Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { World of Trance } ------------- AU Trance RPs here
[TRANCE] Abandoned Spaceship (Malik and Magda) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Nio Love rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW: 10/22/15

DISTORTED WORLD OF TRANCE: Abandoned Spaceship

Prompt: It used to be a Federation ship, once upon a time. But it went dark years ago, vanished into the black depths of uncharted space. With no contact from the crew, the worst was assumed.

But now, on the edges of the galaxy, it's reappeared, with an SOS signal playing on repeat, in that tinny voice that pleads for help, over and over again.

We all know better than to believe it, of course. But still, it had important information aboard. And your team has been tasked to fetch it from the Abandoned Spaceship, whether you like it or not.

All players: You will need to navigate through the Abandoned Spaceship, but that may be more difficult than it first seems. Please follow the steps below.

- All players may notice something odd: they are in a space suit, with a helmet, a light. But you can't keep it on the whole time... It only has so much battery.

- If you DIE IN THE TRANCE you immediately are ejected from the Distorted Portal but suffer side effects of hallucinations for 24 hours where you continuously see everything in black and white. You also hear a voice calling to you about home...
- It is recommended that players go through the rooms at the same pace (ie: I am player 1, in room 1, I roll 3 times and wait for the others before ICly proceeding to room 2 together, though they can skip players that become inactive after 24 hours).

gaia_crown Step 1: Room 1

You step out of the airlock into the hallway, and it's as dark as you'd feared. Cables hang down from the ceiling like vines, sparking at the ends. A lone light flickers at the end of the path, revealing a sign that says CANTEEN.

It is deathly still.

- Roll 1d10. You must do this three times.
- If in ANY of your dice rolls you roll 1, you hear rustling behind you that gets louder and louder. You run, but trip over the wrecked floor, careening forward. A crack has formed in your helmet, air slowly filtering out, the chill of space filtering in. even if you manage to untangle yourself, the pressure shifts and your helmet obliterates entirely. The darkness filters in around you, until YOU ARE DEAD, and wake up from trance.
- For each time you roll even you lose 20% of your total HP. You feel wearier...
- If you pass, proceed to STEP 2.

gaia_crown STEP 2: Room 2

The canteen is even more of a wreck than the main room. An electronic buzzing sound is loud in your ears, emanating from what used to be some sort of food replicator, now knocked over and torn asunder. The room is long, but a sign that reads DECK can be seen at the far end of the room.

But you hear noises, now, the clicking of claws against metal grates. It echoes all around you.

- Roll 1d6. You must do this three times.
- For each time you roll even you lose 20% of your total HP. You feel wearier...
-If any of your dice rolls to a 1 an alien drops down on you from above, blind and inky black, its carapace impossible to penetrate. It winds its tail around you, segmented and tipped with something sharp. It slices through your suit and not-so-gently digs into your ribs, puncturing your lung. It opens its slavering jaws, and its tongue slithers out... but it's a second mouth, armed with teeth, prehensile and hungry. It tears through your suit, going for your throat. YOU ARE DEAD, and wake up from trance.
- If you manage to make it through, you are on Step 3.

gaia_crown Step 3: Building 3

You've finally made it to the deck, and it is filled with eggs that come up to your waist. They cover the floor, and the door, somehow, shuts behind you with a pneumatic hiss. The only other exit is across the field of alien-spawns-to-be.

You hope you make it out alive.

Roll 1d6. You need to do this four times.
- Whenever you roll even, one of the nearest eggs begins to shake, its sides slowly unpeeling like a blooming flower. Better hurry.
- If you roll three evens, an egg abruptly hatches, resulting in a strange, wriggling beige form that looks like some sort of spider launching out of it. It skitters towards you on countless legs, its tail lashing behind it. More eggs hatch after it, and soon you are surrounded. You try to beat them off, to run towards the one escape you have, but-- One of them manages to crack your helmet, slithering close, sliding its tail down your throat, filling you with poison and something more. In several hours, a new creature bursts from your chest-- You are DEAD, and wake up from trance.
- If you manage to pass through this phase you are at the end.

gaia_crown Step 4: THE END.
- You finally see it, the computer room, with all the databanks and logs you need to bring back to the federation.

- The files begin to transfer. 1%, 5%, 25%. An alarm begins to sound off, alerting every creature aboard that someone is here, in this room. You begin to sweat. 40%, 55%.

It's not worth it. Turning tail, abandoning the information, you run back towards the airlock, back to your ship-- but it's too late. A swarm of aliens appear, their black, bony bodies blocking your way. Slowly, they encroach, as if you're a deer that might bolt. And you would, if you had anywhere to go.

But they, like wolves, are hungry. And they will feed.

YOU ARE DEAD.

Halloween Raffle Bonus!

You may collect 3 Raffle Tickets for completing this Distortion World!

You may collect 2 Raffle Tickets for attempting. Both require at least 600 words.

Go HERE to claim!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:36 am
It started out innocently enough, as such things always do.

Magda couldn't help herself. There was a portal, a shiny and swirling vortex of color right in front of them, and there was no way she wasn't going to walk into it now that it was here. She should have asked Malik for his opinion, or even his permission (as he was being dragged along) but instead, she considered this an opportunity that did not deserve to be missed.

Swirling portals always meant something good, and never ever anything bad.

She was proved right when she entered and found herself in a giant metal tube - it looked like a hallway, but what mattered was that it wasn't where they were before, only where they were now. This was the joy of being somewhere different, and she reveled in the adventure.

Quote:
HP: 24/30

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:54 am
He hadn't expected the portal. He knew they did tend to pop up sometimes, but never expected to encounter one for himself. He hadn't really planned on going through the portal. It was usually best to avoid those things after all, they could be dangerous. Magda had had a different plan so it seemed. Now he was disoriented and stuck in a strange metal tunnel. Maybe a hallway? They definitely weren't anywhere near Amityville that was for sure. His new friend seemed excited to be there though, so maybe he could go along with it for now. There was no harm in it, right?

"W-where do you think we are, partner? And why in Jack are we wearing these strange outfits?" he whispered, looking over the strange attire. He could barely see Magda's face through her own helmet glass, and with what the battery life was saying they really didn't have much time left. "We should try to find our way out of here."

[164]

Quote:
HP: 30/30

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:36 pm
"I think we're in not-Amityville." She whispered with excitement at Malik, her eyes roaming to every strange feature around them. She almost reached out to touch a sparking wire, but when it let out tiny flickers of fire as she'd reached it, she jumped and let out a giggle at the shock it had given her.

"Another world, certainly. Real, though? Questionable! As all things should be. Come, there's a light ahead!" She pointed down at the end of the hallway, with a sign flickering on it. "I'm sure that means safety. Let's go find out where we are and what we can do while we're here." Her hand reached out and squeezed his, as if suddenly worried that he did not consider this the best idea ever. "Together!" She assured him, before heading forward.

Quote:
HP: 18/30

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:46 pm
"Well if you think this is a good idea then I will follow your lead. I am sure things will go well if we stick together. Maybe we can even help someone out," he nodded, trying to reassure himself. The wires sticking out seemed dangerous enough to avoid, but on top of that everything was so still. Where were all the creeple? With a place this big there were bound to have been at least a couple of people around. It was all silent though. Weird. Maybe they were all asleep. Or maybe even trying to fix the hanging wire problem. It seemed like a big issue, wherever they were. Whether this place really was real or not, it still freaked him out and made him incredibly nervous.

[128]

Quote:

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:01 pm
She stopped for a moment, and let his words sink in. "Do you like helping others, Malik?" She asked, her voice burdened with curiosity. "Would you say it's one of your defining features, or is it just a side effect of your other choices in life?"

She turned to head down the hall towards the sign, which said "Canteen" on it, and continued talking. "I don't think helpfulness is one of my greatest traits. It's important, but it doesn't bring joy. Does that mean I'm a bad person?"

Quote:

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm
It was an interesting question for a time like this and caught him off guard for a moment. He supposed he just really liked helping others. Whether it was a defining trait or not was debatable. He figured his defining trait was more how much of a coward he was than any other trait. But for Magda to believe she was a bad person. That he wouldn't allow.

"No, no. You are a great person and wonderful partner. Don't let anyone tell you differently, okay?" He wasn't sure if he was being reassuring or not, but he could hope so at least.

[102]

Quote:

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm
Magda looked thoroughly reassured.

"Thank you. I believe you! I just had to ask someone else, it's not the kind of question you should answer for yourself, or let any particular voices in your head answer, either. They're mischievous and sometimes lie, and this was important."

She grinned a toothy grin, and then ducked her head to enter the room through a doorway clearly meant for creatures smaller than her.

"What's all this?" She murmured with interest, though her face changed quickly when the buzzing sound began to vibrate in her sensitive ears, making her cover them with both hands. "That's terribly annoying and I hate hate hate it."

Quote:

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 am
Malik's smile was quickly interrupted by the strange clicking noises and disaster around them. He'd expected creeple or something to be around, but this. This was worse. He didn't like the disaster with no obvious cause or the scary noises. The clicking seemed to grow louder as the buzzing reached his ears, and he covered his as well before turning to Magda.

"What is this noise?? I don't like this one bit," he grumbled, taking more steps into the room. They had to figure out what was going on to get out somehow. It was the only way they would be safe and sound. He didn't want anything bad happening to either of them like what had happened to whoever was in this place. He'd rather run away than deal with anything else here.

[134]

Quote:

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:19 pm
Magda thrashed with discontent, moving quickly to try and find whatever it was making the sound. She bashed her hands against all of the technology around them, following the sound to it's source until her hands were on the food creature that was torn almost in half. Quickly, she reached for the cord attaching it to the wall and tore her claws through it, unplugging it so that the dying sounds of the machine finally ground down to a halt.

"That's better." She breathed out, holding the food replicator up to her face so she could inspect it. She had no idea what it had once been, but that was not her biggest concern.

"What could have damaged it like this?" She murmured, touching the ragged edges of the split. "It's like an animal."

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:13 pm
"I'm not really too sure, but I don't think I want to find out about it either. At least with the strange contraption off we have silence to think though. At least for the moment," he sighed, moving his hands away from the sides of his head. He moved over to where his partner was standing, poking at the machine she held in her hands. Whatever it was, something obviously wanted it. Maybe it had held valuable information in it at some point. Or a super top secret minipet. The possibilities were endless, but he didn't want to get too excited. There was something in this place that could rip metal to pieces. Who knew what else it could do.

[120]

Quote:

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm
But it wasn't really silent. Not really.

Magda left the food replicator in Malik's hands as she straightened up slowly, her head tilted upward as she caught the sound of claws clicking against the grates above them. Something was moving, up there. Her face paled with dismay.

"We should keep moving." She suggested, though her voice was quieted into hushed tones. "There, at the end. Let's-" The claws were clicking right above her head, and her voice faded into silence.

Quote:

OpticPeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 pm
"Come on, let's go no more waiting around," Malik said quickly, dropping the machine and grabbing Magda's hand instead. He would drag her out of there if he needed to. There was no way he was going to let anything bad happen to her if he could help it, even if it meant him not being a coward for once in his life. She was his friend and they were going to make it out of this strange situation together. He could hear the claws clicking, could only imagine what the horrors above them were. He wasn't waiting around for it.

Nio Love

Nio Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:44 pm
Magda was so very unprepared for not feeling adventurous anymore.

She began to run, stopping only when a door behind her hissed shut and locked them in a room together. It was a room filled with eggs that reached past her knees, and she knew without any indication that she did not want to be here when they hatched.

"Normally I love the idea of witnessing a new creature being born, but-" She accidentally bumped into one egg with the toe of her foot, and when she pulled back she watched it begin to unpeel itself. "Malik, I will admit something to you that I may never have admitted before." Her eyes flickered to meet his. "I'm scared."

Even counter: 1

opticpeach

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
OpticPeach rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:14 pm
"Hey, hey. Look at me. We're partners, yeah? We'll get out of this. As long as I'm here I'll make sure nothing bad happens, okay?" he tried to reassure her, taking a step forward and somehow managing to avoid hitting an egg open. They just needed to make it across and then they'd be free. They'd make it out. Even if he didn't make it out, he would make sure she got through this. No friend of his was going to get left behind. He was scared of what was going to happen, but he had to stay calm and attempt to think of a way out of all of it. That was the only way things were going to get better.

Even Counter: 0

Nio Love

{ World of Trance } ------------- AU Trance RPs here

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas