Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
{PRP}I sprained a wing! {Ashlyn x Jynnat} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:00 pm
Jynnat and Begath had been having a fine morning so far. Lessons for the morning had gone well. They were practicing low level flying when the blue decided to do a trick and show how fancy his flying was. Unfortunately, his wing slammed into the ground pulling several muscles. Their landing was less than graceful as Begath let out a painful croon. Ow ow ow ow ow! I can't pull in my right wing!

She jumped down as soon as they stopped to look at the wing. It was dragging, but she didn't think it was broken. "Begath! Don't move it too much. I don't think it's broken, but let's not risk it." She was worried. A broken wing wouldn't make a dragon between would it?

"Let's get you into a wallow in the weyrling barracks. There's no way you can fly to our weyr now." Shards! Jynnat helped hold the wing up as best she could. Her blue was getting so big now. As soon as she got him settled, she went in search of the assistant weyrlingmaster.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:38 pm
Ashlyn and Gyafrith had stopped in at home, to make sure her twin brother was watching the baby. With the flu still raging and most of her family in the infirmary, her brother was a lifesaver when it came to watching his nephew. Now she was heading back to the Weyrling barracks, checking on those who hadn't gotten as sick or had gotten better. Gyafrith landed as gracefully as ever, when she noticed Jynnat out of the corner of her eye.

"Hello Jynnat. Forgot to mention it during our light lesson today, but welcome back. Seems the flu really hit you guys pretty hard,"she spoke softly.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She was out of breath and fretting by the time she found the assistant. "Ashlyn! Please come quick! Begath hurt his wing!" She raced up to the side of the blue anxiously. Jynnat didn't really notice Ashlyn's comment about the weyrling at the moment. "I don't think it's broken, but I wanted you to check."

The young woman wanted to grab her and drag her off her dragon, but resisted, instead her hands opening and closing. "I put him in the weyrling barracks." It didn't help that Begath kept moaning in the back of her mind that his wing hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:53 pm
Ashlyn frowned slightly when she heard Jynnat mention that Begath had hurt his wing. She hoped the girl was right and it wasn't broken, but she gave a gentle nod to the girl. Gyafrith bent down enough, so that she could jump gently down from his back, on the other side of Jynnat. Then she made her way around her protective blue, over to where the girl waited.

"Lead the way and I will take a look at his wing. Could be as simple as a pulled wing muscle or could be a break. Either way, he should be fine,"she assured the girl. She mentally asked her blue to reach out to the younger one and try to keep him calm too.

Begath, calm down, Ashlynmine is on her way. She will make sure you didn't seriously hurt yourself. Everything will be alright, you will see,he thought to the other.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She fretted as the rider got down then made her back over to her. Why hadn't Ashlyn gotten down on this side? It would have saved some time. Jynnat turned to run back toward the weyrling barracks, looking back over her shoulder be sure her instructor was coming. She did sigh with relief as Ashlyn reassured her, her precious blue should be fine no matter what.

Hang in there Begath. Ashlyn and I are coming! Begath hummed at his rider and tried not to move his wing. His whirling eyes slowed slightly as he felt the encouragement from his fellow blue. I really hope they don't take long Gyafrith.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:14 pm
Ashlyn knew jumping down on Jynnat's side would have been easier, but she didn't want to accidentally fallen on the girl. She ran after the other, making sure to keep up. It was obvious the other was worried, it wasn't like she could exactly blame her. After all, how many times had she done the same over Gyafrith, when he got hurt, even a little.

"I know how it feels, to want to make sure your dragon is perfectly fine. When I was a Weyrling, I used to make sure to do everything I could for Gyafrith. Actually, I still do, but best to keep ourselves calm too, for their sake,"she smiled.

They won't, they are headed your way as we speak,he answered.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:00 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Jynnat was relieved when Ashlyn didn't dawdle. Sure now that the assistant weylingmaster would keep up, she headed directly toward where she'd left her beloved blue. Are you almost here? Begath asked plaintively. Yes, we're just around the corner.

She glanced back at her instructor. "I didn't get a chance to stop him, and he was too close to the ground." They'd probably get a tongue lashing and extra chores, once it was clear Begath would survive intact. She'd make sure the runaway blue never pulled this particular stunt again. At least not until she was positive he wouldn't hurt himself doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 pm
Ashlyn had no trouble keeping up with the younger girl, feeling Gyafrith give her an extra mental nudge. She was truly lucky to have her wonderful blue, he always knew what she needed..sometimes before she did. When Jynnat began to explain what happened, a bit of a frown escaped her lips. Well, that certainly explained the injury, however serious it would turn out to be.

"We will talk later about being more careful in flight, but that can wait. Let me see how bad his wing is right now, since that is more important,"she replied to the other.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:29 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

She might have been worried Ashlyn would have brushed off her concern, but that wasn't the case. The older rider easily kept up with her. Jynnat turned her attention to her dragon. Take it easy Begath. We're almost here. Don't move that wing! She felt him whine as he automatically tried to fold the wing into its correct position.

The weyrling glanced over her shoulder, "if he hadn't hurt himself I woulda flayed his hide right there for that stupid stunt." She was definitely going to do it once he was better for sure. It didn't take long before the barrack came into view and she dived into the first one that contained her beloved blue.

I am glad you are back Jynnat. Holding still is so hard. Jynnat went to his head and knelt down, letting Begath rest his head on her lap. It was clear which wing it was as the right wing rested on the ground instead of folded neatly along his back like his left.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:24 pm
Ashlyn nodded her head in reply to the younger woman, as they finally got to the stall where the younger blue was. She watched Jynnat kneel next to him and it was obvious to her which wing was injured. Walking over to Begath's right side and knelt down to examine his wing. It was then that she finally allowed a smile to come to her lips.

"Well, it seems you both lucked out this time. It is just a sprain, nothing is broken. Is the pain bad enough that you want me to grab some numbweed?"she asked gently.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:11 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Jynnat heaved a sigh of relief as her hopes were confirmed. Her idiotic blue hadn't suffered more than a sprain. Begath whistled his appreciation as well. "Thank you Ashlyn. I wanted a more experienced rider to confirm just in case I missed something."

She glanced at Begath, who rolled his eyes at her, I would like some numbweed please. The young woman glared at him fiercely. "I should make you suffer the pain to teach you better Begath!" She really was half of mind to make him do without. Pain could sometimes be a powerful teacher. However. She sighed and relented at his pathetic croon.

"Yes please Ashlyn. Though take your time getting it. Next time you do something stupid Begath we will forego the numbweed." But I was only trying to be awesome. "You certainly can't be awesome from the weyrling barracks!" Jynnat shook her head.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 pm
Ashlyn smiled softly, she had not minded at all giving the wing a look over, even if Jynnat seemed to have it right. After all, it was her job as Assistant Weyrlingmaster to make sure all those in their care was looked after. Had this been a break, they would be grounded for awhile and V'mel would have probably been pretty livid. Thankfully, it was just a sprain, so they would just have to make sure they took it easy until it was back to 100%. While the young woman and her rider talked, she headed to get the numbweed. It didn't take long before she came back with it.

"Here you go, Jynnat. And Begath, it is all well and good to be awesome, but you can do so safely. When your rider instructs you to do something, you have to listen to her. If you don't, then out against Thread, you could be in big trouble,"she explained firmly.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:50 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

While she was grateful the wing muscles had only been sprained, she wasn't looking forward to falling behind the rest of her class. She wondered how she'd make it clear to Begath, that stunts like these were not cool while she waited to Ashlyn to return with the numbweed. It didn't take the assistant weyrlingmaster long to return with the jar.

"Thank you." She took the jar and and moved down next to his wing before starting to smear it along the places that hurt the worst. Jynnat could tell the young blue was thinking hard about what she and Ashlyn had said. Well, you hadn't instructed me not to do it, Begath grumbled in a futile attempt at self defense. Hmmmmm, Begath hummed and thought about Thread, Ashlyn is right. Such a simple plan wouldn't have worked against Thread! I need to make it bigger!

She frowned and turned toward his head, pausing in her application of the numbweed. "I didn't, because I had barely gotten the thought from you what you were going to do before you did it. I had no time, Begath." Her eyes widened, and her mouth settled into a straight firm line. "Thank you for your assistance Assistant Weyrlingmaster Ashlyn. This looks like it's going to be a very long conversation. I think he'll need to rest for a couple of days at least. Would you mind telling V'mel? I need to work on sorting out my misguided blue."

Begath turned his head on his neck to stare at his rider. I am not misguided Jynnatmine. I only have to work out the proper plan and it'll work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:48 pm
Ashlyn mentally shook her head when Begath pointed out that his rider had not told him not to do it. That excuse was not going to work for her and knew V'mel would think the dragon had been quite foolish. She wanted to groan when her words were taken to mean he needed to come up with bigger tricks against Thread. Begath had a lot to learn still, it would seem, especially before they got into even more dangerous things. She gave Jynnat a nod of the head, to let her know she would pass the word on to V'mel.

"Begath, she may have not verbalized the order, but you still should have known better. You are connected to one another, you know what she approves of and doesn't approve of. As for doing things like that during Thread, I would not advise that at all. You will want to work as a team and not do anything reckless. I will tell V'mel he needs rest, Jynnat, so that he knows. Do know, however, that he will surely have extra chores or some other punishment for this,"she reminded.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

The blue let out a sad whine as the weyrlingmaster scolded him too. But he was trying so hard. Jynnat sighed and wrapped her arms around his head. "Don't worry Begath. We'll work it out together. We'll work on your plans so you don't make this mistake again. Deal?" Yes Jynnatmine. Will we also work on any new plans I come up with? The woman sighed, then nodded. "Yes."

She winced slightly as Ashlyn reminded her of the punishment. Well he wouldn't be flying for at least a few days, so she might as well put them to use. She'd have done the same thing in Ashlyn's shoes. "Yes ma'am. We'll get better. I promise."

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff