Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:15 pm
User Image

Contest Open Until January 13, 2018 - 00:01 PST

Welcome to my first event as an official God Colorist! This contest is meant to be a compromise between immediately offering customs and making sure y'all know what you can get from me.
I'm not the fanciest editor and I'm hesitant approaching most wings, but that doesn't mean we can't get a few more gods into the mix!

The god available in this contest is inspired by the old, original gods from the shop. Rather, that is where he is starting.. for more information, read on!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:15 pm
User Image

This is a Mystery God. We don't know what his domain is!

That is for you to decide!

Rules

• Everybody can enter, but only one entry per person!
  • Entries may be edited until the deadline.
  • The domain you pick does not need to be preapproved!
  • Fill out the form completely!
  • CC is an acceptable option for both base & edits.
  • Play nice!

• Special - Ascension concepts are welcome but still require 10 RPs.

If you win...

• Modifications - Mr. Mystery will be updated to match your proposed concept! All colors and base designs can be changed completely and some additional editing may be done!
  • You will have to wait six months before you are eligible to obtain another god (except through breedings or gifts).

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm
Entry Form

Reminder #1 - Read the form carefully.

Under 'edits' you are specifically told you may list minor, additional edits.
This is already the base of the god you are going to get.

I'm not saying I won't eat my words and change his basic features for an interesting concept,
but I am saying it's unlikely.

Suggest MORE edits to give him based on your proposed domain! Not changes to existing ones.

Suggestion #1 - Be creative.

Think about who Mr. Mystery is and could be.
If he can't be used for your existing concept, don't force it.

He is not a custom.

That is his face.

Apology

I know how hard it is not to treat every opportunity for a god as
the only chance you could ever have to get that long-quested concept ...

I'm just starting out and I wanted to do something more traditional SoA
instead of just focusing on custom raffles and breedings right away.

More opportunities will come.

For now, just try to have fun with what this is, not what you wish it was.

[size=14][b][color=darkblue]Entering for Mystery God[/color][/b][/size]
[b]God's Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]

[b]Domain:[/b]
[b]Existing Overlapping Domains:[/b] (Show us that you did at least some homework, please!)
[b]Definition:[/b] (What is this domain?)
[b]Relevance:[/b] (Why does it exist in SoA?)

[b]Description:[/b] (Fur color/pattern, wing color/pattern [or removal], accessory colors)
[b]Edits:[/b] (Minor additional requests)

[b]How many gods do you own?[/b] #

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Dooley
Meaning: Hero
Domain: Commitment
Existing Overlapping Domains: Love, loyalty, Fidelity, devotion, faithfulness
Definition: .
The state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.

Relevance: Lots of SOA are comitted to other soa, goals, causes etc

Character Relevance : When Dooley met Kaelyn, his commitment to her became his place in the world. Even though she left him he tracked her down and made sure she was eventually his. He has always been committed to his best friend Wessex and has always protected her. See RP’s.
Dooley’s RP’s
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25083287
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=18212235
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25082493
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25084563
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25086953
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25089665
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25093529
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25093991
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25100117
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25103159
Description: see image below, ascension of my lion Dooley. Can his wings remain white but odd feathers be tipped with the browns on his body (or maybe flecked like his body?). Any gems etc should be blue to match his eye colour.
Dooley
Dooley Juve
Dooley Adol
Dooley & Wessex babies
Wessex - just for reference on who Wessex is XD
Edits: I’d like him to be smiley / happy (this is just a suggestion as his expression is awesome). See his previous edited modified image. Extra items : strand of hair from Kaelyn’s tail (as a locket maybe?), or can his diamonds be changed to little suns/a single sun in the middle on his necklace? (This is in reference to the ‘necklace’ marking on Kaelyn. Baby tooth from Wessex (earring), vial of sand (from the firekin maybe in place of one of the feathers on his arm bag), double braids in his mane (for the stormborn, Dooley trains young cubs how to protect themselves), something CC to represent each of his cubs Dooley & Kaelyn’s cubs - these are all things he has been committed to whole heartedly in his life time.
Dooley Edited
How many gods do you own? 7  

Syrius Lionwing

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Kuibia
Meaning: 'pillager'

Domain: Pillaging ;;
Existing Overlapping Domains: Thieves, Chaos, Conflict, Conquest, Destruction, Injustice, Outlaws, Villainy, War
Definition: To rob or steal using violence, generally in a time of war or conflict.
Relevance: With many prides or groups coming into contact, pillaging is bound to happen. Many times in nature, one group will violently take from another. An example would be the frequent pillaging hyenas do of, say, a cheetah's kill.

Description: I like how he looks. o uo Maybe just a darker wing color
Edits: I can't think of anything specifically right now! ;; Maybe some bone trinkets/trinkets in general *is the worst*

How many gods do you own? 1

I hope I'm okay to enter ;;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: TBD
Meaning: N/A

Domain: Spoils - Approval
Existing Overlapping Domains: Crafting, Conquest, Greed, Trade, Victory, War, and Warriors
Definition: Spoils - goods stolen or taken forcibly from a person or place
Relevance: There are many prides and even individuals that focus on gathering up the visible proof of their victories. Whether it's gems, teeth, bones, pelts, precious metals, sea shells, or the rare man-made item like fabric, everyone's definition of what they consider a trophy can change, but the act of getting that trinket by some means of force doesn't. A head-to-head competition, a sneak attack, or even slipping into someone's land and stealing all qualify to gain spoils. These are treasures won by someone's prowess and, while it's not always a good connotation, you can't deny seeing someone walk by decorated in visual proof of their accomplishments is impressive.

Description: An ascension of my lion, Vidar.
Edits: Additional bangles, bracelets, dangly things in his mane/tail, decorations, pelts, whatever you want to add to make him look like his den is a pile of 'treasure'. The only thing I specifically request would be the beaded tooth decoration in his current mane to be placed somewhere on him, whether it's in his mane, tail, hanging from the bag, etc.

RPs

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Mkaidi'Wandamu
Meaning: Roughly it equates to 'Bully Mortal' which is a shorter form for 'Bully of Mortals'

Domain: Bullying
Existing Overlapping Domains: Friendship (Polar?), Injustice, Chauvinism, Rogues, Impatience, Rage, Bruises, Blood, Chaos, Deception, Trickery, Death, Conscience, Envy, Egotism, Love, Mischief, Predators, Heroes, Warriors, War, The Mind, Evolution, Villainy, Greed, Wrath, Lust, Vengeance, The Unwanted, Vigilantes, Distrust, Fear, Ambition, Apathy, Conflict, Contradictions, Denial, Hate, Frustration, Hypocrisy
Definition: This Domain is essentially the Domain of Bullies big and small, those that enact horrible treatment of others, those who do it because of their confusion of how to process their emotions and feelings in a productive way and simply those doing it as a means of survival.
Relevance: Bullying exists in the animal world as a whole, whether it's pushing those out of other's territories or nests for their own young, pushing out older males so younger ones can have females and ofcourse since SoA animals are 'sentient' in the way that SoA are - ofcourse there is probably going to be bullying in the more human sense.
Cubs picking on each other because of differences, girls/boys picking on people they have crushes on because have NO IDEA how to handle these rampant emotions, lions picking on other lions to dissuade them from certain roles or important jobs in prides so they can have it.
And I see this God not only being the terrible devil on the shoulder, like; 'Yeah go on do it' but also as a sort of 'warning sign' - Bullying's important for some aspect of survival but it's also an important hurdle to overcome for survival, sticking up for yourself against stronger people who are going to put you down is an important lesson.
So Bullying/Bullies being parting of the world makes sense to me.

Description: He honestly looks perfect the way he is, I honestly built the domain concept idea OFF of his appearance.
Edits: I can see him being maybe a bit more cocky looking and maybe a bit more scruffy? But other than that I think he looks great!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:28 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name:
Meaning:

Domain: Charisma
Existing Overlapping Domains: Leadership, Inspiration, Chivalry (kind of? Charisma can present itself a bit like it, though at heart they're not really similar)), Civility (same as chivalry). Popularity
Definition: Charisma: compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.
Relevance: Charisma is an important trait for anyone who wishes to hold a significant or powerful position, particularly in a public or directly leading role. It doesn't make someone a good leader, but it allows them to command a crowd's attention and to an extent their hearts. It's found in leaders and in wandering rogues, and just about anyone who seems to possess an air that draws others in regardless of - and sometimes in spite of their actual personality.

Description: I like his overall look fairly well, though I would suggest changing his colors to something more eye-catching and attention-grabby instead of the low-key naturals he has now. I'd also request grey eyes.
Edits: Nothing I can think of, really? I admit I'm not very elaborate in design ideas.

How many gods do you own? Zero.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:32 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Qué-Shu (Mortal: Tethys)
Meaning: No meaning, it's the name of a fictional village.

Domain: Brotherhood - Approval just in case!
Existing Overlapping Domains: Loyality (Overlap), Friendship (Overlap), Family (Parent)
Definition: The relationship between brothers.
Relevance:
Blood isn't always thicker than water. Depending on where a SoA is raised and by whom, they can regard anyone as their 'brother'. Whether this is forged in battle, or by blood, the relationship is a very special one.

Description:
- Fur Colour: White with some very soft blue (varying shades) dapples around the rump.
- Mane/Tail Tuft: Dark Blue or Navy
- Accessory Colours/Tweaks: CC!

Overall he's meant to be a complete ball of fluff, think of a fat/tubby cat and that's him once he ascends.

Edits:
Some little jewels and flowers around his paws, possibly tumbling from his pouch.

Ascension: Yes (Tethys)
RPs for Ascension:
  1. [FIN] Hey Bro - Mseto x Tethys
  2. [FIN] Broooo - Kuaminiwa`moshi x Tethys
  3. [FIN] Hi Mom, Where's Dad? - Ari x Tethys
  4. [FIN] Coming of Age - Destati x Tethys
  5. [FIN] Teacher and Student - Naima x Tethys
  6. [FIN] Will She, Won't She? - Tethys x Naima
  7. [FIN] Strength in Many Forms - Arina x Tethys
  8. [FIN] One Abnormal Exchange - Tethys x Azadi
  9. [FIN] Goodbye. Hello. - Shauku x Tethys
  10. [FIN] Second Times the Charm - Hati x Tethys
  11. [FIN] Dead Man's Chest - Various Participants
  12. [FIN] Another Awakening - Tethys x Confusion
  13. [FIN] Bee in her Bonnet - Imani x Tethys
    + Many more~!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm
size=14]Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Jimmu
Meaning: Divine Warrior

Domain: Ancestors
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fathers, mothers, The Past, possibly cubs and prides
Definition: Those who came before - great grandparents, etc; progenitors of a family or collective in the past.
Relevance: Breeding.

Description: CC!
Edits: CC, asian

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:21 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Ezeoha
Meaning: The People's King

Domain: Keepsakes
Existing Overlapping Domains: Connections, Legacies, Memories, Rememberance,
Definition: A small item kept in memory of the person who gave it or originally owned it.
Relevance: Everyone places some amount of value in the people they know, and for those they are especially close to yearn for a way to remember them by when they're gone.
Description: Ezeoha
Edits: CC
How many gods do you own? 4

His ten RPs:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:42 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Uhambo
Meaning: Journey (Zulu)

Domain: Travelers
Existing Overlapping Domains: the Home (polar), Hospitality (overlap), Identity (overlap), Messengers (overlap), Navigation (overlap), Wanderlust (overlap)
Definition: A person or persons who are moving from one location to another, whether part of a migratory pattern, a one-time journey, or any kind of venture leaving their home.
Relevance: SoA travel all the time: hunting, migrations, being kicked out of their homes, visiting distant relatives, etc. It's only natural that they would pray to the God of Travelers for safety and protection on their journey.

Description: I like his colors and markings! Simplicity is a virtue, especially if you spend your life traveling!
Edits: Can we take off the big necklace and maybe add another bag or two for his journey supplies?

How many gods do you own? 2  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Vigo
Meaning: adaptation of an actor's name

Domain: Repentance
Existing Overlapping Domains: Penance - this is the biggest overlap, but penance involves punishment specifically, and can potentially completely exclude repentance, since attitude doesn't play into penance. Penance is generally an enforced penalty.
Next Closest Domains: Sin, Temptation, Virtue, The Past, Memories, The Mind, Wisdom, Negative Emotions, Healing, Honor, Hope, Judgment, Karma, Hypocrisy, Peace, Salvation, Support
Definition: Remorse over past wrong-doings and changing one's actions to avoid repeating them.
Relevance: It is a basic part of morality and emotional health. Who wouldn't like some help, support, and reassurance when struggling with changing one's life from doing bad things to doing good things instead?

Description: (Living) Ascension of Vigo'tamort, CC on how to transfer his appearance.
Edits: A ponytail or tuft of hair pulled into something that matches the rest of his ornaments?

How many gods do you own? #1

Ascension RPs:
You Don't Back Down - Shambe (Dulcea) *
A Very Different Meeting - Shambe (Dulcea) *
Fly By Night - Tribalwind (Tara) *
Down by the Waterhole - Mwujuzi (Vesale) *
Down the Rabbit Hole - Rei (Mog) *
Like Minds - Rahmara (Duckly) *
Pleasant Blessing - Talayeh (Saf) *
Hidey Hole - Tu (Annchen) ~
Another Trip to the Roguelands - Mng'kari (Leth) ~
Starting Fresh - Natintrapa (Kiya) ~  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name: Denahi
Meaning: Form of Denali which means "Great One"

Domain: Consequence (On the Approved list already)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Teaching, Betrayal, Choices, Denial, Truth
Definition: A result or effect of an action or condition.
Relevance: Every choice someone makes has a certain consequence to it. Whether it is good or bad depends on the action.

Description: Based on Denahi's current form here. All markings and scars should transfer to god form.
Edits:Edits that this God already has with the addition of small horns maybe? (He was always thought of a bad guy when he was just misunderstood). The colors blue, green and red (thing sapphire, emerald, ruby) all to represent his first litter's eye color, (the fourth if unable to be removed, can be a random color).

Required Roleplays:

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:19 pm
Entering for Mystery God
God's Name:
Meaning:

Domain: Valleys
Existing Overlapping Domains: Earth, dirt and some related/similar ones are: caves, swamps, volcanoes, deserts, mountains, the savannah
Definition: A low area of land between hills or mountains, typically with a river or stream flowing through it.
Relevance: Much like the above listed domains, SoA may make their homes in valleys, hunt there or simply traverse through them. Example: y'all ever heard of the Great Rift Valley ?? (of course you have bc SoA is set near it)

Description: "Valley"-like markings on his face and shoulder. Dark blue eyes. Sapphire gemstones, one dark blue feather, one green one. Touchpad ref. You absolutely may laugh at what are supposed to represent horns.
Edits: Moss around edges of feathers. Laurel-esc crown to represent trees. A small twig or two sticking out of the laurels. Oryx horns (but smaller/something that fits his scale).

[OOC] Official Events

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces