How are you Feeling? (Ashlyn and Ionan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 pm
Ashlyn had been spending a lot of time in the infirmary, keeping her family company and helping as she could. With so many of the Weyrlings out of commission, lessons were on hold and she helped those here too. Then she also had to help with her Wing, since their Wingleader was another who had gotten hit heavily with the flu. Luckily, it seemed their Wing Seconds were relatively fine, so that was a relief.

Currently, she was going to check on one of her brothers, who hadn't gotten hit very hard with the flu. She knew it would bring a peace of mind to her parents, even though the healer had allowed Ionan to leave after he was checked. Now she just needed to figure out where he was.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:07 am
Ionan was outside the candidate barracks. He was pacing back and forth. His parents were both sick, and his older brothers. He only had a cough, and he felt awful. He couldn’t help take care of anyone, he had chores and candidate lessons to attend. He was helpless.

What if... no, he couldn’t think like that. But what if the worst did happen? What if the healers couldn’t fix everyone?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm
Ashlyn finally spotted her brother's pacing form down at the candidate barracks and she had Gyafrith take them down to her. Knowing Ionan, his mind was clouded with thoughts of doom and gloom. Sometimes she couldn't help but be reminded when T'rel was that age. A smile came to her lips at the thought, as her blue came down gently.

"There you are, I have been looking for you. How are you holding up?"she asked, gracefully jumping down from her dragon's back.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:25 pm
"Momma and Dad are going to die, aren't they?" Ionan had bypassed her question with his own, more pressing one. He hurried over to her and wrapped his arms around her. "T'rel and Tass are sick too, I made T'rel take Tass to momma, and she made T'rel take him to the healers, but now Momma is sick, and it's all my fault!" One long sentence of fretting, the teenager was wringing his hands. It was a trait he'd picked up recently.

"They're all going to die, aren't they?"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:30 pm
"Whoa, easy, remember to breathe somewhere in there. No, I don't think Mama and Papa are going to die. The healers said Mama isn't too bad, she just needs to rest. As for Papa, Zetigeth will do everything in his power to help him through it. And yes, I know T'rel and Tass are sick too, was just there checking in on everyone. Demanthra is too, she got really hit with it, Monath is worried. Ash'il and I lucked out with not getting hit,"she admitted. She placed a comforting hand on Ionan's shoulder.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm
Ionan trembled and wrapped his arms around Ash. “I thought Tass was dead when I found him. He was collapsed and I panicked and got Tyalith to tell T’rel, but I didn’t know T’rel was as sick as he was and he could’ve fallen off Tyalith and died!” He fretted, and let go of his older sister.

He studied her. “I could have killed him,” he said. “It would’ve been my fault. Is Demanthra going to be okay?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:08 pm
Ashlyn hugged him gently, she could see this was really getting to him. The more he spoke, the more it seemed he also felt guilty, even if he shouldn't. She was quiet for a moment, as he just spoke about what had happened, before he let her go. She tried to think of what to say, looking to Gyafrith, who sent calming thoughts to his rider.

"I am worried too, but I know everyone will be alright. You didn't do anything, you didn't know. You can't blame yourself for getting T'rel, you were scared for Tass. And yes, I am sure Demanthra will be fine, she just needs time to get better,"she answered.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:53 pm
But how did she know? Would everyone really be alright, or was she just saying that so he wouldn’t be scared? It felt like one of those stories where he knew an adult was lying when they said everything was going to be alright, because they thought the truth would scare the character too much. Ionan has never experienced one of those times, his family was honest with him.

But if Ash really believed it, what if she was wrong? “When will they get better?” He asked.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:16 am
"I wish I knew, Ionan, but I am not sure with when everyone will be better. Mama, it shouldn't take too long, maybe a few days. Papa should be a bit longer, with him being hit fairly hard. As for Demanthra and the boys, it may take a sevenday or so before they start feeling somewhat better,"Ashlyn replied.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:19 am
A sevenday or more? Ionan frowned. He’d hoped this thing would last a few days at most. “I hope they feel better soon,” he said. He wrapped his arms around Ash.

“I’m glad you’re not sick. How’s T’ye?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 pm
"I am sure they will be up and around before we know it, just got to be patient. As for T'ye, is got hit pretty bad with the flu, had to drag him to the healers myself. However, he should be okay, we have some of the best healers in all of Pern,"she reminded.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:04 pm
“I hope T’ye feels better,” Ionan said, after a moment. He gave Ash another hug. “Did you really drag him to the healers?” He could just imagine it. His sister’s mate was one of the most stubborn people he’d ever met.

“I hope you’re right.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:15 pm
"Yes, I really did. Thankfully, he couldn't put up too much fight, which gave me time to have my flits go get the healers. I didn't think I could get him all the way there by myself. Correction, with just the help of Gyafrith, since T'ye was definitely not doing well. And don't worry, I am sure he will be fine before we know it. Just going to keep me on my toes between him, the rest of our family, and the Weyrlings that are sick,"she admitted. She hugged her little brother back gently.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 am
Why did everyone have to get sick? Ionan worries about T’ye, but less because of his sister’s reassurances. She wouldn’t let her weyrmate die. He was sure she wouldn’t have left him if she thought he was that badly off.

“Don’t push yourself too hard, I don’t want you sick too.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am
"Don't worry, I am fine, haven't even had a cough. Ash'il and I seem to be doing quite well this flu season, thankfully. As for pushing myself..well, I will see what I can do. No guarantees, not when so many are sick and I have been helping anyway I can,"Ashlyn spoke.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff