Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Auto Exam] Maze of Madness [AJ and Maple] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:38 pm
THE EXAM: MAZE OF MADNESS (Y2 > Y3)

Quote:

There's no note this time; you wake up in the middle of the night to find yourself standing at the entrance to an enormous maze. Towering hedges stretch on for what seem like forever, and you have no idea where at school you even are, but it seems like every time you try to step backwards, you can't. Your footsteps only carry you forwards, to the maze.

"Greetings," says a voice to your left, and when you turn you can see a pale haired man with sharp teeth smiling genially at you. "My name is Professor Zephron; I'm the Potions Professor here at school, and I'm here to guide you through your exam."

He gestures towards the maze. "It's simple, really - all you have to do is get through the maze. I'll be waiting on the other side with your certificate, so come find me, okay?"

And with a grin, he shifts into a monstrous emerald hellhound and darts away, deep into the maze.

Well. Guess you better get started!

THE EXAM
There are two parts to this exam! You must complete both in order to successfully complete it!

PART 1: COUNTING STEPS

You need to get to 30 steps in order to get to Part 2! At each milestone passed there will be a small status effect, so make sure you're reading them carefully!

• Roll 1d12 with each post to see how many steps you go!
  • At 5 steps you realize the world has tipped and you are now walking upside down. It doesn't hurt, but it sure feels weird...
  • At 10 steps you're right side up again, but it's like you're walking through thick mud, though you see none. Your legs feel heavier than normal.
  • At 15 steps your legs feel okay, but now the maze keeps going in circles around you and it's starting to make you feel kind of sick...
  • At 20 steps (thankfully) the world has stopped spinning, but you realize that somehow you've shrunk. Or maybe the maze has just gotten bigger.
  • At 25 steps, you seem to be your normal size again, but it's so cold and so windy it's almost as though you're being pushed backwards.
  • At 30 steps, you seem to have finally made it through almost the entire maze. In fact, you think you can see the door up ahead, except...

Except....

PART 2: THE FIGHT

As you near the end of the maze, something huge blocks your way - a dark shadow that has been lurking ever since you started walking. It looms in front of you and seems to want to deny you passageway - but you've already come this far, you're not going to let a little shadow get in your way!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Except as the shadow moves closer, it shifts form - and suddenly you're facing not a shadow, but yourself; except wispy tendrils of black are seen emanating from the fingers and toes, even the eyes upon occassion.

How...weird.

• Your shadow self has 50 HP.
  • Use standard attack dice to kill it (2d8 - 6)!
  • It does 2 autodamage for every successful attack. If you miss, you don't take autodamage!
  • You are allowed to use FEARS!

Upon dissipation of your shadow self, you finally reach the end of the maze and burst through. An emerald colored hellhound sits beneath a nearby tree, looking as pleased as pie. When you walk nearer, he shifts form and the Professor comes into view again, raking blonde hair out of his eyes. There is a stack of parchments beside him; Certificates of Exam Completion.

"Congrats," he says pleasantly, and bends to pick up one of the parchments. He hands it to you with a smile. "Welcome to Hob level."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:46 pm
There hadn't been a note the last time either, it had been rather sudden as well. A knock on the door and a grumpy gnome. At least there had been warning, she realized when she awoke suddenly in a field in front of a maze. One that refused to allow her to retreat.

And in her pajamas, like last time. And with the Potions Professor as her guide, one of her worst subjects despite having a potions master as a mother. Everything just seemed to be going great so far. Maple let out a distressed little sound and clasped her arms around herself. This wasn't going to go too well, was it.

meegane
biggrin

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:25 am
He knew it was almost the time he reached the examination for the next year, however, when gnomes burgled into his room (when he knocked one or two heads with a tray), he was slightly startled. They sprayed some powders in front of him and he fell.

Holding an empty tray and with an apron on him, the serpent-dragon boil woke up at a spacious but confined place. It wasn't the first time he woke up to things, so he rather let it roll. He walked with interest, placed the tray on top of the tail head and his hand brushed along the hedges. It felt like an underground structure and it unwillingly linked to the recent incident with the ring that gave him the scar on his arm. He frowned at it together with the memories inside that room, and tossed them aside under exasperation. The fist hit the wall hard as he attempted to find a way to calm down. "Damn it."

The Head trying its best to balance with the tray shoved itself closer to make it concern while gently swaying its neck not let the tray fall. "AJ. Are you alright?" It did't hide it worries in its tone because it was a kid. He smiled but didn't say anything. Soon, a teacher appeared. "Greeting, Professor Zephron."

AJ listened to what the professor said and quickly realized it was his exam. While nodding in acknowledgement, he wondered if he had attended any of the potion classes taught by him. It wasn't easy to recall that all of a sudden, and when he was still pondering, the professor shifted to a canine and ran away. "Wooooo that's cool." Only at that moment, AJ realized he wasn't alone, he turned to smile at the creepson only to find it was Maple.

"Oh my how lucky I am, having an adorable witch as my companion" he chirped delightfully. "Long time no see, Maple, how are you?" He dragged her into a small hug, his arm could be moved again, even the scar would be forever. "MAPLE! MAPLE! NONG TIM NO C~" The tail head hissed happily as well, repeating the witch's name.

chirigami
ILU and Maple <3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:37 am
How completely unobservant of her, not realizing someone was there with her besides the professor until they had their arms wrapped around her petite frame. Maple squeaked in surprise and instantly her cheeks went crimson when she heard his voice. It was AJ. Hugging her. And she was simply wearing pajamas. (Was he wearing an apron?)

"H-hello.. AJ..." She stammered, trying to not let her brain burn out or something from the contact of the monster. "H-hello.. Head... I'm.. f-fine...?" Hard to tell with how tense she was postured and their current circumstances. "W.. were you m-making something...?" Now addressing the apron she could now clearly see and the tray that his tail had in its mouth. Was that how he had received his scar? No... it seemed too old to be fresh.

"A... are you alright?"

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 am
Because he was AJ, so he smiled with his head unconsciously tilted a little. "Ah ya. Got a recipe from someone and was trying to make it. You - were sleeping?" He couldn't control his eyes to peek at Maple, who was in a set pf pyjamas. "You're always cute, but this look is new to me."

Noticing she was staring at the scar, he raised his arm. "This? Nope, just a burn, I'm okay." The skin was no longer black like dead soils after a fire, but the scar was noteworthy. He took the tray out head's mouth and put back to top of it. "It was the DE-sldfjlsdkjflkj" AJ stuffed its mouth with the tray again. "Bro would like this way better, I guess." Before he made up his mind how to deal with the demon, he wished not to let anyone worried and get involved in it.

"Why can't they arrange the exam at a better time? Are you sleepy, Maple? If not, let's finish it quickly and get back to bed. We've lessons tomorrow."

-----------------------------------------

The beginning of the maze only had one path, so the monster boil and witch walked along it. "I heard that if you turn left whenever you encounter a fork, it's the fastest way to get out. Wanna prove this theory?" AJ winked at the ghoul from the back, grinning brightly like a boil excited for an adventure.

Steps walked: 4

chirigami

chirigami rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:46 pm
It was a relief to be released, but the witch still held a sheepish expression when he realized her attire. And complimented it. "Y-yes..." she replied in a low tone, turning to poke her index fingers together and resisting the urge to try to cover up (but with what?), "b-but.. I'm f-fine..." Whom ever dragged her here at least seemed to have the decency to allow her just a little bit of rest. And thankfully left the book she had been reading behind as well, least it get ruined.

"I'm.. g-glad.. you are...okay..." She added in, taking one look towards his scar once again. The pair earned a slight raise of an eyebrow, mild curiosity struck to why the monster would shove the tray into his mouth but she really wasn't the type to press further. He was alright, and that's what mattered, right?

And besides, he was already heading into the maze. No time to dwell on those things just yet, just what was coming up.

Phase One: Counting Steps

"R-really?" The ghoul asked her companion, pondering if she had come across such information before. She didn't voice any sort of opinion on his plan, however, she was honestly just willing to follow him through.

That plan didn't last, either of them. Somehow Maple found herself ahead of AJ, upside down for a short turn and then right side up after a few more steps. Her legs felt really heavy for some reason. QQ

Quote:
steps: 10/30

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:13 am

AJ was glad the ghoul didn't pry further down, he won't be able to explain it clearly to her his feeling towards the demon. He thought he could start anew as another person, not bothered by his past. However, he was wrong. He realized he wanted friends, but at the same time, wished they would return the love and care. It hurt more than anything when the demon told him not to reminisce at the past, he couldn't because it never be the past for him. He lived in the past. He once believed the demon won't hurt him even he was grumpy but the scar - it told him wrong.

He said he care, but he didn't show it. Even as an easy boil like AJ, he would love to feel being concerned. Thus when Xiu was there, the one that gave him a tiny bit of hint of what a mother should be - he found he connected her with the senior. Thus, when she only showed cares to the demon, and when the demon used a different attitude, he feel something agitated inside him. The room, which was filled with the taste and smell of the blood reminded him of the nights he fought on the streets like a mad dog. They said they cared, but he could only see them caring each other, he wasn't necessary. He didn't belong to anywhere.

He didn't notice he fell behind when he zoned out through his musing. When he did, Maple no longer next to him. Even the ghoul was much braver, he still worried for her. She was that adorable and sweet that he wished nothing bad would happen to her, he'd realized he was slightly over protective of the witch. Yet, besides the demon, she was a friend he knew so long through the school time. He used to have no friends, who needed friends that only mocked and set him up, he needed none.

"Maple? Maple? If you're here, answer me." He ran through the corridor, hoping the witch would reply his call the next second. But the next second, he was upside down instead. The long hair straightened and flew towards the ceiling. Nope. He was walking on the ceiling, so the opposite side should be the ground. Is that the world the bats always see? AJ wondered, his foot stuck firmly on the ceiling like there were magnet underneath. Head was holding the tray as firmly as it could, under the pull of gravity, it wanted to drop or in its view angle - float away.

Steps walked: 4+4=8

chirigami

chirigami rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:24 pm

How had she gotten so far ahead of him? Why hadn't she been paying more attention as he zoned out and fell out of step with her? Maple let out a little whine as he hands went to the hem of her shirt, her eyes pleading as she looked down the path she had just come from to see if AJ was perhaps only so far behind. All she could hear were his calls at first.

"A-AJ! I'm.. I'm alr-right." She called back, at least glad they were in shouting distance. Still, there was much distress in her voice. "Th-this.. p-part of the m-maze.. seems... to b-be ..." how to describe it, "it-it's like.. th-there's invisible... m-mud. Hopefully.. you.. c-can c-catch up.." She desperately wanted him to. She even wanted to simply go back and regroup, he was so much stronger than she was but the maze didn't seem to allow her - much like at the entrance - and all she could do was continue forward.

So, it was simply all the witch could do. Continue on and keep looking over her shoulder in hopes of the monster would return to her side. Soon she found herself finally away from the heaviness of the maze, she turned left - taking the suggestion from AJ to see if he were right - and began to question it all together. Her hands tightened around her hem and she pushed her lips together as she looked all around her. The maze was spinning, constantly moving around her. Changing and changing, whirling about.

She wanted off now.

Quote:
steps: 19/30

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 am

Fortunately, the maze provided a good conductor of sound. Maple's weak voice could get to where the monster was. Locating Maple's approximate position, he yelled back. "Thanks for the warning, don't worry, I'll catch you up soon!" He paused his saunter and begun to run, hoping the witch won't be too helpless. He could hear the unsettling emotions from her voice.

A few steps from his original point, he found himself walking on the ground. "Jack," he hissed as each step became heavier. "Maple, still there? If you're scared, think about the happy times we spent together." He waded along the path, as if he was stuck in a swamp full of mud or entangled with lots of seaweeds. "Like the first time we met, it was fun, the snacks were nice and we had a meaningful conversation. Remember?"

The dragging feeling just remained for a short time, when he made a particular step out, he promptly felt lighter and his body was pushed forward in response to the excessive force he used to struggle through what Maple called invisible mud.

"AJ, I feel sick....." The Head said and drew the boil attention to the surrounding, his mind was spinning fast for the past memories to distract the witch. "What the hell....." He blinked, a bit startled with the swirling wall in front of him. He felt like he was on a spinning disk and the view circled around. It gave him a headache just watching, he just closed his eyes to separate himself from the disturbances. The balance was weakened but enough to move forward. Getting used to it, he spoke again, "Or the eye-screams we share? How about the necklace and hair pins? I spent a lot of time picking them." He chuckled, hoping to ease the stuffy atmosphere.

"Maple!" He finally saw the silhouette of the ghoul but she was wabbling. He reached out to pat her shoulder. "Hey, still alright?"

Steps walked: 8+12=20

chirigami
Catching up biggrin

chirigami rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:15 pm

She didn't really think of herself being frightened, after all, she was supposed to be something scary. A few choice descriptive words would have been nervous and maybe a little anxious - and right now, a little queasy. But it was comforting to hear AJ's voice in the maze, urging her on and distracting her from their surroundings. "I d-don't.. like this p-part of the m-maze..." She muttered, closing her eyes finally and just taking a step forward.

Around her, it felt like everything had settled, the sensation of spinning gone. The witch dared to open her eyes even after a single step and at least found that everything had stopped moving. And that AJ had found his way to her. Her lips curled ever so slightly into a small relieved smile, "c-can.. we g-get.. eyescream.. after th-this...? If.. w-we live..." Such a childish request, but she could really go for some. Well, if they lived through all of it. But, at least with him here, they had slightly better chances of survival (especially not knowing if there was anything beyond the maze or anything).

Even if the walls looked like... they had gotten bigger? Certainly they hadn't gotten smaller, right? Not the both of them together? Maple glanced at each of them at her sides and looked ahead, taking note of the increased height and found herself unsure of what it meant. Just all the same made her nervous and it was very tempting to take AJ's hand, but oh how she didn't have the gall to do such a thing. Instead she pressed forward hoping he were close behind her.

Soon enough, the walls receded to their normal height but Maple found herself, instead, very cold. She shivered and hugged herself, trying very hard to fight the wind. Especially when she could see the end just.. right... there. (Of course she couldn't make it in just one go QQ).

Quote:
steps: 29/30
( really, one step away? xDD )

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 1 12-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-12)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 pm

AJ wanted to create a more comfortable ambience for Maple, they chatted like they were separated by a very thick wall. He chuckled, "Yup, I don't like it either. It's like if I change back to my natural form, I would - either stuck or torn down the whole thing." One would imagine a shrug followed hearing the tone in his voice.

The boil touched the witch affectionately and grinned at her suggestion. "Of course we'll live, it's just a test of our ability, we'll go out just fine and order some eye-screams for the famous store in the town. That's an excellent idea, Maple!" The voice of the monster was more cheerful. He was one step behind her, a distance he could give the feeling he was walking besides her while get into quick response if something come from behind. Like always, AJ just smiled gently to give the ghoul his support. "Berry Tornado! Triple Vanilla! Bloody Merry! Mysterious Surprise!" Hearing eye-scream, the Head still holding the tray shoved itself between them and yelled out names, as if it was already in the store ordering and the next second it would have what it had shouted. Even lacking a spoon, it was so ready.

It wasn't just an illusion, indeed they shrank. At first, AJ though they might be going downwards that the wall became taller. He put a coin on the ground to test if he was right, but it didn't roll down so that demolish the idea. Then, peeking through his shoulder as they walked forward - he saw the coin growing bigger. It caused a frown on his face as his mind spun quickly. "Maple, do you feel the things around us grow bigger -" he paused as a whim formed, "or we are smaller."

They didn't stop, because it forced them go upwards but not the other way. One, two, three, he felt his vision rose up. He tossed another rock on the ground, wanted to check and compare the sizes. The maze didn't give them a break, AJ noticed Maple was quivering as if they stepped into another zone. First it was upside down, then their feet felt heavy, next the world spun to make them dizzy followed by the increased steps when they were shrunken. He couldn't not smile for the teachers' effort in testing their abilities. Such a big party.

He born in the oasis surrounded by miles of sands, his body had used to the extreme temperature. Sometimes he would walk out of the city and stand in the sandstorm to feel the power of it. "Maple, it's the first time they push us backward, I guess we'll soon be out of the maze." Even the wind had blown his hair all backwards, the boil looked as if he was at ease. His hands gently applied the pushing force onto Maple, from her back. "Think of something warm, like a nice coffee with maple syrup?" It was gentle but solid, the witch could feel the support, it was unlike the magic of the maze that didn't allow her to go backward. "I believe you, you can do it, Maple." He whispered softly, clear in the whistles of the strong winds.

Steps walked: 20+8=28

chirigami
2 step from it, he wanna tag along XD

chirigami rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Maple wouldn't have objected to him tearing down the whole maze. But would that have made them fail in some regard or given them points in thinking outside of the box? (And how had it never occurred to her to use her broom... or would that have been cheating?) Worrisome questions perhaps. They should just get through the maze probably.

At least he didn't object to her suggestion for eye scream, something to look forward to if they survived this; even if it were a small thing compared to passing. It was also just another lovely distraction from the grown walls they traveled through - thinking of which flavors to get - and a bit through the gale force winds that met them after.

"S-something.. warm?" Probably not the best time to open her mouth, as inexperienced as she was with such winds. Her mouth sudden caught a chunk of her layered brown hair that decided to whip into her face at that moment. Now she was making odd sounds, spitting it out and kind of couldn't see. Which made AJ's hand pressing on her back take her completely by surprise, causing her to make another weird sound akin to a screech and tumble forward...

... and right into what blocked their path at the end of the maze. "Aa!" She stumbled backwards, tense and frazzled, running her hands over her face to clear her view and then groaned pitifully at what she saw. It was a shadow at first, which wouldn't have been so bad until it suddenly looked like herself (and a little cooler). How many of these was she meant to fight in a lifetime? (And why did shadow versions of herself always look cooler?!)

Quote:
steps: 30/30 ( +11 ) way to over shoot it Maple

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 pm

AJ heard the scream and her body cringed, he didn't know his kindness would only bring burden to the witch with the bad weather status. "Maple?" He'd asked if she was okay, but instead the next second, he felt the person he was touching was empty air. AJ was confused for one second but he decided to catch up, making her bumped into the ghoul who stopped. "Maple? What's wrong?"

He peeked out through the ghoul and the shadows that blocking the way. The boil couldn't see the shifting of the one of them into a silhouette like Maple but he saw another one transformed into him. "Aww." He mused. "This doesn't sound unfamiliar." There were so many weird things happened in the past, facing themselves was one of them. "One thing I know, we'd looked much better than them because we're the real thing."

The serpent dragon monster always had an optimistic mindset, fighting with another self seemed to be exciting. His bloods warmed up and he could feel the joy within him. Yet, he didn't forget Maple. He'd ran to help the witch to fight hers, but the shadow AJ blocked his way to her.

"Excuse me, I need to help the lady" said the boil to the shadow AJ.

Steps walked: 30/30

chirigami
30/30 (+9) closely following!

chirigami rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:37 pm
Phase Two: The fight

There was some small fleeting hope that this wasn't going to end up in some sort of fight, that they would have to figure out some clever way of defeating their shadow versions. But that small part of her should have known better. And truly wished that AJ would be able to assist her, but also could have guessed that would not be able to happen.

His own shadow was blocking him from advancing towards her and her's was leering... kind of.. it was hard to tell... at her before it lunged at her, a shadowed hand sweeping outward towards the witch as it if was actually skilled. Maple managed to summon her broom in time to block the dark tendrils from tearing into her arm, but alas was not able to land any sort of decent counter measures of her own. Oh how she hated fighting! She was so bad at it!

"Th-they.. t-tend to.. b-be.. b-better than.. m-me..." There was evidence of at least two of them that she had seen in a dream, after all. So depressing.

Quote:
Maple's HP: 38/40
Shadow HP: 49/50
Damage: 1

meegane

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Meegane rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:24 pm
PART 2: THE FIGHT

AJ used to be a loner, he didn't care about himself much, thus he hated situations like that - when his friend or simply the creeple he cared of getting injured. If he was on his own, he would fight until he dissipate. Yet, things didn't go smooth for the monster. In the dream, in weird events, he experienced and witnessed his friends being hurt. He felt useless for it, he carved for power, much stronger to protect someone.

He didn't want to scare them, but the gentle self was not effective in protecting anything. "MAPLE!" He yelled when, through the shadow self, seeing the dark tendrils sharpened like needle and thrust at the witch. He pushed himself forward, ready to dash but he was blocked by the dark tendrils of his own shadow, jeering. AJ exhaled when he saw the witch managed to get her broom for obstructing. "Nah, I'm sure you look more adorable." He talked with his relaxed voice, "Hang on, Maple, after I finish this, I'll come for you. I believe you can take her down though because you improve, you're better."

However, behind the witch, he gritted his teeth at his own shadow and snapped his claw at the shadow's face then squished the tendrils in a cruel way with his eyes lit with ire. "Get out of my way." He whispered as a threat. "We're gonna be Year Two soon, together." He stated firmly.

chirigami

AJ: 38/40
Shadow AJ: 45/ 50
DMG: 5  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items