Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ash fidgeted on the tree branch she had chosen to rest in for the evening, wings pressed tightly against her sides. As much as she found the multi-eyed vixen's company intoxicating, Ash was glad Karistal couldn't see her at that moment. What could she say if the other discovered her forlorn state? What couldn't she say? Lying wasn't an option; Karistal usually saw through her.

The two had spent most of their time lately together, whether intentionally or not. Something about Karistal felt right — as if Ash's place was beside her. At first, Ash had chalked it up to simply enjoying the vixens company. She had lived a mediocre life so far, and friendships were something she hadn't partaken in often, so perhaps she had just been excited to have a friend. Except, it didn't stop there, and eventually that budding feeling in her chest blossomed, evident as the months passed and a blush developed on her cheeks when their eyes met.

Ash wasn't new to love. Friendships, sure, but love? She understood it; she had felt it before. Felt it for a boy who eventually ended up leaving her, or was it her who left him? She couldn't exactly remember; it had been so long ago, and something she hadn't thought about as much lately. However, she still remembered that giddy feeling, and it resonated when Karistal was around.

This was it, she was doomed. She was in-love with Karistal, and she had no idea how to tell the vixen.

Ash didn't do confessions. Foxes had confessed to her, and her previous love had been the one to spring the question. This? This was new, and Ash wasn't even sure she wanted to confess. Karistal hadn't shown any obvious signs of returning her affection, and the thought of ruining their friendship was suffocating. Maybe... maybe it was best to just keep this feeling to herself? Then, there was no chance Karistal would get upset and leave. Their friendship would 100% stay intact. That was doable, right?

But — oh, the thought of snuggling into the mutated fox and sleeping against her at night left her heart fluttering! Ash let out a loud whine, shoving her muzzle under a paw. This was the absolute worst!

Reoakee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Karistal was taking a brief walk, she really wasn’t too certain about the situation currently. It seemed her sister was going to come and join the tribe. Nal was sweet but very niave. Karistal wasn’t worried about others teasing her at all but the reason why Nal was coming in was odd to her. The fox Haven, who Karistal had known since she was a BCR of all things, was now mated to her little sister. Karistal was happy her sister had found someone and more over that it was someone who Karistal knew was a decent fox, but a part of Karistal was torn. She was feeling out of place that her sister had found a mate before her and there was a protective side of her that thought if anyone hurt her little sister she was going to let loose a temper this tribe had never seen before.

Passing under a number of trees the ear on her ear caught sight of a color she knew. Stoping she called out to the shaman without turning her head. “Shaman Ash. I would speak with you if you have the time.” Of course she found herself more relaxed even thinking of speaking with Ash. Ever since that vision she found she was a bit nervous about the other female but at the same time it was a good kind of nervous. The shaman was well grounded and level headed so of course talking it out with her would help. “I have a small mater I would like to speak on.” The bones in her tail grated slightly as it wagged slowly. Speaking with Ash was always a pleasant experience. She still could not figure out many things but was taking joy in the little things as they could. It was advice she had gotten from her father the last time she visited. She turned her head finally to see if Ash was coming down or not. She knew many others were a bit put off by her ability to watch them without facing them. Ash wasn’t like that but still Karistal turned her head out of curtsey for Ash’s rank, and more then that the phim’s general presence was a welcome one to her.

WC; 374  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 pm
Ash heard the movement before she saw the fox, an ear flicking in their general direction. It wasn't until the familiar voice called out that her head raised, her tail flicking once. Speak of the devil. While she had been previously glad that Karistal hadn't been around, she had failed to realize that she was much happier the second the sweet vixen was in her presence.

"Of course." Slinking off the branch, she used her wings to glide gently down, padding up to the smaller vixen. "What bothers you, Karistal?" While she was willing to help anyone within her tribe, the fact it was Karistal who needed her help absolutely had her full attention. Her wings folded neatly against her back, head jerking to slide her necklace back into place.

Reoakee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:56 pm
Karistal loved to watch the arrival of the phim. There was just something so elegant about her in Karistal’s mind. She took a breath to gather her thoughts. “It’s about a new tribe member coming to join us. I’m certain you have heard that Haven found a mate?” Karistal blinked very slowly and focused intently on Ash distracting herself just a bit. “She is my sister Nalanna.” Karistal felt the need to move and walk a bit while discussing this so she gestured to the other to follow her and began to walk with no real direction in mind. “I have known Haven and her parents since the tribe’s formation and when I found Haven had met Nal I was glad my sister had a friend.” She was stumbling over her thoughts and she knew it. Shaking her head she tried again. “I am glad my sister found someone and I know Haven to be a sweet fox but …” How to articulate her issue. “She is my little sister and I can’t help but feel protective.” She looked to Ash pleadingly for the phim to know how she felt and give her advice on the mater. Despite her own family’s interesting set up Karistal did not feel experienced enough for this.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm
Ash nodded faintly as she trailed delicately behind Karistal, feet barely making a sound as they meandered. Haven... yes, right, that sweet but peculiar vixen. Ash had felt good energy coming from the strange fox. Yes, she had heard Haven found a mate! How joyous! The reminder caused her wings to slightly fluff in celebration, a small smile on her lips. Love was always something to welcome, especially in a tribe! It potentially meant adding more to the family, whether that be in the form of a new tribe mate or even children.

What she hadn't expected was that Haven had chosen Karistal's sister as their mate. Ash's head leaned back slightly to gaze at Karistal. She hadn't met this sister — Nalanna — yet, and she vaguely found herself wondering what they shared in common. Did Nalanna have multiple eyes, too? Was she soft spoken and gentle? Or perhaps was she rowdier? Of course, Ash had always been curious about Karistal's family, but the moment to really ask where Karistal came from hadn't presented itself.

Right now, though, that wasn't something she needed to focus on. Karistal needed help; her help. Her tail flicked behind her lazily as Karistal vented, nodding thoughtfully.

"I see," She hummed softly, glancing down at the vixen who now stared up at her. Cute. "You're close, I assume? I can see why you'd feel protective, especially if you're a tight knit family."

Family. That word triggered a pang in her chest, however she immediately buried that feeling. This wasn't about her story; no, it was about Karistal's. "You've met Haven before, and admit she's sweet, however that doesn't quell your fretting. This is someone entering your family, and not only that but promising also to protect and cherish your sister from now until forever. That's a big promise in itself. Nalanna has found her forever person, but that can be scary to watch from the outside."

She nodded to herself, a thoughtful expression touching her features. Finally, after a few moments of quiet pondering, Ash looked back down at Karistal. "Perhaps the only way you'll truly feel settled is if you take the time to spend a moment to understand Haven without Nalanna around. You only really know the perception Nalanna has of her, and a past memory when you were younger. It's time to get to know this fox, especially if she is to be a greater part of your life. Get to know what makes her who she is, and perhaps what it is Nalanna loves so dearly. A weekend together working on a project might bring you at ease if you two can come to a mutual understanding."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:57 pm
Karistal listened to all of Ash’s comments before making her own after all Ash gave insightful and good advice. “Yes I suppose my family is rather close.” She felt the need to explain a bit more of her family. “My sister and I, we are both unusual in different ways. She is .. innocent in a lot of ways and has a tentacle she does not have the bony tail or eyes as I do. Still she is just as strange to some as I am. For a long time she did not speak to anyone but family and even then much of the time it was small mewling. Of course we understood her but..” Karistal stopped her walk. “ I found a home in Eiru and I know my sister will as well, but I worry for her.” Karistal couldn’t help it, she had always looked after Nal. The choice to leave home and join a tribe was the first large decision she had ever made that didn’t involve Nal and it was because Nalanna said she would be alright as long as Karistal came to visit. “I suppose you are right. Getting to know Haven more since she has grown would perhaps ease the protectiveness I feel for Nalanna a small amount. I know she was as protective of our third father when he started dating as I am now.” She chuckled a bit thinking back to how silly it seemed since Charis was a full grown male phim and he had his daughter mewling at him to keep his head in place and make sure it was love before committing.

She took a look at the phim and gave her a soft smile. “I think I have a lot to consider. I don’t think it is easy to consider.” She knew her feelings wouldn’t be so easily sorted but she had a start to work on with the Shaman’s advice. “Have you any words of wisdom on this matter?” She had all her eyes focused on Ash lingering on every word. There was a soothing quality of Ash’s voice. The vision of the past where she had heard the phim’s musical laugh and felt the impression of warmth flashed through her mind and she placed it aside. Now was the time to be distracted by that thought process again. She had run that vision and thoughts into the ground a million times and had come to her own conclusions a number of times on the matter. She knew Ash would be happy in the future and while she was sad at the thought she might not be as close to the phim as she was now, Karistal was happy thinking she might be able to remember and focus on small conversations like this one to hold close.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm
A tentacle? Ash tilted her head thoughtfully, humming softly at the comment. Interesting! Did it need to stay damp? Was it able to move independently? Now was not the time to ask, but she made a note to someday bring up the curious thoughts. Ash slid up beside Karistal when they stopped walking, loosely wrapping her tail around the fox without touching her. She wouldn't dare intrude on Karistal's space without asking, but the gesture was meant to be reassuring. When Karistal looked up Ash found a smile touching her features, readjusting her wings neatly against her back.

"I believe it takes time. You'll know what is right when you've spent more time with Haven. Perhaps," She paused, lifting her gaze to eye the canopy. "I could prepare a nice dinner tomorrow for you two? I won't intrude, but I'd be happy to help."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:14 pm
wc 169

Karistal noticed the tail about hers right away and felt support from the shaman, but a bit of distance too. Relaxing her tail it dropped enough to touch the phim’s tail. It was warm and comfortable with her own. “I suppose you are right.” The shaman typically was after all. “I think a dinner would be pleasant.” She considered the full weight of the offer. “I do not believe your presence will be an intrusion. It might be a good idea to have a detached party on the matter. I should warn you my sister can be shy at first.” She knew Nal would get over it quickly though as Kari had explained to Nal in the past that there was an attachment to the shaman for Kari. She didn’t really explain everything to her sister but that could come in time. Kari hoped the conversation for Nal had more than just Mewing. That was one small concern given her sister’s shyness, though Haven wasn’t much better she supposed.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 pm
She didn't outwardly show her reaction to the tail touch, but her stomach flipped against the gentle brush. Touching was okay? She'd make a note of that. Gently shrugging, Ash laughed under her breath, head shaking.

"Shy is quite fine by me," She hummed. Carefully, she shifted so her tail laid closer to Karistal's as she pondered further.

"Christmas is coming. Do you have any plans?" It was a random question, but for a moment Ash remembered the Christmas' she used to spend with Spencer and Glacie, back when things were good. Wistfully, she sighed. Christmas had just become another cold reminder these days.

Reoakee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:18 pm
wc 122

Christmas? Ah right. “No not really. My duties are leave me more open this time of year and I have made no plans with my fathers to see them. I was going to try and take the time to make sure that Nal adjusted to tribe life well. She has never been around so many other foxes.” She glanced questioningly to Ash waiting for the phim to continue. It was clear there was something on the shaman’s mind to have asked such a thing. Was there a tribe duty she had overlooked or did this have to do with a plan to spend time with Nal and Haven and make sure things were as they seemed there and that Nal would fine? Was this when the dinner was to be or perhaps the planning for the dinner?  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 am
"Perhaps after you've had a dinner with her, you could schedule to spend the holiday with your sister and her mate?" Karistal was right, she did have an idea. Christmas was about family, and surely inviting Haven to spend the holiday together would show a good attempt at understanding and inviting the other into Karistal's family. It was the tiny steps that mattered the most.

Nodding thoughtfully, the 'phim looked down at Karistal, one of her paws raising to fidget with her necklace. "I believe that is all I can offer currently, but I'll continue to ponder for you."

Reoakee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 am
wc 114

“You do not do yourself justice shaman Ash. “ The small vixen favored the other with a smile. “All advice you give I take very seriously. You hold a wisdom that should not be discounted.” Feeling comfort she moved her own paw to gently stroke the phim’s paw. There again was the soft echo of laughter from the vision in the past once more drifted past. A small pang rang through Karistal’s heart. Ignoring it she though instead where Hex and Nal might be at. “Should you find any other thoughts on the matter they would most welcome.” She gave the other another look. “is there anything I can do for you in repayment?”

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am
Ash returned the smile, head shaking softly, tossing loose curls over her shoulder. She fidgeted with her necklace once more, offering a glance to the sky. It was getting late, they probably should head back, although she was perfectly content staying with Karistal for some time more.

"Repayment isn't necessary. It was a favor from a shaman to someone in need." There was a pause, red eyes narrowing sharply as she considered something that had suddenly flipped into her mind. Karistal's sister had found someone, and it was the season to settle down with someone warm for the holidays. She hadn't noticed Karistal spending more time with anyone other than herself, but the 'phim had to admit she hadn't been looking either. Probably to help soften any potential blow to her heart, maybe?

"What of you?" She asked lightly, keeping her words soft and almost uncommitted. She didn't want to seem too eager, after all, if she was trying to maintain appearances. "Have you found someone who might interest you?"

Reoakee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm
Yushika

wc 195
Karistal felt herself freeze as all her eyes swiveled and starred at the teal angel near her without meaning. A reddish blush started on her cheeks. Closing all her eyes she took a deep breath to steady herself. Really that was not a question she had ever expected from Ash. Her intital thought was to flat out say yes of course, but that might put the shaman on the spot considering she might not likely feel the same and was asking for another reason. Taking another deep breath for composure she looked at Ash. “Yes I do have interest in a fox, though I doubt it is reciprocated. Still I am happy.” She felt a tear forming in the eye on her hip and merely curled her tail to cover and wipe it away. “I got to see a vision once, just a flash and I have no doubt of that fox’s happiness being found in life. So I am not lacking in any way.” She didn’t bother saying it wasn’t clear and she didn’t see herself in it. That was the pang in her own heart and best not left to trouble the shaman.  

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm
The 'phim felt her pulse race at the sudden adjust in temperament, her feathers fluffing. She had thrown Karistal off-guard; that wasn't the goal. An apology formed in her throat, cut down when Karistal spoke. Oh. She had to fight the sound that crept in her chest, swallowing it back as she noted red cheeks. So Karistal did fancy someone — someone unobtainable. Jealousy sparked, morphing into a sincere disappointment. While she had hoped the vixen would turn their gaze to her, she was saddened to know Karistal felt the same, unreciprocated love she did. It was an awfully lonely feeling.

"I see," She couldn't mask the tone in time, internally wincing. It came off dejected, although she doubted Karistal would notice or understand. "Perhaps more than your sisters wishes will be granted this holiday eve." Her tail flicked, as if tossing the thick and heavy feeling aside.

Reoakee

● RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces