Welcome to Gaia! ::

Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The current Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifox, modis, breedables, adoptables, adopts 

Reply ● RP Forum
[PRP] You have to fight for what you want (Avatre x Maevin) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:38 pm
Old guild roleplay being moved over. I'm going to copy/paste all the posts myself rather than have Lisa have to do it with me. Here's a link to the roleplay in the old guild if staff want to check the authenticity.

Total word counts
jinxgirl5: TBA
lisais-fire619: TBA

Word count: 219

User ImageA steady wind blew across the plains, creating thermals high up in the sky. Avatre had her magenta wings spread wide to take advantage of the winds, the warm breeze pressing against the leathery webbing and holding her aloft. It was leaps and bounds easier on her than having to flap her wings, and was another reason she was so fond of living out in the desert.

Her current destination was looming ahead of her on the horizon, a mountain-range that divided the plains from the desert. Her home was in the wind-and-sand-carved valleys and caves of the mountain front that faced the desert, though she had a couple further back in the range where it was more sheltered, in case of sandstorms.

Dangling from her front paws was a dead donkey foal. It had been a challenge to kill despite its age, since the whole herd banded together to protect their young. She'd managed to surprise the herd and hit the youngling with a strike and bind, quickly taking off to get a little distance and make sure her hit had killed it. Avatre had felt a small pang at having to kill a youngster, but since she didn't plan to stick around and eat she'd had to grab something small enough that she could carry it off.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:44 pm
Originally posted by lisais-fire619

Word count: 203

User Image

The maroon, red, yellow ish orange fox let out a sigh. He had just stopped into visit his mother only to find her covered in sand and a bit dehydrated. They had argued some and Maevin had threatened to go get his father to have him do something to help his mother but she had told him no. What she told him was true but still left the male annoyed. He loved his mother and worried for her because she was such a kind heartened fox. He had seen her hurt before and didn't care much for it.

He knew there was a reason why she had headed into the evilness of the desert though what it was he couldn't figure it out. The fur was the same color though her's was a bit lighter than his. It made for being very uncomfortable while being in intense heat.

So he had let the argument go not wanting to upset her but had decided to investigate what it could have been that she was up to. So there he was now walking the mountain range on his way to the edge to see if he could find anything that would give him a clue.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:45 pm
Word count: 290

Avatre could see her cave from here. It was a simple thing, a shallow hole a couple fox-lengths deep and about thirty feet off the ground. Of course it was entirely possible to reach her cave by climbing, either up or down, since the face of the rock was uneven and pitted. Still, the height created a better sense of security and Avatre liked select reachable caves anyway just in case something ever happened to her wings.

Just as she was about to begin her dive moment caught her eye. That in itself was so unusual here. Mountain goats were an abundance, and occasionally antelopes or other hooved creatures took advantage of the sparse grazing and shelter provided by the canyons. There was even the occasional hunting cat or two.

It was the color that had caught her eye. With the exception of herself, everything that lived on the mountains was some shade of brown with black and white mixed in. There was nothing yellow or orange here, and even the dark color of the creature managed to stand out a bit.

Curious, Avatre sped up and went into a steep dive, then flared her wings and landed softly at the edge of her cave. She paced all the way to the back and dropped off her burden, then went out and launched herself from the side of the cave, using the momentum from the dive to pull herself back into the sky rather than flap her wings to gain height. She was soon back over the mountains, eyes scanning the ground below for that hint of color.

There! Avatre went into another dive, this one shallow, circling, and a lot slower while she tried to make the figure out.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Word count: 186

Maevin wasn't sure how much distanced he had covered and in how much time. He hadn't been traveling long or so he thought. Though there was a good chance he could have very well been mistaken. When one is wrapped up in thoughts all sense of time is lost. He seemed to have picked that personality trait up from his mother. He let out a sigh and stopped moving. He took a seat on the cold –sh, rocky ground and examined the area. It seemed to be still fairly light out so it was at least day. For when you go up a mountain night and day tend to hit faster with very little transition between one or the other.

Figuring he had made a decent amount of progress he decided to take a short rest and continued to sit there. Maybe he would hear some game to snack on if he sat there long enough before continuing his journey. After a few moments of waiting he grew impatient and set off again. He had a horrible time staying still in one area for too long.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:48 pm
Word count: 257

As soon as Avatre had started her circling descent the figure below her appeared to pause, allowing her to really take her time as she came down lower and lower. After a few minutes the sneaking suspicion in her head was confirmed; it was a Modifox sitting below her.

On the wings of that suspicion came another. Avatre actually knew a fox with the exact same colors; that orange, that yellow, and that dark color that she could now see was a shade of red. What would he be doing out here though? She and that male hadn’t even exchanged names, let alone where they lived.

Curiosity growing stronger she increased the speed and rate of her recent, rapidly getting closer and closer. A bit of mischief kicked in, and suddenly Avatre went into a headlong dive towards the ground like she was going to plow right into the male. At the last second she flared her wings, the resulting wind kicking up a lot of sand, and back-winged to a smooth landing. She neatly folded her wings on her back and patiently waited for the sand to clear, bronze flames idly flickering over her paws like lightning.

Finally the last of the dust died down, and with a jolt of surprise and pleasure Avatre found her suspicions confirmed yet again. “Well, hello there,” she said in a remarkably conversational tone, remarkable because she’d been streaking out of the sky at him a moment ago and sand/dirt clouds weren’t really considered prerequisites to polite conversation either.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Word count: 223

Maevin hadn’t been in as deep of thought the second time around after his little rest. Though he hadn’t been completely aware of what was going on because suddenly there was a dark shadow covering his body. Something was coming right at him! What the hell he thought. The shadow wasn’t stopping instead it continued to bomb dive at him.

With a defensive snarl he jumped back and spun facing the approaching threat. He had his teeth bared even though the only thing he could see was a cloud of dirt and sand. He knew something was there it was obvious with the dirt. Question was what the hell did it want with him? The cloud slowly began to clear bit by bit. First he saw a magenta leathery wing. Then some purple hair. Finally he could see the vixen daeva that stood before him.

He knew who she was kind of. It was the deava that he kept running into and having a conversation or two with her. She had a wide grin on her face. She had tried to scare the s**t out of him on purpose. His snarl disappeared to just be replaced with a scowl. “I don’t think fake bomb diving company is polite protocol for social visits.” He informed her with a huff than grumbled out a “Hello.”

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:50 pm
Word count: 157

Avatre rolled her eyes. “Well since I happen to live here and I know for a fact that you don’t, I’d say I’m perfectly entitled to make my own rules about how I greet guests that happen to be a short flight away from the entrance to my den,” she said, though there was nothing in her tone to suggest actual annoyance with the male. She’d already come to realize that he was more than a little touchy.

“Matter of fact,” she said, padding a couple steps closer, “I think territory rules would vouch for me doing something even less polite than that. So aside from a little bit of a scare you’ll notice you’re perfectly alright which, considering what I could have been entitled to do, might actually be very polite in the circumstances.”

There was a hint of a smile playing around her mouth though; clearly she was entirely unrepentant about what she’d just done.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Word count: 178

Maevin gave a huff and rolled his eyes. “I’m starting to think you are making up these rules of what is polite and what isn’t. Are you after a word game again?” He asked her while eying her closely. She was for sure a hard one to figure out. Their first meeting they seemed to do okay and it was actually fun for him and exciting. Their second meeting not to so much, he couldn’t say the same about it. He was made to feel like an idiot because he wanted to be big and stand up for his older sister. But instead got told he was being rude, screwing things up for his sister, and will be dropped off in a faraway place.

“Yes territory rules do imply for more abuse for an intruder but being you and what I know of you I don’t see that being the case unless it was desperately called for it.” He poked her leg with his paw. “Happy that you spooked me?” he asked her than stuck out is tongue.

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:52 pm
Word count: 161

Avatre shrugged. “Hey, what would you do if you saw a stranger on your territory? We’re even worse here in the desert, there’s a scarcity of food, water, and shelter. Gotta fight to thrive out here, ya know?” She stretching her wings, aching from the suddenly mid-air halt she’d put them through; she’d made it look effortless, but it was a very painful and took a lot of strength to properly pull it off.

“Anyway, you should thank me,” she said, eyes sparkling but tone actually half serious. “You gotta learn to look up here if you’re going to be wandering around on your own. There’s the occasional lion or mountain cat, and their favorite method is the pounce from above if they can.”

Avatre tilted her head, smiling a little. “Anyway, interesting to see you again. I know I didn’t tell you where I live and you don’t strike me as a desert-type fox, so what brings you out here?”

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Word count: 313

“If I say a stranger in my territory I would be wanting to know what was up. Though if I say the same colors as you and having previously meet you I would still be wanting to know what was up but there wouldn’t be the immense worry of what you could do to my area.” He told her with a shrug. I mean come on how many foxes had the same coloring as her or him? He didn’t know many. He looked a lot like his mom but had some of his dad in there to. “Did you say desert?” He asked there was a hint of interest in his voice. So he was at least close to a desert and possibly the reason why his mother was out this far.

“I do occasionally look up. I was actually resting not that long ago and gazing around to see if anything was here prey or predator.”
He was trying to show that he wasn’t stupid. He did know about them but just hadn’t made it in time to look up and catch her dive bombing him. He was watching her move her wings and could tell them seemed a bit stiff though he hadn’t a clue as to why.

“No you didn’t mention it and I hadn’t expected to run into you out here on my journey though you are right I generally avoid the desert. My fur being too dark and think to really deal with all that heat, I am actually just coming from a visit with my mother…. She isn’t looking well though she won’t tell me what has happened. I am not blind and can see the sand in her fur at places so it is obvious she has been in the desert though I don’t know for what so I was going to check it out myself.”

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:55 pm
Word count: 222

Avatre just rolled her eyes. It just so happened she knew plenty of foxes with a base color of deep red, and from that high up all she’d been able to see what colors rather than any patterns they might be in. Foxes might have keen eyesight, but it was nowhere near as accurate as, say, a hawk’s eyesight.

And she’d been pretty high up in the sky.

The magenta female shrugged, wincing a little as she jostled her wings. “That doesn’t mean you can’t live in a desert. Some foxes handle heat better than others, and it’s mostly a matter of acclimation. Dark-haired creatures might get hotter quicker, but light-haired creatures burn faster under the sun.” She glanced off in the direction she knew the desert lay, which was actually pretty much right there; she could smell the hot sand and arid emptiness on the wind. “It’s a hard place to live, but if you’re smart about it it’s doable.”

She looked back at the male, tilting her head. “As for why your mom’s got sand in her fur, did you ask? There’re plenty of reasons she could be traveling into the desert, if that’s even what she’s going.” She raised an eyebrow. “You know there’s actually sand in plenty of places besides the desert, including here in these mountain ranges.”

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Word count: 283

Maevin noticed her eye roll but didn’t comment on it. He knew it was to something he said though which part it was actually for he wasn’t sure. Though it could have been to the whole thing he had noticed he had managed to make himself like a complete idiot numerous times in front of her already and this was just another one to add to the list.

“I didn’t say that doesn’t mean a fox can’t live in a desert. I just know my fur really takes after my mother and she is so gentle I don’t see it being possible or logical for her to spend time out there for long periods,” He muttered with a shrug while taking in notices that her wing seemed to be really bothering her. “Though I guess it depends on the fox and how they weigh the pros and cons of their fur, the sun and the desert.”

“Yeah I did ask her why she was covered in sand and why she looked well like she got mushed by something. She wasn’t in her healthiest state. “ He let out a sigh, “Yes I know there are other places like the beach and what not but the desert is closer to her home and is more of a reasonable assumption. I asked her why she looked like that and I did get some answers but I could also tell that she wasn’t saying something so I figured I’d look into it since she won’t say anything and refuses to have my father involved.”
He moved closer to her and glanced at her from the corner of his eye. “So… what did you do to your wing?”

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:56 pm
Word count: 240

Avatre raised an eyebrow and watched Maevin for a moment. Finally, she said, “I can’t tell if you’re just overprotective, the women in your family are that delicate, or if it’s a mixture of the two.” She had a feeling that it might be a mixture, but the ratio was probably something like 9 parts overprotective to 1 part of delicate. That was only her opinion though; she supposed that just because the only females she’d ever met were tough and hardy, it didn’t follow that there couldn’t be some fragile ones out there as well. It wasn’t like she lived in an area that encouraged delicate visitors of any sort.

All she added was, “It’s your mom’s business though, whatever she’s doing, and if she doesn’t want to tell you then maybe she’s got good reasons for it. If she’s tough enough to be living around here, I’m sure she’s careful about what she does.”

She glanced over at her wings at Maevin’s question, flexing them to keep the muscles supple. “That was from my landing.” She shrugged carefully. “There’s a reason we usually glide to the ground rather than dive, even if it does take longer. It’s a lot of strain to be plummeting and suddenly have to more or less stop and land. If I’d been any higher up in the sky I probably wouldn’t have done that, it’s too easy to damage one’s wings that way.”

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Word count: 276

Maevin could tell that Avatre was really mulling things over in her head on what she did and didn’t want to say. She seemed to be picking her words like she wanted whatever it was she was about to say to come out right and not start a fight. Or that is what logic told Maev. His brows scrunched together as she let him know what she thought. His tail twitched slightly back and forth as he thought about what she said. “I..I am ….a bit overprotective …though I get it from my father. My sister is stronger like our father and isn’t as delicate as my mother…. She is strong in some ways but really fragile in others…She is a very kind soul and it would be easy to take advantage of her.” He felt somewhat satisfied with his answer and was pretty sure that it wasn’t bias or if it was it was very little and more close to the truth though he didn’t like to admit it much.

“I just want to check it out and make sure she won’t get used by someone shady,”
He paused and had a serious look on his face, “Should I really not go take a look and just leave it be?”

The question hung in the air for a while before he started to feel awkward and decided to kill the silence and talk about her wings. “So even though you guys have wings like a bird does they aren’t designed to do a power dive like a hawk’s. Interesting. I didn’t know that,” He paused as a thought him but did he suggest it?

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

jinxgirl5
Crew

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:59 pm
Word count: 221

Avatre shrugged. “It’s not up to me to decide whether you should go and look or not. Solarie’s a friendly place, so I doubt they’d take it amiss if you showed up wanting to ask questions in concern for a family member. I’m just saying that maybe your mom hasn’t told you anything yet because the situation isn’t set in wood, let alone stone at the moment.” A wry smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. “Take it from another mother, we don’t withhold information solely to annoy our sons.”

She shook her head at Maevin’s second question, getting on her “teacher face”, as Kiran called it. “Well firstly, a sudden swooping stop like that can be painful to a hawk. It certainly takes a lot of energy so they can’t do it often in a day. Second, their body mass is a lot less compared to mine. They’ve got those smaller bodies and less limbs and are more streamlined, so any tricky flying maneuvers are going to hurt more for a four-legged winged being than a bird.

Plus-,” she added, though with a shrug that said this wasn’t really that important, “-my wings aren’t like a bird’s. Daevas are built more along the lines of bats. Or dragons, if you want to go for the more mythical and impressive-sounding.”

● RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff