Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP: Pelagion and Hera] Pink as a Totally Valid Color Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:46 pm
Pelagion lounged on a bench on the school grounds, gazing ponderously at the sky.He wasn't thinking of anything in particular, he simply... was. It was a nice day in Halloween, and he was comfortable here, existing, on his own time. Sure he was probably supposed to be somewhere, doing something, but what did that matter to Pelagion? He was bothering nobody on this bench, and nobody, for now, was bothering him... He stretched, relaxing, and closed his eyes...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 am
Hera and Atlas was spending the day outside, as they often did - despite already having sketched and researched quite a few of the plants on the grounds, she was still constantly finding new and exciting ones that she absolutely needed to analyze.

Which was why she was sitting on a bench, familiar beside her, her leather-bound sketchbook - engraved with vines and flowers - open on her lap as she sketched a rendition of the leaf that was laying on one page.

Absorbed in her task she hadn't paid much interest to the boil sitting beside her on the bench, but her familiar Atlas was watching him stretch with interest.

DraconicFeline
if you could quote me when replying that'd be awesome!! <33333

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:20 am
Ephebe
No problem - i didnt quote you before because i linked you in IM

Pelagion finished stretching languidly and, aware that someone had sat down next to him, opened his eyes. He took in the armor, the familiar (because even he could tell that wasn't a mini) and the sketchbook. She was a reaper – okay. What he was really paying attention to, however, was her very volumptuous mane of hair, bouncing in curls.

“Hey.” he greeted, blinking his yellow eyes at her, “Nice hair.” he said it, of course, with a completely straight face and he meant it – it was really amazingly lovely hair. And such a color, too!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 am
"Hm?" Hera looked up at the greeting, mind still on other matters, before languidly blinking back her half-lidded, golden eyes at his compliment.

"Yes, it is isn't it?" A small, proud smile grew on her lips, "I am quite fond of it myself, truth be told. Atlas as well, of course," she nodded to her mantis-like familiar, "I am told it makes for a nice place to nap."

Adjusting the leaf on the page so it wouldn't fall out, she put the pencil in its little leather strap holder in her sketchbook before carefully closing it to focus on her new acquaintance. "Yours is quite beautiful as well, I would say." She surveyed him with a critical eye before deciding; "the contrast is rather lovely."

DraconicFeline
thank you!! <333 sorry, I have trouble keeping track of RPs if it's just over IM ;;

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am
Ephebe

“You should be fond of it.” Pelagion agreed, appreciatively. He wasn't sure about napping in it, but if that was what her insect familiar wanted to do, then Pel wasn't going to argue with him. It. He ran his hand through his own white hair. “Yeah, it is.” he said, pleased, “It's my natural color. Got it from my Mum. My skin, too.” He tapped his hand against his face and, with a little concentration, created an illusion that flipped the colors of his hair and skin – well, the skin that was visible, anyway. Illusions only worked with what could be seen, which made this particular illusion a little easier. “Doesn't look nearly so good.” he said, giving her a smile, “When it's black on white, and not white on black...” He dispelled the illusion, returning to his normal colors...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:28 pm
"Me as well!" Hera said enthusiastically, before watching as he skillfully swapped the colours of his hair and skin. That was - well, she'd heard of illusionists of course, but she'd never actually met one. She was beginning to realise that there were many things in this world that she had heard of, but never encountered before coming to Amityville Academy. If nothing else, this school certainly was broadening her horizons.

She looked at him with great fascination, blinking languidly as he dispelled the illusion, "yes, I quite agree - this is definitely the best of the two combinations. Is it your natural one or simply another illusion?"

DraconicFeline

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:54 pm
Ephebe

“Um...” Pelagion hesitated. Sometimes, he had to double check, especially when he was using his illusions a lot. Sometimes, they did things they weren't supposed to, or lingered even after they were dispelled... tricky little things. “Yeah. Natural colors.” he said. The non-human shades and pointy ears were sort of odd for a reaper, certainly, but that was a mixture of fun pumpkin patch fear mingling from his parents and some of his magic... heh. Okay, so it was a little illusion magic... but not really much. “Guess I'm lucky.” he said, smiling mildly. “My mum, she looks a little more...” he cast the illusion again, but this time the hollows of his cheeks and the bones of his face were more accented, he had a blue, icy tint to his skin, the hair was a little more wild, and the eyes were pits instead of their usual gleaming yellow. Just for kicks, he managed to get a little frosty, misty action going, too, a few wisps appearing to drift out of his eye sockets. It was, though, a very complicated illusion, so full of multiple parts that he could only hold it for a few seconds before he had to dispell it. He felt a little drained as he let the magic dissipate, and as he checked himself again for any lingering illusions, he felt – smugly – proud – he'd gone a little bigger, a little longer, a little better than before.

Hey.

Maybe school was good for something after all.

“Cept, you know, she's also a horse.” he explained, matter-of-factly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:40 am
"Fascinating," she said, and meant it. She was watching him with keen eyes and as he shifted his appearance to illustrate how his mom looked, she gave an excited little gasp. What power!

He did not hold it long but that was no matter; this was a school, and no doubt by the time he'd finished his education he'd be an accomplished illusionist.

"I see," she nodded, smiling a little. "That is a marvelous power you hold - an illusionist of some sort, I take it? To change one's appearance at will... I do not hold much wish for that myself," she moved her head in a graceful, calculated way meant to draw attention to her beauty to illustrate just why she wasn't personally interested, "but it is a magnificent power nonetheless! And the possibilities, both personal and professional are quite endless. Can you extend it to things or beings not yourself?" She was rather curious - had she been standing she might have been moving more in excitement, but as it was she simply fidgeted with her hand, tracing the cover of her sketchbook and once more watched him with keen eyes as she waited for his answer.

DraconicFeline

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 am
Ephebe

Pel was, admittedly, pleased that she liked his powers. Honestly, they weren't that much, not yet. “Sure, it's pretty neat.” he agreed. Being able to mess with one's appearance saved a lot of time and effort, and it was pretty fun besides.

He nodded, understandingly and looked over her approvingly, for the moment, with an artist's eye – something he didn't indulge as often as he might have liked.

She certainly was aesthetically beautiful, with a great skin and hair tone, not to mention bright and clear eyes. Good bone structure, proportions, and very snazzy armor, too.

Hmmm... Maybe she could do well with a different color or style of hair or eyes, just for variety and for special occasions, but she certainly didn't really need to change anything, and was clearly happy with her colorful appearance. He could appreciate that.

Not that he could really test a magical change in her appearance. “Not yet.” he replied. “To effect it, I've got to be holding it, its got to be on me, or it has to be... me. And then it's not permanent.” As she had obviously seen. “One of these days, though, I probably will, though”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:27 am
She preened under his gaze, doing her best to look graceful and elegant. It was something she rather thought came naturally to her, but it never hurt to give it that little extra effort.

"I have no doubt," she said, fully convinced that he'd be able to one day. Who would not want to learn to better such a marvelous ability? "Amityville Academy certainly has a reputation for turning out skilled Reapers, so I suppose we are in good hands here. As a druidess my magic tends more towards potions of course, but already I have learned many new things here!"

DraconicFeline

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:49 pm
Ephebe

Amityville turned out lots of skilled... everything. Amityville was just prestigious that way. Pelagion didn't like it but, as he stayed here, he grudgingly admitted that there was probably something to it...

“Potions, huh.” said Pelagion thoughtfully, “That's a handy skill to have.” he commented after a moment, “Can do lots of things with them – all kinds...” He nodded – he was sure she had learned many new things here, and he actually did want to hear them, maybe, but first... Those potions.

“So, your potions... make any hair related ones? Like... not hair growth...” that was for scarelings, “But, uh, shampoos, conditioners, treatments, mini grooming... things like that?”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:45 am
She was nodding enthusiastically until his question stumped her. "I..." did she? Hera took a moment to think, wracking her brain, "yes... a few. They tend to be less potions and more -" she made a gesture in the air with a hand. "Less magic, more practical things. I suppose," her tone was brightening, "one could put a little magic into it - for enhancement, yes? There must be some recipes for that."

Mulling it over for a moment, she turned to him and said, quite decisively; "I know a few, but it should be a small matter to look up more, if you are interested?"

DraconicFeline

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:17 am
Ephebe

Pelagion nodded. “Theres got to be.” he said, somewhat emphatically. Hair and fur was important – there needed to be magically enhanced treatments for them. “And if there aren't...” Pelagion considered his offer carefully, “You wanna try to make some up?” It was an offer of time as much as a question.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:00 am
Oh my - was he volunteering his services in the creation of whole new potions? Hera blushed a bit, because that was rather flattering; of course she was capable of creating what he'd asked for from scratch, but for him to recognize that out of only a small conversation was rather prodigious of him.

"Oh yes," her voice was fervent and already her mind was running to the best combinations of ingredients - there were so many options here, things she'd need to test and re-test, all that research that needed to be done! "Yes!"

"We need a plan. Somewhere to start," she said decisively, mind working furiously; "the obvious place is research, of course - if we see what others have done, it could save us the time of starting from scratch. Even if the recipes are not to our liking, we can take elements that work from them and add them to new ones."

Unconsciously her hands were illustrating her words in the air; "and then we'll need to source the ingredients to test them out. You'll never know what works if you don't try it - the school has a rather large supply of ingredients, but not all of them would be open to our use. I have some as well, of course, but my garden is newly started and perhaps not as extensive as I'd like it to be. We'll see what's needed and source it as we can."

She hummed out loud, thinking for bit before nodding, "yes, that should be our plan for now - find recipes, find ingredients, test them out and see what we get from that. And of course, we will have more options in the future as our magic grows; perhaps," she looked rather enthused at this prospect, "we might even learn to combine our magics! Your illusion magic, mixed in potion form would be rather spectacular, don't you think? Sell-able too, I imagine."

DraconicFeline
sorry she is... really passionate about potions haha

Ephebe

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 am
Ephebe
He's legit enjoying this

Pelagion managed a smile – her enthusiasm was infectious. Heck, he was enthusiastic. “Yeah, maybe the library... Or, uh, the library in town more likely will have it. Even some simple stuff – just to get a sense of some basic working combinations, right?” His eyes followed her hands idly - “Yeah. As needed. I can pick up whatever at the maul, if we need it – they've got some massive potion stores there” he said, thoughtfully. Though, obviously, a garden would have fresher ingredients.

“Yeah.” he agreed, nodding along as she talked, That was an interesting thought – mixing illusion magic into the mix. Now how would he manage that? Or combining, for that matter... Eh, he'd figure it out. “Yeah. Sounds like we have a plan, or something like one” he said, offering a hand out to shake – that was what one did when starting a partnership, right? “So, you do potions. Are you a witch or something?” Somehow, that didn't seem likely – most straight up witches he knew of had something feline for a familiar, not a mantis, and they weren't so... planty. “Or a, uh, shaman?”  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff