Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
How Should We Talk to Atheists? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:02 am
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

Have you ever been in a gospel-oriented conversation with an atheist, perhaps on Facebook or face to face? How about one who uses caustic, even vulgar language? How should you respond as a faithful witness for Christ? We’re tempted to join in a fight rather than seeing them as a soul that needs to be rescued.

Jesus promised, “If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you” (John 15:20). He further said, “Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets” (Luke 6:26). Paul, too, instructs godly Christians to expect persecution (2 Timothy 3:12). So we should not be surprised by hostile opposition to biblical truth and the gospel.

How we think about others will affect how we talk to them. No matter how aggressive they may be, atheists are descendants of Adam, made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27, 9:6). They are sinners, just as we were before we trusted in Christ as our Savior; and Jesus loves sinners and died for them (Romans 5:6– cool . Atheists, like all other non-Christians, are deceived by the devil, who has blinded their minds (Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4). Despite their protests to the contrary, atheists actually know of God, both from the witness of creation and from their conscience, but are suppressing that truth because of sin (Romans 1:18–20 and 2:14–16).

How then should we talk to an atheist? Conscious of the truths above, we should be respectful (1 Peter 3:15). Regardless of his or her hostility, we should respond with gentle words (Proverbs 15:1–2), seeking a peaceful discussion and not returning evil for evil (Romans 12:14, 12:17–21). Our job is not to kill but throw a life preserver.

Now Elijah mocked the Israelite prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:17–40), and Jesus called the Jewish Pharisees “whitewashed tombs” and a “brood of vipers” (Matthew 23:1–33). But they were confronting apostate religious leaders who had repeatedly refused to respond to the truth. Further, Jesus knew the Pharisees’ hearts, and Elijah was executing judgment on the false prophets, not offering them hope.

Paul instructed Timothy not to be quarrelsome but to be patient, gentle, and humble (2 Timothy 2:23–26). Nonetheless, he also told him to “rebuke” when necessary “with all longsuffering and teaching” (2 Timothy 4:1–5). So, even when we have to boldly point out a scoffer’s repeated refusal to hear God’s Word, we should do this with humble, patient teaching, not caustic personal attacks.

Finally, how should we talk about an atheist? We must watch over our hearts, for out of it our mouths speak (Matthew 12:34–37). Be brutally honest with yourself, and if your words are prideful or hateful, leave them unsaid. Remember that except for God’s grace in your life, you could very well be an atheist yourself.

May God help us be humble, loving, bold, winsome, and confident defenders of the Christian faith as we seek to lead atheists (or anyone else) to the Savior.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:53 pm
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

Have you ever been in a gospel-oriented conversation with an atheist, perhaps on Facebook or face to face? How about one who uses caustic, even vulgar language? How should you respond as a faithful witness for Christ? We’re tempted to join in a fight rather than seeing them as a soul that needs to be rescued.

Jesus promised, “If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you” (John 15:20). He further said, “Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so did their fathers to the false prophets” (Luke 6:26). Paul, too, instructs godly Christians to expect persecution (2 Timothy 3:12). So we should not be surprised by hostile opposition to biblical truth and the gospel.

How we think about others will affect how we talk to them. No matter how aggressive they may be, atheists are descendants of Adam, made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27, 9:6). They are sinners, just as we were before we trusted in Christ as our Savior; and Jesus loves sinners and died for them (Romans 5:6– cool . Atheists, like all other non-Christians, are deceived by the devil, who has blinded their minds (Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4). Despite their protests to the contrary, atheists actually know of God, both from the witness of creation and from their conscience, but are suppressing that truth because of sin (Romans 1:18–20 and 2:14–16).

How then should we talk to an atheist? Conscious of the truths above, we should be respectful (1 Peter 3:15). Regardless of his or her hostility, we should respond with gentle words (Proverbs 15:1–2), seeking a peaceful discussion and not returning evil for evil (Romans 12:14, 12:17–21). Our job is not to kill but throw a life preserver.

Now Elijah mocked the Israelite prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18:17–40), and Jesus called the Jewish Pharisees “whitewashed tombs” and a “brood of vipers” (Matthew 23:1–33). But they were confronting apostate religious leaders who had repeatedly refused to respond to the truth. Further, Jesus knew the Pharisees’ hearts, and Elijah was executing judgment on the false prophets, not offering them hope.

Paul instructed Timothy not to be quarrelsome but to be patient, gentle, and humble (2 Timothy 2:23–26). Nonetheless, he also told him to “rebuke” when necessary “with all longsuffering and teaching” (2 Timothy 4:1–5). So, even when we have to boldly point out a scoffer’s repeated refusal to hear God’s Word, we should do this with humble, patient teaching, not caustic personal attacks.

Finally, how should we talk about an atheist? We must watch over our hearts, for out of it our mouths speak (Matthew 12:34–37). Be brutally honest with yourself, and if your words are prideful or hateful, leave them unsaid. Remember that except for God’s grace in your life, you could very well be an atheist yourself.

May God help us be humble, loving, bold, winsome, and confident defenders of the Christian faith as we seek to lead atheists (or anyone else) to the Savior.

Hi, bible guild's resident non-christian here.
Woo, caustic. One of my favorite types of weapons in a shooter game where the only point is humor in violence.

Am I corrupt or something? Blinded by Satan?
Are demons metaphorical or real?

& As a fan of Dante's Inferno {great game, really, all biblical and stuff with violence and blood and punishment of sinners} is that what you believe hell to be?
Babies literally fall from a sinner's nipples, which is weird.
Regardless, I'm off track now-
Do I need to be saved if I accept God's existence, but refuse to worship him because I don't like his personality?  

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Astral Veteran 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:25 am
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

Woo, caustic. One of my favorite types of weapons in a shooter game where the only point is humor in violence.

& As a fan of Dante's Inferno {great game, really, all biblical and stuff with violence and blood and punishment of sinners} is that what you believe hell to be?
Do I need to be saved if I accept God's existence, but refuse to worship him because I don't like his personality?

Romans 3:9-18
What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
“Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know.”
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

2 Corinthians 4:4
The god* of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

*Satan

Resource that could be helpful for you;
The World, the Flesh, and the Devil

Being saved includes being humble. God resists the proud. You can't love Jesus and hate God. It is a package deal. If you really love Jesus, you will do what He says and it would then follow that you worship God since that is what He says we should do. You don't just accept God's existence. You have to believe that Jesus died for your sins to reconcile you to God. That He rose from the dead. The Bible says that even the demons believe God exists, and shudder. Believing He exists does nothing. You have to believe the Gospel.
Here is the gospel in a nutshell;

1 Corinthians 15:1–4
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.

Any other approach to God than Jesus is an approach doomed to fail.

John 10:9
I* am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture.

*Jesus speaking.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:32 am
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

I personally don't find that the author of this article was caustic in his writing.
Christians do affirm Satan's existence as well as the existence of demons. They are not powerless in this world and can influence people whether they realize it or not. Non-believers and believers alike are affected by them, no one is immune to the attacks of the devil since the beginning of the world.
I don't know what the game 'Dante's Inferno' entails.
As part of creation, I don't think that we have the right to questions God's actions or 'personality'. As Isaiah wrote:
Quote:
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
and again,
Quote:
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Lady Vizsla

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:32 pm
Mercurite

Welcome to the guild ^.^

I talk to my Atheist friends as I would my Christian friends.

Unfortunately, I use "vulgar" language. I know, it's a bad habit... One that has gotten a wee bit better with time, but I still have work to do.

Quote:

Are you?

I have been sinful, and I still sin. I am, however, always striving to do and be better.

Quote:

In my personal opinion, I think they are real.

What do you believe?

Quote:
As a fan of Dante's Inferno {great game, really, all biblical and stuff with violence and blood and punishment of sinners} is that what you believe hell to be?

I'm not familiar with that game. sweatdrop

Quote:

It's a choice, one that only you can make. Do you want to be saved?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:43 am
neuroseas
Mercurite

Welcome to the guild ^.^

I talk to my Atheist friends as I would my Christian friends.

Unfortunately, I use "vulgar" language. I know, it's a bad habit... One that has gotten a wee bit better with time, but I still have work to do.

Quote:

Are you?

I have been sinful, and I still sin. I am, however, always striving to do and be better.

Quote:

In my personal opinion, I think they are real.

What do you believe?

Quote:
As a fan of Dante's Inferno {great game, really, all biblical and stuff with violence and blood and punishment of sinners} is that what you believe hell to be?

I'm not familiar with that game. sweatdrop

Quote:

Dante's inferno is based off the poem, Dante's inferno, in which Dante travels the seven circles of hell to save his lover because he broke a vow and Satan dragged her to hell after he made a bet with the lover that Dante would stay true. Depending on Dante's choices, he can have salvation at the end, or he can get closer to Satan and become demonic. It's whether you choose to punish or save the lost souls that don't deserve hell.

I don't figure that I care for satan too much. i don't mind if he exists, because i don't feel as if he's interfering with my life in any way. I feel as if it's the same way with God. We're walking the same crossroad, all three of us, but we're not paying attention to each other.
We're just minding our own business.

I, personally, think vulgar language is fine in moderation. I will let a bad word slip when I run into something, it generally makes me feel better.  

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:50 am
Lady Kariel
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

I personally don't find that the author of this article was caustic in his writing.
Christians do affirm Satan's existence as well as the existence of demons. They are not powerless in this world and can influence people whether they realize it or not. Non-believers and believers alike are affected by them, no one is immune to the attacks of the devil since the beginning of the world.
As part of creation, I don't think that we have the right to questions God's actions or 'personality'. As Isaiah wrote:
Quote:
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
and again,
Quote:
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Dante's inferno is based off the poem, Dante's inferno, in which Dante travels the seven circles of hell to save his lover because he broke a vow and Satan dragged her to hell after he made a bet with the lover that Dante would stay true. Depending on Dante's choices, he can have salvation at the end, or he can get closer to Satan and become demonic. It's whether you choose to punish or save the lost souls that don't deserve hell.
Plenty people hated it because the fact there were unbaptized malformed babies as enemies, but that's the cruel part of Christianity.

& mostly, I just can't accept that there's an invisible thing everywhere watching over us. It creeps me out.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:11 am
Mercurite

Ya know, I think I have heard of it before. I remember a class in high school having to read the poem. It might be worth a read sometime.

Quote:
I don't figure that I care for satan too much. i don't mind if he exists, because i don't feel as if he's interfering with my life in any way. I feel as if it's the same way with God. We're walking the same crossroad, all three of us, but we're not paying attention to each other.

I can understand that. I think I felt similar long before I became Atheist. I'm Christian, now. But it was a long journey to get to this point.

How do you feel in regard to your spiritual well-being?

Quote:
I, personally, think vulgar language is fine in moderation. I will let a bad word slip when I run into something, it generally makes me feel better.

Heh, yeah... Well, I probably use it a little more than that. Online, I can moderate myself a little bit better. In person, I probably could have been confused with a sailor at one point. whee  

olisea

Muse

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:24 am
neuroseas
Mercurite

Ya know, I think I have heard of it before. I remember a class in high school having to read the poem. It might be worth a read sometime.

Quote:

I can understand that. I think I felt similar long before I became Atheist. I'm Christian, now. But it was a long journey to get to this point.

How do you feel in regard to your spiritual well-being?

Quote:

Heh, yeah... Well, I probably use it a little more than that. Online, I can moderate myself a little bit better. In person, I probably could have been confused with a sailor at one point. whee

The game, I find, translates better than the poem itself. I believe Dante was guided by the poet Vergil.

& AS for spirituality, I believe there are several hundred gods for several hundred things, but they only appear to you if you open yourself up to them. It's kind of like a multi-dimensional thing, as we don't exist on the same plane as them, but each god has their own plane and Christianity has the biggest, in my opinion.

I believe that Wicca got most of their things right, basically; all gods do exist, so we should all do our best not to disrespect them, lest they be wrathful.
I do believe in God, I just don't worship him, just like I believe in the devil, and where I agree with Laveyan Devil worship and all of their requirements {I made a joke out of it, admittedly, because I found this hilarious;}
"If someone does something that annoys or gets in your way, ask them to politely stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
It goes 1-300 in a matter of seconds.
But where I agree with the Laveyan way, I do not see the point in worshipping the devil or following his rules, or God's rules. I follow the set of rules given to me by my boss, my mother, and my teacher, because I feel that any more would be an overload. I do like Wicca, as well. Their rules are quite strict, but they expressly say no harm.

I find that I don't indulge in any sin more than I feel necessary, for example, I may have an extra slice of cake, I may take more than one candy, I may feel the need to grab the headphones out of my sister's room...
I just do what I'm required and live peacefully in return.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:01 pm
Quote:
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

Quote:
and again,
Quote:

Plenty people hated it because the fact there were unbaptized malformed babies as enemies, but that's the cruel part of Christianity.

& mostly, I just can't accept that there's an invisible thing everywhere watching over us. It creeps me out.

I know of the story behind it, not the game. But Dante's inferno is not a universal Christian conception of divine punishment. None of the poem makes any biblical sense to me except for Satan being real. It has some Catholic aspects like purgatory which I do not believe in. Nor do I believe in infant baptism or babies being thrown into hell.....
I'd ask you to consider God as a logical basis for existence rather than how you feel. It sounds harsh, but in the end how we feel doesn't matter, all that matters is truth.  

Lady Vizsla

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:16 pm
Mercurite

The game, I find, translates better than the poem itself. I believe Dante was guided by the poet Vergil.

& AS for spirituality, I believe there are several hundred gods for several hundred things, but they only appear to you if you open yourself up to them. It's kind of like a multi-dimensional thing, as we don't exist on the same plane as them, but each god has their own plane and Christianity has the biggest, in my opinion.

I believe that Wicca got most of their things right, basically; all gods do exist, so we should all do our best not to disrespect them, lest they be wrathful.
I do believe in God, I just don't worship him, just like I believe in the devil, and where I agree with Laveyan Devil worship and all of their requirements {I made a joke out of it, admittedly, because I found this hilarious;}
"If someone does something that annoys or gets in your way, ask them to politely stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
But where I agree with the Laveyan way, I do not see the point in worshipping the devil or following his rules, or God's rules. I follow the set of rules given to me by my boss, my mother, and my teacher, because I feel that any more would be an overload. I do like Wicca, as well. Their rules are quite strict, but they expressly say no harm.

I find that I don't indulge in any sin more than I feel necessary, for example, I may have an extra slice of cake, I may take more than one candy, I may feel the need to grab the headphones out of my sister's room...

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

The main premise LaVeyanism is self-worship. Self-worship and relying on your own perception is, in my opinion, the easiest way to stunt your spiritual growth. It's impossible to grow spiritually if one is unwilling to grow beyond the desires of the "flesh". There are also many self-designations featured Wicca. In the Bible, you might often see this described as having a "rebellious spirit". A rebellious spirit makes God grieve, as it severs the person from directly having a spiritual relationship with Him.

And I guess... After years of being an Atheist and having a "rebellious spirit", these are realizations I have come to. I shouldn't rely on my own perceptions and assumptions in guiding me towards living a spiritual life. Becoming Christian didn't immediately give me (or my "flesh" rather), a sense of "peace". According to God, this world (which belongs to Satan) does not have that luxury to offer for those who place their heart with God.. True peace will come when we are reunited with our Creator. Which always lead me back to one of my favorite scriptures...

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."

And be allowing our minds to be transformed and renewed, or "born again", we can finally have eternal "rest".

Jesus promised: Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I hope I made sense. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:27 pm
Lady Kariel
Quote:
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
Mercurite
Lady Kariel
by Dr. Terry Mortenson

Quote:
and again,
Quote:

I know of the story behind it, not the game. But Dante's inferno is not a universal Christian conception of divine punishment. None of the poem makes any biblical sense to me except for Satan being real. It has some Catholic aspects like purgatory which I do not believe in. Nor do I believe in infant baptism or babies being thrown into hell.....
I'd ask you to consider God as a logical basis for existence rather than how you feel. It sounds harsh, but in the end how we feel doesn't matter, all that matters is truth.
One of my bigger points is..
What if Christianity isn't a truth?
I don't mean to pick a fight, but, generally, anyone could be wrong. For all I know, I can be wrong about God.
Or perhaps, maybe he doesn't exist, or we think he's something or not. Another one of my problems is that, logically, his existence is not possible.
It just doesn't add up.
Winged creatures, twisted ones with horns and a big ball of mist that we call God?
It sounds like something from one of the fantasy stories I write.

All Christianity has is faith, and even if this may be brutal, it is the truth. It is basically what Christianity is.

My mother dated a man for a year and then married him; he treated us well and everyone loved him, but after, he changed and became extremely physically abusive to the point of me ending up in the hospital for a month. I get that having faith in another human being is different than having faith in a thing that sounds like a magical creature, but {I don't know what I can express God as other than a he, so I'm afraid thing will have to do} from what a Christian told me, it's not so different as loving your own father.

we had faith in a man and he completely ruined our family; he was a man that I called father, and if God were also to be my father, then wouldn't it also be possible for him to let me down as well?  

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:30 pm
neuroseas
Mercurite

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

The main premise LaVeyanism is self-worship. Self-worship and relying on your own perception is, in my opinion, the easiest way to stunt your spiritual growth. It's impossible to grow spiritually if one is unwilling to grow beyond the desires of the "flesh". There are also many self-designations featured Wicca. In the Bible, you might often see this described as having a "rebellious spirit". A rebellious spirit makes God grieve, as it severs the person from directly having a spiritual relationship with Him.

And I guess... After years of being an Atheist and having a "rebellious spirit", these are realizations I have come to. I shouldn't rely on my own perceptions and assumptions in guiding me towards living a spiritual life. Becoming Christian didn't immediately give me (or my "flesh" rather), a sense of "peace". According to God, this world (which belongs to Satan) does not have that luxury to offer for those who place their heart with God.. True peace will come when we are reunited with our Creator. Which always lead me back to one of my favorite scriptures...

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."

And be allowing our minds to be transformed and renewed, or "born again", we can finally have eternal "rest".

Jesus promised: Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I hope I made sense. sweatdrop

You do make sense, it's just the bible verses that drive me crazy while i try to understand them. xD
I can't understand bible verses, so I mostly skip over them; I ask, in a lot of long conversations, that people don't use them; mostly because I can't understand what they're saying.
When I look at yoke, all that comes up is egg yolk.
I do not see the appeal of slathering egg yolk all over myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:21 pm
Mercurite

You do make sense, it's just the bible verses that drive me crazy while i try to understand them. xD
I can't understand bible verses, so I mostly skip over them; I ask, in a lot of long conversations, that people don't use them; mostly because I can't understand what they're saying.
When I look at yoke, all that comes up is egg yolk.
I do not see the appeal of slathering egg yolk all over myself.

I understand xd I used to feel the same way and was intimidated/reluctant towards reading the Bible. There are several metaphors and sometimes it's easy to get hung up on them. Luckily, my Bible version has several blurbs or definitions that give context.

Although, I do know some people enjoy other versions of the Bible because they don't want to be influenced by outside sources to understand the meaning... Instead, they meditate in spiritual prayer to understand what they have read.

I actually had to look this up, as I also thought yoke meant, "egg yolk". Welp! Learned something new. In Matt 11:28-30, "yoke" refers to a wooden cross piece that binds two draft animals to work together

Picture example in the spoiler:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Which, if you read it in the entire context of the scripture, makes much more sense.
Quote:

So, from my understanding of the scripture... If you are "harnessed" with God, and allow him to guide you, he won't lead you astray. And as you can see the by the picture, there are two animals who pull a "burden". meaning you will never be left alone in your struggle, as He will be laboring beside you. You will find ultimate rest in eternity.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to add them! I am still very new to Christianity and my understanding of scripture.

Anyway, I apologize. I know you said you didn't like it when people started bringing up scripture. Sometimes it's better to speak in simple terms. As a Christian, I think there is a struggle. For myself, I know I personally don't want to distort God's truth with my own interjections... Which is why it is sometimes easier to write scripture. A lot can get lost in translation.

Edit: Annnnd, off-topic, but I like your avatar!  

olisea

Muse

Vale Dragon

Firebreathing Wyvern

14,150 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:19 pm
Thank you! It's based off of Egyptian gods, and their colors. They were really into black and gold back then.
It's okay, you were only trying to translate xD
And, as burdened as I am, I was raised into Christianity.
I lost faith when I was ten years old because of the actions of my last stepfather, who abused me physically for two years because I wouldn't let him hurt my mother or younger sister. There was never any justice dealt against him for what he did to me or my family.
I ended up in a hospital.
I also ended up in a foster home because I threatened to kill him in his sleep. He didn't give the reason why, but he set me up to look like a psycho to the police and said that I was a danger to him.
The whole story of what I said was, "If youurt my little sister or mother ever again, I will kill you in your sleep." I was ten back then, so I knew a little about death and how people could die, but I was more concerned for my family than for my own safety.
Generally, my life has never and will never be easy. There has always been a burden on my shoulders, even when there shouhldn't have been.

I did pray to God once, every day, but nothing saved me even though I persevered through the entire thing. It was half-a-year into the assaults that I stopped praying.
Between personal reasons and others, the reason why I cannot like God as a being is because of what my family and I suffered, since nobody should have to suffer like that. I'd rather starve then watch my two year-old sister get hit by that jerk. He was immensely neglectful, even letting her go without a meal for a day.
My mother did nothing to stop him, either. She stayed with him 'for the good of her children,' although he brung them nothing but harm.
There are a lot of people I can't forgive for what happened when I was a child. You can sort of say it will be an everlasting grudge.  
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff