Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
2018 - Another Year of Our Lives That Belongs to Him Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 pm
By Amy Manners | Thu 28 Dec 2017 9:30 EST

A Significant Event

Two thousand and eighteen years ago something happened that would change the trajectory of history forever. All our times are pin-pointed to this one significant event that we can't erase from our collective memory, no matter how much we may try. For despite what you believe, or don't believe, the simple reality is that every single day of our lives has a date that is based on a time when 'the Word [of God] became flesh and dwelt amongst us' in the person of Jesus Christ.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Thank you for sharing this.  

SolaceSerenitySerendipity

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:05 am
2018 A.D. anno domini - the year of our Lord smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:52 pm
Interesting read.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 am
edited to clarify grammar

The pagan's reckoning of time. But it isn't the Biblical (thus YHWH's) reckoning of time (YHWH's beginning of the year starts in the month that the passover takes place in—which is in spring [the season YHWH selected as the beginning of the year], not winter. And Jesus did not change these times).

• Exodus 12:1-11 (NIV)

12 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 12:3 The Hebrew word can mean lamb or kid; also in verse 4.

• Matthew 26:17-19 (NIV)

17 On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”

18 He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.’” 19 So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.

The calendar she's talking about sets the god Janus (and sets winter) as its beginning. Christ has nothing to do with the idols of the pagans.

• 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 (NIV)

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
            and walk among them,
        and I will be their God,
            and they will be my people.”[b]

Footnotes:

a. 2 Corinthians 6:15 Greek Beliar, a variant of Belial
        b. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-22 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

Why do we want to honor, through festivity, [1] a lying reckoning of time and/or [2] Janus (a demon, what/who the pagans worship)?

Quote:

• In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (/ˈdʒeɪnəs/; Latin: Iānus, pronounced [ˈjaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. It is conventionally thought that the month of January is named for Janus (Ianuarius), [...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janus

• Ianuarius, fully Mensis Ianuarius (Latin for the "January Month", i.e., "The Month of Janus"), was the first month of the ancient Roman calendar, from which the Julian and Gregorian month of January derived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ianuarius

Don't let the emotionalism of the article deceive you. It is not godly to yoke Christ to idols. And it's not the truth: we know that Jesus rose from the dead on the day of Firstfruits as our first fruits (which occurs during the week-long Festival of Unleavened Bread [initiated by the passover dinner]). There was no need to invent a new holiday ("easter"), picking dates of one's own choosing to replace what is legitimately already on God's Biblical calendar (there's a precedent in Scripture speaking against doing such things i.e. Jeroboam son of Nebat, offering an alternative date of what is already written and given a date in YHWH's Law).

• 1 Kings 12:25-33 (NIV)

25 Then Jeroboam fortified Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim and lived there. From there he went out and built up Peniel.[a]

26 Jeroboam thought to himself, “The kingdom will now likely revert to the house of David. 27 If these people go up to offer sacrifices at the temple of the Lord in Jerusalem, they will again give their allegiance to their lord, Rehoboam king of Judah. They will kill me and return to King Rehoboam.”

28 After seeking advice, the king made two golden calves. He said to the people, “It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem. Here are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.” 29 One he set up in Bethel, and the other in Dan. 30 And this thing became a sin; the people came to worship the one at Bethel and went as far as Dan to worship the other.[b]

31 Jeroboam built shrines on high places and appointed priests from all sorts of people, even though they were not Levites. 32 He instituted a festival on the fifteenth day of the eighth month, like the festival held in Judah, and offered sacrifices on the altar. This he did in Bethel, sacrificing to the calves he had made. And at Bethel he also installed priests at the high places he had made. 33 On the fifteenth day of the eighth month, a month of his own choosing, he offered sacrifices on the altar he had built at Bethel. So he instituted the festival for the Israelites and went up to the altar to make offerings.

Footnotes:

a. 1 Kings 12:25 Hebrew Penuel, a variant of Peniel
        b. 1 Kings 12:30 Probable reading of the original Hebrew text; Masoretic Text people went to the one as far as Dan

In contrast, the Biblical Calendar not only commemorated things God did in the past, but simultaneously prophesies about what YHWH/YHWH-incarnate/Jesus/the Holy Spirit would do (e.g. the Holy Spirit being poured out on the rest of the disciples during Pentecost, an Old Testament Feast Day) and has yet to do. A date that God set, not that we set. We don't have the authority to change YHWH's reckoning of time and anyone who does so is walking in the ways of anti-Christ and Jeroboam son of Nebat (as the world does).

• Daniel 7:25 (NIV)

25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.[a]

Footnotes:

a. Daniel 7:25 Or for a year, two years and half a year

• Colossians 2:16 (NIV)

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

• Luke 24:44-45 (NIV)

44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

• 1 Corinthians 15:20 (NIV)

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

• Leviticus 23:20-21 (NIV)

20 The priest is to wave the two lambs before the Lord as a wave offering, together with the bread of the firstfruits. They are a sacred offering to the Lord for the priest. 21 On that same day you are to proclaim a sacred assembly and do no regular work. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.

Leviticus 23 contains all the days that prophesy (and thus commemorate) about Christ. Fear what God says, not what man says. This monk should've searched the Scriptures to understand the Biblical calendar, not invent one of his own in response to what the gentiles are doing in their culture. Is Janus our god? No. He's an idol. He's not YHWH.

• Galatians 4:8-11 (NIV)

8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[a]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

Footnotes:

a. Galatians 4:9 Or principles

In contrast, Paul is keeping God's set-apart times, even with Gentiles (Corinthians). What YHWH Commanded is not what he's condemning:

• 1 Corinthians 5:7-8 (NIV)

7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

When it honors an idol however, Paul condemns its observance/practice. He may abruptly change the topic at times, but pay close attention. This is not a "disputable matter", a matter where there are no clear Commands, an area of grey. This is very clear in Scripture.

=

But if that (avoiding the festivals and holidays that honor idols/demons) wasn't enough, there's this: their worthless and/or detrimental holiday practices are not honoring the Way God told us to steward the earth.

Fireworks?

Balloons?

• Balloons of any sort, not just the helium ones, can create fatal problems for wildlife. The helium ones just have a greater reach as they float and sail away before deflating and dropping back to Earth.

Many animals mistake the balloons for food and end up with blockages in their digestive tracts, causing the creatures to slowly starve to death. The colorful ribbons that often accompany the balloons also are deadly to birds and other creatures when they become entangled in them.

Sea turtles seem especially vulnerable. They feed on jellyfish and often mistake a deflated balloon on the water for a tasty meal.

It can take years for even the so-called biodegradable latex balloons to decompose, which means they are littering the environment and endangering wildlife health for a long time.
    [...]

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/03/16/released-balloons-create-hazards-for-wildlife/

• Many utility companies have spoken out, arguing balloons can cause power outages when they hit electric lines. And the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's website includes photos of birds and a turtle that died after choking or being strangled by balloon pieces and strings.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/launches-helium-balloons-dying-days-48402205

When it violates a Command of God's, the lust of the eyes to see pretty things and feel thrills in the flesh does not lead to life. This is why YHWH commanded us to NOT adopt the ways of the nations. We don't need to (and it is prohibited to) change dates of the things that YHWH already set. We don't need to adopt their "celebration" practices—and we shouldn't for our own good and that of the rest of creation.

Don't follow (nor honor) the doctrines of demons who want us to be lawless to our own destruction, to be following their unclean-spirit/demon-inspired practices (and interpretations) that have us partaking of what promotes lies (not 100% Truth), thus leaves us unguarded, that damages the earth, and continues to invite death into our lives, who call for us to ignore passages of Scripture (if not key terms within them) as if they didn't exist, especially the ones that display Paul living in obedience to the Law despite his justification being in Christ. To come away with lawless interpretations, "worship however you like even if it nullifies a Command of God", even though Paul Himself was not lawless nor implying such, is demonic doctrine and is anti-Christ because Christ did not teach lawlessness (let's break the Law of God) either.

• Matthew 15:1-9 (NIV)

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
            but their hearts are far from me.
        9 They worship me in vain;
            their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”

Footnotes:

a. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 20:12; Deut. 5:16
        b. Matthew 15:4 Exodus 21:17; Lev. 20:9
        c. Matthew 15:9 Isaiah 29:13

• Matthew 23:1-3 (NIV)

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

• 2 Peter 3:15-17 (NIV)

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position.

If you start thinking that Christ taught lawlessness, you will fall from your secure position in Christ. He didn't teach that it's okay to commit sin.

• 1 John 3:4 (NIV)

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

• Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV)

2 Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.

Adding to or taking away from YHWH's Law is sin. Jesus is sinless. Ergo, don't be like the sinful Pharisees that Jesus corrected. He fulfilled/carried out the Law, He did not do away with it.

• Matthew 5:17-20 (NIV)

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Their tradition (both the self-imposed/not Commanded hand-washing ritual i.e. netilat yadayim, and their traditional interpretation of Commands) was nullifying what is actually written down.

This monk, just like Roman Catholicism did, is just offering a counterfeit of the truth when it comes to YHWH's holy dates—following the ancient example of Jeroboam son of Nebat (that I mentioned previously). Just because it deviates less does not make it honorable nor the truth, especially when it's honoring other gods besides Him (known or unbeknownst to you, YHWH knows and so do the pagans).

How many times did Pharaoh try to get Moses to compromise on what YHWH was instructing them to do? No, you're not going to worship YHWH. Okay you can go worship, but no leaving, do it here in the land. Okay, you can leave this land (Egypt) and go into the wilderness, but no you cannot go far. Okay you can go far, but don't take everyone with you. Okay, you can take everyone with you, but don't take the animals. Okay fine, you can take everyone including your animals, just tell me where you're going. Okay fine, don't even tell me where you're going, leave, ALL of you. Get out of Egypt entirely. Moses had to come back and correct every time until it was legitimately in line with every detail of what YHWH said, NO deviance, no compromise, there would be no mistaking who is being worshiped here—YHWH alone (and in-between Pharaoh changing his mind, of course, YHWH is orchestrating divine disaster, unleashing plagues on earth when His Command was refused to be obeyed after He made them aware of His demands).

• Exodus 5:1-2 (NIV)

5 Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’”

2 Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.”

• Exodus 8:25-27 (NIV)

25 Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Go, sacrifice to your God here in the land.”

26 But Moses said, “That would not be right. The sacrifices we offer the Lord our God would be detestable to the Egyptians. And if we offer sacrifices that are detestable in their eyes, will they not stone us? 27 We must take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the Lord our God, as he commands us.”

• Exodus 8:28 (NIV)

28 Pharaoh said, “I will let you go to offer sacrifices to the Lord your God in the wilderness, but you must not go very far. Now pray for me.”

• Exodus 10:7-10 (NIV)

7 Pharaoh’s officials said to him, “How long will this man be a snare to us? Let the people go, so that they may worship the Lord their God. Do you not yet realize that Egypt is ruined?”

8 Then Moses and Aaron were brought back to Pharaoh. “Go, worship the Lord your God,” he said. “But tell me who will be going.”

9 Moses answered, “We will go with our young and our old, with our sons and our daughters, and with our flocks and herds, because we are to celebrate a festival to the Lord.”

10 Pharaoh said, “The Lord be with you—if I let you go, along with your women and children! Clearly you are bent on evil.[a]

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 10:10 Or Be careful, trouble is in store for you!

• Exodus 10:24-26 (NIV)

24 Then Pharaoh summoned Moses and said, “Go, worship the Lord. Even your women and children may go with you; only leave your flocks and herds behind.”

25 But Moses said, “You must allow us to have sacrifices and burnt offerings to present to the Lord our God. 26 Our livestock too must go with us; not a hoof is to be left behind. We have to use some of them in worshiping the Lord our God, and until we get there we will not know what we are to use to worship the Lord.”

• Exodus 12:31-32 (NIV)

31 During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the Lord as you have requested. 32 Take your flocks and herds, as you have said, and go. And also bless me.”

No matter how much closer to true worship, if it's deviating on something YHWH did say, we cannot settle. We must insist on the truth, the whole truth.

Lately, I'm sensing a whole lot of leaven/teaching of the Pharisees (deviated from what is written in favor of what man has to say on the matter). And a whole lot of Jannes and Jambres:

• 2 Timothy 3:8-9 (NIV)

8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Jannes and Jambres were sorcerers in Pharaoh's courts offering counterfeits of the truth established by God through Moses. Just like the Pharisees, just like Jeroboam son of Nebat, just like antichrist(s), following demonic doctrine. They put something on display, religious and spiritual, acknowledging miracles and some of YHWH's truth, but not quite totally agreeing with YHWH nor with what is written. Yet Jesus certainly agreed with every word that proceeded out of God's mouth. This article certainly does not, but twists Paul's epistles into a lawless, "do what thou wilt", stance on worship that Paul is not describing once the totality of what he wrote is taken into consideration. What this article is promoting is blasphemy: mixing Christ (what is holy) with idols (what is profane).

• Ezekiel 22:26 (NIV)

26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

YHWH is not profane, He is holy (set-apart from what the pagans worship)—and for good reason. Their ways are worthless myth, lies, if not damaging to His creation in a non-protective from wickedness way. We do not adopt the practices dedicated to demons and then use it to honor YHWH. That's not the Way of Jesus/YHWH-incarnate—the Way, the Truth, the Life. Doesn't matter how much "closer" to truth, and intending to honor Christ, Dionysius was: the fact of that matter is that it wasn't the truth. And it does not honor Christ and His teachings. We don't take what is pagan, alter it, and dedicate it to Christ. He already has a calendar. Why not submit Roman society to the actual calendar that is already written down? Oh, that's right, because you (Dionysius) compromised. Moses didn't do that. Jesus didn't do that. So, why should we do that? We shouldn't. This isn't a grey matter. We should not be changing His set times.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm
"Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household."

The church is not the nation of Israel. We are not bound to this calendar. We don't celebrate the feasts of Israel.... it's really just that simple. Our modern calendar isn't the religious calendar of a nation that rejected (for the most part) its own messiah, which is much more central of an issue than Mosaic Law (which we are not saved by in the least). The Jews may have their calendar, but they don't have their messiah. sad

Jesus didn't come to tell us which calendar to use.... he observed it because it was fit for him to fulfill the Law, something he did and that we cannot do. He did it for us! The new covenant was established at the Last Supper.... the old covenant was what the nation of Israel had.... the Church has the new smile

but when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, that he might redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons” (Gal. 4:4-5;

“if righteousness [i.e., being right with God — forgiven] is [accomplished] through the law, then Christ died for nothing” (Gal. 2:21).

“And for this cause he is the mediator of a new covenant, that a death having taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, they that have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must of necessity be the death of him that made it. For a testament is of force where there has been death: for it never avails while he who made it lives” (Heb. 9:15-17).

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 pm
"Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household."

The church is not the nation of Israel. We are not bound to this calendar. We don't celebrate the feasts of Israel.... it's really just that simple. Our modern calendar isn't the religious calendar of a nation that rejected (for the most part) its own messiah, which is much more central of an issue than Mosaic Law (which we are not saved by in the least). The Jews may have their calendar, but they don't have their messiah. sad

Jesus didn't come to tell us which calendar to use.... he observed it because it was fit for him to fulfill the Law, something he did and that we cannot do. He did it for us! The new covenant was established at the Last Supper.... the old covenant was what the nation of Israel had.... the Church has the new smile

but when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, that he might redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons” (Gal. 4:4-5;

“if righteousness [i.e., being right with God — forgiven] is [accomplished] through the law, then Christ died for nothing” (Gal. 2:21).

“And for this cause he is the mediator of a new covenant, that a death having taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, they that have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must of necessity be the death of him that made it. For a testament is of force where there has been death: for it never avails while he who made it lives” (Heb. 9:15-17).

Please keep the whole Bible in context: the nation of Israel, at one point in time, may have been the only one nation that worshiped the Creator in Truth (the whole point of setting Abraham apart: to be different from the rest of the nations because they were idolatrous/deviant from the Creator, and Abraham and his descendants were to be different, only reflecting the Creator's Way, not their ways). But that doesn't mean His calendar belongs to the nation of Israel alone. It is the objective truth.

So, yes, in the context of making a contrast between the Romans (who didn't worship YHWH) and the southern kingdom of Judah, they could be referred to as:

• John 7:2 (KJV)

2 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand.

But as the rest of Scripture defines, in reality, these are Feasts of the Lord / Yahweh's feasts.

• Leviticus 23:44 (KJV)

44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the Lord.

• Ezra 3:5 (KJV)

5 And afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the Lord that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the Lord.

The New Covenant doesn't alter YHWH's Law or set times, on the contrary, it upholds them, and establishes the Law of God with sincerity of inner-being, fully accepting what it says:

• Hebrews 8:8-10 (KJV)

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Thus why YHWH speaks against those who try to change His Commands and set times. YHWH doesn't contradict. A change in who is atoning for us / which priesthood (Melchizedek vs. Levitical), doesn't change the Creator's Law and reckoning of time (the year begins in spring—and logically that makes sense, as reality reflects, it's when new life springs up).

Whatever you're trying to turn this conversation into, it is irrelevant to what I'm pointing out specifically (i.e. the Creator's reckoning of time that He established since the beginning of the world; and irrelevant on another note because I outright said justification is by belief in Christ; don't fall into what Peter is warning against about how people twist Paul's epistles, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to come away with a lawless interpretation). Paul continues living in obedience to the Creator's Commands, and does not honor idolatrous holidays / festivities originating to honor demons and myths. The Creator is the one who sets the time since the beginning of the world. We have no business trying to change it, put certain starts/ends of His set things in another month/time, or slightly tweak the erroneous calendars of the pagans/the world (which honor other gods/demons/idols) to try to include Him into it when it's not even time as He defines it (is not of Him).

---

Having said that,

If we come to Him, our gentileness is washed away, and we are grafted into Israel / the set-apart community of believers (who is set apart from the world's ways of doing things that nullify the Creator's Way).

Emphasis on the bolded (v. 13, 17, 24-25):

• Romans 11:13-25 (KJV)

13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

So, if you are in Christ, then yes, you are Israel/grafted into Israel—same thing as church. Just like Moses and the generation on Mt Sinai were called church.

• Acts 7:38 (KJV)

38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Just like Paul, an Israelite, is church like Moses:

• Romans 11:1 (KJV)

11 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Paul is an Israelite, of the southern kingdom of Judah, from the tribe of Benjamin, and accepts his Messiah. There's no need to bring up that not everyone who is a native-born of the nation of Israel obeys YHWH/their Creator's Way/acknowledges the truth of what is written as it is written. I am aware.

• Romans 9:6 (KJV)

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

• John 5:46 (KJV)

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Had they been obeying what is written as it is written (as YHWH Commanded and Moses received), they wouldn't have needed correcting from Jesus (nor rejected Jesus [who is YHWH-incarnate]). Jesus/YHWH isn't preaching a different message. Jesus submitted all things to the Father's Way. Ergo, His yoke that offers rest for our souls...

• Matthew 11:29 (KJV)

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

...is not new...

• Jeremiah 6:16 (KJV)

16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

The Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Herodians, would not walk in it but were deviating in certain areas from what was written. Not submitting to full Scriptural definition. Coming up with their own self-imposed traditions not Commanded by the Father but that nullified something He did Command (or they were holding to a traditional way of interpreting a Command that nullified obedience to the Father's Commands as He intended it to be obeyed). Hence, "They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules" —and yet doing all this in His Name, to honor Him. It's not honoring Him to ignore His words, what is written, His definition, the truth.

• John 17:17 (KJV)

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

• Matthew 4:4 (KJV)

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

• Psalm 119:142 (KJV)

142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

• Proverbs 4:2 (KJV)

2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

It's not limited to Jewish sects. There are many religious individuals who deny what is written, even today:

• 2 Timothy 4:3-4 (NIV)

3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

They turn away from Scriptural truth and rather give heeds to myths, fables. Like the myth of Janus and the celebrations that honor the myth, the lie, the deviance from the truth/reality.

--

As for the Jews (who deny Jesus) having the Creator's calendar, no, not even native-born Israelites guard it (they deviated to a mathematical formula instead of the Biblical criteria to calculate it—they use Hillel / Hillel II's calendar, whereas Biblically, the criteria is sun, moon, constellations + barley harvest to have accurate day, week, month, year calculations of the time, and acknowledging them in their proper order: heavenly signs take precedence over earthly [e.g. just because you didn't spot enough ripe barley doesn't mean we haven't already started another season, but some won't declare it until they personally see enough ripe barley on earth, making earthly signs more authoritative than heavenly, symbolically quaint because they give higher authority to man's interpretation—earthly—rather than what came from Heaven as He said it]).

And even then, let's say they submitted to the Biblical calendar, (whether accepting or denying the Messiah), even then they (or you) can't obediently observe certain of YHWH's appointed times outside of the land of Israel anyway even if they wanted to observe it; thus why they come up with things like "Passover Seder". Inversely, why Paul made every effort to travel back to Jerusalem on Pentecost in order to observe it ("Pentecost" is the Greek Name for "Feast of Weeks", an Old Testament feast day).

Quote:

Shavuot (About this sound listen (help·info)) (or Shovuos (About this sound listen (help·info)), in Ashkenazi usage; Shavuʿoth in Sephardi and Mizrahi Hebrew (Hebrew: שבועות‎, lit. "Weeks"), known as the Feast of Weeks in English and as Pentecost (Πεντηκοστή) in Ancient Greek,[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavuot

You can't observe it outside of the promised land despite there being believers outside of it.

Hence,

• Acts 20:16 (KJV)

16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

He didn't have to, because being outside of the promised land, on a journey, is an acceptable excuse not to observe it, like for the passover (thus the penalty if this wasn't your excuse):

• Numbers 9:13 (KJV)

13 But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the Lord in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.

—like when the Israelites were in exile as divine judgment from YHWH, thus not in the promised land (they too couldn't observe any feasts of the Lord):

• Hosea 9:3-5 (KJV)

3 They shall not dwell in the Lord's land; but Ephraim shall return to Egypt, and they shall eat unclean things in Assyria.

4 They shall not offer wine offerings to the Lord, neither shall they be pleasing unto him: their sacrifices shall be unto them as the bread of mourners; all that eat thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soul shall not come into the house of the Lord.

5 What will ye do in the solemn day, and in the day of the feast of the Lord?

a.k.a. what are you going to do because you won't be able to observe the Feasts of the Lord (YHWH) when you're exiled / outside of the promised land.

And Jesus did not put a stop to this; realize: Jesus ascends into the heavens in Acts 1, Paul converts in Acts 9, Paul is sacrificing in Jerusalem in Acts 20 and Acts 21, after Jesus' once and for all sacrifice (and accepting his Messiah), not in rebellion to the fact that Jesus is his justification, but because (1) he's in Jerusalem, the altar and temple is up, he can do so obediently and (2) not all sacrificing is done to atone for sin, but prophesying/commemorating something YHWH will do / did, like the passover—commemorating how the lamb's blood saved them from YHWH's wrath during the tenth plague in Egypt. Every year that Israel observed passover after that, they weren't getting saved from a tenth plague anymore; it was merely commemorating what YHWH did. Yet at the same time, unbeknownst to them, they were prophesying about what Jesus/YHWH-incarnate would do, whose blood covers them, and that the second death will pass over them. Paul speaks of Jesus for partaking in passover, he doesn't deny Him. Those shadows speak of Him:

• Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

And again, the New Covenant does not change these set times and Laws.

On top of that, the Law of the Father prohibits literal flesh sacrificing (for example, sacrificing animals) outside of the appointed place.

• Deuteronomy 12:11-14 (NIV)

11 Then to the place the Lord your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name—there you are to bring everything I command you: your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, and all the choice possessions you have vowed to the Lord. 12 And there rejoice before the Lord your God—you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, and the Levites from your towns who have no allotment or inheritance of their own. 13 Be careful not to sacrifice your burnt offerings anywhere you please. 14 Offer them only at the place the Lord will choose in one of your tribes, and there observe everything I command you.

And thus why even Jesus was sacrificed in Jerusalem.

• Matthew 16:21 (KJV)

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

• Revelation 11:8 (KJV)

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Their not being able to observe certain feasts of the Lord (or make literal flesh sacrifices) outside of Jerusalem however doesn't change His calendar / reckoning of time.

Considering they're the feasts of the Lord (YHWH), it's not surprising that it is His reckoning of time. And prophesies about what He's doing, what He did, and what He will do. So if YHWH is our God, then those "Feast" days belong to us (whether we're able to observe them or not). And they prophesy about our Lord.

You're holding on to (or are being blinded by) man's traditional paraphrase instead of what the text cohesively is saying. What YHWH inspired trumps traditional ways of talking about the Bible.

• Romans 3:4 (KJV)

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

• Matthew 15:1-9 (KJV)

15 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

...instead of what God said as it is written.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:25 pm
You did not truly address what I posted, but made another extremely long and Legalistic post. I am invoking my right according to the rules of this Bible Guild to politely disagree with you. You seem to "Judaize" everything and have little room for the Gospel.Having Legalism shoved at me is not very Christian or desirable, IMHO. It makes me uncomfortable. As the Church, we do not keep nor need to keep the OT calendar.... it is that simple. We might as well be sacrificing calves again.

You quoted this scripture :
Colossians 2:16-17 (KJV)

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

That means those feasts etc are not binding.... we do NOT have to keep them...they are shadows meant to teach us something of Christ.... no more.....you are reading into the text what is not there.

I am sorry we are at odds, so let the LORD be the judge and not ourselves.
May the LORD open the eyes and hearts of all of us.  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm
You did not truly address what I posted, but made another extremely long and Legalistic post. I am invoking my right according to the rules of this Bible Guild to politely disagree with you. You seem to "Judaize" everything and have little room for the Gospel.Having Legalism shoved at me is not very Christian or desirable, IMHO. As the Church, we do not keep nor need to keep the OT calendar.... it is that simple. We might as well be sacrificing calves again.

That means those feasts etc are not binding.... we do NOT have to keep them...they are shadows meant to teach us something of Christ.... no more.....you are reading into the text what is not there.

emotion_sweatdrop I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't finish reading my replies, nor read carefully, and are therefore distorting what I say because I did address what you wrote. You would also not be accusing me of Judaizing (or defining church the way you do contrary to Scripture) had you finished reading the post. What the Pharisees are doing is the exact opposite of what I am doing/saying.

• Proverbs 18:13 (KJV)

13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:46 pm
cristobela
You did not truly address what I posted, but made another extremely long and Legalistic post. I am invoking my right according to the rules of this Bible Guild to politely disagree with you. You seem to "Judaize" everything and have little room for the Gospel.Having Legalism shoved at me is not very Christian or desirable, IMHO. As the Church, we do not keep nor need to keep the OT calendar.... it is that simple. We might as well be sacrificing calves again.

emotion_sweatdrop I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't finish reading my replies, nor read carefully, and are therefore distorting what I say because I did address what you wrote. You would also not be accusing me of Judaizing (or defining church the way you do contrary to Scripture) had you finished reading the post. What the Pharisees are doing is the exact opposite of what I am doing/saying.

13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

I read your replies.... most assuredly  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am
cristobela

I read your replies.... most assuredly

Then you have no reason to be replying with things like...

Quote:

As the Church, we do not keep nor need to keep the OT calendar.... it is that simple. We might as well be sacrificing calves again.

...considering, I outright explained that we can not do it obediently. Yet somehow, from what I said, you twisted that into concluding (very over-generalized), "we might as well do it". That's not reading carefully. Please stop ignoring the very specific statements I've been making. We cannot sacrifice calves (because for one, we're outside of Jerusalem; and two, even if we were in Jerusalem, the temple [and, at the very least, its altar] is not edified, unlike in Paul's day. So, he could do it and did do it, in Christ and in the promised land).

Secondly,

Is Paul a part of the church? Yes.
Is Paul making sacrifices after Jesus' once and for all sacrifice (and after accepting Christ)? Yes.

Then why your aversion to the idea of the church making flesh sacrifices (in the appointed place)? The New Testament does not speak against doing so, otherwise Paul is condemned for sacrificing animals after realizing that Jesus is whom these sacrifices prophesied about (and he had realized it, thus what he had been preaching all the way up to that time and after).

But no, there's nothing wrong with the church sacrificing a calf when the literal flesh sacrifice is done in Jerusalem (the appointed place), in the obedient way, it's not being done to atone for sins but to communicate what it prophesies/commemorates about (Jesus/YHWH-incarnate coming to die for our sins), and show the cohesion between the two Testaments (that you're not teaching against it, but honoring it and the Messiah that it prophesies about)—which is what Paul was doing, and what I am describing.

You have no legitimate basis to conclude, from anything I typed, that I (or the Bible) am telling people outside of the appointed place to sacrifice calves. Nor, on the flipside, to decry the idea of the church making flesh sacrifices (in the way that Paul did).

Sure, you can make spiritual sacrifices (praise, prayer, good deeds) anywhere...

• 1 Peter 2:5 (KJV)

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

• Hebrews 13:15 (KJV)

15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

• Psalm 141:2 (KJV)

2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

• Acts 10:4 (NIV)

4 Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked.

The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.

...but no, literal animal sacrifices cannot be done just anywhere if we're being obedient.

What's more: we have end times prophecy (i.e. Zechariah 14, which I'll quote below) describing a time when nations other than Israel will be obligated to come up to Jerusalem to observe the Feast of Tabernacles (a feast of the Lord) or else their nation gets no rain—and when they do come to observe it, they'll be cooking their sacrifices in pots in Jerusalem. Since when did Mosaic Law obligate other nations (gentile nations), thus people outside of the nation of Israel, to come up to Jerusalem to observe a feast of the Lord or else their nation gets no rain? Never in the Law of Moses. So this is not Mosaic Covenant, but prophesying about a time under the New Covenant (which did not change His Law and set times):

• Zechariah 14:16-21 (KJV)

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

Both literal sacrifices (thus their need to be cooked) and a feast of the Lord being observed by gentiles—other nations; they're making a yearly pilgrimage up to Jerusalem, to observe a feast of the Lord and sacrifice in the pots of Jerusalem.

Thus why all kinds of people at that point will be observing things according to the Creator's reckoning of time:

• Isaiah 66:22-24 (KJV)

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

All flesh (thus all kinds of people, including gentiles, all the families of the earth as Zechariah describes) observing YHWH's New Moons and Sabbaths (which include the Feast of Tabernacles).

This is YHWH's (the Creator's) reckoning of time, not the world's.

They're observing the Creator's feasts/moedim/appointed times and how He reckons time.

Make no mistake, this is end times; hence, "the worm that eats them will not die" that appears here, which is what Jesus spoke about in the Gospels:

• Mark 9:47-49 (NIV)

47 And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

“‘the worms that eat them do not die,
              and the fire is not quenched.’[a]

49 Everyone will be salted with fire.

Footnotes:

a. Mark 9:48 Isaiah 66:24

So, no, neither is Isaiah 66 talking about a time under the Mosaic covenant.

I can tell, by how you interpret, that you have not taken these verses into consideration. It's not that I'm reading things into the Bible, but there is a verse already in the Bible that I am reading. These are the kinds of verses that I have been pointing out to you in order to supply what is incomplete in your (and originally in the article's) interpretational conclusion. If an interpretation fails to harmonize with what the Bible is saying, then it is incorrect. When we don't factor these verses in, our interpretations wind up skewed from what the text is cohesively communicating from beginning to end.

Ergo, there's nothing wrong with the church making literal flesh sacrificing (in the way that Paul in Christ did it). And yes, men from all nations, not just the nation of Israel, but gentiles will be submitting to the Creator's reckoning of time and the feasts of the Lord too.

So we shouldn't allow the ignorant/unlearned/unaware who worship according to the commandments of men / ways of this world and not YHWH, but who even worship angels, to judge us (which is the context of Colossians 2).

• Colossians 2:16-23 (KJV)

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

...not the Commandments and doctrines of YHWH, but self-imposed ways, commandments and doctrines of men that deviate from what the Creator established, like Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for in Matthew 15 who strayed from what the Creator said.

In contrast, the believers in Christ in Colossae (the Colossians) are believers discipled by Paul who do hold to what the Father Commanded (as Jesus defended, as Paul also did); thus why Paul instructs them that they should not allow themselves to be judged by those who reject it (in this particular historical context: by the Gnostics, who reject the Law of God, had extreme ascetic practices, and worshiped angels, holding to the commandments and doctrines of men, not God's).

In short, and to bring it back to what this topic is about (calendars), as Scripture defines (and describes), the New Covenant is not a change of His Commands or His set times. Dionysius should not have "edited" Christ into the ancient Roman calendar, but totally eliminate the idolatrous Roman calendar and instead establish God's Way of reckoning time because that is the Roman calendar's ultimate destiny: destruction, like all idolatrous things. It is the Creator's Instructions and the Creator's reckoning of time (His Sabbaths, His New moons, His Feast of Tabernacles), that will prevail on the planet for all the families of the earth (including gentiles), not just a mere nation of Israel, but all mankind, all flesh.

• Isaiah 2:2 (KJV)

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:2 (KJV)

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Defending anything else, and trying to salvage an erroneous and idolatrous calendar, is futile/pointless because it's not the truth / what submits to reality / God's word. And everything (and everyone) that deviates from truth will be eliminated—including the names of their idols.

• Zechariah 13:2 (KJV)

2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

There will be no calendar honoring Janus / the month of Janus (a Roman god) then.

Nor any calendar honoring Tammuz / the month of Tammuz (a Sumerian god) either (which the present day "Jewish" calendar retains, disobediently)—a hint that they've deviated, and a suspicion that is corroborated when you look into the calendars, and see how they keep time not fully submitting to what the Creator established.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:35 pm
Hebrews 9:12
He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

Hebrews 10:1
The Law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Hebrews 10:11
Day after day every priest stands to minister and to offer again and again the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

“If righteousness [i.e., being right with God — forgiven] is [accomplished] through the law, then Christ died for nothing” (Gal. 2:21).

F. F. Bruce
, in slightly different language, describes the matter as follows:

“The first covenant provided a measure of atonement and remission for sins committed under it, but it was incapable of providing ‘eternal redemption’; this was a blessing which had to await the inauguration of the new covenant, which embodies God’s promise to his people, ‘I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more’ (Jer. 31:34)” (1990, 230).

=====
Forgive my ignorance, but I am just a lowly servant of the Lord.
I do not see prophecy as panning out as you do, so once more we are at odds. Let's just agree to disagree, because your rebukes and many words will not convince me away from the grace of the gospel and towards something else. May the Lord bless you, Cristobela, but please know this: I do not intend to engage you in discussion here on the Bible Guild ever again. Please do not take that personally. I am sorry, my nerves just cannot take the tension that argumentation leads to. One day we will know the truth as we see Him who is truth in the flesh smile

Peace be to you.  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

PurpleAngel2God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:14 pm
Please pray for the hurt I just received. My best friend and sister in Christ was told a lie about me and instead of asking whether it was true or to, she believed it and then reprimanded me and hurt me deeply. We have been friends for over ten years and she knows me well enough to know I would never do what she was told I did. So pray that I get over this deep hurt and that I can and will forgive her. But I do not know what is going to happen to our friendship. If she chooses to believe this person, she may never trust me or want to be best friends again. Thank you crying crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:47 am
PurpleAngel2God
Please pray for the hurt I just received. My best friend and sister in Christ was told a lie about me and instead of asking whether it was true or to, she believed it and then reprimanded me and hurt me deeply. We have been friends for over ten years and she knows me well enough to know I would never do what she was told I did. So pray that I get over this deep hurt and that I can and will forgive her. But I do not know what is going to happen to our friendship. If she chooses to believe this person, she may never trust me or want to be best friends again. Thank you crying crying

I prayed for you and your friend... may God restore and strengthen your friendship  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
The Bible

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers