View Results

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm
I have nowhere else to say this, so I just need to rant a bit. I HATE my job. The work is okay enough, but the people I work with make it horrible! I make disposable grill toppers and my arms look like I cut myself xp But the people I work with want me to go faster than I can. I'm not a freaking machine! The quota for each day, by the way, is 100 boxes which is a total of 5400 toppers (not including those that get messed up). And they curse WAY too much! It being a factory job is NO EXCUSE! Plus they talk about stuff all the time that is TMI. I don't want to hear what happens in the bathroom! Ugh! And I'm the only one who doesn't smoke there, so if there's anything to second-hand-smoke then I'm doomed. The people actually make me hate my community! gonk At least everyone gets laid off temporarily in July. I'm not going back! McDonald's pays more even stressed

Not related, but also annoying is my ex who is in denial about us getting back together and thinks we should still be close, so he whines about me not talking everyday. xp

Anyway, to any who read this, thanks for reading and sorry for any bother it may cause.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:58 pm
Earyn
I have nowhere else to say this, so I just need to rant a bit. I HATE my job. The work is okay enough, but the people I work with make it horrible! I make disposable grill toppers and my arms look like I cut myself xp But the people I work with want me to go faster than I can. I'm not a freaking machine! The quota for each day, by the way, is 100 boxes which is a total of 5400 toppers (not including those that get messed up). And they curse WAY too much! It being a factory job is NO EXCUSE! Plus they talk about stuff all the time that is TMI. I don't want to hear what happens in the bathroom! Ugh! And I'm the only one who doesn't smoke there, so if there's anything to second-hand-smoke then I'm doomed. The people actually make me hate my community! gonk At least everyone gets laid off temporarily in July. I'm not going back! McDonald's pays more even stressed

Not related, but also annoying is my ex who is in denial about us getting back together and thinks we should still be close, so he whines about me not talking everyday. xp

Anyway, to any who read this, thanks for reading and sorry for any bother it may cause.
Try to find another job.

I got laid off. I had 2 jobs. I quitted my part-time job because I had a full-time job that I liked more. When I got laid off of my full-time job. I was really frustrated and thought I shouldn't have quit my part-time job. I keep telling myself that I hated my part-time job anyways... But not having an income SUCKS too... gonk  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:53 pm
XxAriaxX
Earyn
Try to find another job.

I got laid off. I had 2 jobs. I quitted my part-time job because I had a full-time job that I liked more. When I got laid off of my full-time job. I was really frustrated and thought I shouldn't have quit my part-time job. I keep telling myself that I hated my part-time job anyways... But not having an income SUCKS too... gonk

They lay off all the production workers in July. It's only a temporary lay off, but I'm not going back. I'm already looking at other jobs and will be applying for them closer to that time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:39 pm
biggrin Great news! I have a new (and hopefully better) job. I start the 20th. Wish me luck!  

Earyn

Eloquent Dabbler

17,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:51 pm
I hate parts of my job, I work retail and I hate most of the customers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:07 am
ChiffaniChan

I'm starting my first retail job next Friday. blaugh Everyone I've talked to who has experience in retail always, always mentions the shitty customers.  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:19 pm
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

I'm starting my first retail job next Friday. blaugh Everyone I've talked to who has experience in retail always, always mentions the shitty customers.

Pretty much in any type of retail they are the worst lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 am
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

-werewolf-grl-743-

Demonic Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 am
The place I used to work at was constantly wanting something from us that was super difficult to achieve.
Then when we tried to do it or find a way better solution, they got upset with us or change what they wanted completely.

You will find something better. I luckily did and now work with kids and as much as I want to just scream at them, it's the best job I've had so far.

It will get better. Maybe not easier, just better.
As for the guy situation....sounds toxic honestly. I understand he wants to make sure he gets to talk to you, but if he expects you to talk every day with a busy schedule it won't work out.......probs not what you wanted to hear. Talk about it with him. Let him know you may not be able to talk every single day..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 am
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?

They can treat you like s**t, and you can't do anything about it. They can lie about you and risk your job if they want. I have had customers be sexually harassing me and being disgusting and I can't say a word.  

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 am
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?

They can treat you like s**t, and you can't do anything about it. They can lie about you and risk your job if they want. I have had customers be sexually harassing me and being disgusting and I can't say a word.

Seriously?? Ugh, and your boss wouldn't do anything even if you reported the sexual harrassment? stressed
"The customer is always right" has always been ridiculous in my eyes.
I'm going to work in a store that is generally targeted towards mature women, so at least there's a lower chance of harassment to that point... hopefully.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?

Seriously?? Ugh, and your boss wouldn't do anything even if you reported the sexual harrassment? stressed
I'm going to work in a store that is generally targeted towards mature women, so at least there's a lower chance of harassment to that point... hopefully.

The manager can't do much if they complain to the office, and even if they review the tapes and audio, the customer can still get away with it. sad  

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:04 pm
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?

The manager can't do much if they complain to the office, and even if they review the tapes and audio, the customer can still get away with it. sad

Guess they're trying to avoid any controversy or conflict, but still, that's no excuse. Not cool. You say that by personal experience?
...Wish me luck. User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 am
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Yikes, how so?

Guess they're trying to avoid any controversy or conflict, but still, that's no excuse. Not cool. You say that by personal experience?

Well, that and that behavior is seem as acceptable her, I live in not only the bible belt but a small hickville town. Don't get me wrong I love the town, but it has a LOT of faults.
Good luck <3  

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:43 am
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan
Pickled Cactus
ChiffaniChan

Well, that and that behavior is seem as acceptable her, I live in not only the bible belt but a small hickville town. Don't get me wrong I love the town, but it has a LOT of faults.
Good luck <3

Ohhh I see! Care to go into detail? User Image
It went really well today! Lots of respect for my manager, who is so friendly, knowledgeable and easy to chat with. The work itself was doable too.  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff