Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[GM ORP] An innocuous salesman (OVER - PG 5) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:03 pm
Outside of the school, in the boundaries of the town, a merchant has set up a stand. At first glance, they seem to just be bracelets of sort. They come in a variety of different colors, but each one has the symbol of a dissolving ankh etched into it. One that gives off a soft glow. They look pretty nice over all, but they seem to be just that. Accessories.

"Settimo Accardi, at your service," the reaper greets with a tip of his hat, "Wait-wait-wait! Don't just walk away. There is more than meets the eye with my goods. What seems like a simple bracelet, is something far more!"

He pauses, grinning.

"You see, what I have here is a FEAR amp. That's right. You heard me. When you turn this on, you will receive a boost to your FEAR, making you stronger, faster, BETTER! Now doesn't that sound nice?"

Settimo paces in front of his stand.

"Now you must be wondering... how much could this cost? Well good news, my friends. For just 3 silver seeds, one of these is yours! And don't worry. These have been thoroughly tested and are completely safe!"

OOC

gaia_star FEAR amps are being sold in Hallowentown. If your character wants to buy one, just rp them doing so! The silver seed cost is purely for rp. Please do NOT send me silver seeds.

gaia_star Feel free to ask Settimo questions and the like as well. Quote me if doing so.

gaia_star Oh. And they have a bit of a bonus.
FEAR Amp: For two turns, you get +2 damage (normal attack rolls only). These are usable once per battle. After it has been used, the bracelet loses power, rendering them useless, unless they're recharged. The question is... how the heck do you do that? At least the bracelet looks nice... When using this in battle, please mention the item and its effects, as well as how long it's lasting and whatnot as usual with battle items.

gaia_star Also something may happen to certain characters who buy one later on, for those who opt in for the option. Just post this if you are fine with some consequences or potential suffering. Signing up does not guarantee this will happen, depending on how many people do so. For those not chosen, nothing bad happens to them. You do not have to opt in for this in order to buy a Fear amp.

gaia_star This thread will remain open until Wednesday June 10th @ 11:59PM CDT (12:59am EDT/9:59pm PDT)

[size=14][b]**TAKE ME FOR, I, [Character name here] AM WILLING**[/b][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 pm
**TAKE ME FOR, I, PIPER BLACKE, AM WILLING**

Technically Piper was only there by accident. She had meant to scour about for a side job, or something to at least get her some sorely needed money, but she'd wandered just a little too far out. She wasn't a city ghoul at all; her terrain had been forests before Amityville accepted her.

Reaccepted her, she corrected herself with a mix of guilt and frustration.

The salesman's calls managed to overtake the other ambient noise, and it didn't take much at all to draw the reaper's attention. Even if it hadn't been a strength booster, Piper did like her some nice bling. But now that she was being a seed pincher, even that low cost made her hesitate. Was it worth it?

Trying to look like the typical skeptic--cool, haughty, and in need of being swayed--she approached. "Okay, guy, you got my eye," she greeted the reaper, arms crossed. "But how do I know these things are, like, legit?"

Blade Kuroda

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:25 pm
Settimo grinned at the girl before pointing at her.

"That! Young lady, is a very valid question. I am not looking to scam my customers. Oh no," he said with a shake of his head, "So... would you like to test one out? Just put one on and you should be able to feel it. They have a sort of ambient fear boost, but should you decide to focus it, it will activate the power within the bracelet."

With a twirl of his fingers, he produced one bracelet.

"So what'd you say?"

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm
**TAKE ME FOR, I, MATHIAS AM WILLING**

The wolpertinger had taken to wandering outside in his free time, so it was no surprise really that he managed to come across the stand, and the merchant who promised power. Curious, he made his way over, and caught sight of a familiar ghoul with blue hair as he did so, though he had not seen her in quite some time.

"Piper." He greeted her, with a somewhat grudging tone, watching as the merchant offered her his wares.

"How is it that they are vorking? Vut makes them ah, tick?" He asked, frowning, his tone dubious.

Blade Kurodxa
medigelx

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:53 pm
**TAKE ME FOR, I, JALAJA AM WILLING**

Jala had a penchant for trinkets, and a ghoul could never have enough. And so, when she discovered a merchant was selling some, with the added bonus of them being FEAR amplifiers, well... she was certainly intrigued.

"Just one? Pity. What if I want more?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:59 pm
More customers were arriving, and the grin had not faded from the reaper's face. He looked over the small group, addressing them individually.

"I can't give all the details. Trade secret and all, but see the glowing emblem? Within that is our special blend of FEAR and technology, which is what's able to produce its wonderful effect," Settimo answered the wolpertinger. He then turned towards Jala, "A matter of safety. Too much of a good thing can be bad, after all."

Seussi

[A.V.]

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:38 pm
There were a few things that were keeping Edel from finalizing her graduation from Amityville, mostly her player's inadequacy. Although the library and the rest of its facilities would still be available for her to use, there was nothing quite like the murmuring and whispers amongst the students to keep her up to date with the ongoings between the horsemen and the hunters. Visits to the town were far more frequent now, however, with no classes for her to attend and not the mention her own business dealings.

Settimo Arcadi,” she greeted the strange peddler with a leveled tone, “Pleasure to meet you.” A scrutinizing gaze was cast upon the bracelets, the ghoul wondering if they could be somewhat related to the things she had been researching on for a while. They certainly didn't seem like an artifact, (those wouldn't be so easily peddled on a street for one), but their abilities were interesting to say the least.

May I?” she asked, procuring a bag of silver seeds, tone laden with the intention to purchase the lot of them. She wasn't so concerned with the purported powers they offered, but they would probably come in useful with her research. And if there was anything fishy about them as she would have suspected, agency 666 was just a call away. That... unfortunate internship term did serve the purpose of obtaining connections at the very least.

**TAKE ME FOR, I, EDEL, AM WILLING**  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 am
**TAKE ME FOR, I, ANDREW IS WILLING**

"Three silver seeds?" Andrew had never heard of anything like this. And for such a low price it sounded like it was worth the effort.

Though only allowing one per customer... sounded a lot like a promotional deal. it was probably the equivalent to candy or some such. Still even the thought was interesting. Andrew pulled out 3 seeds for the merchant. He did have some money to spare after all.

He seemed to have forgotten the mantra that if it sounded too good to be true, it probably was.

Blade Kuroda
is that once per battle or once ever until recharged?

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:47 am
**TAKE ME FOR, I, URU'BAEN IS WILLING**

Uru was roaming around, taking a walk back from the town with a bag of groceries. There was a recipe that he had read that he wanted to give a try. It was then that he noticed a strange stand that was calling in students and residence alike. It was new, he hadn't noticed it before but... he did take the long route to town. AKA. he went through the woods. Curiosity had won him over and found himself walking toward the strange stand. His eyes flitted over the merchandise the reaper peddler was offering. The idea was a nice one and the price wasn't much at all, all things considered. He pulled out three silver seeds and offered it to the stand owner and took one band for himself.

Uru listened intently to what Settimo was saying as he held the band in his hand. His wrist already held a band that his sister gave him, so this one would go over the other ... covering up the ritualistic tattoo that he had gotten from his uncle.

"How long does it work?" Uru questioned skeptically. Even if it didn't have magic imbued into it, it was still a decently nice looking accessory. However, anhks weren't exactly his thing.

Blade Kuroda
HOW DOES IT WORK, BLADEY MAYS!?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 am
Settimo bowed lightly to Edel.

"Be my guest," he said, taking her coin, then letting her take her pick of the amps. His attention shifted to Andrew, doing the same for him.

"The minor boost can last indefinitely, in theory. However, should you tap into it to access more of its power, it drains it more quickly. I assure you, it will be worth it, though."

phantompanther13
Once ever until recharged. If your character gains access to the means of recharging it, then it'd be once per battle effectively. But otherwise one time only.

Phiferwolf
PUT IT ON AND FEEL THE POWAH.
zyphiris

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:48 am
Uru shifted the groceries into his other hand as he slapped on the band onto his wrist. He didn't exactly feel anything, maybe a light rush of energy - invigorating - but not much else. He raised a brow skeptically. "You said 'drain', so then there is a limit to it. If the limit is tapped out, what then? It becomes useless?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:51 am
"I don't think it's too likely you will end up draining it completely. These bands are fairly robust!"

PhiferWolf

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 am
After handing over the seeds, Andrew eyed the devices for a moment before choosing a red one and slipping it on. He give it an experimental waved before glancing at his tail. His fire didn't look any different, but perhaps it wasn't fire specific.

"I don't feel much of anything... It's probably only really useful if you use the boost."

He turned to uru. "If you are so skeptical, skip buying it. It probably isn't that different from an energy drink."

Blade Kuroda

PhiferWolf
hush uru let us have our fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 am
**TAKE ME FOR, I, XAVIER, IS WILLING**

Xavier had no idea what was happening, but he'd seen the others around the salesman, and so edged closer curiously, head bowed so that his feathery hair fell in dark curtains around his face and hid his wary expression partially from view.

He had almost thought to walk right past the motley little group, but when he heard the words FEAR amp, he'd stopped, eyes widening, because if anyone needed an amping of FEAR, Xavier definitely did.

Mostly because he was pathetic, but also because he just couldn't seem to get anything right when it came to fighting.

"E-erm," Xavier waffled, face reddening as he inched closer. "M...may I please have one..?"

As soon as he'd forked over the money, he hastily scrambled away, tucking the amp into his pocket and hoping he wouldn't even have to use it.

**TAKE ME FOR, I, LLYRENDIL, IS WILLING**

Unlike many in the little throng of people, Llyr didn't say a single word, but instead simply floated over to the stand with an air of mingled curiosity and confusion, as if it was an accident that he'd even gotten out of bed that morning.

His eyes flitted over the materials, and, once he'd paid, Llyr gently pocketed the band and drifted away once more, the entire exchange taking less than a minute.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:06 am
**TAKE ME FOR, I CAMILLA, AM WILLING**

Camilla had just finished up some of her monthly shopping and was browsing the outer parts of town when she came across a salesmen selling nice looking bracelets! Naturally she was curious about them and decides to go over and see... When she arrives she finds a small crowd and so she decides to just hang in the back for a bit...

She hadn't even really gotten to look at the bracelets yet until she wiggled her way to the front however when she does her eyes widen happily! "Ooo! Wow those are nice!" she exclaims as she looks them over however as she looks up at the salesman himself she frowns a bit... There was definitely something... snake oily about him... Still... Others had bought bracelets and seemed to be fine... She didn't really want one for the amp anyway! "So..." she begins putting a hand to her chin lightly as her inner merchant comes out "You say these are safe... And they've been tested... They weren't tested out on Minipets inhumanely were they? And how durable are they? Will they last through many battles? And you say the charge dies after one good use but there's a special way to recharge them...? Hm..." she asks in a soft yet serious questioning tone... She didn't like the idea of recharging them by some secret method...

Blade Kuroda
Besides the Anhk can the bracelets be any style? Like cuff, woven, beaded, etc or are they a specific style?

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff