[PRP] Tangled (Nadry/Dr'stan+Dragons) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:34 am
Slinking in late to morning tasks had been a uniquely uncomfortable experience.  She had very nearly made it all the way to graduation without ever being late, and aside from her bout with the flu over the winter, had had perfect attendance.  So much for that.  And as if being late hadn't been enough, she'd been late in yesterday's clothes (though she did try to reassure herself that since she'd only spent half a day in them, they didn't quite qualify as dirty), and she had had company in her tardiness.  On one hand, C'lusi's company was very reassuring; on the other, it was another hint for anyone with an imagination as to why they were late.

Even then, that could maybe have been easier to overlook if she hadn't then spent most of the rest of the day trying very hard not to look at him, because she knew that if she did, she would lose any hope at all of focusing.  Not that she was all that successful regardless.  She just barely managed to keep herself from being visibly too lost in thought, but she was in turn hopelessly fidgety while doing her best to stay on task.  Lunch could not come soon enough, nor dinner, nor finally their evening free time.  Which meant a stop by her weyr to grab a change of clothes, a long-awaited trip to the bathing area, and a return to her weyr for some much-needed privacy while her hair dried.  And then...she wasn't sure.  She very much wanted to see C'lusi and R'shahar again, but didn't want to overstep or push herself into their lives; they would very likely appreciate some alone time, she assumed, a chance to talk.

Maybe later, she would ask Menankith to check with Macuith - she knew the brown had been chatting away with the object of his affections all day, had felt the hum of happiness across their mental link.  Not that he had simply focused on the blue and ignored everyone else, no, he had been perfectly happy to be in the company of and speak with the rest of his clutchmates.  As the day wore on and the high faded just a bit, that mental thrum did gradually lessen as he began to grow more pensive, dwelling on how he had upset Neiveth.  How he owed her an apology.  Now was not the time, however, so soon after the Flight.  He had to sit on that need, those emotions, until the appropriate time.

For now, he laid out on his ledge, soaking in a light evening rain.  He didn't mind it at all, in fact he was rather enjoying the sensation, and closed his eyes with a sigh.

Mx Cherie
sorry for multi-quotes as I prune phone typos

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:36 am

Weyrling lessons and drills had been especially hard lately. Dr'stan hadn't struggled with the content, but dealing with his dragon's emotions had been... difficult. Especially given the way the recent Flight had turned out. Cynosuth had been almost inconsolable, although Dr'stan felt like he had managed to turn the conversation around somewhat. He did feel badly for her, but given that she hadn't said a word to Menankith about her feelings, he just couldn't let her wallow.

Menankith and Macuith had spent the day in close rapport, and Cynosuth had spent the day studiously ignoring them. Her hearts were in shambles, and she didn't know which way to turn. However, watching their happiness was almost too much to bear. So, she had chosen to pretend they both did not exist.

Not cruelly, but... just to cope. Menankith, Cynosuth said, trying to hide the sadness in her voice. Can we talk, please? By the lake? Where they normally did. There was a grassy spot where Nadry and Dr'stan liked to spend time together just chatting or going over the recent lessons. The little Green settled herself in the hollow, staring out at the lake as if she wanted to disappear into it.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 pm
The voice of his dearest green sister - which he had not heard all day for some reason - had him quickly sitting upright with a happy blue whirl in his eyes. Of course! Delight hummed through his words. He hadn't thought much of Cynosuth's silence throughout the day; he had noticed it, most certainly, but had assumed that she simply had her reasons. Perhaps she was tired, or had a lot on her mind, or was especially focused on their tasks, or simply was not feeling very social. His sometimes had off days that she attributed to being a 'girl thing,' so to his mind ot was very possible that it was something like that. Regardless of the reason, now that he felt the brush of her mind again, he realized that he had missed her voice. In his excitement to hear it again, there was a long pause before he remembered to ask, Are we bringing Ours?

Once he had received the answer and informed His, who was...not unhappy to be leaving their weyr already, but hadn't expected to! Is it at least done raining?

Very nearly, I think. It is barely a drizzle now. Are you coming, or do I have to leave you behind? he teased, fidgeting until and even as she mounted up. Then the lake was but a short glide away, and he thrummed an affectionate greeting to his sister as he landed.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Seated near Cynosuth, Dr'stan looked up at his dragon, noting the way her hide seemed to almost glow in the day light. ... Actually, it did seem very bright lately. Curious. When Nadry arrived, Dr'stan raised his hand in greeting. "Hey," he said, glancing at her and noticing that there was... something different. Something about her. She was glowing.

"So, what happened?" he asked, although he knew very well what had happened. Sometimes it was more important to talk about a thing than to be right about it. This was one of those times. She clearly was dying to chat with someone - and he was more than willing to listen.

Hello, Cynosuth said, still looking out over the water, trying to think of what to say to him. It wasn't easy. He was... ebullient. She felt like she was trying to come apart. Did you have... a good time? she asked, wishing away the halting in her mind voice.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:53 pm
You are very bright this evening! Menankith admired as he pressed himself down against the damp ground so that His could easily slide down. Perhaps it is because of the clouds, but I would swear that you are brighter than usual.

A good time...? Oh! That. The brown hmm'd over the question, searching for suitable descriptors. To say that he'd had 'a good time' didn't seem the appropriate way to phrase it - too easy, too much like it had been a game. I- It was very hard to encapsulate the feeling and give voice to it. Still, she had asked, and he would try - there was no reason, so far as he knew, to keep anything from her. I did not know what to expect, and I'm not sure how to explain it, either. But it...was good?

"Hi," Nadry returned with a dip of her head, amd brushed back her still-damp hair. She'd almost braided it back to keep it out of the way, but then it would never dry. Ah, but the question came and she blushed, and though she looked down and away, her smile was just as bright as it was self-conscious. "You mean everyone doesn't know?" There was a laugh to it, no real distress now that she'd had all day for the initial embarrassment to fade. Thank Faranth that, impossible as it might seem, there'd been no real punishment for their lateness - V'mel had certainly had it in his power to make them regret it, had he wanted to.

"It, well." She rubbed the back of her neck. Talking about stuff like this clearly remained a hang-up. "They asked, and I said yes? And I...I'm glad I did." And now she was very, very red. But he was right, she really did want to talk about it, even if finding and getting out the words wasn't easy.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:05 pm

After a long silence, Cynosuth finally said, Do you... love him? The little Green had curled up on herself inwardly, expecting the answer. Anticipating the blow. She didn't want to know, but she needed to know. Oh, why did it have to be this way? Why were her hearts never enough to capture someone else's love in return?

She didn't care if she lit up like the moons, she felt darker than the deepest, blackest night. And it was almost certainly about to get worse. She wasn't sure whether she could bear it. But bear it she must. Listening anxiously, she awaited Menankith's response.

Dr'stan snagged Nadry, and pulled her over so that she was tucked into his side as he sat on the grass, a fur thrown down for his comfort. "Good for you. Sounds like you had a great time." Not, of course, that Dr'stan had any experience bedding two men, but it sounded like a pleasant enough concept. "You know I don't listen to gossip, Nadry."

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 pm
I do, he answered simply, though those two words were laced with wonder. The realization had been months and months coming, and had struck him hard - so hard that he had been...rather inconsiderate to Neiveth, to put it very lightly. That was his one regret in all this, though he had no idea that that was about to change.

Nadry's smile softened and warmed when Dr'stan snagged her and tucked her against him. By now the older weyrling was equal parts friend and brother, and their relationship was every bit as much a part of her as her closeness with Ichta and G'ran. Even if she and G'ran were going to have a little difficulty looking at each other with straight faces for awhile. "I did," she admitted with another blush. It was probably fairly telling that the Flight had taken place at lunchtime, and they had still managed to be late the next day. "It's alright," she added when he reminded her that he wasn't a gossipmonger - as the oldest of them, he was of course more mature than that. "Even if everyone does know, it's...normal, right? Stuff like this happens all the time. So it's alright."

That was what she kept reminding herself. There were greenflights every day. Most Weyrfolk probably didn't bat an eye, and her own little 'scene' had likely been notable to very few. Right?

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:37 pm

However much Cynosuth had tried to steel herself, hearing those two words was like a lance directly through her hearts. She found herself speechless, and... and hopeless. And.

oh. was all she said, before her wings took flight, casting her as far and as fast away from this terrible moment. Oh Faranth. Knowing it had been tough, but hearing it? She couldn't. She couldn't. She c-

She wanted to fling herself to the farthest point in the world, and cry her hearts out. She wanted to sink into the deepest depths of the sea. She wanted... she wanted. She wanted to disappear.

"... Faranth. Shaffit, Cyno," Dr'stan said, burying his face in one hand. "Sorry. She's feeling dramatic lately." It wasn't time right now to talk about her feelings. "It is normal, Nadry. Going to bed with one, two, three, or however many... it happens. It happens often. Shells, Greens go up almost every day. Besides that, there are definitely groups of dedicated lovers here."

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:10 pm
While in hindsight, he could later add up that her behavior over the course of the day had been odd, and maybe realize that he should have noticed something was amiss before it so obviously was, but as had become clear during the Flight, he was incredibly inexperienced in all matters of the heart. They were entirely new to him, as of...well, yesterday. He felt as though he had hardly begun to know his own hearts, knew now that he had much to learn and explore, and so was completely and utterly blindsided when Cynosuth just took flight.

His eyes flashed a yellow-gray of alarm and worry, and he launched after her with a creel. Not only was she upset, she was so upset that she was running away, and he had no idea why. What was wrong?! What had he said? What had he done? They'd only been talking, and then- ! In spite of having no idea what he'd done to cause this, he felt a wretched creature for it. Should he even be trying to follow her, if he had done something, if she so wanted away from him? We wavered in the air, still creeling. Cynosuth! Please...please come back! Tell me what is wrong, and I will fix it, I promise!

Oh, but if only he knew.

Nadry started when Cynosuth took off, and Menankith after her, with a surge of distress. "It's alright. Is she okay?" She stared after them, although Dr'stan didn't seem terribly concerned, so she tried to return her focus to their conversation. "However many? Faranth, I think- I think two is plenty."

How could anyone possibly-?! Just...shells. "I don't know if we're...I don't know what's going to happen, but I want to try."

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 pm

When Cynosuth had flown as far away as she could without panting for breath and tiring herself out utterly, she hid. Hiding didn't make the pain go away. It didn't make anything better. ... And. He knew where she was. Could find her. But. The instinct was there. You... you love him, she said, the words like shards of glass in her thoughts. Oh, it hurt. You cannot fix this. Nothing can fix this.

She wanted to die. She had been hurt by Aresoth in the past. A betrayal from him of this sort would have stung, but this? Never in all of her life had she imagined that her hearts would not be safe from Menankith. Trembling, wishing to the stars that she could weep, Cynosuth gave into the keen that wanted to tear its way from her throat.

"... She's heartbroken, but she'll be okay, I'm sure." Dr'stan shrugged a little, giving Nadry a squeeze. "She's young, and young love is always hard." Or so had been his experience. "Yes, however many. I'm sure two is plenty, but sometimes hearts don't listen, and you wind up in love with more than one or two. Sometimes couples become trios, or trios quartets. Groups." Glancing down at Nadry, he observed that she did seem to be happy. "Well, it can't hurt to try, right?"

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:49 pm
That was...that was what was wrong? That he loved Macuith? Was it because he was a brown, and Macuith was a blue? That they were both- Was that why Neiveth had been upset, as well? No one had ever seemed to mind that Macuith flirted with all the boys, or Thanoth all the girls, but was there not supposed to be more than that? And if so, why? Menankith had completely misunderstood his sister's meaning, and those words that he mistook broke his hearts. He had thought- He had thought that they were close, and had ever held her dear, brightened and encouraged by her company, and to think now that she was so repulsed by him that she had fled the very sight of him...

He gave up his pursuit and landed hard, and curled in on himself with a heartbroken creel. He knew where to find her, but he did not want to; she hated him, and he was gutted, all his happiness bleeding away like ichor from a gaping wound. I thought that- I thought-

He couldn't finish the words, but the feelings were all there, the hurt and the betrayal, that she could judge him so for something he had no control over, hadn't even realized, after everything-!

"Young love? Wait, does she...?" Did Cynosuth have feelings for Menankith? Shards, but that...might very well complicate matters. She did know that her bonded was very fond of the green, much as he'd been very fond of Macuith, right up until he had very abruptly realized it was more than just fondness. But, as to human relationships, "That makes sense." It was, after all, much how she'd come to be in her new situation, although as for the physical logistics of more than three people...that was mind-boggling to her. "I hope it won't. I just- I hope I don't mess it all up."

And that was when Menankith's despair hit her like a ton of bricks, and she gasped.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 pm

I... I love you
, Cynosuth creeled, curling into an even tighter ball. And... and if you love him... Oh, why was this so hard? He didn't... seem to understand. Then. Then. There's no... there's no place for me, she wailed, trying to disappear into nothing. She felt the hurt, the betrayal, and... and...

It wasn't fair! He had done the betraying, not her! She shoved back every bit of hurt, every bit of pain, and the worst, most bitter betrayal that he had given her. Her love, rejected forever, and... not good enough. Not as good as Macuith. She'd. Not been enough in the end. Not enough for him. Not... not enough for anyone. She might as well never Rise, for there would be no one to chase her.

"She's in love with him," Dr'stan admitted, resting his chin against his knee, which he'd tucked up to his chest. Poor Cynosuth. Poor Menankith. Drat it. "You're not going to mess it all up, Nadry. You're not going to. You're too careful." Unfortunately, although he felt Cynosuth's pain, he hadn't realized that she'd lashed out in response to Menankith's own sense of betrayal.

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:20 pm
He barely heard the confession at all, had hardly had time to register any of it, before she shoved back at him with more negativity than he could ever have imagined she possessed, and that hurt almost as much as the viciousness of the mental assault. He had always placed her on a pedestal, delicate and sweet and purely good, and to now experience her hatred shut him down and broke him further.

Why? he pleaded, Why have you done this? Why bring me out here to talk, just so you can hurt me? He felt tricked, attacked, lured into speaking to her as a friend so that she might coax his feelings for Macuith from him and use them against him, and throw her own in his face as though he should have known she had them, even though she had never said a word. How was I to know you loved me, when you never said? And why, just because I love Macuith, could I not have loved you?

Could have. If ever there had been seeds for that, they felt cruelly crushed to dust.

It was- shards, but it was bad. Nadry reeled, leaning heavily against her friend, and much as she appreciated Dr'stan's reassurance about her newfound relationship, it was too hard to continue what was a comparatively lighthearted conversation when all she could feel across the mental link with her dragon was pain. Come back. If you're hurting, come back to me.

"What is- what is she doing?" It wasn't accusatory, or she didn't mean it to be, but it hurt.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:33 pm

That, more than anything in the world, brought Cynosuth to a screeching halt. Horrified, scarcely able to handle that. What she had just done. Menankith! she cried, devastated heartache in her voice. I'm sorry. I didn't. I didn't... I felt your betrayal, and I didn't...

You thought that of me, and I...

The pain now stabbed sharper than any knife. If she had thought it was bad before? Now?

Now it was completely unbearable. It. It wasn't a trap.

Ouch.

If she could have gone between, right then, she would have. You just thought the worst possible thing in the world of me. And I guess I proved you right. With a keen of despair, she threw herself into the air again, and dove beneath the lake.

"... Shaff. That. She didn't mean anything she said or thought to him before that. Oh Faranth. Shardit, Cynosuth. I know he might not understand, but she is this close to Rising, and all of her emotions are haywire. I should have warned you. She didn't bring him out there to hurt him. She wanted to tell him how she felt. And then she lost control."

Meepfur

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:09 pm
He heard His call, and he did want to go to her, but he felt so very heavy - how could he possibly fly, with mind and hearts so burdened? It took a great effort to push himself into the air, to fly low to where he had left His...and Cynosuth's. She was his dearest sister, one of only a handful of dragons capable of cutting him to the bone, and she had done exactly that. He had been so happy, and she'd caught him at his highest and thrown him down. Of all the ways she could have told him how she felt, why this? How had it gone so wrong? He understood now that he had at first misunderstood the cause of her upset, but it still hurt that she had thought him a traitor, that he had rejected her or deemed her not good enough - had assumed such things about him, when he would far rather have hurt himself than ever hurt her. And yet they had just torn each other to shreds. Everything that had been, or might have still, in tatters. What had they done?

Nadry bit her lip and fought back the urge to cry. She'd never felt anything like this from her dragon before - the way they'd felt when their straps had broken was nothing compared to this. "It's- They can fix it, right?" Because they had to, because this was horrible, and she couldn't stand the thought of this being an end, when they had always been so close. "We can fix it?"

Why...does this have to hurt so much? Menankith sobbed across his mental link to his clutchmate, for even now, who else could he ask? He came to rest almost in a heap near where their riders sat, and crawled his way close with a low whine. Nadry separated herself from Dr'stan to hug the brown's head and whisper soothingly to him. "It's alright, love. It'll be alright."

Mx Cherie

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces