you back to the disgusting pool.

- All players need to roll 3 times to make it to the next round EACH.
- That is, unless you roll a 6, then you have to roll a total of FOUR times.
- If you die and come back to Round 3, it does not carry over.
- If you roll multiple 6s, the number never goes higher than four.

gaia_crown [ Round 4: ]

- Finally, you make it through the strange statue garden, and come upon a room full of ancient trinkets and treasures.
- Beware: this area is unstable. You feel as though someone is watching you very closely, and the walls slowly start to move, stone grinding against stone. You don't have much time: grab something and GO!
- Roll 1d12. This is the item you end up with, congratulations! This is now your item to keep! Match the correct roll of yours to the item, and read the results carefully!
- There is only one of EACH item so if you manage to claim the item in your quest, please come back to THIS THREAD to post the form below to claim that item. Make sure you also pick up its image HERE and read general instructions of use.
- Once again the max you can ever obtain period of these items per character is one status effect and one battle effect item throughout all the class C items.
- These are first come first serve that means if someone else has already posted here claiming that item, you cannot get it! Instead, you can look one number above or below the item and select that item instead. Ie: I roll a 1, but 1 is already claimed. I can look at 2 and claim that instead IF I can.

1. Nemean's Deadly Claw: A large silver lion's claw, tipped with topaz. It is both warm to the touch and heavy in the hand.
Battle Effect: Once per OOC week, you may use this artifact to summon the intangible figment of a large, ghostly lion to fight by your side. For one turn, it negates your dice penalty. Cannot be used on bosses, has no effect on fear moves.

2. Toxic Scale of Lernaen: This violet Hydra's scale is sharper than most blades-- handle with care! It glows lightly in the dark, and faintly hisses when first picked up.
Battle Effect: Once per OOC week, rolling doubles at any point allows you to take a second attack. Roll the dice below yours. (IE: Roll 2d8 normally? Roll 2d6.) Does not affect FEAR attacks.

3. The Ceryneian's Golden Antler: This antler is about a foot and a half long, covered in gold filigrees and adorned with subtly glowing emeralds. It almost thrums in the hand when held.
Status Effect: Once every 48 OOC hours, you may use this artifact to jump from or to up to 50 feet without harm for 2 OOC hours. A y2 student, intermediate hunter, or y1 horseman has the strength can carry up to one person with them.

4. Obsidian Hoof of Erymanthian: This hoof is large-- about the size of a grapefruit. It once belonged to a fearsome boar who has long since passed. It is surprisingly light-- and hollow, you think.
Status Effect: Once per OOC week, you may use this artifact to run incredibly fast without tiring. To the naked eye, you are just a stampeding blur. The effect lasts for 4 OOC HOURS. You can use this to run over water, up the side of buildings, etc. You may not carry another person unless you're at your final stage (y3 student/full hunter/elder horseman.)

5. Shimmering Augean Vial: A small crystal vial that contains the water of two rivers near King Augeas' previous domain. The water inside glows a soft, ethereal teal.
Status Effect: Once per OOC week, you may pour this water over a person or object to purify their negative emotions-- or Insanity-- for 2 IC hours. The insanity must be stage 1.

6. The Bronze Stymphalian Beak: A beak cast in bronze, the size of your palm. It's adorned with rubies and attached to a heavy chain.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may activate this artifact in battle while defending. It causes metal to coat your form with a bronze protective shell, allowing you to double your defense roll. It must be used *as* you roll for defense, not after (honor system!), and only affects 1 turn's worth of defense.

7. Horn of the Cretan Bull: An ornate horn made of bone, decorated with feathers and leather straps.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may use this horn in battle to copy a fear type your opponent has used in battle. It MUST be level appropriate. (A Y1 hunter could not use a T3 GC, but could use a T2 one.) You MUST have a charge available to use it. No freebies!

8. The Bridle of Diomedes: This bridle is made of a smooth, buttery leather that never fades. It is extremely hot to the touch.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may use this artifact to set your weapon aflame (cold fire, if you're ice-based). If your attack lands, your enemy takes an extra 2 damage per turn for the next 2 turns, regardless of defense/healing.

9. Hippolyta's Arrowhead: This oversized arrowhead is made of a simple glass, but when tilted just so, it glows violet and green. There's a white leather strap tied to the base of it.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may use this arrowhead to cut yourself or someone else. By doing so, the target is then stuck in a psychedelic vision for a duration between 2 and 6 OOC hours. Extrapolate however you desire: but whatever they see isn't actually there.

10. The Crook of Geryon: This birch staff is thin and crooked at the end, and is disturbingly heavy for its size. Inlaid in its wood is a series of black gems.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may use this staff to call upon a herd of minipets of your choice to stampede your enemy for one turn. They don't deal damage. Instead, they distract your opponent enough to give them an extra -2 to their dice for their normal attack. AKA: If they normally -6, they would now -8.

11. Golden Bough of Hesperides: This bough from a golden sapling sparkles more than any jewel. It weighs heavy in the hand, and cannot be trimmed by any knife.
Status Effect: Once every 24 OOC hours, you may pluck a leaf from this branch. Roll 2d10. If the first dice is even, you grow older, if it is odd, you grow younger. The second dice is how many years you change. You can be no younger than 8. This lasts for 3 OOC hours. Horsemen/students, you can approximate. EX: Dragon is 150 years old, but mentally/physically 15. Aging down 4 would not make them 146, but mentally/physically 11.

12. The Collar of Cerberus: This artifact is made of buttery soft leather in the hues of obsidian and gold, and is decorated with ruby filigrees. It is so very cold to the touch, and while worn, you can hear the faint sounds of rushing of water...
Status Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may activate this collar by rolling 1d6 and give the following effect to the target: 1 = hatred, 2 = intense pain, 3 = temporary amnesia, 4 = fevered, 5 = uncontrollable wailing, 6 = none. This effect lasts for 5-10 minutes. You can target yourself.

its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 73 Total: 73 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 pm
"We are here," Ash murmured, setting Thackery on the ground in the Weeping Forest. "But which portal is right...?"

The first one he tried was a swamp, hot and muggy.

Quote:
Rolling 70 or less will place you in a swampy marsh, with nothing but mandrake trees around for miles.

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 73 Total: 73 (1-100)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:09 pm
As was the next.  
its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 66 Total: 66 (1-100)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm
And...the third...  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 85 Total: 85 (1-100)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:11 pm
And suddenly they were there: a temple laid before them.

"Bigger than I expected," Ash murmured, feeling more like an intruder than a visitor. And he was, wasn't he? Plundering a historical site for its spoils?  
its me debz rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 19 Total: 24 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm
Ash: 5
Thackery: 19  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:16 pm
Quiet, so far.

Stamina: 4  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:48 pm
~~  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Nothing Yet rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:49 pm
(helps to roll...)  
Nothing Yet rolled 1 100-sided dice: 96 Total: 96 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:50 pm
~~  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 44 Total: 44 (1-100)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:32 pm
Ash post from his skellyphone.  
its me debz rolled 1 100-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:34 pm
The pool was wide.  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz rolled 2 20-sided dice: 19, 18 Total: 37 (2-40)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 pm
Ash was not, in fact, the true mvp.  
Nothing Yet rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:37 pm
There was no spooky statue!  

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

its me debz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:38 pm
Garden party, party time.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items