Submit

ibobcey22

Original Member

9,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:57 pm
Gaia sure has changed over the years and with the changes they have dropped in population. there is no chance for any new players the way the economy is now on gaia. when i first started it was nice and easy for me to hop into the gaia community! everyone was welcoming not saying they still aren't but the way things are now it'll be really intimidating to new folk. we should try to find out of there is anyway to fix this economic crisis gaia is going through

Ibobcey22  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:23 am
The biggest hurt to the economy right now is that Gaia refuses to stop releasing gold generators.
Even if they're 'limited', they're pumping millions upon millions of gold into the system.
Still, it's not so bad, they are trying to help those of us that aren't loaded with expensive items to sell on the marketplace, like the golden DC gives out good rewards now (I've gotten 2.5M before from a single cart), and if you click all of them every day you can build up a hoard of charms pretty quickly, and make nice items through GoFusion without shelling any gold or real money out.
And if you use dumpster dive regularly, you can earn a lot off the caches people throw in, and sometimes you can even get really nice stuff tossed in by wondrously generous people!
And Gaia gives away a hefty amount of free GC, the little daily treat TVs give out about two or three GC apiece for just sitting and watching an ad.
Gaia as a whole is still pretty intimidating, though, even to an older user like me.
I can't really afford anything worth anything because I refuse to sell out, and gold sinks depress me because I can never even afford the lowest tiers. (Plus the fact that they've done really zero good.)
I don't even really buy stuff on the gold shops anymore because they hiked the prices so much.
Still, I've got the guild and my lovely guildies, and that's what really keeps me around on Gaia, I've got great friends in here, the economy doesn't matter that much next to that. c:

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 am
Queen Spazzy
The biggest hurt to the economy right now is that Gaia refuses to stop releasing gold generators.
Even if they're 'limited', they're pumping millions upon millions of gold into the system.
Still, it's not so bad, they are trying to help those of us that aren't loaded with expensive items to sell on the marketplace, like the golden DC gives out good rewards now (I've gotten 2.5M before from a single cart), and if you click all of them every day you can build up a hoard of charms pretty quickly, and make nice items through GoFusion without shelling any gold or real money out.
And if you use dumpster dive regularly, you can earn a lot off the caches people throw in, and sometimes you can even get really nice stuff tossed in by wondrously generous people!
And Gaia gives away a hefty amount of free GC, the little daily treat TVs give out about two or three GC apiece for just sitting and watching an ad.
Gaia as a whole is still pretty intimidating, though, even to an older user like me.
I can't really afford anything worth anything because I refuse to sell out, and gold sinks depress me because I can never even afford the lowest tiers. (Plus the fact that they've done really zero good.)
I don't even really buy stuff on the gold shops anymore because they hiked the prices so much.
Still, I've got the guild and my lovely guildies, and that's what really keeps me around on Gaia, I've got great friends in here, the economy doesn't matter that much next to that. c:

The most Gaia Cash those TVs give out is actually up to 4. If they'd quit releasing gold generators and do more gold sinks now and then, plus the current market tax, maybe the economy will go back to a somewhat normal state in time. I don't know, just a random guess. In any case, I'll just stick to selling unwanted items and playing Switch 'em mostly. Still takes me forever to save up for one thing on my list at a time, unfortunately. -_-*  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:19 am
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy

The most Gaia Cash those TVs give out is actually up to 4. If they'd quit releasing gold generators and do more gold sinks now and then, plus the current market tax, maybe the economy will go back to a somewhat normal state in time. I don't know, just a random guess. In any case, I'll just stick to selling unwanted items and playing Switch 'em mostly. Still takes me forever to save up for one thing on my list at a time, unfortunately. -_-*

I've never seen the four reward, so average grant is two or three.
I REALLY don't think we need MORE gold sinks, we have them literally every month now, sometimes as much as three times a month, and for someone without the BILLIONS to shell out, it's a HUGE turn off.
But pretty much everyone on Gaia agrees that the generators are our biggest hurt, but I suppose they keep getting released because they sell, which is awful because it just creates an artificial need cycle for them because it drives prices up to where we can't afford things at all by normal means.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:54 am
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21
Queen Spazzy

I've never seen the four reward, so average grant is two or three.
I REALLY don't think we need MORE gold sinks, we have them literally every month now, sometimes as much as three times a month, and for someone without the BILLIONS to shell out, it's a HUGE turn off.
But pretty much everyone on Gaia agrees that the generators are our biggest hurt, but I suppose they keep getting released because they sell, which is awful because it just creates an artificial need cycle for them because it drives prices up to where we can't afford things at all by normal means.

Yeah, true. At least a gold sink now and then does help a little considering how things are these days. I hate gold generators, the item ones are better.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:11 pm
Princess Zelda21
Yeah, true. At least a gold sink now and then does help a little considering how things are these days. I hate gold generators, the item ones are better.

(I meant to get back to you days ago, but I've not been on Gaia on the computer in a while and I couldn't get my phone to load the page correctly...)
I definitely won't complain about about occasional gold sinks, I'm actually pretty okay with them once a month, but when they occur every other week for a long time I get frustrated.
I only tried a gold gen once, and that was ages ago and simply because I had a piddly amount of GC with which I couldn't do anything else.
I think I gave that gold away or bought a gift for someone with it...
It was an amount that's tiny in comparison to grants now, like just a mil or something, but it was the most gold I had ever seen in the several years I'd been on Gaia.
I wish the RIGs were cheaper, I can never afford them, plus most of them don't give out enough paws items to make them worthwhile for me. :c

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:14 pm
Get a lot of money in real life, Buy gaia.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 am
Thanks for replying maybe i will start coming on more for the guild aspect , i used to just come on to chat and zomg. if they bought back meebo it would be awesome! I also miss chilling in the virtual hangouts  

ibobcey22

Original Member

9,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Gear Bush

Eternal Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:53 am
ibobcey22
Thanks for replying maybe i will start coming on more for the guild aspect , i used to just come on to chat and zomg. if they bought back meebo it would be awesome! I also miss chilling in the virtual hangouts

People really seem to forget how great guilds can be everyone just seems to Kik , skype , google chat and fb these days to talk to one another.... maybe im just old but i miss the hell out of small BBS clubs and that's just what gaia's guild system is.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:13 am
Queen Spazzy
Princess Zelda21

(I meant to get back to you days ago, but I've not been on Gaia on the computer in a while and I couldn't get my phone to load the page correctly...)
I definitely won't complain about about occasional gold sinks, I'm actually pretty okay with them once a month, but when they occur every other week for a long time I get frustrated.
I only tried a gold gen once, and that was ages ago and simply because I had a piddly amount of GC with which I couldn't do anything else.
I think I gave that gold away or bought a gift for someone with it...
It was an amount that's tiny in comparison to grants now, like just a mil or something, but it was the most gold I had ever seen in the several years I'd been on Gaia.
I wish the RIGs were cheaper, I can never afford them, plus most of them don't give out enough paws items to make them worthwhile for me. :c

I know what you mean. Still can't quite get a few items I need to finish two of my original characters' outfits. Saving up is taking way too long playing Switch 'em repeatedly. I'm down to nine hundred million something and I can't afford what I'm looking for, unfortunately. -_-*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

beaulolais

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:09 pm
i miss being young, like i used to be!

ten years ago, i was young and foolish,

now, i am merely foolish.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:28 am
Gear Bush
ibobcey22

People really seem to forget how great guilds can be everyone just seems to Kik , skype , google chat and fb these days to talk to one another.... maybe im just old but i miss the hell out of small BBS clubs and that's just what gaia's guild system is.

Lawl, I don't use ANY of those things.
Other than the guild, the closest I have to something 'social' is a couple forum groups out on another site.
And Pidgin (a third party aggregate IM client, on which I use such modern IM servers as AIM, YIM, and the now obsolete MSN messenger), I have a few (read: two) friends I talk to on Pidgin.
(Though I've not logged in on it in ages, been too busy with FFXIV, I finished a relic weapon and am just masochistic enough to try to get another one.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:11 pm
Huh,when did they add a chat system here? confused ~pokes at tab with chat on it~  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:33 pm
Yuki_Windira
Huh,when did they add a chat system here? confused ~pokes at tab with chat on it~

It's still brand new, so they're most likely working out the bugs and glitches. I haven't tried it since it somehow constantly shows nobody on the doggone thing.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:51 pm
Princess Zelda21
Yuki_Windira

It's still brand new, so they're most likely working out the bugs and glitches. I haven't tried it since it somehow constantly shows nobody on the doggone thing.

It's messed up for me too.x-x  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces