• Market Browser 100

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:26 pm
Not having such a great night so far. Gaia doesn't seem to be working right today, for some reason. First of all, some people's avatars aren't showing up. And just a few minutes ago, I had to do one of those damned Captcha things, and It wouldn't show up, so I had to switch to audio, and replay the puzzle like 15 times to get all the letters right. Maybe my flash player needs to be updated, AGAIN, cause that's the only thing I know of that would cause this. stare

Add to that the light blew out in my room, so I'm currently using a headlamp to see the keyboard. Plus, I can usually see the fireworks from my house, but for some reason the blasted railroad at the end of the street decided tp park a TRAIN in my way, so I've got to go all the way down there and try to climb past it, rather than sitting in a lwan chair on my front lawn and watching the fireworks from home. mad

All in all, its been a rather rotten day/night for me. Hopefully, 2017 will be better. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 pm
Priestess_Kelina
Not having such a great night so far. Gaia doesn't seem to be working right today, for some reason. First of all, some people's avatars aren't showing up. And just a few minutes ago, I had to do one of those damned Captcha things, and It wouldn't show up, so I had to switch to audio, and replay the puzzle like 15 times to get all the letters right. Maybe my flash player needs to be updated, AGAIN, cause that's the only thing I know of that would cause this. stare

Add to that the light blew out in my room, so I'm currently using a headlamp to see the keyboard. Plus, I can usually see the fireworks from my house, but for some reason the blasted railroad at the end of the street decided tp park a TRAIN in my way, so I've got to go all the way down there and try to climb past it, rather than sitting in a lwan chair on my front lawn and watching the fireworks from home. mad

All in all, its been a rather rotten day/night for me. Hopefully, 2017 will be better. neutral

Aww, sorry things have gone so wrong at the very end of the year!
But here's to, hopefully, a good start after all that!

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 am
Happy new year! I thought perhaps I'd try something different with my avi, so now she's a ballerina! On to more brainstorming character and story ideas! I hear fireworks outside while I'm playing "Sailor Moon Drops" to pass the time. In case you missed it, here are the free new year's items for 2017.... ^_^* Human item Paws item  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:31 am
Happy New Year!! biggrin  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

Emperor Angelo XXV

Dangerous Giver

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:52 am
Happy New Year! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:23 am

Happy 2017!

Neoma Anethara

Adorable Cat

6,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friendly 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 pm
Priestess_Kelina

Aw,I'm sorry it was a terrible night for you.:<

I hope 2017 will indeed be better for you.:3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:31 pm
Princess Zelda21
Happy new year! I thought perhaps I'd try something different with my avi, so now she's a ballerina! On to more brainstorming character and story ideas! I hear fireworks outside while I'm playing "Sailor Moon Drops" to pass the time. In case you missed it, here are the free new year's items for 2017.... ^_^* Human item Paws item

Your avi looks very lovely.:3

Thank you! x3  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:33 pm
Yuki_Windira
Princess Zelda21

Thank you! x3

Aww, thank you Yuki-chan! Thought I'd post the item grant links in case anyone missed them. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:42 pm
Princess Zelda21
Yuki_Windira
Princess Zelda21

Thank you! x3

Aww, thank you Yuki-chan! Thought I'd post the item grant links in case anyone missed them. ^_^*

You are very welcome.x3

That was very kind of you,thank you.x3  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:45 pm
Yuki_Windira
Princess Zelda21
Yuki_Windira
Princess Zelda21

Thank you! x3

You are very welcome.x3

That was very kind of you,thank you.x3

You're welcome! I try and post the free item grants in a different guild in one thread so it's all updated and everything. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:48 pm
Thanks everyone. Gaia's still not displaying some avatars, but Adobe says I still have the latest version of Flash Player, so I don't know whats up with that. Fortunately, those captcha's only appear after a certain number of posts, so I shouldn't have to deal with them again for a while. Oh, and I went and got another light bulb for my room, so no more headlamp. So now, except for the fact that I'm broke, having spent the lat of my Christmas money on light bulbs, I'm doing much better this time around than I was last night.

All I can think of is that the problem must be on Gaia's end, since I just updated my flash player like.. a week or two ago, so it shouldn't be outdated already. I sure hope they fix it before I have to struggle to hear those audio Cpatcha's again, because my speakers suck. xd  

Priestess_Kelina

Hilarious Gaian

1,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm
Priestess_Kelina
Thanks everyone. Gaia's still not displaying some avatars, but Adobe says I still have the latest version of Flash Player, so I don't know whats up with that. Fortunately, those captcha's only appear after a certain number of posts, so I shouldn't have to deal with them again for a while. Oh, and I went and got another light bulb for my room, so no more headlamp. So now, except for the fact that I'm broke, having spent the lat of my Christmas money on light bulbs, I'm doing much better this time around than I was last night.

All I can think of is that the problem must be on Gaia's end, since I just updated my flash player like.. a week or two ago, so it shouldn't be outdated already. I sure hope they fix it before I have to struggle to hear those audio Cpatcha's again, because my speakers suck. xd

Glad it's going better now!
Flash pushes updates pretty regularly, actually, once every couple weeks or so usually.
It's SUPPOSED to be going the way of the dodo, much like Java (and for similar reasons, to boot), with HTML5 being the next big thing, but I digress.
For avatars, if you're relatively certain it's a flash-based issue, try going into your account settings and turning off animated items (this option is on the right hand side, select 'no' for the "Show Animated Items" entry); you won't get to see all the pretty sparkly shiny astra animations people wear, but it might be a quick fix that sets everything straight.
If that doesn't do the trick (or if you already have them turned off), could be that it's a caching problem, so you might try manually purging your cookies and cache.
And if THAT doesn't work, if you're using any add-ons, they could, possibly, be the culprit; you'd have to set about manually disabling them to figure that out.
And then I'm out of ideas if it's still wonk because everything's working as it should for me, which means it's not actually a Gaia-wide problem. ;w; But hopefully one of those will do the trick for you!

Randomness is a Virtue!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff